Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Absurd Hp base for my Nightblade

Sckazy
Sckazy
Hey fellow vestiges,

One point has been bothering so much and couldn't find anything to amend to it and was wondering If I was doing or done something wrong to end up with so low health for my Dark Elf nightblade (Yes dark elf, wasn't conscious about racials and will surely change him to Bosmer or Khajit soon).

The main issue is that I'm 191 CP Nightblade with 9000 Hp, which is ridicoulus... I've searched everything and CP points don't affect at all the Max Health, maybe the health regen but not Max health. Which then leaves me with the gear and passives.

I've watched over hundereds and hundreds of guide vids and every single one of them are running atleast with 20k-21k Hp and miticoulisy checked their Gear and what they would run is just Prismatic enchant, adding perhaps 434 Hp.

That being said, even if I echant all my gear Hp and use Undaunted passive (which would only add 2% or 3%) I would reach 14K-15k hp which is still low.

Yesterday, I created a Dragonknight to change a bit and at my surpise, the toon is bulk naked and has 16K hp. That left me to only assume that the base starting health for each Class is different which would make sense, Nightblade are more like gankers and are very squichy but still, after searching I learned that all classes shared the same starting base stats.

I'm running 5 pieces Vicecannon and 5 piece Hawk's eye and 2 piece of Black rose just so I can get the +1K hp to reach my misirable 10K hp (6 medium, 1 heavy).
Am I supposed to keep food buffs at all time and sacrifice my Stam for Hp?

On certain location, I do get extra Hp (Cyrodil or Imperial not sure) but still I'm wodering what I'm doing wrong and if any of you could enlighten me on this matter!

Much appreciated!

Sckazix.
☠ For the Pact ☠
EU
PC/PS4
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main a Dunmer Nightblade and surely there is no way you should have 9k HP when into Champion Ranks.
    That's way below what would be expected of anyone at that level to my understanding, unless I am way out of touch with the game, sounds more like something weird is going on.

At CP 600 I have the following for about 18k HP.
    10 Attribute Points.
    200 CP spent in red constellations.
    Max Health + Magicka Food.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Health, like all max stats, is affected by cp spent in corresponding constellations, 1 red cp is roughly +0.01% to your max health.

Base stats for all classes are the same, but classes and races have different passives, plus it you're talking about low level toon, nevermind them, that's battle leveling at work compensating you for being naked ;) As you level up, battle leveling gets weaker and eventually goes away.

For hp, do get those UD passives(they mean more than you'd think with how all the % stack), make sure you use cp 150 food(or one that scales to your level) and enchant a few gear pieces with health if it's still not enough(I did it on my healer to hit at least 17k, my sorc is sitting on like exactly 16k health, 18 with pet out because sorc op).
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    eat pray love
  • Sckazy
    Sckazy
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Health, like all max stats, is affected by cp spent in corresponding constellations, 1 red cp is roughly +0.01% to your max health.

If spending points on red constellation does increase Hp then that must be it. it's wierd that they implemented that way instead of Ongoing or Passive tree. I can only assume then, that the same goes for Mage tree: Magicka, and Thief's tree: Stamina, inscrease their max stat respectively for each points randomly spent on them.

So far I only spent 61 points on Warrior constellation and mainly on Hardy & Elemental defender.

But like you said, adding small % from each passive, they would stack and end up for roughly 15k-16k hp, then use food buff to have a decent amount.

Until I reach a high CP lvl, I would have to sacrifice other stats and balance it a bit. until then may the God of scheme be with me and spam Rally & Vigor....

☠ For the Pact ☠
    EU
    PC/PS4
  • Sckazy
    Sckazy
    I should point out that I went ham on Stamina attribute points as every video suggested, maybe that's something I should reconsider and add atleast 10 points into HP like @Turelus suggested
    ☠ For the Pact ☠
    EU
    PC/PS4
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This still doesn't sound right to me.

Back when we were all VR16 we never had Nightblades with base 9k HP. I don't think the CP will ad 9k over the 173 CP of whatever OP is missing.

Also shouldn't all characters regardless of race/class without any invested SP/CP have the same base health? Have you done a full skill/attribute/CP reset on two character OP to check they're equal?
    Sckazy wrote: »
    I should point out that I went ham on Stamina attribute points as every video suggested, maybe that's something I should reconsider and add atleast 10 points into HP like @Turelus suggested
    It might be worth it but I am still confused why it's so low. As I said it's sadly been a long time since I was there but when I do a reset I rarely find myself that low on health without SP/CP spent.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everything sounds totally right. Easy solution to your problem, eat food that increases your max hp and your max stam.
  • Sckazy
    Sckazy
    Turelus wrote: »
    Also shouldn't all characters regardless of race/class without any invested SP/CP have the same base health? Have you done a full skill/attribute/CP reset on two character OP to check they're equal?

I know right? That's what's bugging me so much...
    Already reseted my Attributes once, and Skill points many many times, I switch a lot between 2H and Dual wield.

But still other nightblades I see have way more Hp than me and aren't higher level than I am.

I'll try to provide screenshots of my toon as soon I can so you can see the struggle and maybe notice something that I didn't.
    Everything sounds totally right. Easy solution to your problem, eat food that increases your max hp and your max stam.

For sure yeah! but I don't see any food increasing your hp by 10k :/
    ☠ For the Pact ☠
    EU
    PC/PS4
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

OP(from my understanding) is comparing a lvl 3 that's getting full benefits of battle leveling to a cp 160+ character that is no longer getting any. To compare them appropriately he'd either need to level his new DK to lvl 50 and get him same gear/food/stuff or make a brand new NB, which would also profit from battle leveling at level 3 and have same op health.
    You said you have 9k base, so +5k from food, +6% from UD, something like +4% from 400 more cp, I think +2% for 1 heavy piece and you'll get the ~16k glass canons have. To get more you'll need health enchants; personally I wouldn't bother with changing attributes because it's easier to change enchants/gear when you want to change something than respec atributes every time but that's up to you. Also keep in mind a lot of people are running sets with 1 or 2 max health bonuses such as some monster sets and/or, for example, TBS(not saying you have to run these but that'd explain higher health on some other people).

For now, if I were you, I'd just enchant 2-3 armor pieces with health. If you still feel squishy, make it all 7 enchanted with health or perhaps wear 2 heavy+5 medium until you get that UD passive.

Sounds about right to me, I have 11k base on my sorc I think but I do have UD passive and 600 cp.
    Edited by Magdalina on April 6, 2017 12:08PM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »

OP(from my understanding) is comparing a lvl 3 that's getting full benefits of battle leveling to a cp 160+ character that is no longer getting any. To compare them appropriately he'd either need to level his new DK to lvl 50 and get him same gear/food/stuff or make a brand new NB, which would also profit from battle leveling at level 3 and have same op health.
    You said you have 9k base, so +5k from food, +6% from UD, something like +4% from 400 more cp, I think +2% for 1 heavy piece and you'll get the ~16k glass canons have. To get more you'll need health enchants; personally I wouldn't bother with changing attributes because it's easier to change enchants/gear when you want to change something than respec atributes every time but that's up to you. Also keep in mind a lot of people are running sets with 1 or 2 max health bonuses such as some monster sets and/or, for example, TBS(not saying you have to run these but that'd explain higher health on some other people).

For now, if I were you, I'd just enchant 2-3 armor pieces with health. If you still feel squishy, make it all 7 enchanted with health or perhaps wear 2 heavy+5 medium until you get that UD passive.

Sounds about right to me, I have 11k base on my sorc I think but I do have UD passive and 600 cp.

5k from food, the rest from % bonuses. You can add another 3% from Dark Vigor (NB passive) and 8% from Structured Entropy (Mage's guild), if absolutely have to. Throw one piece of light armor on for 5-1-1 will net you another 2%, also, vice 5-2 (heavy/medium) and you won't lose that much mitigation.

As already recommended, make your adjustments using glyphs (Armor) or healthy trait jewelry (+~1k health per piece)

Easier and cheaper than respeccing attributes. Jewelry can be repurchased or swapped in/out situationally. Armor enchants (with the exception of tri-stat) are relatively cheap and quick.

Even changing to the Lord mundus (for now) can net you an extra 2k health or so until you get higher CP's, with the only cost being a little time.
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on April 6, 2017 1:11PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I supposed to keep food buffs at all time and sacrifice my Stam for Hp?

Blue or purple food (or new Dubious Camoran drink) and you are good to go--increase health AND stamina.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Sckazy
    Sckazy
    @Merlin13KAGL @Magdalina

Would make sense that since I'm still low on CP, I'm still low on health, any other attribute is good thought.

Even with my low health, I'm still able to sustain and was more thinking that I'm doing something wrong, but since this applies to everyone, all what's left for me is to grind those CP points and use some health food & enchat to secure my life :smile:

Thanks guys for your help! appreciated the community reactivity!
    ☠ For the Pact ☠
    EU
    PC/PS4
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You bet. Also, something to bear in mind with the Prismatic enchant, unless you're really going for every last little bit and have plenty of $$$ or time to farm, those are best left to Chest, Head, and Leg pieces for most players.

It basically works out to "buy 2, get one free" on stats. For instance if you put a full Stam glyph on chest and a full Health glyph on Head, you'd get +S +H, obviously. Put prismatics on both and you still get the +H +S, but you also get +M (without requiring a third glyph, or a piece to put it on.)

Not saying putting it on the minor pieces won't make a difference, but putting it on all four minor pieces will still only net you about 1k more of the 'free' stat. The "buy 2, get 3" thing still applies, but you only get about 40% enchant potency on minor pieces, so it takes twice as much, basically, to get the same effect from a minor piece as a major.

If you have the $ or the time, and really want that extra bit, you can't beat them. But for most, it's unnecessary given the cost.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9k ish is the baseline for all stats without any additional points spent to in increase them.
    There are plenty of ways to get your health baseline higher.

My Stamblade sits at ~18k unbuffed and ~22k with food.
    :smile:
  • Sckazy
    Sckazy
    SirAndy wrote: »
    My Stamblade sits at ~18k unbuffed and ~22k with food.
    :smile:

Yes! that's what's was trying to reach as I saw most blades do have that exact same amount, I tried to burn the steps and realisied I still have to do some farming to achieve it :)
    It basically works out to "buy 2, get one free" on stats. For instance if you put a full Stam glyph on chest and a full Health glyph on Head, you'd get +S +H, obviously. Put prismatics on both and you still get the +H +S, but you also get +M (without requiring a third glyph, or a piece to put it on.)

I was about to buy them to test them out but I was wondering if they scale to major or small armor piece as the selling stats were always the same. It's basically free stats when used properly on major piece! You saved me money there xD

They made it so you slowly increase your stats to the point of being really OP and can't wait to get a final build. Zeni might nerf many things on the next patch as people take on 1v8's, take skills tho..
    ☠ For the Pact ☠
    EU
    PC/PS4
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Use food.

Tri-stat food for PvP

Bi-stat food for PvE

Then there's all sorts of other food that gives regen + health.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade