The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I'm broke lmao

Ohhgrizyyy
Ohhgrizyyy
✭✭✭✭
It's so hard getting gold unless you're a crafter man....Any tips on how to get some? I k ow I could farm sets and sell them but I have horrible luck and don't get good drops that often. It's a pain
Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I noticed my sales gone down alot since the beta came out and probably more pcers moving to consoles cause it feels like less people every day on the pc for some reason.
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I noticed my sales gone down alot since the beta came out and probably more pcers moving to consoles cause it feels like less people every day on the pc for some reason.

Well hell I'm on PS4 lol

• DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Being a crafter is the worst way to make gold in this game
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »

I assumed it can be great, People tipping to have something crafted for them when they have the mats. I've seen people give like 20-30k tips

• Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ohhgrizyyy wrote: »

I assumed it can be great, People tipping to have something crafted for them when they have the mats. I've seen people give like 20-30k tips

How much do you think it costs to get all the motif style pages so you can actually craft things for people...you're better off selling to crafters than you are being a crafter.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you've done all the questing, you can still make gold that way. Do quests, fight mobs, loot all the mobs, then sell it all to merchants. It's not large lump sums like playing the guild trader market, but you still make gold.

Also find a place you can pickpocket, assassinate, and loot farm NPCs, then sell it all at a Fence. I do that some times at Anvil Castle.
    Edited by ArchMikem on April 30, 2017 5:53PM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Unless you've done all the questing, you can still make gold that way. Do quests, fight mobs, loot all the mobs, then sell it all to merchants. It's not large lump sums like playing the guild trader market, but you still make gold.

Every time I farm I do that cause I have the Crown Merchant

• Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭

Also find a place you can pickpocket, assassinate, and loot farm NPCs, then sell it all at a Fence. I do that some times at Anvil Castle.

Roughly maybe 2k gold a run and that's a maybe

• Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make 12 master writ chars to get gold everyday off writs I guess too lol, I have all 12 unlocked but i'm saving the last 2 I have for both warden specs
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on April 30, 2017 5:57PM
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's so hard getting gold unless you're a crafter man....Any tips on how to get some? I k ow I could farm sets and sell them but I have horrible luck and don't get good drops that often. It's a pain

No one does money that way I don't know where you've got that information.

The way to do money is going to the public dungeons where the most wanted sets droops. Everything you get you can sell to normal merchants and if you get a good droop you can sell it for 300k like for example the Spinners destro fire staff. You can do easy more than 200k every 2 days.
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    teladoy wrote: »

The way to do money is going to the public dungeons where the most wanted sets droops. Everything you get you can sell to normal merchants and if you get a good droop you can sell it for 300k like for example the Spinners destro fire staff. You can do easy more than 200k every 2 days.

Well see the problem is I have horrible luck so. I farmed Spinners cause that's what I'm using now. For 3 days I didn't see a single sharpened wanted drop let alone an Inferno Staff

• Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One word............fishing! I sell perfect roe for 10k gold each.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    teladoy wrote: »

Well see the problem is I have horrible luck so. I farmed Spinners cause that's what I'm using now. For 3 days I didn't see a single sharpened wanted drop let alone an Inferno Staff

Yeah I the crappiest luck as well spent like a month trying to get a spinner sharpened and nothing, also never get master writs higher than 10 now even on my main crafter with like 15 traits left to go and every single motif learned.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

And I buy it at 10k each to sell my potions, making a profit of 4-5k per roe
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I disagree. I buy kuta for 5k and I sell them in glyphs for 10k. Easy gold. Mats are also all the rage too. More points into crafting, the more gold mats. Then there's tri pots and tri foods. Again easy gold. I can easily make 500k-a-week through crafting alone. Crafting may be rubbish if you're relying on making set pieces, but selling world drops is just as bad.

Other than the making of actual armour and weapons, I've never understood the negativity surrounding crafting as a whole. Crafting is easily the best way to make gold with little or no effort once you've done the initial time sink.

Edit:I'm PS4, so prices may vary on other platforms.
    Edited by Prof_Bawbag on April 30, 2017 6:31PM
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

And I buy it at 10k each to sell my potions, making a profit of 4-5k per roe

I have the recipe so, I guess, I should start making and selling the potions. :D
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭

I disagree. I buy kuta for 5k and I sell them in glyphs for 10k. Easy gold. Mats are also all the rage too. More points into crafting, the more gold mats. Then there's tri pots and tri foods. Again easy gold. I can easily make 500k-a-week through crafting alone. Crafting may be rubbish if you're relying on making set pieces, but selling world drops is just as bad.

Other than the making of actual armour and weapons, I've never understood the negativity surrounding crafting as a whole. Crafting is easily the best way to make gold with little or no effort once you've done the initial time sink.

Any idea how much tri-pots sell for? For a stack of 200? I'm on ps4 as well

• Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make 12 master writ chars to get gold everyday off writs I guess too lol, I have all 12 unlocked but i'm saving the last 2 I have for both warden specs

I agree, I've only got 6 alts I do writs on daily but the payoff is great. All of the gold mats, master writs, and ambrosia fragments to sell just for 20 minutes of work. Takes some gold and time to set up, but its well worth it!
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Any idea how much tri-pots sell for? For a stack of 200? I'm on ps4 as well

I sell them in 100's, as i find they sell better.

Essence of spell power (100) - £35k
    Essence of health - 30k
    Essence of weapon power - 20k

CP160 legendary glyphs, both stam and magic sell for 10k. Check your guild store though because some people sell them for around 9k and if you list a heap for 10k they won't obviously sell.

This is on the EU server so they may vary from the NA server. Some people sell them for more, but I find the prices above are the sweet spot for me.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Start stealing and killing. I can give you my special route which grants me a maximum of 40K gold every day (if I do it every day)
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runschei wrote: »
    Start stealing and killing. I can give you my special route which grants me a maximum of 40K gold every day (if I do it every day)

If you wouldn't mind messaging me it please do. Does it require Blade of woe/Dark brotherhood tho?

• scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Grind gear now while the mobs aren't around and you don't have to fight to get a kill. When the New Chapter releases all kinds of people will be coming out and your stuff will sell again.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You won't make a lot compared to some options but one very simple and reliable method is stealing.

If I steal the first 50 'Treasure' items I come across and sell them to a fence, then repeat it on a 2nd character I can easily make 5-6k per day, and it only takes me 1/2 an hour in total. You can sell more than 50 items a day if you put points into the skill, and if you spend more time looking and take only green, blue and purple items you can make a lot more money, but I'm happy to settle for getting it done quickly.

I like it because it doesn't require any special knowledge or a particular build and I can do it on my own, spending as much or as little time as I need and still make a reliable profit. Which is important for me because I often have very little time to play and I don't want to waste it getting started on farming something only to find I need to stop before anything drops.

Crafting writs are good too, even if you're not a master crafter. You won't make as much money (or get as good rewards) at the lower levels, but it also helps level your crafts.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farm motif pages . You don't have to be a crafter for that an many have a good resale . Steal . Thief guild vendors are great money source .
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do writs every day on 8 toons and sell gold tempers.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Roughly maybe 2k gold a run and that's a maybe

Only 2k? I've done around 6k a day before.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • uzbachchi
    uzbachchi
    ✭✭✭
    With the fence passive maxed, I get 15-20K a day on stolen/mugged items, which usually takes me one to one and a half hours work max a day. Anvil Castle, Scarp Keep are my two main theft spots (plus pickpocketing all the way there and back) but I'm keeping my prime mugging location to myself because I haven't seen anyone else use it and I don't want to have to compete at my best money maker.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The reason is likely to be the increasing number of invitations to participate in the Morrowind beta on the PTS. The Live server population always takes a hit on PC when there's major new content on the PTS.
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farm raw mats and sell them. You can bank 30k-40k an hour.

The best way to make money is trading, buy low sell high. Also, foresee the changes in the market and act accordingly. It's a mind game.

On PC you can make a profit of 300g-500g per legendary glyph xD There's absolutely 0 profit in making potions.
    Edited by hmsdragonfly on April 30, 2017 11:46PM
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12 maxed chars, 6 writs per char, 664 gold per writ is ~48k cash everyday plus tons of mats and tempers from surveys and boxes. Plus master writs.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -