Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO: Morrowind Early Access Event for PC/Mac Physical Collector’s Edition

• Tendrielle
    Tendrielle
    ✭✭✭
    If you have the digital collector's edition, can you still change it to the physical one?
    Edit says: just realized, that there is another thread saying you have access with the digital upgrade as well. :-)
    Edited by Tendrielle on May 10, 2017 5:39PM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blame Microsoft and Sony, NOT ZOS:
    Due to the time needed for certification of the PlayStation and Xbox One ESO: Morrowind clients, we are not able to offer early access for our console players. We look forward to seeing you on June 6!
    Edited by Rickter on May 10, 2017 5:37PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    Due to the time needed for certification of the PlayStation and Xbox One ESO: Morrowind clients, we are not able to offer early access for our console players. We look forward to seeing you on June 6!

Exactly. It was expected that they would be going to certification right around May 22 since the console companies need their playtime before they will let anyone else play with it.

ZOS really has two choices. They can release PC/Mac early, when the the update is released for certification, or hold the PC/Mac update and do a simultaneous release. In either case, the PC/Mac version is 2 weeks ahead of the console version, as far as fixes and updates are concerned.

By releasing it early, they are basically moving PTS to Live and all the PC/Mac people get to do the final 2 weeks of PTS testing. Then they can fix stuff, submit for certification, and release a new console patch in mid to late June.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Submitted, hopefully I did it right.

Yay! I did it right. Got confirmation email already.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nvm looked at the note
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on May 10, 2017 6:32PM
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today, we announced the ESO: Morrowind early access event beginning on May 22. If you are an existing ESO player who has pre-ordered or pre-purchased the physical ESO: Morrowind Collector’s Edition for PC/Mac, you will be able to join the early access event by following a few simple steps. We encourage you to go through these steps starting today to ensure you have access on May 22.
    1. Visit the ESO Support Portal and log in.
    2. Once logged into the ESO Support Portal, fill out the Early Access entry form. You will need to provide proof of pre-order or pre-purchase for your physical PC/Mac ESO: Morrowind Collector’s Edition.

Done.

EDIT: Wow that was fast. Just checked my email, confirmed 35 minutes after submission.
    Edited by tinythinker on May 10, 2017 11:41PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PapaSlatch wrote: »
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Yeah, but not as much.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Funny how this got me excited and tempted me to pre-order. Then I remembered I wasn't planning on buying the Morrowind DLC for a while, so what difference would 2 weeks make?

I guess console players can be happy the don't get nerfs early! (Not that I care about the "nerfs").
  • Esmaralda
    Esmaralda
    ✭✭
    So I ordered the CE Box from Amazon. They don't charge until it ships. When will I be charged for the game if I do the early access?
    ♥♥♥ Ezmaralda, Vampire of Morrowind ♥♥♥
  • Shamus44
    Shamus44
    ✭✭
    If I purchased the game through Steam and if I pre-order Morrowind through Steam will that count? Right now, the early access is not mentioned in Steam store.

Thank you.
  • Amarinth
    Amarinth
    ✭✭
    Esmaralda wrote: »
    So I ordered the CE Box from Amazon. They don't charge until it ships. When will I be charged for the game if I do the early access?

You shouldn't be charged any differently than you normally would. Amazon will still dispatch the game around the launch period as they normally would and that's the point at which they'll bill you.

The Early Access registration form is simply a way for you to show Zenimax that you've preordered the game, but that you won't be able to get a hold of your Morrowind game key until the 6th of June, because you've ordered a physical copy. If they accept your application, you'll be let into the early access period on good faith and ZOS will let you play until launch & upto 72 hours afterwards, at which point you'll need to add your Morrowind retail key to continue:
    Please note that if you do not apply the code included with your physical PC/Mac ESO: Morrowind Collector's Edition within two days of launch, we will send an email alerting you that you will lose access to ESO: Morrowind content within 24 hours. So be sure to apply the code as soon as you pick up your copy!

PS: The 72 hours after launch is what's known as a "grace period" to allow for people's copies to arrive in the mail. If you haven't received your copy by June 9th, don't panic! You can still play ESO after that, but you'll temporarily lose access to any Morrowind-exclusive content until your retail copy arrives, at which point you can add your game key and pick up where you left off. :)
    Edited by Amarinth on May 11, 2017 12:35AM
  • Esmaralda
    Esmaralda
    ✭✭
    Thank you Amarinth! <3<3<3
    ♥♥♥ Ezmaralda, Vampire of Morrowind ♥♥♥
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The base game will also be going live for PC players on 5/22.

RIP all people who was thinking "Hmm I have 1 month left to farm vMA on easy mode . Chill I have time" :smiley:
  • Dareena
    Dareena
    ✭✭
    Okay guys, so I pre-ordered Collector’s Edition on Amazon and it's not even dispatched or charged yet.
    Thing is I'm in Russia and I had to buy the game via German Amazon (because no sellers in Russia – as always – and also because all game copies on Amazon US were already sold).
    Now the problem: Amazon shows delivery date as 16-24 June for me. Basing on my experience with such kind of deliveries it's actually means early July or even mid-July ><
    85004454.png

So I can sign up for an early access but I'm not able to apply the code on 6th June because it will take additional 2-4 weeks for me to get my copy of the game :'(
    Please say if there another solution except of buying another, digital copy of Morrowind?
    I can't actually believe that after spending 100+ euro on the game I will be not able to play it for about a month after the release date :'(
    "We are the Orsimer, nobody's awesomer!" © Dan Bull
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worked like a charm for me, really fast turnaround - I'm thrilled!
    Thanks to the support people who I'm sure have their hands full right now.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yep, me too. It would be nice to get some kind of verification email, something along the lines of "Congratulations! We have reviewed and accepted your application for Morrowind early access. See you on May 22nd!" Waiting until May 22nd only to find out something went wrong would probably light a fire :)@ZOS_GinaBruno will we be receiving some kind of verification or change in our account status to show we have early access before the 22nd?

Edited by Ashtaris on May 11, 2017 6:25PM
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »

Yep, me too. It would be nice to get some kind of verification email, something along the lines of "Congratulations! We have reviewed and accepted your application for Morrowind early access. See you on May 22nd!" Waiting until May 22nd only to find out something went wrong would probably light a fire :)

You will, I got mine an hour or two after I sent in the form.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yep, me too. It would be nice to get some kind of verification email, something along the lines of "Congratulations! We have reviewed and accepted your application for Morrowind early access. See you on May 22nd!" Waiting until May 22nd only to find out something went wrong would probably light a fire :)

OK, then obviously something went wrong with my application as I have received no such email. Not sure why, and yes, I did check my spam folder :) The picture of the receipt was completely legible and I wrote my user name on it, attached it to the form, and received a ticket number when it was submitted. Guess I'll just try it again.
    Edited by Ashtaris on May 11, 2017 10:05PM
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

OK, then obviously something went wrong with my application as I have received no such email. Not sure why, and yes, I did check my spam folder :) The picture of the receipt was completely legible and I wrote my user name on it, attached it to the form, and received a ticket number when it was submitted. Guess I'll just try it again.

just follow up with the same support ticket number so they can push along your original. Creating more tickets for them the sort through doesnt help
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly. It was expected that they would be going to certification right around May 22 since the console companies need their playtime before they will let anyone else play with it.

ZOS really has two choices. They can release PC/Mac early, when the the update is released for certification, or hold the PC/Mac update and do a simultaneous release. In either case, the PC/Mac version is 2 weeks ahead of the console version, as far as fixes and updates are concerned.

By releasing it early, they are basically moving PTS to Live and all the PC/Mac people get to do the final 2 weeks of PTS testing. Then they can fix stuff, submit for certification, and release a new console patch in mid to late June.

Neither of you have any idea what you're talking about. Xbox cert literally can take less than a day so it's not blame Xbox or Sony, it's blame ZeniMax for choosing not to submit for cert in order to offer all platforms the same bonus.

It was a choice not due to any console....they decided to wait until the last minute again, similar to the times when PS4 got updates a day or two later or when they decided to take servers down during a known Xbox live outage and the game was offline for almost an entire day.

It's the developers fault. They don't plan ahead, they just throw stuff on a wall and seem to not care if anything sticks.

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither of you have any idea what you're talking about. Xbox cert literally can take less than a day so it's not blame Xbox or Sony, it's blame ZeniMax for choosing not to submit for cert in order to offer all platforms the same bonus.

Perhaps Microsoft can turn it around in a day, but maybe that requires a special arrangement, much money exchanging hands, and other favor that ZOS has not purchased from Microsoft. Perhaps what you have experienced is an illusion, and there were many more days of prep behind the scenes that you were not aware of.

