The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Should the Destro Force Shock Spammable be Channeled or Become a Projectile?

Avran_Sylt
Avran_Sylt
✭✭✭✭✭
The issue is that it is both instant in cast, as well as instant with projectile (since it has no projectile). I'm thinking because of the instant beam, it should have some kind of channel, or way to telegraph the attack. (PvP). if there was no interrupt/stun on this spammable, It'd not be much of a problem.
Edited by Avran_Sylt on April 30, 2017 11:43PM

Should the Destro Force Shock Spammable be Channeled or Become a Projectile? 61 votes

Yeah.
11%
josh.mottleyeb17_ESOle_spyDedricuswolfie1.0.SubversusKingJlunalitetempler 7 votes
Nah.
73%
MoiskormoimiItsMeTooUriel_Nocturnegrim_tacticsNerevarTelvannic0rpDracaneixieHansKSaturnDarlonDredlordclocksstoppeAkimbroDisgracefulMindMinalanEmma_OverloadVaohRosenrotWolfDalsinthus 45 votes
Something Else.
4%
smacx250WhiteMageDruid40 3 votes
I Don't Care.
9%
avelopolcakb14a_ESOEdziuRustyfish101spud1639SparklyRookHugeMuffin 6 votes
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah.
    Let's just leave it as is. Zos already tries to fix to many unbroken things, they don't need any help doing that.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah.
    This spell is already weak, why make it worse?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Channeled so you have .25 seconds to interupt the ranged caster?

Projectile so DKs can get around a primary magicka spammable that was changed specifically for counterplay?

If you think it is overperforming, I'd seek other adjustments (as well as a few reasons why it needs adjustments to begin with).
    Edited by DocFrost72 on May 1, 2017 12:09AM
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72

Well, this is bit more my issue:

you already have counterplay with the flame and shock morphs of destructive touch.

putting additional counterplay on an ability that has no cd like stuns is a bit op. Sure, you get a situational stun for interrupting, but unlike the stam melee classes who have to wait 4 seconds for your immunity to wear off in order to intterupt an ability again, you can just keep spamming an interrupt ability that will actually interrupt attacks.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on May 1, 2017 12:46AM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's no longer projectiles since Homestead.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    @DocFrost72

you already have counterplay with the flame and shock morphs of destructive touch.

putting additional counterplay on an ability that has no cd like stuns is a bit op. Sure, you get a situational stun for interrupting, but unlike the stam melee classes who have to wait 4 seconds for your immunity to wear off in order to intterupt an ability again, you can just keep spamming an interrupt ability that will actually interrupt attacks.

Stamina user can spam Venom Arrow which works almost the same. Ranged instant attacks that interrupts. Also cheaper then Crushing Shock. Idk from whereYou digged news that Crushing shock have no cooldown on interruption and other things have. Everything including bash have no cooldown on interruption You can interrupt every channelled attack with it and stun enemie if he not have CC immunity.
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah.
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    @DocFrost72

Stam can animation cancel with bash :wink:

Thread should be closed, shouldn't it?
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah.
    Sorcs already have to use this to proc frags since they don't have a useful spammable.
  • KingKush
    KingKush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah.
    Its fine as it is.

Git gud plz
    Xbox NA
    GT: Live Like Kure
    King Kush-MagSorc
  • lunalitetempler
    lunalitetempler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah.
    Projectile, frost, fire, lightning ball. Wanted this for so long. The current animation looks like puke.
  • Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah.
    L2P
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nah.
    wtf no. stop trying to break things that aren't broken. gawd.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nah.
    Not to mention: do you know what it's like to be bound by channels? Because I do. And, while I love my class, it becomes rough sometimes to keep up consistent pressure AND keep yourself properly sustained and high health. But I have no issue with CS or FP. Don't make more channels for players to suffer through.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it became a channel, 5x Soulshine 5x Spider Cultist 1x Kena would become the meta, and Crystal Blast would likely see higher use. Whether this is a good thing or not is up for debate.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Uhm, I'd like it to count as projectile again... but no channel, lol.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah.
    I think it's a weak spell, damage wise. No need to change it.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Berenhir
    Yeah, this thread should be closed, seems that the ability interrupt thing is rather poorly worded. Melee abilities can't be interrupted, ranged abilities can be (You can't interrupt uppercut, but you can interrupt snipe). There is a lot of confusion at least on my part as to what can and cannot be interrupted with Crushing Shock/Venom Arrow.
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah.
    suggesting this you either got no idea about game, no skill, and probably are a zergling.