Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Strong all rounder?

badger333
badger333
Hey all /wave

I am returning and moving from PS4 to PC, I have been away for some time and was going to return to dable in both PvE and PvP, my main issue is I like to DPS or tank in PvE and in PVP I like mostly just DPS, I wanted to roll sorc but obviously a magicka sorc can't do the tank part in PvE, or can it? any suggestions on race/class combinations would be much appreciated! :)
  • rkuczy01
    rkuczy01
    badger333 wrote: »
    Hey all /wave

I am returning and moving from PS4 to PC, I have been away for some time and was going to return to dable in both PvE and PvP, my main issue is I like to DPS or tank in PvE and in PVP I like mostly just DPS, I wanted to roll sorc but obviously a magicka sorc can't do the tank part in PvE, or can it? any suggestions on race/class combinations would be much appreciated! :)

Ideally, you will need to decide between tank or DPS. Each class/race can have skills to help you survive. The next decision from there is solo/group. You can always work skills and change your bars up based on your content and situation.

I play a Mag Sorc for PvE and I solo just fine using shields to keep me protected and I keep my distance. With Stam builds you can always use Vigor or Rally to help heal on top of using food and pots.
    Go Big or Go Home
    Talk is Cheap
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been playing long enough to be an expert, so all I can tell you is NOT nightblades. They're not as good in PvE as any of the other classes. In fact, a lot of people say they're dead last in PvE.
    Edited by SydneyGrey on April 5, 2017 5:47AM
  • rkuczy01
    rkuczy01
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I haven't been playing long enough to be an expert, so all I can tell you is NOT nightblades. They're not as good in PvE as any of the other classes. In fact, a lot of people say they're dead last in PvE.

Not true, you just need to know how to play them. Any Stam build for PvE can be viable, it is all about the rotation and mastering it. I play a stamblade and do just fine in terms of DPS.
    Go Big or Go Home
    Talk is Cheap
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest DK. Templars are my second choice.

Mag DK in heavy armor is a PvP monster, and light armor mag DK has one of the best single target PvE DPS... you will always be more than welcome in a trial.

I main a mag DK and I'm usually tanking as mag tank. It's a blast, would highly recommend a mag DK PvE tank.

Templar is in my opinion the most versatile class, as he can do all three roles very well.
    If geared properly, a templar (both mag and stam) can be a PvP force.

The only thing to notice is that both classes are close combat DDs.
    Sorcerers can perform as top DPS while always being on a safe distance.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • badger333
    badger333
    OK :) thanks for the response! I get the idea it can be any class basically, I ended up with stam blade but templar may well be next on the list!
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina dragon knight good in pve pvp tanking and dps level sword board duel wield bow and two hander. Redguard imperial orc are all good.
    Edited by DHale on April 6, 2017 3:43PM
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.