The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How Will Expansions Work on Xbox?

brandonv516
brandonv516
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
First a couple clarifications (I'm guessing everyone already knew):

Gamertag = Person, Gamer, Player, User, etc.

Physical copy of base game -
1. Can be played on any 1 console at a time as long as associated gamertag has paid for Xbox Live.
2. Can be played on this gamertag's primary console by other gamertags as well.

Digital copy of base game -
1. Can be played on any number of consoles by the gamertag that purchased it.
2. Can be played on this gamertag's primary console by other gamertags as well.
3. Can be used by multiple gamertags simultaneously.

DLC -
1. Must be purchased by each gamertag individually.
2. Can be played on any console by associated gamertag that purchased it.

Now on to the question part of this thread:

Expansions - ?

How will this be handled? My guess it that it will be much like the base game in that I only need to purchase a digital copy once.

I'm not sure how PC and PS4 work but that doesn't mean we cannot discuss those platforms here as well.

Thank you.
Edited by brandonv516 on March 2, 2017 12:56AM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expansions are add-ons just like what other games consider as dlc.

They show up in the store alongside the game

They are limited to the specific Xbox live owner and cannot be shared just like crown dlc
    Also just like the gold edition digital game add-on in the Xbox store today.

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on March 2, 2017 1:02AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DLC does not show up in the Xbox Live store. You can purchase crowns in the store to be used in the game to then purchase DLC.

However when attached to the base game as a bundle, DLC are listed under that bundle.

Morrowind does show up, but it is an Expansion.
    Edited by brandonv516 on March 2, 2017 1:06AM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DLC does not show up in the Xbox Live store. You can purchase crowns in the store to be used in the game to then purchase DLC.

However when attached to the base game as a bundle, DLC are listed under that bundle.

@brandonv516

Actually the Morrowind expansion shows as an add-on to the game as well as the gold edition digital version now which shows the dlc as one add-on for all four

There are other ads-on content like Imperial edition, the Skyrim add-on that unlocks a costume and mount.
    Basically it will depend on the choice of purchase
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on March 2, 2017 1:10AM
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like every other expansion? From what I've seen Morrowind won't be in the crown store, it will be sold in the xbox live store and as a physical copy.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@brandonv516

Actually the Morrowind expansion shows as an add-on to the game as well as the gold edition digital version now which shows the dlc as one add-on for all four

There are other ads-on content like Imperial edition, the Skyrim add-on that unlocks a costume and mount.

Understandable. The DLC, costumes, mounts all bind to the gamertag but the base game is still shareable.

Because Morrowind will be an Expansion (not DLC) , this is the only reason I'm questioning this.

Is there anything official posted yet?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@brandonv516

Understandable. The DLC, costumes, mounts all bind to the gamertag but the base game is still shareable.

Because Morrowind will be an Expansion (not DLC) , this is the only reason I'm questioning this.

Is there anything official posted yet?

Official from Xbox or ZOS?

It's on the Xbox store now.....as such it has to follow the Xbox store rules. DLC is limited to the profile.
    The only way around that is if ZOS sales a disc with drm for the base game a Morrowind so that would be a disc share but no different than the gold edition today

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/Search?q=Elder+scrolls+online
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on March 2, 2017 1:24AM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/store/p/The-Elder-Scrolls-Online:-Morrowind-Pre-Order/BV0HWDTT48CS

I saw this posted at the bottom:
    Install on your home Xbox One console plus have access when you’re connected to your Microsoft account.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/store/p/The-Elder-Scrolls-Online:-Morrowind-Pre-Order/BV0HWDTT48CS

I saw this posted at the bottom:
    Install on your home Xbox One console plus have access when you’re connected to your Microsoft account.

Yep it suggests it's a code. It's how Destiny reads so I got the last expansion physical copy but it was the original base game disc and a paper inside with a code for the dlc.
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They are limited to the specific Xbox live owner and cannot be shared just like crown dlc

This will be different from what dlc are. If it shows up in the xbox live store it may be able to be shared. I know in some other games I am able to share dlc with 1 of my friends. If it works anything like other dlc from other games then it will be shareable.

Like with destiny, I purchased the expansions and my cousins account is linked so he gets it for free.
    Edited by alexkdd99 on March 2, 2017 2:07AM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alexkdd99 wrote: »

This will be different from what dlc are. If it shows up in the xbox live store it may be able to be shared. I know in some other games I am able to share dlc with 1 of my friends. If it works anything like other dlc from other games then it will be shareable.

@alexkdd99

It's different than what ZOS talks about but in the Xbox One store, it's been that way since launch. My add-ons have been, explorers, imperial edition, and they've added more as time has passed but I got a case it was believed to only be under the crown store but that's actually not 100% valid.