Maintenance for the week of June 10:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 10

ZOS, please explain new punish system(307) for non-combat leveleing

• Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like I just woke up in an alternate universe.....
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
    Options
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i will play the game as i want to play, until it is not against official rulers

By being AFK, you're not playing at all. That's the entire point of why you're getting disconnected.

"You agree not to use any hardware or software or any other method of support that is not authorized by ZeniMax or that may in any way influence or advantage Your playing abilities, or influence or advantage Your use of the Services."

Pay attention to where it states or any other method of support that is not authorized by Zenimax.

You having your friend run around and kill things while you're AFK goes against both the spirit of the game and the spirit of the rules. Zenimax has final say over this, because they specifically say that if they did not authorize the method of support, it is against Terms of Service.

You can bet that is how they will interpret it too. I'd advise you stop defending bot-like behavior and just take this as a lesson learned.
    PC-NA Goat
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    I'm curious why ZOS do not inform their customers about adding script/feature like this. Simple in game pop up window with information about adding new anti bot/afk/whatever system would help players understand the reason why they are getting booted out. But now we'll have dozens of threads about this because people simply don't know what's going on.

Lack of communication as always. And as always everytime they try to fight with bots, regular players are getting hurt.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Why would they tell you what they are doing on the backend to fight bots, so the bot program makers can program around that?

Also this doesn't hurt regular players.
    This, its only an issue if in large grinding group like the Alkir dolmen run and go AfK.
    However as I understand it don't affect rubberbanding.
    Time is so long you can take an smoke or a sandwich while grouped and somebody kills some critter.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I found one. There is indeed a ruler against afking.
    1gXA4Pu.png
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Options
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    i tested it with many friends and im 100% sure now
    different hardware, differenp ISP and regions

this Script Zenimax added 2 days ago

1) so you are in party, getting exp, but not touching any mobs at all(no damage)
    - staying on one place, looking into your inventory, inspecting skills or sorting sets with NPC banker, jumping time to time or roaming around in combat/non-combat mode
    2) while your party-members, who killing mobs around you, are always okay, you will be BOOTED from the server (error 307) exactly in 20 minutes, and next 5 minutes you will be unable to login into the game

Gina, please tell us, its new system to fight dolmen bots?
    but you understand its also punishment for honest players??
    please review it, im beggin you....

its not against ToS, leveling like this, without any automation actions and 3rd party soft, right?
    so why we are punished for that?

i need some clarification fro @ZOS_GinaBruno
    or someone else
    if this against the rulers, i will not do it
    you planning to flag/ban us later for more than 5 minutes, or what?
    i wont violate any part of rulers thats why im asking
    but i read them all and dont see any vilations here

I'm curious why ZOS do not inform their customers about adding script/feature like this. Simple in game pop up window with information about adding new anti bot/afk/whatever system would help players understand the reason why they are getting booted out. But now we'll have dozens of threads about this because people simply don't know what's going on.

Lack of communication as always. And as always everytime they try to fight with bots, regular players are getting hurt.

Its actually against the ToS, and they have said it before. Playing means actively participating in the game and current place you are in. Going afk in the open world is no problem, but inside a group-dungeon is actually a form or harrassing the 3 other members of the group.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
    Options
  • tradewith2017
    Its actually against the ToS, and they have said it before. Playing means actively participating in the game and current place you are in. Going afk in the open world is no problem, but inside a group-dungeon is actually a form or harrassing the 3 other members of the group.

lul?
    its not against rulers
    its not in dungeon group
    Edited by tradewith2017 on May 6, 2017 7:18AM
    Options
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lul?
    its not against rulers
    its not in dungeon group

It's against rules. I explained why in my post above. You're not playing the game but you're reaping the benefit of it.

In layman's terms, you're cheating. You're a cheater. Get used to more punishments since you obviously are oblivious to that fact.
    PC-NA Goat
    Options
  • tradewith2017
    while im in a queue to getting official answer, i will try to find solution to bypass this booting

may be will kill one mob per 10 minutes
    will test more!
    Options
  • tradewith2017
    Phage wrote: »

lul?
    its not against rulers
    its not in dungeon group

It's against rules. I explained why in my post above. You're not playing the game but you're reaping the benefit of it.

In layman's terms, you're cheating. You're a cheater. Get used to more punishments since you obviously are oblivious to that fact.

nice bite
    but i will not take it
    you are ignored now, sorry

but if you serious, you need to go and re-read rulers again
    Options
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @BigBragg

man stop trolling and google what automation is - no human action involved!
    and quote me the rulers you found, lol :D
    were you going out and gaining the exp yourself?
    were you actually killing or even ASSISTING?
    no?
    then you were afk lvling.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

Options
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice bite
    but i will not take it
    you are ignored now, sorry

but if you serious, you need to go and re-read rulers again

I am without a doubt, positively, unequivocally, unambiguously, absolutely, undeniably, explicitly, unmistakably, indisputably, categorically and distinctly 100% serious.

If you seriously can't see what you're doing wrong, you need to reexamine your privilege.
    PC-NA Goat
    Options
  • tradewith2017
    dsalter wrote: »
    @BigBragg

no?

no, im not away from keyboard
    and again its not against rulers
    im too bored to repeat it dosen times
    Options
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's been a thread before about a guy who raged at getting banned for leveling at a dolmen while reading a book and holding his finger down the light/heavy attack key. While technically he wasn't using any means to automate the process he managed to not even notice a GM contacting him in game and got banned.

