The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS, please explain new punish system(307) for non-combat leveleing

• Etienne_et_Isabeau
    My wife and I often play together, and there are times when one of us must leave the computer to tend to the dog/dinner/life/whatever. When this happens, the other will "watch" to ensure s/he is safe. If creatures spawn near us while one of us is away from the PC, should we be punished?
    Options
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    If this is the solution to Dolmen bots the I once again applaud ZOS for taking a lazy and backwards response to the issue.

Maybe just streamline the bot report and GM team?

This seems to be more against those like OP, specifically explooiting afk leveling at the expense of their "kind" friends. Bots would be light/heavy attacking hence semi contributing to combat and not getting affected by this I'd think.

I'm honestly having a hard time to imagine an honest player getting affected by this. Sure it sometimes happens that I have to afk, for example, in a dungeon, and my teammates proceed to kill the trash up to the boss without me and I get xp for it, but in this case I'll either be back before the afk timer kicks me or I'll get kicked to login for being afk. It's also possible I'll spend 20 mins in my bag trying to figure out the right gear for a fight I suppose, but I can't imagine doing this in group scenario. If the fight requires such careful gear choice we'll likely all be sifting through our bags or waiting for the people that are at least, rather than fighting - which won't get us kicked. And if my teammates are fighting as I'm spending 20+ mins in my bag honestly I deserve a kick both to login screen and from group.

You can level without combat. Do quests that don't require killing, sneak around the enemies, run away if you get spotted. Explore. It'd be slower but it's a neat rp thing. What you can't do is level without playing. And no, being in your bag doesn't count for playing and shouldn't grant you xp lol.
    Options
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since you have identified the issue just attack a Mob every 19 minutes and otherwise have fun playing Elder Inventory Inspection And Maybe other Stuff Online. Quit bothering the mods with your childish requests.
    Options
  • CaptainBeerDude
    CaptainBeerDude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much lol in this thread.
    its almost a shame to see he's understanding that it's wrong.
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    i need some clarification fro @ZOS_GinaBruno
    or someone else
    if this against the rulers, i will not do it

Dude, they are kicking you off the server for doing it, how much more confirmation do you need?

i will wait 5 min and will try again?
    i didnt get any other messages than that kick

i need more clear confirmation

To quote you:
    i tested it with many friends and im 100% sure now

If you are 100% sure, then don't play the "i'm confused and trying to relog every 5 min" card. You are not confused, you know exactly what is happening, and the fact that this is happening is all the confirmation you need to know you are not supposed to be doing it.
    Options
  • XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We know there have been a lot of questions recently about botting, automated play, what’s a Terms of Service Violation and what isn’t, and what we’re doing to combat TOS-violating behavior. We’d like to answer some of those questions and provide insight.

Per our Terms of Service, this is the definition of botting and automated play:
    Utilizing automation for your character is a violation of our Terms of Service. This is defined as taking action on your character, without human input, to further advance your progress in the game. Which is considered botting.

this from : https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3858917#Comment_3858917

I have highlighted in bold the pertinent bit - Taking action on your character without human input - so - if you set the game running and then go watch Netflix for 6 hrs - yes, its against the rules, yes, its cheating.
    Edited by XDragonDoomX on May 6, 2017 8:25AM
    "Forums are like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea.
    massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of
    mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it. ”

(with apologies to Eugene H. Spafford, aka Spaf)

I have the power to please one person per day. Today is not your day.
    Tomorrow... Tomorrow does not look good either.

82. Victory laps after killing the dragon with my 1d2 bow is considered in poor taste.
    83. My gnome does not like big butts and he cannot lie.
    84. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying a 220lb pull crossbow.
    85. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying an industrial strength flamethrower.
    86. Not allowed to make a superhero with a 99% chance of dodging even after the -10 penalty for a successful called shot.
    87. There is no such thing as a dwarven katana.
    88. My bard does not get a bonus to perform if she is obviously not wearing anything under her tabard.
    89. The elf's name is not Legolam.
    ** Mr Glenn's Forbidden activities list**

Options
  • tradewith2017

its about non-human input and such, 3rd party things
    i already read that

nothing connected with my topic
    Edited by tradewith2017 on May 6, 2017 8:39AM
    Options
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So you are being booted for standing still while someone works for you.. That makes you afk and deserving of that kick.. Mmo games don't like you standing still.. Work for your xp
    Options
  • Delta1038
    Delta1038
    ✭✭✭
    You literally are not accepting the exact wording in front of you, according to ZOS you are cheating. You are wrong, accept it and adapt. If nothing else at this point you should realize they are not going to do anything to accomodate you in this manner and should change your methods somewhat because of it.
    Xbox One NA
    Options
  • tradewith2017
    hey guys if anyone know how to bypass it let me know
    i dont like this ZOS behaviour
    Options
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No bypassing it. Deal with it.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
    Options
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No ***? They don't like yours either
    Hi everyone,

if you set the game running and then go watch Netflix, yes, its against the rules, yes, its cheating.

Edited by Daemons_Bane on May 6, 2017 9:00AM
    Options
  • XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Taking action on your character without human input" - leeching xp to level while not controlling your character - Everything to do with your topic

82. Victory laps after killing the dragon with my 1d2 bow is considered in poor taste.
    84. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying a 220lb pull crossbow.
    85. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying an industrial strength flamethrower.
    86. Not allowed to make a superhero with a 99% chance of dodging even after the -10 penalty for a successful called shot.
    88. My bard does not get a bonus to perform if she is obviously not wearing anything under her tabard.

Options
  • Delta1038
    Delta1038
    ✭✭✭
    The best way I imagine to bypass is a bit technical, but it would involve you using the controller or mouse/keyboard and moving the character around, have your character interact with people, objects, fight enemies, things like that. I believe it is known to the hacker community as 'playing the game'.
    Xbox One NA
    Options
  • tradewith2017
    "Taking action on your character without human input" - leeching xp to level while not controlling your character - Everything to do with your topic

its game mechanics
    they need to remove getting exp if you dont damage mobs
    but not booting players

again, non-valid argument
    Options
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

its game mechanics
    but not booting players

The system boots you since you violate one of its subsystems.. Take a hint when it's presented to you
    Edited by Daemons_Bane on May 6, 2017 9:06AM
    Options
  • tradewith2017
    so they need to delete earning exp while not in combat, to prevente this mess and non-transparent booting and punish loyal customers
    Options
  • XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

its game mechanics
    but not booting players

Let me put it simply then - if you stand around, doing nothing, while others kill and you get xp - its an exploit.
    In April a whole stack of players got a 72hr ban for doing this in Cyrodiil during march for similar actions.

Options
  • tradewith2017

its game mechanics
    but not booting players

Let me put it simply then - if you stand around, doing nothing, while others kill and you get xp - its an exploit.
    In April a whole stack of players got a 72hr ban for doing this in Cyrodiil during march for similar actions.

that was for AP leeching, not exping
    and that was not for AFK
    but FOR flipping outpost - bad behaviour, anti-pvp related
    Edited by tradewith2017 on May 6, 2017 9:13AM
    Options
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

its game mechanics
    but not booting players

that was for AP leeching, not exping

AP/XP.. Same thing in the end.. You gain without effort, aka exploit
    Options
  • XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine - have it your way.
    Just don't whine should you get slammed by the ban-hammer for a while. All you're really doing is arguing over semantics and trying to justify your actions.

Options
  • tradewith2017
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    I'm curious why ZOS do not inform their customers about adding script/feature like this. Simple in game pop up window with information about adding new anti bot/afk/whatever system would help players understand the reason why they are getting booted out. But now we'll have dozens of threads about this because people simply don't know what's going on.

Lack of communication as always. And as always everytime they try to fight with bots, regular players are getting hurt.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

+100500 to this
    Options
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoShazarr wrote: »
    @BigBragg

man stop trolling and google what automation is - no human action involved!
    and quote me the rulers you found, lol :D

@Olen_Mikko ok lol, i will replase afk word for peeps who cant understand

Well that's literally what being AFK is.

Away from keyboard. Doesn't imply anywhere that there is human action, now does it?

If you sit at the computer and just stare or are tabbed out googling or watching explicit content, you're not playing, you're automatically gaining XP thro someone else's action... That means there is no human action... I'd ban the crap out of you, and I'm the nice guy here.

Please stop.

What if it's his own action? Say, a person owns 2 accounts and uses one to level the other.

No matter how you dislike or disagree, but OP is right that if it's not against ToS, then it's allowed and legit.
    Options
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Artis wrote: »
    DoShazarr wrote: »
    @BigBragg

man stop trolling and google what automation is - no human action involved!
    and quote me the rulers you found, lol :D

@Olen_Mikko ok lol, i will replase afk word for peeps who cant understand

Well that's literally what being AFK is.

Away from keyboard. Doesn't imply anywhere that there is human action, now does it?

If you sit at the computer and just stare or are tabbed out googling or watching explicit content, you're not playing, you're automatically gaining XP thro someone else's action... That means there is no human action... I'd ban the crap out of you, and I'm the nice guy here.

Please stop.

What if it's his own action? Say, a person owns 2 accounts and uses one to level the other.

No matter how you dislike or disagree, but OP is right that if it's not against ToS, then it's allowed and legit.

They have already posted the part of the TOS that's violated, AND a quote from Jessica
    Options
  • tradewith2017
    and its not vilated that part of the TOS, if you can read ofc
    Options
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blacksmoke wrote: »
    @Khenarthi
    i think it was done more against flipping in PVP where you sitting and leeching

because Multiboxers - they also figting mobs, and dolmen bots - they firing their LA too

Did he just defended botting? I must have misread this right?

no, you just trying to find smthing on me because you dont like leveling without combat?

I enjoy leveling without combat! Many quests dont need me to kill anything.

yes, that what i like too
    but without quests

All right what do you do then? I mean questing and combat are the basics of ESO

there is lot basics of teso, for evey person its different
    someone like fishing
    someone like only trading

i like to levelup my new toon from 1 to 50 in 6 hours, while watching Netflix and my friend who own me a beer, boosting me :D
    but i need to relog every 25 minuts now :|

Zenimax doesn't want you to level this way. That's why they made the program to kick you out when you do it. If they wanted you to do this they wouldn't change the program to kick you out. Their next step will be to send a GM to investigate and ban you.
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you serious? This is like walking into a police station and asking the people waiting there how to best rob someone without the police catching you, because you don't like being caught. :smirk:
    Options
  • Jollygoodusername
    Jollygoodusername
    ✭✭✭
    Auto-run gives exp when entering new areas or discoveries.
    Dolmen requires nothing in order to obtain exp except being in the area at the time. I tested this earlier today when I simply watched everyone attacking and killing monsters, before my 300+ ms ping could get a shot in.

There's no argument for rules when they're breaking themselves. It's like putting a no jaywalking sign at a crosswalk at this point.
    Options
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i need some clarification fro @ZOS_GinaBruno
    or someone else
    if this against the rulers, i will not do it

Dude, they are kicking you off the server for doing it, how much more confirmation do you need?

i will wait 5 min and will try again?
    i didnt get any other messages than that kick

i need more clear confirmation

To quote you:
    i tested it with many friends and im 100% sure now

If you are 100% sure, then don't play the "i'm confused and trying to relog every 5 min" card. You are not confused, you know exactly what is happening, and the fact that this is happening is all the confirmation you need to know you are not supposed to be doing it.

At this point he is no longer testing.. he is actively trying to circumvent the disciplinary actions that ZOS has set forth.
    Options
  • tradewith2017
    scorpiodog wrote: »
    @Khenarthi
    i think it was done more against flipping in PVP where you sitting and leeching

because Multiboxers - they also figting mobs, and dolmen bots - they firing their LA too

Did he just defended botting? I must have misread this right?

no, you just trying to find smthing on me because you dont like leveling without combat?

I enjoy leveling without combat! Many quests dont need me to kill anything.

yes, that what i like too
    but without quests

All right what do you do then? I mean questing and combat are the basics of ESO

there is lot basics of teso, for evey person its different
    someone like fishing
    someone like only trading

i like to levelup my new toon from 1 to 50 in 6 hours, while watching Netflix and my friend who own me a beer, boosting me :D
    but i need to relog every 25 minuts now :|

Zenimax doesn't want you to level this way. That's why they made the program to kick you out when you do it. If they wanted you to do this they wouldn't change the program to kick you out. Their next step will be to send a GM to investigate and ban you.

its nothing to ban me for
    but you can continue, please
    you make me laugh
    Options
This discussion has been closed.