Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Defeating Mannimarco.

• Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    hmmm.... I did get around to beating him. I've done it on two characters now. There are key things to know.
    • You need AoE to take out the adds quickly, they are extremely weak and die quickly, though SB works almost as well if you're a Magicka Build.
    • His "Deathstrike" perk is deadly, learn to recognise the tell for him using it and interrupt him.
    • It's a long battle, no matter what build you have, so don't rely on your perks just use the heavy and light attacks, conserving your stats, using the perks to heal and AoE the adds.

Also remember it's always harder to play if you don't have a practiced healing function set up for your character.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • beryllium
    beryllium
    Soul Shriven
    I dont HAVE any selfheals. I ran out of EVERY potion i have during this fight. I died 45 times now. And the way back is BLOCKED.

I played the story line to this point, Mannimarco and after about 5 different 4 hours of gameplay, and about 60 deaths I just quit. I even overleveled only to discover after level 50 I lost my ultimate with him. I'd go in with 4 sets of armor including heavily enchanted, etc. and tons of potions that my friends, who took pity on me, would share. Nothing. Could not kill him. Thought it was a bug but ESO tech said no...I'm not the world's most experienced MMO fighter, but this was crazy. I've watched a ton of Youtube videos and read forums and as far as I could see, many other players would do the same things with the same armor/weapons and yet he would take more damage. I don't get it, but it took the fun out of ESO for me because I could never move past Coldharbour without finishing off Molag Bol. Mannimarco just stood in my way. I don't know if Bethesda has improved this gameplay (Mannimarco) in some way? I stopped playing about 7 or 8 months ago. My character was a level 50 V1 by then, but between level 40 and 50 I was never able to kill Mannimarco. Sigh.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My character beat him at VR1, and so did my wife's shortly thereafter. It was close, and he nearly whacked my NB several times. Did a lot of running around and healing, while sniping at Mannimarco.

Wife had an easier time at it as a sorcerer.

Still, too bad he can't be grouped, this being an MMO and all.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaxq wrote: »
    I dont HAVE any selfheals. I ran out of EVERY potion i have during this fight. I died 45 times now. And the way back is BLOCKED.

Your a lvl 41 NB with no self heals? So there isn't Siphon ability with a self HoT on it ?

Clearly this is a player ability issue as the fight is crazy easy.

And if i didnt skill Syphoning? So your telling me im supposed to use one of three skill lines to be able to finish this quest? and if i didnt, then im screwed? Dude. thats what i said the whole time. i DID NOT ONE POINT INTO SYPHONING and i DONT HAVE THE SKILLPOINTS TO DO. Are you slow?[

So you think if your fantasy is come in to the greatest necromancer in history of tamriel naked and bare handed you should be able to kill him? Its a very important fight, go and prepare for it.
    Edited by sadownik on June 23, 2015 2:41PM
  • LillyAngel
    LillyAngel
    ✭✭
    You guys are really struggling to beat him? I thought it was actually quite easy. I am a lvl 41 Dunmer DK and i killed him like in 25sec or so... it felt longer but it was really that short. Well... my Standard ultimate did the most work but yeah, didn't even need to use a potion or green dragon blood. At first when i saw his health bar i thought... is this a group fight? LOL, but when i jumped at him, bang... he kept moving but once he stayed in one place... boom, standard of might and beat the shite out of him... his health was going down faster than i could fart :) . Didn't do much really, after dropping standard and just beat his ass with the whip... and yeah, i did try to stay away from those red AOE areas... but all in all, this was pretty easy. I guess, i just learnt how to play my class (not trying to judge anyone).

Edited by LillyAngel on June 28, 2015 12:11PM
    Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
  • TheEmoVampire
    TheEmoVampire
    ✭✭✭
    Manimarco has never changed seriously i beat him in two minutes in Oblivion, and this fight only took me 5 minutes
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    beryllium wrote: »

I played the story line to this point, Mannimarco and after about 5 different 4 hours of gameplay, and about 60 deaths I just quit. I even overleveled only to discover after level 50 I lost my ultimate with him. I'd go in with 4 sets of armor including heavily enchanted, etc. and tons of potions that my friends, who took pity on me, would share. Nothing. Could not kill him. Thought it was a bug but ESO tech said no...I'm not the world's most experienced MMO fighter, but this was crazy. I've watched a ton of Youtube videos and read forums and as far as I could see, many other players would do the same things with the same armor/weapons and yet he would take more damage. I don't get it, but it took the fun out of ESO for me because I could never move past Coldharbour without finishing off Molag Bol. Mannimarco just stood in my way. I don't know if Bethesda has improved this gameplay (Mannimarco) in some way? I stopped playing about 7 or 8 months ago. My character was a level 50 V1 by then, but between level 40 and 50 I was never able to kill Mannimarco. Sigh.

I'm surprise you can be overleveled for hit. The main story line, like the guild lines, matches your level. I did not realize that was only up to level 50. I assumed VR1 would be fine. Guess I was wrong. Sucks when Ult stops generating.

I never had an issue with Manimarco. Used a soft-hitting (but great at bash interrupting) DK tank at launch back in the day and have also used a Templar, though the Templar had the benefit of some CP buffs. And I am not particularly experienced in tactical combat. Perhaps I was lucky with my build.
  • Swampfox
    Swampfox
    ✭✭
    Im a lvl 41 NB. Cant beat him. Simply cant. i dont even get 10% off of his hp when im swarmed by all kinds of adds. i ran out of healing pots, i destroyed my equipment, and now i cant even get away from there?

Help!

It actually sounds like your wasting resources and rushing the fight to the point of panic

I have found that resource management and taking your time is the key

i used a healing staff and kept away from him even though i was a Bow / DW user

The hasty retreat passive is really handy after a dodge roll when you need to avoid the nasty red circle

Simply using the D or A key to strafe while keeping your character pointed in the right direction with your mouse will be beneficial (Much like most Boss Fights)

The adds can be handled with the healing staff as well and if you really need it just hit your Ultimate preferably Soul Tether to wipe them out

Its important to take your time during the fight

Use the highest Blue Drink you can as that regenerates more Stamina and Magicka than an Epic Recipe

Healing potions that will also replenish stamina and magicka are good to have when you need but casting healing springs with your healing staff should be adequate

Whether you want to use glyphs and decent armour and traits is up to you

Is this the only way to beat him ......Hell No :smiley:

Good Luck with it
    Swampfox

GM of OWL
    owlwolflegion.com
  • Vader3654
    Vader3654
    I was surprised to find this thread. I beat him today, first try. Didn't respect or anything, didn't use a potion. 45 DK with double fire staves. Lucky maybe? I crushed him and was disappointed. It was a longer fight than ive been used to, but I haven't done a dungeon yet so I don't have much to compare to it. Not trying to be a jerk, just sharing my experience. As someone said earlier, as a man aspiring to godhood, he shouldn't be a pushover but I felt more like a god than Mannimarco.
  • skillywilly_187
    This whole post just sounds wrong. Jaxom says: level 24 at mannimarco fight? huh?
    after reading all the comments im more confounded than ever.

wait what is my name again?
    why am i here??
    Edited by skillywilly_187 on July 13, 2015 11:31AM
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    This whole post just sounds wrong. Jaxom says: level 24 at mannimarco fight? huh?
    after reading all the comments im more confounded than ever.

wait what is my name again?
    why am i here??

This thread has necroed a few times. Back in v1.4 he was harder but doable if one spent the fight before dying observing his moves and then avoiding or countering them. I think it became slightly easier in v1.6 (and you could no longer over-level him so you had to do him "as is"). My Sorceror had problems, my Templar romped it, I expect my DK to roll him.

The ways to defeat him require holding energy for healing and interrupting him. By this I mean one has to be able to get in and interrupt specific actions whether it's by Teleport Strike, Critical Charge, Bolt Escape, Focused Charge or just beating on him in Melee. If you don't interrupt his deathstrikes then you are going to get beaten every time.
    Edited by Woolenthreads on July 13, 2015 11:05PM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Miqula
    Miqula
    I did it at lvl 40 as NB but had to use my bow and had to aoe the adds asap. I went fairly smooth considering I had heard it was hard at 40. It did take a few minutes but it was doable. Maybe check your spec and be sure to have some kind of aoe. I think I did change to werewolf at the end for self heals.
  • Mulk
    Mulk
    ✭✭✭
    this is a necro thread that ought to die, but since it hasn't...

As initially presented, he could be really frustrating if you weren't set up correctly for him. Too many people got the idea they should be able to burst him down and he had WAY too much health for that. You wanted an AoE to deal with adds, interrupt his big cast, avoid the inner ring of the double if you were meleeing, slot a self heal of some sort, and don't ability spam. I got a look at him in beta a few times before he got hit with the nerf bat a time or two and he used to be an incredible beast unless you were a self-proclaimed god among gamers. Since then, most of my advice still applies, it's just not as long a fight. My first kill of him took me fifteen minutes; some of that was caution as it was while he was bugged so you might be locked from him if you failed (beta is beta, right?) but I doubt I could have done it in 5, maybe not in 10. His health level is a fraction of what it was then. The initial poster's problem could be primarily be boiled down to the fact that he/she did not take the self heal ability available to the class he/she played. Most others I have talked to about this kept trying to burst him down, which was not how the fight was designed to work.

Completely willing to admit I had an advantage over most as I knew exactly what was coming when I fought him on live, so I don't say the fight is "easy." However, for most people he is doable as currently conceived if you will a) not stand in the poop, b) interrupt the nuke and c) AoE the adds while not button mashing your magicka and stamina skills so hard you drain yourself. If you fail at that, go practice on 3+ pulls in Coldharbour or elsewhere until you know how to not stand in poop, can in fact interrupt an important cast and learn not to ability spam while doing it. Then eat some food, take some health or magicka pots in with you and give it another go. You -can- do it.

As to Molag Bal being an overall weaker fight, that actually does make sense of a sort. Mannimarco is one of the most dangerous mortals who ever lived, and he's stronger as a result than almost any mortal; he's clearly your better in raw power. The fight as conceived would not work in your favor without the aid of your companions, you would be overwhelmed by portal spawns. Once you get powered up by the Amulet, you are a walking god, basically, on an even keel with Molag Bal and anyone else you take your sword (bow/staff/etc) against. He has more health and more outright punch, but he doesn't fight nearly as often as you do, and you are too strong for his normal "moves" (COWER PUNY MORTAL, etc) to work. So it's down to hand to hand combat against someone with more experience at it than he has and who is more motivated. It may be a touch anticlimactic but it does make sense in context.

I do have to admit to wondering what the public at large would have thought of beta Mannimarco, or the incredible pain the Circus of Cheerful Slaughter was before it got tuned some, and so on.
  • KraziJoe
    KraziJoe
    ✭✭✭
    I was level 42 and lost once because I didn't deal with the adds but the second time I took him out.

I had both pets up, hit him with Daedric Prey, Elemental Susceptibility and blasted him with Destructive Clench weaved with a powerful blast from my staff.
    When the adds come in, I Pulse them and they dropped pretty quickly. I moved around a bit and didn't spam any attack as I didn't want to grab aggro and he went down pretty quickly.
    I have pets and a good range attack. I stayed outside the rings and once I learned the fight, it was easy.
  • wrgagurl
    wrgagurl
    ✭✭✭
    Beat Mannimarco! Level 12, Nord Templar, 2nd try! Yippee!
    XBOX ONE X, NA
    530CP
    Magika Sorceror
    Magika Warden
    Magika Templar
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've closed this thread as it is more than a year old. As such we consider the thread to be a necro and therefore not permitted on The Elder Scrolls Online Official Forums. If an old thread strikes your interest, rather than post on the old one, we ask that you please create a new one.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.