I'm feeling a grasp on the thin psychic energies swirling around me, they're trying to tell me the future - this thread is gonna get deleted and you're gonna either get a pm telling you it's wrong or a flat-out ban. Judging by your attitude, I hope it's the latter actually.

What's up with all of these people lately, gee?
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me while mule hopping.

I doubt it's to fix non-combat leveling.
    Options
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats honest about leveling while afk?

its not against rulers

i_am_your_ruler_by_liol.jpg
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never seen a more amazing example of someone losing a fight who's convinced he's winning.

You're not getting trolled, OP. You're just wrong. Spectacularly wrong. Like, it's-not-really-credible-that-you-believe-this-it's-so-wrong wrong.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has already shown their stance on this. Any time you are gaining xp with no human actions working towards that xp gain, it is against the rules.

You are clearly against the rules. Be grateful its a simply kick/timeout and not a temp ban.

again, show me the part of the rulers its violate
    when i asking this everyone prefer to ignore

i_am_your_ruler_by_liol.jpg
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
    Options
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »
    I hope they ban you after reading your comments in the thread

This^
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
    Options
  • tradewith2017
    hope died last, my little trolls!
    Options
  • Delta1038
    Delta1038
    ✭✭✭
    Personally this news makes me happy, people who are afk to farm xp or whatever in games drive me crazy. They can try to defend it however they want but they aren't playing, and they are the kinds of people who I have no respect for because they didn't earn their level at all. So thank you ZOS, I genuinely am glad to hear about this change.
    Xbox One NA
    Options
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hope died last, my little trolls!
    ab38e597e4332697f5e1f5b42b9e80e7_mrw-i-see-an-obvious-troll-by-someordinaryguy-meme-center-obvious-troll-meme_500-375.jpeg

EAT-THE-TROLL.png

And I'm out. There's only so many shenanigans a man can take.
    PC-NA Goat
    Options
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @BigBragg

no?

no, im not away from keyboard
    and again its not against rulers
    im too bored to repeat it dosen times

did i say you were away? no? stop trying to twist things.
    you were not actively killing the enemies, you were NOT directly contributing, you ARE sitting there while someone else does the work.
    just because your doing stuff does not mean you are not "AFK grinding" because you are. but rather than being away from keyboard your away from kombat (see what i did there?).
    you were gaining exp without any direct input towards it. THAT is against the TOS and if that doesnt get through your skull your aiming to troll.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

Options
  • tradewith2017
    you were gaining exp without any direct input towards it. THAT is against the TOS
    its new TOS from your imagination?
    nice try

Options
  • elantaura
    elantaura
    ✭✭✭✭
    From the terms of service:

You agree not to use any hardware or software or any other method of support that is not authorized by ZeniMax or that may in any way influence or advantage Your playing abilities, or influence or advantage Your use of the Services. Third party tools, the use of "bots", "speed hacks", "deep-link", "page-scrape", "robot", "spider", algorithms or other programs that copy or monitor any part of the Services (including, but not limited to, the Game(s) and/or forums), software that transmits, manipulates, or distributes (including, but are limited to, "mirroring") the data stream or any aspect of the Services to another computer, server websites or other publication or distribution media, or software that permits You to use Services without human input are examples of methods not authorized by ZeniMax.

Now they can not list ever possibility but I feel the "advantage" the " not limited too" and "without human input" aspects are important
    PS4 EU 1200+ cp - I enjoy RP, Housing, PVE and PVP

Options
  • tradewith2017
    yeah i guess they need expand that list with "Away from combat" stuff
    if they implemeting such booting system
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is the solution to Dolmen bots the I once again applaud ZOS for taking a lazy and backwards response to the issue.

Maybe just streamline the bot report and GM team?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Delta1038
    Delta1038
    ✭✭✭
    Also there is a simple point here to keep in mind, ZOS already made their stance clear as they made this design change intentionally to stop exploiting and afk crap. And as should be plain by now, the overwhelming majority disagrees with the OP. So you will have to stop/adapt or just deal with being kicked a bunch.
    Xbox One NA
    Options
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    elantaura wrote: »
    From the terms of service:

You agree not to use any hardware or software or any other method of support that is not authorized by ZeniMax or that may in any way influence or advantage Your playing abilities, or influence or advantage Your use of the Services. Third party tools, the use of "bots", "speed hacks", "deep-link", "page-scrape", "robot", "spider", algorithms or other programs that copy or monitor any part of the Services (including, but not limited to, the Game(s) and/or forums), software that transmits, manipulates, or distributes (including, but are limited to, "mirroring") the data stream or any aspect of the Services to another computer, server websites or other publication or distribution media, or software that permits You to use Services without human input are examples of methods not authorized by ZeniMax.

Now they can not list ever possibility but I feel the "advantage" the " not limited too" and --->"without human input"<--- aspects are important

this part right here backs up my words, thanks for beating me to it

Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or someone else

Dude, they are kicking you off the server for doing it, how much more confirmation do you need?

Options
  • tradewith2017
    Sharee wrote: »
    or someone else

Dude, they are kicking you off the server for doing it, how much more confirmation do you need?

i will wait 5 min and will try again?
    i didnt get any other messages than that kick

i need more clear confirmation
    Edited by tradewith2017 on May 6, 2017 8:19AM
    Options
This discussion has been closed.