Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I'm broke lmao

• RT_Frank
    RT_Frank
    ✭✭✭
    Betheny wrote: »
    Ohhgrizyyy wrote: »
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    Being a crafter is the worst way to make gold in this game

I assumed it can be great, People tipping to have something crafted for them when they have the mats. I've seen people give like 20-30k tips

How much do you think it costs to get all the motif style pages so you can actually craft things for people...you're better off selling to crafters than you are being a crafter.

Literally this. I've made most of money from selling motifs and the anniversary event was a gold mine for me. You can get motifs by doing various dailies or farming world bosses. I'm a crafter and I've never made money from it. Unless you count not tipping other crafters as making money...
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanna be broke? Spend all your game time in PvP. In one month of playing, they give you what everyone in PvE land can make in a day. And that's if you win.

And it's all those PvE people setting the prices that our broke area can't afford, and we still have to go out there because AP doesn't buy potion stuffs, doesn't buy dungeon sets, and the RNG on that golden vendor is worse than PvE.
    Edited by WhiteMage on May 1, 2017 12:17AM
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, there's no fun way of making gold. You can gather mats and sell them or farm mobs for gold, but it's sooooo BORING that I can't do it more than 20 minutes straight lol. It's a pain.

Crafting actually makes you poorer :/ You keep the mats, you waste money in more mats, recipes, motifs, research, etc and no one wants to use crafted gear anyway.

• Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »
    12 maxed chars, 6 writs per char, 664 gold per writ is ~48k cash everyday plus tons of mats and tempers from surveys and boxes. Plus master writs.

Jesus how much time does that take each day? You'd spend an hour doing all the writs, right?

Plus how much do you spend on resources?

For equipment crafting you're looking at 15 x 3 mats for each writ. You'd be using 540 rubedite, rubedo and Ruby ash a day for 12 writs. That's around 20-30k just for the resources?

Is it really worth it?
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volrion wrote: »
    12 maxed chars, 6 writs per char, 664 gold per writ is ~48k cash everyday plus tons of mats and tempers from surveys and boxes. Plus master writs.

Jesus how much time does that take each day? You'd spend an hour doing all the writs, right?

Plus how much do you spend on resources?

For equipment crafting you're looking at 15 x 3 mats for each writ. You'd be using 540 rubedite, rubedo and Ruby ash a day for 12 writs. That's around 20-30k just for the resources?

Is it really worth it?

He could have just sold the mats he used for 3x that.
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I am a master crafter, however I do not make a single penny with it :lol:

I basically sell materials, motifs and some boe gear I get while doing other stuff. Good luck!
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This ^^

I make over 200k a week doing max level writs on 8 characters - before I sell any of the improvement tempers and alloys, psijic fragments, etc. I get. Once a week I list up the tempers and things I want to sell in my guilds and easily make 200k-300k in one day of sales.

Master writs are a bonus on top of that - I already have my 3 armour master crafting tables and a test skeleton in my manor house but still have 450 unused writ vouchers and another 500 vouchers worth of master writs I can sell if I want to.

It is so easy to make money without really thinking about it. I have spent over 5 million on housing and have more than 9 mil in the bank.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also you can get,

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info470-RememberJunk.html

And start flagging all junk you pick up, or rather what you want to sell, I use it that way. I do mark the 0g items too, and sorting on value it's easy to purge the inventory of the lowest value stuff too.

After a while it's easy just to press X to sell all those items in junk when speaking to a Merchant or anyone that can also do repairs.

If you do dailies and just a couple of delves, or a dungeon here and there, it'll start pouring in.
    Edited by Idinuse on May 1, 2017 1:32AM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

False! I do my writs daily on 10 characters and make 228k from it a week
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    Wanna be broke? Spend all your game time in PvP. In one month of playing, they give you what everyone in PvE land can make in a day. And that's if you win.

And it's all those PvE people setting the prices that our broke area can't afford, and we still have to go out there because AP doesn't buy potion stuffs, doesn't buy dungeon sets, and the RNG on that golden vendor is worse than PvE.

Lol exactly this. I make like 2-3k a day from daily rewards and thats it. Cant be eff'd grinding gold anymore. Atleast ill get a hefty payout at the end of the 30 day campaign… Why aren't end reward payouts higher?
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I disagree. I buy kuta for 5k and I sell them in glyphs for 10k. Easy gold. Mats are also all the rage too. More points into crafting, the more gold mats. Then there's tri pots and tri foods. Again easy gold. I can easily make 500k-a-week through crafting alone. Crafting may be rubbish if you're relying on making set pieces, but selling world drops is just as bad.

Other than the making of actual armour and weapons, I've never understood the negativity surrounding crafting as a whole. Crafting is easily the best way to make gold with little or no effort once you've done the initial time sink.

