The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vet CoS need some Veledrith Pro Tips

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I can usually talk the group through the dungeon, even the "Don't Move a Muscle" and when to dodge, and how to get the lights and make it back through the maze, but ultimately what ends up killing us off is the resource drain balls and build up of adds.

I've been successful as a DPS, but Leading a group tanking I keep falling short at the end. Feel terrible letting the group down, there's got to be something else I can do.

I read somewhere that purge can ease the effect of the drain. Maybe get the healer to run extended ritual instead of retribution.

It's frustrating af to get this far and then stall out.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I can usually talk the group through the dungeon, even the "Don't Move a Muscle" and when to dodge, and how to get the lights and make it back through the maze, but ultimately what ends up killing us off is the resource drain balls and build up of adds.

Avoid the orbs and kill the adds?

Not sure what advice do you need - how to ignore mechanics and just burn boss? You already follow other mechanics of this fight. So focus on avoiding the balls and if the dps is too low - kill adds.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks. I'm seeing some more videos, but they don't seem to put as much emphasis on the cleanse. I think it's a bit more important than what is being portrayed. The cleansing ritual seems to take care of the drains really good. I'm gonna put efficient purge on the bar....but it's very costly to use.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. I'm seeing some more videos, but they don't seem to put as much emphasis on the cleanse. I think it's a bit more important than what is being portrayed. The cleansing ritual seems to take care of the drains really good. I'm gonna put efficient purge on the bar....but it's very costly to use.

I've seen some healers run around gobbling up a few of the green/blue spores and then pop a magicka potion to throw a purge and they seem to run through it fine. I'd only recommend this if your healer's capable of doing it as while it's effective, if you're doing Hardmode it's also fairly risky. Note; To my knowledge red spores aren't effectively purged (someone can correct me if I'm wrong), so they need to be mindful of those. Good luck!
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have your tank slot his most costly Ultimate but not use, so you get only health bubbles.

Have you healer slot Purge skill and use it near whoever gets one or more health bubbles and outheal the damage.

That is how I got the skin. Blue bubbles are certain death, Green ones are terrible if close to Shadow Sense. Health bubbles are way more manageable if you use purge.

Have you DPSs use cheap ultimate and spend them as soon as they are available too.

That way you can get only Red bubbles the whole fight.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the tips. So it seems the draining orbs can be cleansed...good to know. and they can be directed to be of a certain type by tank choosing high cost ultimate. I can't wait to try it out.
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the tips. So it seems the draining orbs can be cleansed...good to know. and they can be directed to be of a certain type by tank choosing high cost ultimate. I can't wait to try it out.

Just so you know, they will drain the highest resource of the person that gets Ultimate eaten. So healer will be Magicka, dps will be stam or Magicka and tank health. And she will always eat the person with the highest Ultimate stored.

Sometimes it is good to explain the reasons so you can improvise if something does not go right.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hugocbp wrote: »
    Have your tank slot his most costly Ultimate but not use, so you get only health bubbles.

That's interesting. So she only spawns orbs from whatever their highest resource is? Are you positive about that? I'm pretty sure I've seen orbs of all 3 colors floating around at once, or would those be from her grabbing different people over the fight?

Far as advices go, yeah spores' drain can be cleansed. Have your healer spam purifying ritual(or whichever morph) when that sh- stuff starts floating around you. If you're on voicechat, people can just call out being out of resources and/or needing a purify. Don't forget that there're many ways that your healer can give drained resources back to the group too, shards, repenting dead ads(if they run Repentance), magicka orbs, magickasteal on everything etc. It's also a lot easier somewhere near a wall as opposed to the middle because it's somewhat easier to avoid spores there. As a tank, you should be taunting the ads, and dps should be focusing them over the boss(especially the cc-ing ones), but don't rush it, better to waste a few extra seconds with an ad on the loose than miss Veli's heavy trying to get a good view of the ad from behind her fat butt and get oneshot(happened to me a few times when I was tanking it :s )
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    Avoid balls. Kill the adds that stun first.

That's it really. If the adds are piling up your DPSers are either weak or focusing the boss too much.
    PS4 [NA]
    Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
    Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
    Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
    Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
    vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »

That's interesting. So she only spawns orbs from whatever their highest resource is? Are you positive about that? I'm pretty sure I've seen orbs of all 3 colors floating around at once, or would those be from her grabbing different people over the fight?

Far as advices go, yeah spores' drain can be cleansed. Have your healer spam purifying ritual(or whichever morph) when that sh- stuff starts floating around you. If you're on voicechat, people can just call out being out of resources and/or needing a purify. Don't forget that there're many ways that your healer can give drained resources back to the group too, shards, repenting dead ads(if they run Repentance), magicka orbs, magickasteal on everything etc. It's also a lot easier somewhere near a wall as opposed to the middle because it's somewhat easier to avoid spores there. As a tank, you should be taunting the ads, and dps should be focusing them over the boss(especially the cc-ing ones), but don't rush it, better to waste a few extra seconds with an ad on the loose than miss Veli's heavy trying to get a good view of the ad from behind her fat butt and get oneshot(happened to me a few times when I was tanking it :s )

Yes, I'm sure. If you keep this strategy you will only have health bubbles.

I've ran this dungeon about 30 times on the last weeks trying to get the skin (Hard Mode, Speed Run and No Death).

Velidreth will ALWAYS get the person with the most Ultimate STORED (that is why tank should use the most costly Ultimate and DPSs and healer use a cheap one and spend it as soon as it is ready). And when she gets someone, it will always pop bubbles of that player's highest max resource.

I tried relying on Purify but Purge is much more reliable and controllable. Tanks specially have a bunch of Synergies popping up like crazy and it is hard to hit the correct one. With Purge the healer just goes near the person whose health bar keeps draining even with heals and Purge.

As for positioning, I prefer keeping her in the middle. The tank also needs to avoid bubbles and keeping her near one of the walls seems to make this harder (I never tanked hard mode, just normal, so I don't have first hand experience with this).

Also, my group did much better when the tank focused only on Velidreth. The adds are not really that bad and it was safer, specially for No Death, to have them far away from her conal attack.

As you said, unless you get Magicka bubble or someone gets too many Health bubbles, the healer can help the group recover (except Stamina bubbles right before Shadow Sense).

Again, not sure if this is the best strategy for everyone. It is what worked very well for my group and we did get that ugly as hell skin.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) My vCoS farm runs typically have the tank hold their ultimate so that we get the red orbs. The tank just keeps an emergency ultimate like Barrier handy in case things go crazy. That's assuming that the tank has more health than the other two resource pools. Personally, I prefer orbs in the following order: red, blue, green. Even though I exclusively play magicka, I hate the green orbs because you need stam to break, block, and dodge.

2) Orb debuffs can be cleansed. As the healer, I will run both my ritual (as a way to cheaply cleanse myself and to offer a cleanse synergy for others) and Efficient Purge, as a way to cleanse someone quickly. As a magicka DPS, I like to slot Efficient Purge on my back bar (I replace Inner Light on the back bar) so that I don't have to rely on the healer and so that I can purge the snares in the maze. As a tank, I like to run Efficient Purge, so that I don't have to rely on the healer to cleanse me and so that I can help cleanse others when I can.

In short, I always have Efficient Purge somewhere, no matter what role I am. The reason is that the magicka drain is so fast that by the time I notice that I need a cleanse, make a call for it, and then the healer reacts it and cleanses, I would've lost far too much magicka. Being able to cleanse at will a few seconds sooner makes a difference. I've been in runs where all four of us had Purge or Ritual and everyone took care of themselves. It might be a bit overkill, but the number of times we've no-deathed Velidreth on HM suggests that it doesn't hurt to be overprepared.

(Also, as a healer or tank, I try to watch for the orb burst animations and throw out an Efficient Purge as soon as I see an orb burst, without waiting for someone to call it.)
    Edited by code65536 on March 30, 2017 10:54PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess you've got your current advice from the tanking side. As per usual when tanking your options are limited since your dps and healer need to be able to survive and that statue blast kills so many people it's not even funny anymore.

Summary of tips for everyone:
    1. Tank should spec with more health than mag or stam and tank should never cast an ultimate. Velidtreth will most often eat the tank's ult and red orbs/s&b adds will be the result.
    2. dps and healer should drop ults immediately. As a healer, I run repentence. It's a powerful heal, cheap af, and it gives my resources a break from all the purging.
    3. tank, healer and every dps that can spare the slot should have a purge.
    4. healer and dps should EVADE the statue blast rather than tank the blast whenever possible.
    5. DPS and healer should position themselves in a way that they can always keep an eye on the statue. You want to see that blast coming always. Tank should therefore position the boss such that the group can face the statue while to the side or behind velidreth.
    6. Everyone is responsible for mob positioning. If there is a mob that determined to kill you, you should be kiting it in towards the boss and tank so it can die to ground dots and aoe. Tank can also taunt or root adds when they are close by, but he can't help you if you are running around on the other side of the arena like a jackass.
    7. HM maze isn't too bad if you take a smart path. On each side, there is a more or less "J" shaped path you can take on both sides of the maze such that you can pass all doors without doubling back across the mob of instant death bugs.Take a minute to look at the map BEFORE you start velidreth and PLAN the path to take ahead of time.
    8. As a magsorc dps/tank, I slot purge, rapids, and dark deal on my overload bar. This allows very high mobility for both you and your partner in the maze. I was even able to drag a templar healer through the HM maze without an atro light using that combo. Since that particular skill setup only works on sorcs, everyone should slot a class skill for major expedition if possible.
    9. Stay alive. It sounds kind of obvious, but recovering from a death requires quite a bit of luck and things get out of hand very quickly without that luck. Your group's primary focus is to survive first, THEN deal damage.

Cheers
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I've ran this dungeon about 30 times on the last weeks trying to get the skin (Hard Mode, Speed Run and No Death).

Velidreth will ALWAYS get the person with the most Ultimate STORED (that is why tank should use the most costly Ultimate and DPSs and healer use a cheap one and spend it as soon as it is ready). And when she gets someone, it will always pop bubbles of that player's highest max resource.

I tried relying on Purify but Purge is much more reliable and controllable. Tanks specially have a bunch of Synergies popping up like crazy and it is hard to hit the correct one. With Purge the healer just goes near the person whose health bar keeps draining even with heals and Purge.

As for positioning, I prefer keeping her in the middle. The tank also needs to avoid bubbles and keeping her near one of the walls seems to make this harder (I never tanked hard mode, just normal, so I don't have first hand experience with this).

Also, my group did much better when the tank focused only on Velidreth. The adds are not really that bad and it was safer, specially for No Death, to have them far away from her conal attack.

As you said, unless you get Magicka bubble or someone gets too many Health bubbles, the healer can help the group recover (except Stamina bubbles right before Shadow Sense).

Again, not sure if this is the best strategy for everyone. It is what worked very well for my group and we did get that ugly as hell skin.

Fair enough, thanks for the insight :)

Personally I found avoiding bubbles easier by the wall, even on my tank, there's a sweet spot somewhere there where bubbles are much less dense and easier to step away from, plus it's a bit easier to be as far away from statue as possible so you get a tad bit more time for the spit to travel. You're right though, there're lots of strategies for this, gotta try and see what works best for you.

Oh and yeah. Never backtrack in catacombs, don't make those hoarvors happy lol.
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fair enough, thanks for the insight :)

Personally I found avoiding bubbles easier by the wall, even on my tank, there's a sweet spot somewhere there where bubbles are much less dense and easier to step away from, plus it's a bit easier to be as far away from statue as possible so you get a tad bit more time for the spit to travel. You're right though, there're lots of strategies for this, gotta try and see what works best for you.

Oh and yeah. Never backtrack in catacombs, don't make those hoarvors happy lol.

Nice! Each group will have their own strategies. One group I consulted before going for the skin had a DPS going around getting all blue/green bubbles everytime they spawned, hehe. My group didn't like that strategy that much.

And as a tank, you have to do what is easier for you. Our tank had an easier time in the middle, but if you are getting less bubbles near a wall, go for it. The important thing is that you get as little as possible.

And good luck! I honestly thought it would be 10x harder to get the skin than it actually was. Once you know the mechanics by heart, it is just a matter of finding the best strategy.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's frustrating af. I just can't seem to get a group to get through here.

The purge helps. Especially with a non Templar healer. Tank saving ultimate to make red balls seems to work also...if you can convince everyone else to use theirs up quick.

I have learned a few things myself along the way. Take the first boss to the light in hallway going in there. It won't go out.

The lady boss is so much easier if at least 2 people have ranged interrupt.

Tanking Dranos, run him around the room to kill the red shadow instead of having DPS collect them. Ranged interrupt helps in here quite well also.

Pull all the adds into small spaces to burn them down easier.

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tanking Dranos, run him around the room to kill the red shadow instead of having DPS collect them. Ranged interrupt helps in here quite well also.

As a DK tank you can also chain pull the adds into him and let him "eat" them. You only have to shift a bit so each add comes in pull range. There's an achievement for that [Divied he fell] or something like that. I haven't been able to get it yet because DDs are over eager to run to the adds and get their essence instead of waiting for them to get chained in.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Laughedgoose675
    There is a sweet spot that the tank can pull velidreth and not have to worry about taking orbs. When you walk up to the entrance to face her, look to the left of her and there is a spot under a window where you can face tank her. Have her back face where she was originally standing and let the dps burn the hell out of her. Don't forget to put a marker in the center of the map to make navigation thru the catacombs easier too.
  • Nidro
    Nidro
    ✭✭✭
    Who is Veledrith?
    - Champion Rank 1080 -

Argonian Warden Tank - Never-Fights-Alone
    Highelf Sorcereress - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Highelf Templar - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Imperial Dragonknight - Tank - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Khajiit Nightblade - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Redguard Templar - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Darkelf Nightblade - Magicka DD - Voice of Reason
    Imperial Sorcerer - Stamina DD - The Flawless Conquerer
    Redguard Dragonknight - Stamina DD
    Argonian Templar - Healer - Heals-all-Allies -
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is a sweet spot that the tank can pull velidreth and not have to worry about taking orbs. When you walk up to the entrance to face her, look to the left of her and there is a spot under a window where you can face tank her. Have her back face where she was originally standing and let the dps burn the hell out of her. Don't forget to put a marker in the center of the map to make navigation thru the catacombs easier too.

Thanks for this tip. It is indeed the best spot to tank her it seems. I've ran through here a few times over the weekend trying to get the motifs and only getting one from 7 runs. Gotta step it up to run hard mode LOL!

I've been having a time getting good DPS to run through it. My healer friend and me tanking can carry most anyone to the last boss, but then we stall out on her if the DPS can't pull their weight. Even one good DPS can't seem to carry a bad one. There are quite a few uninformed DPS out there. If they could just keep constant damage up it goes so much better. It doesn't have to be stellar, just constant. If you can pull just 10k DPS we can get you through here. Seriously.