Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How Do YOU Roleplay?

Dat_John
Dat_John
Long time tabletop and MUD (multi-year dungeon) roleplayer here. Most of my roleplaying experience has been in a text format.

How does that translate over to consoles or PC? Do you guys use a lot of voice? Do you type actions out? In particular, what's a typical roleplay experience like for you in specific?
Edited by Dat_John on May 5, 2017 5:38PM
  • jarnkoldur
    jarnkoldur
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings and welcome,
    Consoles, due to a lack of a text communication feature, developed to embrace voice chat RP as opposed to our PC brethern. Here is a recording of one of our RPs: LLRP |Blades of Dourstone Keep|:

https://youtu.be/hHlmnqL_8fE[/youtube]

Now, we aren't opposed to text RPing, but voice chat has sort of grown on some of the console players and as such prefer it - I include myself with that demographic.
    Edited by jarnkoldur on May 5, 2017 9:29PM
    "And when the truth finally dawns, it shall dawn in fire!"
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    /s

Something your character says, in character.

/e

Something your character does.

F1- list of emotes.

Aaaand...you're off!
  • jockjammerb16_ESO
    jockjammerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The old fashioned way. Simple Text and emotes.
    . No ridiculous novel style writing or mind reading such as, * know's you think she's sexy and Twirls around gracefully,the moon glittering of her dew moist scales making you think of the glistening leaves of an Elm tree at dawn,blah blah yadda yadda,Zzzzzzzzzz.*
    More like *scratches ass* or *groans loudly annoyed at insert name of bad roleplayer here*
    /faint

If you ERP do it in private!!! We have housing now so No excuses! If I run into another crazy group thing at the bathhouse I swear to the true three I shall poop in the bathwater.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others have said on PC it tends to be more text based.

I personally avoid using emotes for everything as some look goofy and ruin the feel I wanted, so I will use /e for that.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."