The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

tanking

ptthor
ptthor
I was wondering what all other tanks feel CP should be now
I have tried some stuff like 50 points to tenacity and all attack bonuses I can give
haven't got to try it out in trails or boss fights yet
but like what I see with trash pulls
would love to hear more idea's

this is my thinking feel free to tell me where im wrong
green
100 - shadow ward
50 - tenacity
50 - arcanist
10 bashing focus

blue
50 - blessed
50 - elemental expert
50 - physical weapon expert
50 - master-at-arms
10 - precise strikes

red
50 - ironclad
50 - hardy
50 - elemental defender
30 - bastion
20 - heavy armor focus
10 - thick skinned

Edited by ptthor on April 21, 2017 9:28AM
  • wimhwimladimf
    wimhwimladimf
    ✭✭✭
    Problem with tanks is not related to CP but to lack of good sets. They should introduce new set which reduce dmg taken from monsters by 70% + your light atacks taunt enemy for 1sec every 2sec, For balance purposes such set would also reduce outgoing dmg and healing by 80%. I think i dont have to explain why.

This way every class could tank easily, but dps and healers wouldnt abuse it for easy survivality.
    Edited by wimhwimladimf on April 21, 2017 11:43AM
    Options
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just have a lot into reduce block cost/reduce stam cost/mag cost, max blessed out/got riposte passive/some into the rest into precise. Reduce both physical/elemental damage. Nothing fancy just put them into things that count. Igneous into vigor is very strong, literally the only heal you need unless you're in vet trials. Other than that reducing block cost is vital, still figuring out what to do next patch.
    The Flyers
    Options
  • TheStealthDude
    TheStealthDude
    ✭✭✭✭
    Problem with tanks is not related to CP but to lack of good sets. They should introduce new set which reduce dmg taken from monsters by 70% + your light atacks taunt enemy for 1sec every 2sec, For balance purposes such set would also reduce outgoing dmg and healing by 80%. I think i dont have to explain why.

This way every class could tank easily, but dps and healers wouldnt abuse it for easy survivality.

This isn't needed and would make tanking trivial and not fun.

You can already effectively tank on any class, with multiple ways to do it on each class.
    Options
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would help to know what class and race you're going with.
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
    Options
  • wimhwimladimf
    wimhwimladimf
    ✭✭✭

You can already effectively tank on any class, with multiple ways to do it on each class.

That's not the point. The point is to allow tanking without being forced to block all day.
    Options
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ptthor wrote: »
    I was wondering what all other tanks feel CP should be now
    I have tried some stuff like 50 points to tenacity and all attack bonuses I can give
    haven't got to try it out in trails or boss fights yet
    but like what I see with trash pulls
    would love to hear more idea's

this is my thinking feel free to tell me where im wrong
    green
    100 - shadow ward
    50 - tenacity
    50 - arcanist
    10 bashing focus

blue
    50 - blessed
    50 - elemental expert
    50 - physical weapon expert
    50 - master-at-arms
    10 - precise strikes

red
    50 - ironclad
    50 - hardy
    50 - elemental defender
    30 - bastion
    20 - heavy armor focus
    10 - thick skinned
    Green - Okay. I don't heavy attack on live but might change in 14.
    Blue -Why do you have 150 points in damage trees? Ele, Phys, and Master don't make sense to me at all
    Red - more into thick skinned imo.
    Edited by Oompuh on April 21, 2017 5:00PM
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
    Options
  • ptthor
    ptthor
    was trying to increase stamina returns to better sustain
    Options
  • ptthor
    ptthor
    sorry lol
    DK imperial
    Options
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't put 100 points in shadow ward. Its not worth it anymore.

you can easily get by with 80 (24%) or so.

believe it or not, this patch actually made my tank even stronger if you don't count the blocking nerf.

thief tree
    -never relied on magician or warlord so no change there
    -can actually get more (8-10%) out of the arcanist and stam regen stars now, before I never bothered as my build has 500ish stam and mag regen.
    -cheaper roll dodges
    -only need 80 point in shadow ward from 100

mage tree
    -major buff to heavy attacks which I always used anyway.
    -tenacity looks cheaper/easier to get more with less points.
    -had a diversified build which is even more diversified now

Warrior tree
    - slightly less overall mitigation 22-24ish percent, but a few points left over cap heavy armor. I'm gonna call it even here for me.

with respect to the class balance I think my dk was slightly boosted overall with the buff to helping hands (I only have 18k stam) and the ultimate regen was a boost also.

Get a frost staff. lol

It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
    Options
  • TheStealthDude
    TheStealthDude
    ✭✭✭✭

That's not the point. The point is to allow tanking without being forced to block all day.

You can already do this. Look at different shield builds, that take advantage of casted damage shields. One of my characters currently runs a DK igneous shields tanking build. I only block CC hits, really.
    Options