Edit:I'm PS4, so prices may vary on other platforms.

He meant crafting gear. But still, I sell cornflower and lady's smock for 130k per stack LOL. That's more than I can even sell my potions for, so I don't even need to be a crafter for that.

But you are right, I make a lot of my gold from selling XP potions.
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Made 600k this week according to mm this week view. That is without a guild trader and still selling through guild store. Selling Alchemy raw materials priced always at at least 10% below mm price. Should make 1.5m at least by week end
    Edited by aLi3nZ on May 1, 2017 2:12AM
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's so hard getting gold unless you're a crafter man....Any tips on how to get some? I k ow I could farm sets and sell them but I have horrible luck and don't get good drops that often. It's a pain

Hmmm well you could always farm there are areas where more gold drops, if you have the crowns maybe get the merchant to, other then that I do not really know. Try youtube for farming areas.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farm a lot of ap and buy the gold vendor bind on equip stuff. When the right jewelry comes around sell on ah for several hundred k.

Get in a farming IC boss group. Save up tv and sell regents.

Farm rubedite or silk nodes, refine and sell on ah.

Learn a crafting profession. Sell pots or glyphs.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make 12 master writ chars to get gold everyday off writs I guess too lol, I have all 12 unlocked but i'm saving the last 2 I have for both warden specs

You can also do the same with the lowest level writs. if you're talking about the gold you receive for turning in a writ, it's based on the character's level, and not the crafting skill level/passives. When I do writs at char level 50, I can do them on my crafter, and get 4k gold per 6 writs, each day. When I do the writs on another level 50 character that does the writs at level 1, I receive the same 4k gold for those same 6 writs.

I think it's a quick and easy way to make some gold without too much effort. I can do all 12 chars in just over an hour and a half, and the gold alone is 48k
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small stacks of low level mats and tempers will make you rich...Im sitting around 5 million and climbing because of them, and a great trading guild(s)!
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even lv1 writs are good
  • ScytheNL
    ScytheNL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runschei wrote: »
    Start stealing and killing. I can give you my special route which grants me a maximum of 40K gold every day (if I do it every day)

I would really, really like this as well. I love stealing but I get nowhere near 40K.
    Ingame:
    Ezekiel Zakriah, Redguard Nightblade

Xbox One, GT= Scythe NL
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come again i make 200k a day just dreugh farming thats 1 million every 5 days
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    The struggle, unless ZOS brings in some new 9 trait sets that people will respect crafters will be reduced to just hundings/nmg/tbs/eternal etc.. Until then you're better off farming at a dolmen for spriggans/necro jewelry or something along those lines. Gathering motifs/all that time to research traits and we are just chillin here waiting..cool Morrowind crafted sets btw. Gnarly.
    The Flyers
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And at what cost your sanity?
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IF I were to try to grind for gold (I just do writs/master writs+hirelings) I would try farming the following:

Raw mats (boring, just throw some television on and run around)
    Tel Var/trophy fragments (plus IC is actually fun sometimes)
    Motifs (mainly daily quests, more RNG in play. Mages/Fighters/Craglorn/Wrothgar dailies, for sure)

And see what gave me the best return and least frustration.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • BRCOURTN
    BRCOURTN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all the crafters saying they're poor, just do master writs. After buying the recipe, every 50 you get can make a target skeleton which sells for 200k at least depending on demand. Easy peasy
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And at what cost your sanity?

Not really i just throw my merchant out
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farming motifs will make you rich. If you don't like to farm, buy low, sell high. I just made 250k in two days doing that.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Farming motifs will make you rich. If you don't like to farm, buy low, sell high. I just made 250k in two days doing that.

Problem for me is it seems like when I try to buy low then the price drops not long after I buy or i can't seem to sell it for more or hardly any more then what I bought it for
    Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
    Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
    Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
    Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
    Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Problem for me is it seems like when I try to buy low then the price drops not long after I buy or i can't seem to sell it for more or hardly any more then what I bought it for

I've lost millions on that, but cashed even more millions in. I often talk honestly about trading with my friends and guilds, and we all help out with tips and discuss prices if we notice a trend. Just being a little social helps you a lot with trading, so you avoid mistakes and help your friends to avoid the same.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭

You're not buying low enough! If you use a guild store add-on, set your deal level to blue or purple level deals. Then sell for just below going rate. If the buy price isn't low enough to be sure of making a good profit, pass it by.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭

You're not buying low enough! If you use a guild store add-on, set your deal level to blue or purple level deals. Then sell for just below going rate. If the buy price isn't low enough to be sure of making a good profit, pass it by.

Sadly on ps4, Thanks for advice tho lol
    Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
    Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
    Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
    Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
    Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz