Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is increasing Health viable?

TigerSeptim
TigerSeptim
✭✭
Hello, TigerSeptim here. I'm wondering about the viability of increasing Health rather than Stamina and Magicka. Here's why: I have a Nightblade who, for reasons lost to me, specializes in Bow and One-handed weapons. When using the latter and playing alone it's a given that I will have my tail handed to me. (Especially if I face an Elite enemy...) So I ask: In your experience, does increasing Health actually help one survive longer? So far my reasoning was, "I need plenty of magic and stamina for skills," but of course there are enchanted items to help with that.

Have at it, and J'skaan (the character I mentioned) thanks you.

Best Answer

• paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so guessing this is for PvE, Player vs Environment, most damage dealers run with about 17,000-20,000 health. What you want to do is focus your resources on one of the other two, so either stamina or magicka, not both. See damage and healing effectiveness of abilities scale based on not only your Weapon and spell power but Maximum resources as well. So seeing as you are a bow and one handed and shield user as a Nightblade, and from the sound of the name of the character it is a Khajiit you want to spend your points into Stamina. What you can do is if you don't already have it is to go with Food that increases Max Health and Max Stamina, that usually does the trick for most in regards to health. If you feel the need to get more be sure to level your undaunted skill line and get the undaunted Mettle passive. Gives you 1-2% extra Health, Magicka and stamina per type of armor you wear. So if you were 5 medium armor pieces and 1 light armor piece and 1 heavy armor piece you will gain a more Health and Stamina, which are things you will need.

Another thing you can do to survive better is to level your Alliance War Assault skill line a bit to get Vigor, its a strong heal that is based on Stamina. I know you might not like PvP all that much but trust me it won't take to long to get it and if you do it during prime time hours and run with a big group or simply follow the big packs then you can get it very fast and then get out of there. Though of course you might also like PvP in which case you might want to try and get caltrops too, good AoE ability. But yea other than that, don't go too much into Health.
    Answer ✓
  • TigerSeptim
    TigerSeptim
    ✭✭
    Thank you. Yes, I was rather turned off by PvP in The Old Republic, as it seemed to be the be-all and end-all of the game. There were even areas you couldn't visit for fear of being slaughtered by an opposing player of much higher level.

What levels the Undaunted skills?
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you. Yes, I was rather turned off by PvP in The Old Republic, as it seemed to be the be-all and end-all of the game. There were even areas you couldn't visit for fear of being slaughtered by an opposing player of much higher level.

What levels the Undaunted skills?

Completing Achievements that belong in the dungeon and veteran dungeon section as well as doing the pledges and other undaunted daily.