In any case, ZOS has said that it takes a variable amount of time to certify consoles, for which they allow 2 weeks. I do believe them more than I believe you, as much as I would like to believe you. Why? Because there is really no advantage for ZOS to wait 2 weeks, unless there were some contractual reason. They don't want to sit on this any more than you want to wait.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It was a choice not due to any console....they decided to wait until the last minute again, similar to the times when PS4 got updates a day or two later or when they decided to take servers down during a known Xbox live outage and the game was offline for almost an entire day.

It's the developers fault. They don't plan ahead, they just throw stuff on a wall and seem to not care if anything sticks.

ZOS does plan ahead, that's why they have a 2 week buffer between submitting the patch for certification and it going live. This way, if BOTH or EITHER of the console versions certifications get rejected for any reason, they have time to fix and resubmit for certification again. There is zero reason to hold back the PC version just because console needs an extra step before it can have a new patch.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Id also like an answer to this question. My Amazon order page states I wont get the physical copy until June 12-13. I have Amazon Prime so I think it will come earlier, but still might be past the 48 hour limit. If I make characters on May 22, and I cant apply my code until June 12, they will get wiped and any progress on current characters will get wiped. Any way we can get some adjustment for this? Otherwise there is no point in early access.

Dareena wrote: »
    Okay guys, so I pre-ordered Collector’s Edition on Amazon and it's not even dispatched or charged yet.
    Thing is I'm in Russia and I had to buy the game via German Amazon (because no sellers in Russia – as always – and also because all game copies on Amazon US were already sold).
    Now the problem: Amazon shows delivery date as 16-24 June for me. Basing on my experience with such kind of deliveries it's actually means early July or even mid-July ><
    85004454.png

So I can sign up for an early access but I'm not able to apply the code on 6th June because it will take additional 2-4 weeks for me to get my copy of the game :'(
    Please say if there another solution except of buying another, digital copy of Morrowind?
    I can't actually believe that after spending 100+ euro on the game I will be not able to play it for about a month after the release date :'(
    Edited by Katahdin on May 12, 2017 6:01PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • InsidiousAngel
    InsidiousAngel
    Soul Shriven
    So, I saw someone post regarding Steam version of the upgrade. I would also like to get an official statement if Steam will be getting Early Access. I haven't pre-ordered yet, so if its not, I'll just pre-order direct and use their client.
  • Dareena
    Dareena
    ✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    If I make characters on May 22, and I cant apply my code until June 12, they will get wiped and any progress on current characters will get wiped.
    @Katahdin I wrote to ZOS support team and that's what they did answered:
    "This will work like the DLC. Two days after launch, you will lose access to the content if you do not apply your game code. However, all of your progress and other information relating to Morrowind will be saved and accessible once more when you get your game!
    If you make a Warden, it will work the same as above. You can play the Warden until access is taken away. Once it is, your Warden will still be on your account and intact, however you will not be able to log back into this character until you receive your copy of the game. They will not be deleted."

Still I have to wait a month for my physical copy to arrive before I can play and there's no solution for this except of buying a digital copy :( But I already spent 110 euro on a physical one and it bugs me to pay more, especially when I realize I'm actually paying to get my Templar nerfed :(
    "We are the Orsimer, nobody's awesomer!" © Dan Bull
  • Shamus44
    Shamus44
    ✭✭
    So, I saw someone post regarding Steam version of the upgrade. I would also like to get an official statement if Steam will be getting Early Access. I haven't pre-ordered yet, so if its not, I'll just pre-order direct and use their client.

Check this out: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4114913/#Comment_4114913
  • Seregolas
    Seregolas
    hey there! around the release date or to be more specific around the date of delivery mentioned by amazon, I will be traveling and won't be able to "enter" my CE key. What happens to my progress that I've achieved during the early access? Does it get wiped? or can I continue once I've registered my CE code?
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shamus44 wrote: »
    If I purchased the game through Steam and if I pre-order Morrowind through Steam will that count? Right now, the early access is not mentioned in Steam store.

Thank you.

Just repeating this. I have the same question.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steam doesn't seem to know either. I wrote to Support and asked. I got this rather anodyne response from them:

"The release date is determined by the region where you are physically located and is not tied to the version of the game you purchased. The publisher or developer of the title determines the release date for their games.

Please refer to the Steam Storepage for this title to determine the release date in your region."

Perhaps everyone who pre-ordered through Steam should write to Support. If they get enough mail, they might go find out.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Does this also mean that the Wild Hunt crates will be replaced with the Dwemer ones on the 22nd?
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath