The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO: Morrowind Closed Beta Details"

• Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shinkhan wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

The race for new trial 1st completion is a very important thing for the comunity, by inviting only a few ppl to test this new contant then it means that this ppl will have a step ahead on averyone else. Do you think it is fair ?
    Chill @Shinkhan .... this is the norm for beta ..... no one gets a step ahead .....

What levels they test do not go to live as it is testing, all testers start from scratch just like everyone else .....

If you were worried that much about it, maybe you should of tested more in the past to have a chance you think may be a step ahead .....

• Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both The Elder Sages' Guild and our Friend-Guild The Moot founders actively started participating early in PC Closed Beta, July - August, 2013. Many were Zenithar Group testers, and part of the seminal Greybeards Discussion threads on the ESO Beta Forums, forming long-lasting friendships. Those discussions bore fruit as Greybeards went on to found some of the first Player Guilds, including our two which still exist today

Many continue to play ESO (including PTS) , myself included. You would find several Sages or Mooties are active on the ESO Forums and our respective Guild websites and Facebook groups.

We urge you to seriously consider Including Zenithar particpants and Greybeards in your selection search for the ESO Morrowind Closed Beta.

ESO%20Morrowind%20Beta%20Greybeards%201920px8755.png
    Edited by Auldjohn on April 6, 2017 5:46AM
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO: Morrowind Closed Beta Details. We're excited to announce that The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind is coming to our Public Test Server in just a couple weeks! Check out the article to learn the details about ESO: Morrowind on the PTS.

How can I get an invite for this? I was also participating in the ESO lauch beta :).
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO: Morrowind Closed Beta Details. We're excited to announce that The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind is coming to our Public Test Server in just a couple weeks! Check out the article to learn the details about ESO: Morrowind on the PTS.

How can I get an invite for this? I was also participating in the ESO lauch beta :).

I think many of us were in the ESO pre-launch beta, however that doesn't automatically give us the right to participate in the Morrowind beta. If you were a past PTS participant and actively submitted bug reports, then your chances might be pretty good on getting a invite. But if not, don't worry, there will be plenty of bugs you can find when it launches on June 6th :)
  • Fecius
    Fecius
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any chance that full PvE 12ppl squads will get a closed beta access? Testing trial is important for most of us...
    - Looking for Progress PvE Guild!
    - Ex Ætherius Eight / Ætherius Raid PC EU
    - World First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (1.5.8 at January 21, 2015)

- PvE Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer
    - YouTube

- Under sun and sky Outlander, we greet you warmly!
    - Под этим Солнцем и небом мы тепло приветствуем тебя!
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    altemriel wrote: »

I think many of us were in the ESO pre-launch beta, however that doesn't automatically give us the right to participate in the Morrowind beta. If you were a past PTS participant and actively submitted bug reports, then your chances might be pretty good on getting a invite. But if not, don't worry, there will be plenty of bugs you can find when it launches on June 6th :)

This basically..

The fun part is that past participation is such a major point. It is something in the past that cannot be changed anymore :)
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit offers the chosen ones many good wishes in their travels to test Vvardenfell.

This one would request please that there is considerable testing of the local booze and food. Also the fishing. Also all the wardrobes and cupboards. This one does not want to find a world that is empty of interesting things to collect.

Khajiit wishes to be sure she will be adequately fed, can get sufficiently sozzled and has sufficient business opportunities when she eventually travels to grumpy elf island.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    I have seen a list

:trollface:
    Edited by Alcast on April 6, 2017 8:16AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I qualify for the Morrowind beta but if you ever run a beta for new forums stuff I would be upset if you didn't consider me. :tongue:

I'm actually kind of hoping I don't get selected. I want to be able to experience all of Morrowind fresh on release like I did the original game. It's been sad to have guides and farming information all out in YouTube videos well before the previous updates have gone live.

I know it's the nature of such things but having guilds already know mechanics etc. for trials and dungeons makes the live experience less exciting.

Edited by Turelus on April 6, 2017 8:13AM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • LilySix
    LilySix
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Hi there !

I am a PS4 player and I recently bought the game also on PC in order to participate in the PTS (a means of making my contribution to the construction of the game).

When you say that previous entries will be taken into account does that mean that players like me will not have access to this beta despite their knowledge of PVE content for example, boss mechanics etc?
    GM Hangovers - PS4
    "Soyez vous -même, les autres sont déjà pris"
    Oscar Wilde

Youtube channel => C'est par ici
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very glad to hear about the closed beta!! I was worried all of the new and exciting Morrowind stuff would be spoiled from a public Morrowind PTS. Doing this will let us all experience this amazing addition to the game totally fresh on our Wardens :sunglasses:

One question: For the console version of ESO Morrowind, will steps be taken to ensure Trial performance issues (specifically crashing) are kept to a minimum in light of Halls of Fabrication being launched? The current problems in Homestead that endgame console PvEers are encountering would be a lot worse if they happened as frequently in the new trial since everyone will be running it!
  • LuluKreicer
    LuluKreicer
    ✭✭✭
    All this situation about closed beta looks a little unfair for PvE competition. Just bcs some ppl can try new trial and another can't. Any chances for special PvE raids invites?
    Edited by LuluKreicer on April 6, 2017 11:36AM
    Aetherius Community - Community Leader
    Wanna join? Just ask.

- World First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (1.5.8)
    - Russian First Maw of Lorkhaj Difficult Mode
  • AnnieK
    AnnieK
    ✭✭
    I have been debating pre-ordering Morrowind but my fear is with all this talk of PVP that the PVE will be limited or worse yet ruined by PVP and balancing. I absolutely hate anything PVP and if I play a game with PVP, I do not even want to know it exists.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think an extra qualification for selection for the beta should be the lack of any display of entitlement to be selected :wink: !
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Incoming answer dump!

Iyas wrote: »
    Stupid question but are bgs considered to be in the base patch or do we have to get an invite for that?
    Not a stupid question at all. Battlegrounds are part of the Morrowind chapter, so those will also be part of the invite.

dpencil wrote: »
    So if we don't get an invite we can't discuss class changes on the forums at all? And even if we do, we can only discuss them in the closed forum area? That seems odd since there's usually a lot of forum discussion over class changes, and the info on the changes themselves will be on the patch notes thread anyway.
    We'll be leaving the regular PTS section of the forums open for you to discuss changes in the base game patch. Even though you are agreeing to an NDA, these are essentially just bug fixes or minor quality-of-life additions and doesn't contain new content or big features. All discussion and feedback for Morrowind content will be in a private forum area.

TERAB1T wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Will NDA affect things like datamining? Will I be able to datamine new Crown Store items and post this info on forum, Reddit etc?
    As you are agreeing to the NDA before you log in, that will include information you're datamining. Posting datamined information from the PTS will be against the NDA.

MissBizz wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a foolish question, but from above I feel I need to ask it.

Will the base game changes be under NDA as well? As in, if a Templar skill changes etc. Seems like it will be quite difficult to enforce an NDA if it's open to everyone, and the PTS forum is public (can be read without an account).

[Edit] Ooooh I recall the console beta having it's own private forum, so as mentioned in the article the Morrowind invitees will definitely be in a private forum... but base game stuff?
    While all content on the PTS is under NDA, as mentioned above we will be allowing regular conversation in the current PTS forum surrounding base game content as these are largely just bug fixes and general improvements to the existing game.

frethopper wrote: »
    I would like to sign up for the closed beta, but every time I browse to the signup page I get redirected to the age gate, whether I've already been through it or not. I don't have this issue with any other part of the website. Anyone suggest where the issue might be?
    There is no sign up for this - we are simply sending out invites based on our own criteria.

Does this mean there are no significant class balance changes in the base game patch?
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    While all content on the PTS is under NDA, as mentioned above we will be allowing regular conversation in the current PTS forum surrounding base game content as these are largely just bug fixes and general improvements to the existing game.

Does this mean there are no significant class balance changes in the base game patch?

This concerns me, as well. We hear about changes to Champion System, and dropping the Warden in should have a ripple effect across all of the rest of the classes and skills. Maybe they intend to lock that behind "Morrowind Beta" on the PTS so it is all hidden from the rest of us.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to test this time . I'd like it to be a surprise on live after some glitches are gone . Besides , that means less people farming nodes while testing and I will be heavily harvesting mats .
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed here!

