The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Razer Mouse Questions

DemiDemon
DemiDemon
✭✭
I just got a DeathAdder and DeathStalker, I was wanting to use the extra buttons on the mouse to make it a bit easier to open my quick slot so I can rotate potions and food easier. Along with possibly using one of the buttons to consume it. Is any of that allowable at all? I do not wish to be banned or anything. Would changing the DPI mid-game count as a violation as well? I'm trying to avoid anything that may possibly get me banned from the game. So rather than try and set up stuff I'd much rather ask first. I love playing this game and do not wish to do anything at all that is remotely cheating.

I did not actually get it for this but rather the lighting, durability and comfort. I'm not 100% sure this is a macro or just mapping other buttons from within the game itself. To be honest, I don't even know how to make them. I'd rather be sure than lose everything. I have been playing a while and got a good character coming along so I'd rather not lose anything.

Oh, as a thought, is the gaming mode considered a cheat as well? I think it allows for 10 keys to be pressed at once? I'm not sure on how that bit of it works or is activated at all. Literally just got this keyboard, so, may have other questions to follow!
PC/Xbox One - NA
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mapping buttons is not a macro in the traditional MMO use of the term. You can map away. As for macros the answer is "it depends". Macros are not banned per se but if you are using macros to engage in boss fights or mine crafting nodes you can be seen as a bot and get banned.

I'm not familiar with the gaming mode but you should not have any issues with using and setting up these devices. The people being targeted for bans are those that are setting up macros to walk away from their computer and have their character continue to engage in activities while they're gone.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    As an edit I did some research quickly and it looks like any macro may cause a ban so I would avoid those out of caution. Button mapping is perfectly fine though.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • DemiDemon
    DemiDemon
    ✭✭
    @Surragard

Oh, no I definitely would not be setting something up to just walk away! I just wanted to put the quick slots onto my extra buttons so I can rotate and select much faster or use'em.

I don't know how to make or even use macros I just wondered if it would be considered that because it's a Razer mouse and it's using the extra buttons on it. Figured it wouldn't be but I don't know what would be considered against the rules like that or not on this as it's my first mouse/keyboard set with these kinds of buttons.
    PC/Xbox One - NA