Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Why Are Sorcs a Problem and The Effort Put Into Playing

NyassaV
NyassaV
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Now, everyone knows that playing a sorc is damn there amazing in terms of raw DPS numbers, mag or stam it is the 'easy mode' of ESO. But the problem with it, is not it's shear power, but the problem is that other classes have a hard time getting to where the sorc is. I can do 21k DPS on a mag sorc without even trying, without a rotation, without caring and just mindlessly flinging spells at a target dummy. The set up is your classic BSW and Ilamris with 3 Infal Aether jewelry. And that is fine, on a mag DK I can hit 21k DPS with the same gear set up (using Valkyn instead of Ilambris) while I am being sorta mindful of my rotation. So I am getting similar DPS when I am putting different amounts off effort into it. That is the issue.

Other classes, mag and stam, need a buff. Magicka templar can stay where it is due to the amount of tools they have, but Stamplar needs help. Mag and stamina nightblades need some PvE love badly. And DK could use some new tools. Sorc right now is dominant in DPS number when you barely have to put effort into it. But all these other classes, THEY DO NOT reward effort put into them.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

Post ideas and contribtuions please, I wanna hear what people have to say.
Flawless Conqueror ~ Alliance Overlord
She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here we go again...
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This whole hunky-dory "buff other classes" after they literally directly nerfed every other class into the stone age is blitheringly stupid.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously. It's getting dull now.

I guess shield stacking bothers you too?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • wimhwimladimf
    wimhwimladimf
    ✭✭✭
    Your thread would be much more valuable if you made a video, show your gear, stats, skills morph and then rotation.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

I'm actually perfectly fine with the shield stacking, it's unique to sorcs and gives them an edge they would not have otherwise. It's their raw damage output that bothers me so much in competitive DPS in vet trials. Other classes have been left in the dust as a comparison to the point where I can hit buttons mindlessly on a sorc and reach the same DPS as a stamblade when I am actually focusing hard on the stamblade. The easy mode class should be easy and powerful, sure, but other classes are harder to play properly and are not as rewarding as one would think.
    Edited by NyassaV on April 30, 2017 11:34PM
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Alliance Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already got my shield breaker on :|
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hollery wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »

I'm actually perfectly fine with the shield stacking, it's unique to sorcs and gives them an edge they would not have otherwise. It's their raw damage output that bothers me so much in competitive DPS in vet trials. Other classes have been left in the dust as a comparison to the point where I can hit buttons mindlessly on a sorc and reach the same DPS as a stamblade when I am actually focusing hard on the stamblade. The easy mode class should be easy and powerful, sure, but other classes are harder to play properly and are not as rewarding as one would think.

Unique when every other class can use the two of the 3 shields a sorcs has...yeah..
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kram8ion wrote: »
    Already got my shield breaker on :|

Nerf Shield breaker.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just say no to nerfs for PvP.

Honestly, I'm tired of it.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • HuawaSepp
    HuawaSepp
    ✭✭✭
    Sorc was the best class since v16/cp160 gear cap raise in every single patch, only DK and Templar were better than a sorc for tanking/healing.
    But I can't understand why ZOS needed so long to understand that.
    Now instead of giving Sorc major mending and chains they first nerf the other classes.

I'm for buffing sorc and not nerfing the other classes, but whatever.
    PTS-EU
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not want sorcs nerf stop with all the nerfs just adjust the other classes up .... stop freaking nerfing.
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Now, everyone knows that playing a sorc is damn there amazing in terms of raw DPS numbers, mag or stam it is the 'easy mode' of ESO. But the problem with it, is not it's shear power, but the problem is that other classes have a hard time getting to where the sorc is. I can do 21k DPS on a mag sorc without even trying, without a rotation, without caring and just mindlessly flinging spells at a target dummy. The set up is your classic BSW and Ilamris with 3 Infal Aether jewelry. And that is fine, on a mag DK I can hit 21k DPS with the same gear set up (using Valkyn instead of Ilambris) while I am being sorta mindful of my rotation. So I am getting similar DPS when I am putting different amounts off effort into it. That is the issue.

Other classes, mag and stam, need a buff. Magicka templar can stay where it is due to the amount of tools they have, but Stamplar needs help. Mag and stamina nightblades need some PvE love badly. And DK could use some new tools. Sorc right now is dominant in DPS number when you barely have to put effort into it. But all these other classes, THEY DO NOT reward effort put into them.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

GO AWAY.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So much has been said in so many other threads

PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »
    Just say no to nerfs for PvP.

Honestly, I'm tired of it.

Wow, it wasn't even mentioned.
    Bandwagon. /sigh
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hollery

Sorry to say but in live or PTS if your only hitting 21k on a Sorc or Dk then either your build needs work or the delivery of skills.

As for the post, it's hard to provide valuable feedback when builds and delivery of the rotation is off.
  • overclocker303b14_ESO
    Now, everyone knows that playing a sorc is damn there amazing in terms of raw DPS numbers, mag or stam it is the 'easy mode' of ESO.

LOL yes because I see SOOOOO many stamsorcs (or stamina anything for that matter) in trials.

Stamsorcs are already getting another unnecessary nerf with the medium armor and redguard nerfs. Are you saying that isn't enough and you still think they are OP?
    Edited by overclocker303b14_ESO on May 1, 2017 6:39PM
  • Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems more like a L2P issue tbh.
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.