The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PETS IN TRIALS AFTER MORROWIND

ricam
ricam
✭✭✭
(Corrected: It did say trails. My bad. )

When I watched one of the eso live broadcasts they showed the warden with the bear ulti out. When the warden attacked a new target, the bear stopped attacking the mob it was on and switched to the new one. I assume the UI for the bear is the same as the current sorc pets. Will they function the same way? (for consoles). If so will that make them more viable in trials?
Edited by ricam on April 28, 2017 2:19PM
PS4 NA. Ebonheart Pact, Dark Elf, Sorcerer
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, sorc pets will never be as viable in trails as the warden bear will, simply because Daedric feet are not as well suited as bears' for extended periods of walking. Bears' upbringing in forest environments makes them a natural fit for competitive trail performance. I'm really hoping the next DLC adds hiking boots sorcs can outfit their pets with to bring them up to the bear's level.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Jonno
    Jonno
    ✭✭✭
    pets are already viable in trials
    PC / EU
    |Chimaira
    |Thats What She Said
    |Call Of The Undaunted
    |Unfinished Business

TinkerBell - Orc Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Aelin - Bosmer Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Prıncess - Dunmer - Mag NB - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Cher Lloyd - Dunmer - Sorc - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Luna Lovegøød - Dunmer - Templar - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Leíghton - Redguard - Stam DK - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
  • ricam
    ricam
    ✭✭✭
    Jonno wrote: »
    pets are already viable in trials

I've only done a few trials recently but I have been told we can use pets up to the boss fights, then they have to be put away.

Edited by ricam on April 28, 2017 1:35PM
  • Jonno
    Jonno
    ✭✭✭
    only boss they need put away is AA final boss because they chain lightning everybody
    Edited by Jonno on April 27, 2017 2:33PM
    PC / EU
    |Chimaira
    |Thats What She Said
    |Call Of The Undaunted
    |Unfinished Business

• ricam
    ricam
    ✭✭✭
    only boss they need put away is AA because they chain lightning everybody

I haven't done AA. I can run without pets but my sorc is much stronger with them.

The reason I was given not to run the pets was that they would pull the agro off the tank. Have you run into that at all?
  • Jonno
    Jonno
    ✭✭✭
    pets dont pull aggro whatsoever only time this could happen is if the tank is useless and cant keep taunt up
    PC / EU
    |Chimaira
    |Thats What She Said
    |Call Of The Undaunted
    |Unfinished Business

• ricam
    ricam
    ✭✭✭
    pets dont pull aggro whatsoever only time this could happen is if the tank is useless and cant keep taunt up

Thank you. I am going to have to try to get my guild to let me try it.
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also assuming the warden pet ai is added to all other pets, the switching of targets is only done by fully charged heavy attacks.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I loved the troll post about trails.

OP, its trials not trails ;)

Yes all pets work the same
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    ricam wrote: »

Well, definitely not true... I know when I'm pulling 6 adds into another room, I don't stand in that room and taunt all 6. I taunt a couple and run them in, stack them and re-take aggro of all 6. If the pet runs in or gets in the way, what happens?
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Unfortunately, sorc pets will never be as viable in trails as the warden bear will, simply because Daedric feet are not as well suited as bears' for extended periods of walking. Bears' upbringing in forest environments makes them a natural fit for competitive trail performance. I'm really hoping the next DLC adds hiking boots sorcs can outfit their pets with to bring them up to the bear's level.

I like you.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well, definitely not true... I know when I'm pulling 6 adds into another room, I don't stand in that room and taunt all 6. I taunt a couple and run them in, stack them and re-take aggro of all 6. If the pet runs in or gets in the way, what happens?

That's why you un-summon the pet in between each add pull...
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm done XDDDD
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All these lies about pets seems to confuse the community a lot.
    1. Pets do not aggro mobs before you do. Period. If someone blames your pet for that, you can assume that the person doesn't know ***.
    2. Pets does not take aggro from the tanks taunted mobs. If the tank can taunt properly, the pets will never have aggro.
    3. There are veeeeeery few fights where the pet cannot be used. Some tests from various people (look up sorc threads on Tamriel Foundry for example) show that after tests, the pet does not chain lightning on mage in AA if you don't have too many melee DD:s, that it's fine to recast it when the warrior kills it in HRC since it does a *** ton of damage all the way up to that phase, and it's perfectly fine to respawn it at prayer phase on twins in MoL as well.

And the absolutely biggest lie I've ever heard is that pets don't have boots (stares at @casparian), don't mix up your own pet's wet feet with our familiar's. Mine has warden bear pelt boots :sunglasses:
    EU PC
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be new mechanic for pets that will make them switching the target if You use fully charged heavy attack on new one.

Also already You can controll Your pets by "Y" button combined with RMB or LMB. 1st combo makes pet going out of fight 2nd makes him attacking selected target. Idk what is representing those commands on controllers.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pets hold agro if you are the only one doing damage to enemy, if other do damage the pet will lose agro.
    Ran into this on a boss in old orsinium. I sent the scamp to tank, and killed the boss after done with quest another player was killed by boss, pet would not hold agro as we both fight boss.

Pets also don't work well for farming mobs as they will tank some of them and not letting you pull all into aoe kill zones.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ricam
    ricam
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the troll post about trails.

OP, its trials not trails ;)

Yes all pets work the same

LOL. I didn't notice the typo. Corrected. Thanks. :)
    Edited by ricam on April 28, 2017 1:29PM
  • ricam
    ricam
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    [Pets also don't work well for farming mobs as they will tank some of them and not letting you pull all into aoe kill zones.

I use them when I am farming vivec's antlers. I run by and attack a group. My pets will finish that group while I move on to the next. Round and round we go. : )
    Edited by ricam on April 28, 2017 1:37PM
  • ricam
    ricam
    ✭✭✭

I didn't catch the typo yesterday. I had no idea what you were talking about. lol. You are awesome. :)
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I actually don't think we have that command on console
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • ricam
    ricam
    ✭✭✭
    [quote="RedVyperOfDorne;c-4061107

Yeah I actually don't think we have that command on console

You could un-summon by using the overload utli. If you don't slot them on the overload bar, when you pop into overload the pets will die and need to be recast.
  • Jonno
    Jonno
    ✭✭✭
    the pets dont attack unless someone agros
    PC / EU
    |Chimaira
    |Thats What She Said
    |Call Of The Undaunted
    |Unfinished Business

• Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is true. My paws are proof.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton