Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO: Morrowind Early Access Event for PC/Mac Physical Collector’s Edition

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Today, we announced the ESO: Morrowind early access event beginning on May 22. If you are an existing ESO player who has pre-ordered or pre-purchased the physical ESO: Morrowind Collector’s Edition for PC/Mac, you will be able to join the early access event by following a few simple steps. We encourage you to go through these steps starting today to ensure you have access on May 22.
  1. Visit the ESO Support Portal and log in.
  2. Once logged into the ESO Support Portal, fill out the Early Access entry form. You will need to provide proof of pre-order or pre-purchase for your physical PC/Mac ESO: Morrowind Collector’s Edition.
  3. Our Support team will grant your account access to ESO: Morrowind, allowing you to join the early access event starting on May 22.
  4. On launch day, when you receive your physical PC/Mac ESO: Morrowind Collector’s Edition, you will need to enter the included code to get your Digital Collector’s Edition items and pre-order rewards (the Discovery Pack.)
  5. If you do not apply the code included with your physical PC/Mac ESO: Morrowind Collector’s Edition within two days of launch, we will send an email alerting you that you will lose access to the ESO: Morrowind content within 24 hours. So please apply the code when you pick up your physical PC/Mac ESO: Morrowind Collector’s Edition!
If you have additional questions, please see our Support Portal knowledge base for details.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm gonna be that person and scream

why no console :(
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna be that person and scream

why no console :(

Read the article in the OP
    Due to the time needed for certification of the PlayStation and Xbox One ESO: Morrowind clients, we are not able to offer early access for our console players. We look forward to seeing you on June 6!
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    smh

Sorry but I can't imagine this was a spur of a moment thing. They could of idk planned to get the certification done before this happens.
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is great news, I forgot about the early access. Will apply now
    Edited by rosendoichinoveb17_ESO on May 10, 2017 3:16PM
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smh

Sorry but I can't imagine this was a spur of a moment thing. They could of idk planned to get the certification done before this happens.

which means they would have to have it ready earlier, which in turn meant they could have released it even earlier for pc and have a shorter pts window....
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YYYYEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

This means no NDA right?!?

RIP. I only put a deposit because that's the only way I could do it. This sucks. Hype dead. Looks like they scrapped the paid in full part!
    Edited by MissBizz on May 10, 2017 5:16PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!

So a pdf copy of the confirmation email re pre-order collectors edition will work? Can't really go through the steps right now.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    MissBizz wrote: »
    YYYYEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Once Early Access begins, the NDA will be lifted. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Submitted, hopefully I did it right.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    smh

They cannot begin certification until they have the final game code in place that will be going to Sony/Microsoft. With patches and changes still going into PTS, that final code does not exist. Certification is not just some mindless, bureaucratic, red-tape paperwork required by Sony/MS. Sony/MS actually scan and investigate code for viruses, trojan horses, loopholes, etc. If Morrowind code has some backdoor in it to let people steal console gamer credit card numbers, Sony/MS are gonna take the heat for that. So they cannot pre-certify for fear that unscrupulous developers will pre-certify a clean version, then add malicious code after that and send it to console live servers.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    @ZOS_GinaBruno the article will confuse and trigger a lot of people.

In the first paragraph you only mention DIGITAL edition, so all those phyiscal dudes gonna get triggered and prolly will not read any further lol

Ye I know it says that physical copie boys also get access, but it should be mentioned at the start along with the digital edition
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does this mean all base game sustain nerfs go live on May 22, or are just those who pre-ordered getting nerfed two weeks early?
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • Serensiel
    Serensiel
    ✭✭
    regarding steam players? do we have to attach the photo screenshot for it to be basis of proof?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The base game will also be going live for PC players on 5/22.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    There are online stores that sell Morrowind Digital Upgrade (non-collector, non-physical) and also hold registration key until release date in June.
    Do those players (who bought only Morrowind Digital Upgrade but wont get their key until June) will be given early-access after using the form?
  • doublestuffed
    doublestuffed
    ✭✭✭
    How many bugs should I be expecting with this release? This is something that will make me consider preordering.
    Cranking The Hog - Mag NB AD NA PC
    Baby Sauce - Temp AD NA PC
    Hysterical Paroxysm - Stam Sorc AD NA PC
    Krotch -Krickets - Stam DK EP NA PC
    Red Fingerpaint - Magsorc EP NA PC
    Warm Regards - Stamplar EP NA PC
  • anfmofo
    anfmofo
    ✭✭✭
    So if you ordered online and only have a digital invoice, how can you sign it ?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    There are online stores that sell Morrowind Digital Upgrade (non-collector, non-physical) and also hold registration key until release date in June.
    Do those players (who bought only Morrowind Digital Upgrade but wont get their key until June) will be given early-access after using the form?

No, this form is only for Physical CEs.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have the
    "THE ELDER SCROLLS® ONLINE: MORROWIND® DIGITAL COLLECTOR'S EDITION" PC
    so i do not need to do anything to get early access.
    correct ?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have the
    "THE ELDER SCROLLS® ONLINE: MORROWIND® DIGITAL COLLECTOR'S EDITION" PC
    so i do not need to do anything to get early access.
    correct ?

@dwemer_paleologist Correct.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YYYYEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

RIP. I only put a deposit because that's the only way I could do it. This sucks. Hype dead.

If I interpret this correctly it sounds like this will apply to me as well.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »
    YYYYEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

RIP. I only put a deposit because that's the only way I could do it. This sucks. Hype dead.

If I interpret this correctly it sounds like this will apply to me as well.

@Rouven Yeah I noticed on the one page it says the receipt must indicate it's paid in full. EB Games here only allowed me to put down a deposit since I chose in store pickup. I'm currently debating ways of getting around this, but it's a bit harder because I don't know if the code is all-in-one or not. I may need to purchase the digital collectors upgrade and then.. *ehem* give away the code from my collectors edition.
  • PapaSlatch
    PapaSlatch
    ✭✭
    #ConsoleLivesMatter
    Morgan LeFey - V16 Sorc - AD
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anfmofo wrote: »

What I did was a printed my invoice, took a sharpie marker and signed very clearly on my printed invoice, then I scanned the signed invoice to my computer. If you don't have a document scanner I am not sure what you can do.
    Edited by Rygonix on May 10, 2017 4:38PM
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
  • Jah_Shaka
    Jah_Shaka
    ✭✭
    Kerioko wrote: »
    Does this mean all base game sustain nerfs go live on May 22, or are just those who pre-ordered getting nerfed two weeks early?

This immediately sprung to my mind also and I can only imagine the answer is yes.

Maybe Gina will confirm ?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rygonix wrote: »
    anfmofo wrote: »

What I did was a printed my invoice, took a sharpie marker and signed very clearly on my printed invoice, then I scanned the signed invoice to my computer. If you don't have a document scanner I am not sure what you can do.

Take a picture with your phone!
  • Audens
    Audens
    ✭✭✭
    So I bought my copy on Amazon, I assume a physically printed and signed receipt is required to apply for early access via the form?
    unban my first account thanks
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am guessing it is covered, but just making sure. Steam orders with linked accounts won't need to contact support?
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a Console player I just feel the need to say that being a console peasant sucks. :'(
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • PapaSlatch
    PapaSlatch
    ✭✭
    If you're gonna continue to treat console like the red headed step child, that's fine. Let me just say, if you never plan to do anything else ever for console, at least fix the trials. 3 months of lost progression in vMoL on Xbox is unacceptable.
    Edited by PapaSlatch on May 10, 2017 4:59PM
    Morgan LeFey - V16 Sorc - AD