I very much enjoy testing things on the PTS and I liked to participate on the base game's beta too (my Bosmer still has the beta monkey following her everywhere).
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Shinkhan
    Shinkhan
    ✭✭
    Balibe wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

The race for new trial 1st completion is a very important thing for the comunity, by inviting only a few ppl to test this new contant then it means that this ppl will have a step ahead on averyone else. Do you think it is fair ?
    Chill @Shinkhan .... this is the norm for beta ..... no one gets a step ahead .....

What levels they test do not go to live as it is testing, all testers start from scratch just like everyone else .....

If you were worried that much about it, maybe you should of tested more in the past to have a chance you think may be a step ahead .....

Dont get me wrong, i dont want anyone to get a step ahead of anyone (not even me) and this is 1st. 2nd it is PTS so noone starts from scratch as you are saying, there will be templates and after that the chars from live servers will be on pts and yes ppl will already have the chance to test mechanincs in the new trial and find solutions before the others. 3rd, Dude i am chilled and i am not worried, am just makinga point and saying that this will affect everyone who is not invited for the closed beta, so please this "wise" sentances you can keep them for yourself.

Shinkhan
  • LilySix
    LilySix
    ✭✭✭
    Balibe wrote: »

Dont get me wrong, i dont want anyone to get a step ahead of anyone (not even me) and this is 1st. 2nd it is PTS so noone starts from scratch as you are saying, there will be templates and after that the chars from live servers will be on pts and yes ppl will already have the chance to test mechanincs in the new trial and find solutions before the others. 3rd, Dude i am chilled and i am not worried, am just makinga point and saying that this will affect everyone who is not invited for the closed beta, so please this "wise" sentances you can keep them for yourself.

Shinkhan

And that's a very good point...

Famous youtuber will be on this beta.. There guilds will have a very good advantage....
    Edited by LilySix on April 6, 2017 3:17PM
    GM Hangovers - PS4
    "Soyez vous -même, les autres sont déjà pris"
    Oscar Wilde

Youtube channel => C'est par ici
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert It's bad enough to limit raid testing to just 6 weeks, but then to make it closed testing is a really questionable move. For one thing we don't want to repeat the messy launch that Maw had with mechanics just outright failing to work as designed (troll pillars and the random color assignments on the twins as example) and adding the NDA on it gives the impression that the content is in a really messy state that you don't want discussed.

I know people on these forums hate when World of Warcraft is brought up but their PTR is open to everyone like this one usually is and they have had raid testing for the upcoming Tomb of Sargeras raid going on for over a month already and its still something like 10 weeks away from going live. It's important that this content is properly tested to ensure a smooth launch and killable bosses. I would also like to see you follow the WoW approach to raids where content patches go live but the raid is delayed a week or two to give people time to play the new content before they disappear into a raid for a few weeks.
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    @ZOS_RichLambert It's bad enough to limit raid testing to just 6 weeks, but then to make it closed testing is a really questionable move. For one thing we don't want to repeat the messy launch that Maw had with mechanics just outright failing to work as designed (troll pillars and the random color assignments on the twins as example) and adding the NDA on it gives the impression that the content is in a really messy state that you don't want discussed.

I know people on these forums hate when World of Warcraft is brought up but their PTR is open to everyone like this one usually is and they have had raid testing for the upcoming Tomb of Sargeras raid going on for over a month already and its still something like 10 weeks away from going live. It's important that this content is properly tested to ensure a smooth launch and killable bosses. I would also like to see you follow the WoW approach to raids where content patches go live but the raid is delayed a week or two to give people time to play the new content before they disappear into a raid for a few weeks.

To add onto this, Console needs some sort of testing. We still have unplayable raids and this could of been resolved earlier if Homestead was play tested before launch and we wouldnt have a broken Maw of Lorkhaj
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oompuh wrote: »
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »

To add onto this, Console needs some sort of testing. We still have unplayable raids and this could of been resolved earlier if Homestead was play tested before launch and we wouldnt have a broken Maw of Lorkhaj

It would be nice to have a console pts but I'm not sure how effective it would be given the patch verification process consoles require.
  • CREEP
    CREEP
    ✭✭
    @HeroOfNone I remember you talking about Morrowind PTS in your stream. Here is the info bud. Hope you get selected. Keep up the good work.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CREEP wrote: »
    @HeroOfNone I remember you talking about Morrowind PTS in your stream. Here is the info bud. Hope you get selected. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! And yes I was planning a lot of testing, need to read over the NDA carefully and see what can and can't be discussed. I know a lot are already planning to go in and release reviews & builds based on PTS testing, but I'm going to try to honor the NDA and release most stuff at release. Most important thing is going to be testing and feedback.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • the_Beard
    the_Beard
    ✭✭✭
    Re-posting here, because I didn't know this about this zos-created thread originally, only the one that popped up in general discussion.

That's the part that worries me about the idea of a closed beta. There doesn't seem to be that many devoted guilds anymore that go into the PTS with a full 12-man group that can progress through a new trial and find bugs along the way ( alot of trial groups ended up breaking apart over maw/maw hm ). I can think of maybe 4 groups on PC NA that might do it, and take it seriously enough to devote a lot of time to it. If lets say 3 people per guild got an invite, whats the likelihood that all of them will coordinate together, and form a mixed-guild 12-man group? My guess is not likely. Most of the people in core groups for Mundus, MC, FiF don't know or don't play with each other, but I don't think that a few people from each guild would be enough to give solid data and feedback on a new trial. It sounds like it worked okay during the playtesting event at Zos, I just don't see it working out too well in real life, where people have schedule conflicts, etc.

Though I could be wrong, maybe enough invites will go out to accomplish at least a few solid groups to run the trial on PC NA. I get it though, they want to keep everything a surprise, and probably don't want a bunch of guilds leaking info on the new trial, or to have a competitive advantage when it comes to release date.
    theBeard - PC NA cp1200+
    • Scores: vCR 127,735 | vHoF 213,293 | vAS 113,203 | vMoL 160,447 | vSO 177,706 (WR) | vHRC 154,658 | vAA 147,466 | vDSA 46k
    • Gryphon Heart / Immortal Redeemer / Tick-Tock Tormentor / Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    • Flawless Conqueror x11 - All Classes Mag & Stam
    • 32k+ Achievement Points (global)
    • Former Emperor / Grand Master Crafter / Master Angler
    • AR Palatine Rank 35
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    saf227_ESO wrote: »
    Again, just to reiterate, invites will be going out once the PTS is updated with Morrowind and Update 14 in a couple weeks. They have not been sent yet. :)

Pfft.
    I got my email invite!!
    It's from a Nigerian Daedric Prince. He says I need to wire sacrifice 1M gold to him to "process" my invite.

Hmmmm.

I'll get back to you on this.

;)

Sounds legit...
  • charlmgn
    charlmgn
    ✭✭✭
    Please allow me to present my resume of my history of playing ESO for your consideration. Should you decide to proceed to Closed Beta without inviting me, I feel certain that any data you get will be flawed and incomplete, rendering your efforts less effective than they might otherwise be. Only those players of the highest caliber and longevity, like myself, can truly provide the assistance Zenimax needs to make this a smooth transition to ESO's next phase while maintaining the security needed to avoid leaks and spoilers. Having said all that, now... where was I?
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, just want to make sure I'm understanding everything ive read on these 2 posts. So what you (ZOS) are saying is that we will be allowed to use the PTS, but we wont be allowed to test the warden or the morrowind part of it unless we are invited?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I hope we can test the warden :/ And if this is the case i hope they have spots for "newer players" as well. I didnt beta test, and i didn't always have ESO for PC, because i have it on xbox, but I've tested the last 3 updates, and im sure there are other console players who have had it on both platforms longer and test as well. But idk if that's enough or how many people they are letting in.. Anyway, just wanted to double check if i was right or wrong.
    Edited by eso_lags on April 9, 2017 2:48AM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno does list of invited to closed beta will be listed on forum or anywhere, so they would know about being invited/didn't receive mail despite being chosen and could cooperate and coordinate with other inviteers for tests?
    Edited by Cinbri on April 9, 2017 7:20AM