Official Discussion Thread for "The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind Pre-Order FAQ"

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is another European that needs some guidance.

I have all DLC save the Dungeon Pack... If I get the physical Morrowind instead of the digital upgrade, can I still add the MW content to my existing account?

It has me a little worried to pre-order...
    I dont want to drive two accounts just to play Morrowind. And hope to take over existing Crownstore purchases and characters.

I would love to have some clarification on this.

Do you need to get the physical version instead of the digital upgrade? I assume you are not talking about the physical Collector's Edition. From a product perspective, the digital upgrade is exactly what you want.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭

I have all DLC save the Dungeon Pack... If I get the physical Morrowind instead of the digital upgrade, can I still add the MW content to my existing account?

I dont want to drive two accounts just to play Morrowind. And hope to take over existing Crownstore purchases and characters.

Do you need to get the physical version instead of the digital upgrade? I assume you are not talking about the physical Collector's Edition. From a product perspective, the digital upgrade is exactly what you want.

Thats correct but the only way to obtain it for me seems to be buy the retail version of the game in a shop. Since I dont own a credit card. And sorry to point it out its quite uncommon here in my country to pay everything with credit cards. So if I get the retail version can I upgrade my game and use my account as I am used to? Or is it not possible?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats correct but the only way to obtain it for me seems to be buy the retail version of the game in a shop. Since I dont own a credit card. And sorry to point it out its quite uncommon here in my country to pay everything with credit cards. So if I get the retail version can I upgrade my game and use my account as I am used to? Or is it not possible?

The only thing that I can find about the physical edition of Morrowind is that if you spend the extra money to get the full Collector's Edition, they key will work to upgrade your existing account. Unfortunately, I cannot find a place where they explicitly say that the standard edition code will upgrade your existing account.

The only thing that I can think of is to open a Support Ticket and ask, making it clear that you want to pre-order the physical standard edition of Morrowind and use the code on your existing ESO account.

As as alternative, would something like PayPal work for you?

• brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Your FAQ did not answer this question for me that I made a thread about:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/326129/how-will-expansions-work-on-xbox#latest
  • Melos-TheMadChimera
    If i was to say buy the Physical collectors edition do i need to use the disk to get morrowind installed or is there a code I can put in?

my computer lacks an optical drive
  • ClownCircle
    ClownCircle
    Soul Shriven
    Having the base game on steam, If I were to buy the normal Morrowind Digital Upgrade could I still activate and play it? Or is my only option to buy the steam Morrowind Digital Upgrade?
  • Sashlyr
    Sashlyr
    Soul Shriven
    There are more images of the collector's edition?
    I wish I could see all this stuff closer...
  • Cr33pnD3a7h
    I have the disk for eso now. If I buy the download of Morrowind will I have to use the disk anymore?
  • GothamHunter
    GothamHunter
    ✭✭✭
    Has there been any answer as to whether the Amazon (or similar) CE key can be applied to an existing Steam account?
  • Nahtal
    Nahtal
    ✭✭✭
    Have buy Morrowind :)

Its think a nice expansion on the huge content already.

I spent my money not on crown crates but on this cin'd of things :)
    Love to crind, to sell, to explore, to heal, and to have fun.
    Templar Breton vampire HEAL CP463 Lord Massimo 'fire is his friend'
    Templar Argonian QUAN CHI HEAL CP463: 'the light of friendly'
    Nightblade Breton Sjangsung DPS CP463 'does not take souls'
    Zizeng (new char) DPS/HEAL warden (not chinees char)
  • Ar2rXrus
    Ar2rXrus
    Soul Shriven
    I want to link my account (with all DLC's and pre-order of Morrowind from site) to Steam.
    Do I need to buy ESO:TU + all DLC + pre-order Morrowind again on Steam or just base game ESO:TU?
    Edited by Ar2rXrus on April 13, 2017 4:21AM
  • Alientiger
    Alientiger
    Soul Shriven
    I want to pre-order Morrowind from the playstation store in South East Asia but it is not out yet. When will it be out in South East Asia for PS4?
  • Zwomann
    Zwomann
    Soul Shriven
    I have not played since the initial release of this game. I have the Digital Imperial Ed. What do I need to get to have allll the DLC and the new expansion??? Can I just buy ONE thing?
    Edited by Zwomann on April 28, 2017 1:50AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zwomann wrote: »
    I have not played since the initial release of this game. I have the Digital Imperial Ed. What do I need to get to have allll the DLC and the new expansion??? Can I just buy ONE thing?

