The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO: Morrowind Early Access Details"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
c3c0e3f94749665bfb61768fd6a00d31.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO: Morrowind Early Access Details. We're happy to announce that PC and Mac players who purchase the Digital Upgrade version of ESO: Morrowind will have the option to begin their adventures in Vvardenfell a little early on Monday, May 22! Check out the article for the full details.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    does it mean that since May22 there will be no more changes on pts, i.e. all changes(class, etc.) solidifed before eary access starts?
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm 99% sure this means that all the base game changes that we all love and highly anticipate will land in our eager hands on the 22nd.

:trollface:
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Cinbri wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    does it mean that since May22 there will be no more changes on pts, i.e. all changes(class, etc.) solidifed before eary access starts?

We will not be updating the PTS once Early Access begins; next week will be the last patch. That said, we may make additional tweaks before Morrowind's launch in June.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Does this mean that Base Game Patch with all balance changes will be delivered to Live server on May 22?

Or May 22 Maintenance will just add Morrowind zone and Warden for early-access while separate maintenance, when game officially launches in June, will add the Base Game Patch content with balance changes?
    Edited by Rinmaethodain on May 10, 2017 3:28PM
    Options
  • deleted201022-005645
    code65536 wrote: »
    I'm 99% sure this means that all the base game changes that we all love and highly anticipate will land in our eager hands on the 22nd.

:trollface:

I hope not.... I don't want an additional 2 weeks cut off from what time I have left to enjoy the game.

Why even bother with a 6 June release if "early access" pushes the effective launch date forward? Seems like a cheap tactic.
    Options
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So PC gets Morrowind 2 weeks before console? Like every other patch...
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know ZOS has done a great job with the balance changes when there is a sizeable population who would view this early release as bad news. It's really striking how Morrowind has gone from something so eagerly hyped and anticipated to something that so many people in my guilds dread.

And now with the PTS feedback cycle being cut short, there goes the last of our hope that ZOS will actually listen to their players.

Less than two weeks to the Morropocalypse!
    Options
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Does this mean that Base Game Patch with all balance changes will be delivered to Live server on May 22?

Or May 22 Maintenance will just add Morrowind zone and Warden for early-access while separate maintenance, when game officially launches in June, will add the Base Game Patch content with balance changes?

This is a very good question that needs answered.

- Can we expect all the base game balance changes to go live on May 22.
    - Or will we get to play Morrowind and Warden for 2 weeks with current live sustain.
    - Or will only those who preorder get the full patch changes, meaning they get to run around nerfed for 2 weeks while everyone else still has sustain.
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see how that's possible.

We're getting the base game changes on the 22nd.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    All PC players will be getting the base game patch (Update 14) on 5/22.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a little confused, if you get early access but not your friends, would this place you in a different server from them until the launch in June?
    Options
  • Serensiel
    Serensiel
    ✭✭
    I'm a little confused, if you get early access but not your friends, would this place you in a different server from them until the launch in June?

I think it would mean that you could get access to Vvardenfell/Battlegrounds/New trials but your other friends couldn't unless they pre-ordered it before the official launch. So, it would still be on the same server but only those who pre-ordered got early access to the new content.
    And I think the patch on May 22th will be for all players.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It'll be no different than playing with friends who haven't unlocked certain DLC content.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, translation:

Morrowind is launching on May 22 for PC, June 6 for Console, but we're gonna call it June 6 for both platforms for marketing purposes and rename the May 22 PC launch to "Early Access".

Every release has PC coming first because of extra hurdles on console, and before this announcement, I was wondering how ZOS would get around that usual limitation. Now we know. It's the same as always, just with marketing gymnastics.

What annoys me is that this means that we'll get two fewer weeks to enjoy the current fast-paced feel of combat before the new so-called "balance" changes.
    Options
  • LilyReaper
    LilyReaper
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Regarding the Early access application form..
    I made my purchase online and have a "receipt email". Do I really have to print out the email and write my username on it, and then scan it and attach it to this application form?
    Isn't there an easier way for me to apply, than having to do all this?
    Edited by LilyReaper on May 10, 2017 3:57PM
    LilyReaper - PC EU Server
    Veteran of The Reapers Guild

"You sleep pretty soundly for a murderer. That's good. You'll need a clear conscience for what I'm about to propose" - Lucien Lachance

AD Lily Imperial StamBlade DPS / Master Crafter
    DC Kronos Dunmer MagPlar DPS
    AD Lil'Bo Bosmer StamWarden DPS
    EP Killua Imperial StamDK Tank
    EP Grim-Like-Reaper Argonian MagBlade DPS
    AD Illumia Altmer MagSorc DPS
    DC Shiro Breton MagPlar Healer
    AD Reaper-Claws Khajiit MagBlade DPS
    EP Calypto Dunmer MagWarden DPS
    Options
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hooray! I can start leveling my Warden's riding speed, which means I'll be able to start playing him in June instead of July. ;)

Will all of our CE extras be available on May 22?
    Options
  • Thal_J
    Thal_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I take it that the Beta NDA is lifted on the 22nd May, then?
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Correct.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Correct.

Sigh.. so much pressure..
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

We will not be updating the PTS once Early Access begins; next week will be the last patch. That said, we may make additional tweaks before Morrowind's launch in June.

Did you guys already take the player snapshot for next week NA PTS?
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have the
    "THE ELDER SCROLLS® ONLINE: MORROWIND® DIGITAL COLLECTOR'S EDITION" PC
    so i do not need to do anything to get early access.
    correct ?
    Options
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oompuh wrote: »
    So PC gets Morrowind 2 weeks before console? Like every other patch...

Yep again seems consoles are the black sheep of the family
    Options
  • Thal_J
    Thal_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    @dwemer_paleologist
    i have the
    correct ?

edit: only if you have upgrade edition, thanks Gina

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38575/kw/early access
    Edited by Thal_J on May 10, 2017 4:28PM
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So... Basically we only got 1 month to test the patch with the biggest changes and the largest area content ?... That's... A bit odd IMHO ^^
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @dwemer_paleologist
    i have the
    correct ?

yes, that seems to be correct

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38575/kw/early access

As long as you have the Upgrade version.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no. I want my last 2 weeks of fun gameplay please!
    PC-NA
    Options
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion there is enough stuff to fix instead of bring it to live
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet! I have some days in June before launch booked off because of a games con and my birthday, know what I'll be doing on those days off when not otherwise busy!
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO: Morrowind Early Access Details. We're happy to announce that PC and Mac players who purchase the Digital Upgrade version of ESO: Morrowind will have the option to begin their adventures in Vvardenfell a little early on Monday, May 22! Check out the article for the full details.

Good luck getting any resemblance of class balance before that! You better step up your game. Fast!
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
    Options
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sebban wrote: »

Good luck getting any resemblance of class balance before that! You better step up your game. Fast!

I don't think larger changes are planned for the last pts week so I think we the current pts is more or less what we will get
    Options
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    On monday EU chars will stay then or NA copy again?
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
    Options