The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trials become boring without good loot/rewards

Gargath
Gargath
✭✭✭✭✭
I did several so far and got bored very fast because rewards are generally trash. Even picking heavy sacks or chests give generally rubbish. If not the people I come there with, trials would be a waste of time. Considered an interesting end game content, definitely need some rework.
For the time that is spent on doing trials we could get much better loot guaranteed from a few overland bosses.
Most sets found in trials are not worth the efforts and time and wipes. Why there is no real gold amount at the end? Instead I get the trash and others get trash.
Why sets are still bind on pickup?
The only one I could think about as good, The Infallible Mage, has such a low drop rate, seems impossible to collect all parts with a weapons even after ten of Sanctum Ophidias.
And this damn lag everywhere inside...
PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 runs? You're in for a real treat then. You could do 500 runs and not get the weapon you're looking for. The grind is real.
  • Beesting
    Beesting
    ✭✭✭✭
    End game is doing wrothgar boss runs on 12 chars for the loot boxes. Do that a week and you will never call trials boring xD
    Beesting, Bosmer Magica DK, AD EU, crafter
    Slager, Dunmer Magica DK, DC EU, pvp
    Farmer, Dunmer Magica DK, AD EU, trials build

Every major patch looks like the end of the world but somehow i just cannot stop playing.
  • Amp151
    Amp151
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think you're suppose to get all the gear you want in "several" runs.
    It's an mmo it's going to be a bit of a grind to get what you want.

If you'd like IA gear I'd recommend trying Vet hel Ra or vet aa. Much easier than Sanctum.
    Decent groups can get them done in 45-60 minutes.
    20 minutes on normal.
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    I did several so far and got bored very fast because rewards are generally trash. Even picking heavy sacks or chests give generally rubbish. If not the people I come there with, trials would be a waste of time. Considered an interesting end game content, definitely need some rework.
    For the time that is spent on doing trials we could get much better loot guaranteed from a few overland bosses.
    Most sets found in trials are not worth the efforts and time and wipes. Why there is no real gold amount at the end? Instead I get the trash and others get trash.
    Why sets are still bind on pickup?
    The only one I could think about as good, The Infallible Mage, has such a low drop rate, seems impossible to collect all parts with a weapons even after ten of Sanctum Ophidias.
    And this damn lag everywhere inside...

1. You are running with the wrong groups. You shouldn't be wiping so much, and trials can be fun as hell when groups dont take themselves too seriously. And it's much easier to farm gear when everyone's sharing stuff they dont need.

2. I make 15-20k gold per trial. 12k+ just on plunder, then another couple thousand on selling trash, plus ores/ mats from heavy sacks, plus random recipes that go in guild trader. How much gold do you want to make?

3. Many of the sets found in trials are BiS - why would that not be worthwhile?

4. A trial takes 20-40 minutes, some a little longer maybe depending on group. That's not a terribly long time.
    PS4 [NA]
    Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
    Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
    Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
    Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
    vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
  • Redn3ck
    Redn3ck
    IA is the same 3 piece as Moondancer, so BiS a far as jewelry goes. (I inderstabd max stat is different the crit but I doubt the difference in dps is staggering)

Two Fanged Snake is BiS for Stam

Mending is great healer set to run other then worm.

All worth running trials for lol

• s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do Vet Trials, you will pretty much get all endgame loot you need in less than 10 runs. I'm talking full gold jewelry pieces and perfect trait set pieces.

What's really funny is that in one of my guilds, we do Vet Trials, and at the end, most people just end up vendoring their gold jewelry because it's so common that everyone has multiple full sets already. Same goes for armor pieces. Normal Trials give crap loot, but Vet Trials give you sooo much.
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do Vet Trials, you will pretty much get all endgame loot you need in less than 10 runs. I'm talking full gold jewelry pieces and perfect trait set pieces.

What's really funny is that in one of my guilds, we do Vet Trials, and at the end, most people just end up vendoring their gold jewelry because it's so common that everyone has multiple full sets already. Same goes for armor pieces. Normal Trials give crap loot, but Vet Trials give you sooo much.

My 0 Alkosh Defending swords and 0 Moondancer Sharpened Swords beg to differ
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure, you get your gold jewelry and body armor in a few runs.

But the weapons slots are hard to get.

For example, I have 106 clears of vMoL (plus many clears of nMoL). I vendor all the gold jewelry that I get from there and decon all the armor pieces. I still do not have a sharpened Moondancer lightning staff, I still don't have a sharpened Moondancer fire staff, and I still don't have a defending Alkosh sword (I do have a defending axe that I use on my tank, but aesthetics matter, and swords look better. Don't judge. :P). 10 runs? LOL.
    Edited by code65536 on April 14, 2017 5:43PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • komodozermike
    komodozermike
    ✭✭
    That awkward moment when you've been playing ESO for close to a year....and still have no idea what a "trial" is...
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That awkward moment when you've been playing ESO for close to a year....and still have no idea what a "trial" is...

There are technically six trials in ESO and it usually refers to any pve content that gives you a score and has leaderboards (on veteran) The trials are: Maelstrom Arena (in the Wrothgar DLC, solo), Dragonstar Arena (Craglorn, 4 person), Hel Ra Citadel (Craglorn, 12 person), Aetherian Archive (Craglorn, 12 person), Sanctum Ophidia (Craglorn, 12 person), and Maw of Lorkhaj (Thieves Guild DLC, Reapers March, 12 person)

However, when someone usually says trial, then refer only to the 12 person trials
    Edited by Oompuh on April 14, 2017 6:11PM
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • komodozermike
    komodozermike
    ✭✭
    Thanks. I've just been patiently leveling my character in PVE and will tackle trials/PVP and other group content once I complete gold and silver. It's going to be like playing another game!
    Edited by komodozermike on April 14, 2017 5:50PM