No. You need to buy Crowns to buy the DLC in-game. Morowind Upgrade will be extra.
  • Denohk
    Denohk
    Please, introduce spanish support!
  • GothamHunter
    GothamHunter
    ✭✭✭
    I have TESO through Steam and want to buy the physical collector's edition. Will I receive a code that I can activate on Steam to continue playing it through there, or will it be a standalone key that requires me to have a separate install? I would prefer a Steam key...

Is this mic on?
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i already pre-ordered the $39.99 basic Morrowind pack is it possible to upgrade to a larger pack?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i already pre-ordered the $39.99 basic Morrowind pack is it possible to upgrade to a larger pack?

My guess: If you ordered from Bethesda, you have to cancel the pre-order, and when that is complete, do a new one. They might expedite it if you say that is the reason.
  • WarMasterCyp
    WarMasterCyp
    ✭✭✭
    Comment deleted [Question Answered]
    Edited by WarMasterCyp on May 14, 2017 1:14PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there was a post made about early access to Vvardenfell / Morrowind.
    this was not told to us during our pre-purchase, so i am not sure if i will be allowed to enter the early access.
    i purchased the:

Morrowind® Digital Collector's Edition
    Morrowind pc
    $79.99

NOT the [upgrade], just the Collector's Edition.

i asked in the thread about it and only got answers about the [upgrade] was allowed to get early access but i do not have that.
    so i sent in a ticket to make sure that i would be able to get into early access on 5/22.

but that was several days ago and for some reason support simply is not answering the ticket i sent in.

so i am asking here.

my question

i purchased:

Morrowind® Digital Collector's Edition
    Morrowind pc
    $79.99

several months ago, will i be able to enter into early access on 5/22 even tho i did not purchase the [upgrade] ??

and "Yes" i already have an existing account in eso and have been here for a while.

thank you for taking time to read this question and any answers you may give.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    @dwemer_paleologist

If you read the announcement, the Morrowind® Digital Collector's Edition does not appear to be eligible for early access.

"Early Access is automatically available for players who purchase the Digital Upgrade or Digital Collector's Edition Upgrade versions of ESO: Morrowind for PC/Mac any time prior to launch. If you purchased the Physical Collector's Edition for PC, read on to see how you can join the Early Access event."

If you already had the game and are a current player, why did you purchase the full digital collectors edition? You only needed the upgrade.
  • zayven
    zayven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    If you purchased the regular digital edition upgrade already, is there a way to change this to the collector's edition? My partner really wants the horse for RP purposes, but already purchased the regular edition in initial excitement.
    Edited by zayven on May 13, 2017 9:46PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zayven wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    If you purchased the regular digital edition upgrade already, is there a way to change this to the collector's edition? My partner really wants the horse for RP purposes, but already purchased the regular edition in initial excitement.

Purchased from Bethesda? Open a ticket with support and explain what you want to do. You might need to cancel and refund the initial order, then pre-order it again.
  • Akaviri
    Akaviri
    ✭✭
    Hi,
    Any plans on adding all DLC + Morrowind in 1 promotional pack?
    生ビールを奢ります。
  • WarMasterCyp
    WarMasterCyp
    ✭✭✭
    Comment Deleted [Question Answered]
    Edited by WarMasterCyp on May 14, 2017 1:14PM
  • WarMasterCyp
    WarMasterCyp
    ✭✭✭
    The items from the Discovery Pack will be available to use once Morrowind releases on June 6.

Ah you answered the question here! I apologize 1000 times :(
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I am not buying this until the sellers make this clear.

If I buy a digital upgrade code on Amazon using a gift certificate balance, will it work with my current account and the ESO Launcher, or will it only work with a Steam installation (and not with my current installation).

It says "DRM: Steam" on the Amazon page, so this worries me very much!

@ZOS_GinaBruno please answer this for Amazon buyers like me. :)
  • Sashlyr
    Sashlyr
    Soul Shriven
    Please we are close to launch! Upload more pics of the phisical colecctors edition!

I want to see that map! :D Is it paper or cloth?
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So no word on if and how the digital upgrade codes bought on Amazon work in the ESO store? WTF?
    Edited by Thrasher91604 on May 19, 2017 11:29PM
  • Calgar
    Calgar
    Soul Shriven
    One question: if i buy the Morrowind Digital Collector's Edition Upgrade after May22 but before Jun6, i still obtain the preorder bonus?
    Edited by Calgar on May 20, 2017 11:59PM