The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP Gets More Ridiculous Each Patch: CAPS NEEDED!

• Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello softcaps!
    agfXPwd.png

Honestly old softcaps were too low to begin with.. I think it's a common sense today to make some changes on game mechanics, yet ZOS insisting to ignore all of us for no particular reason eventhough vast majority of ppl agrees in these subjects.
    -A higher threshold for softcaps and higher diminishing returns.
    -Merging stamina and magicka passives in cp (such as dmg, crit and penetration) for more hybrid love!
    -Removing the dmg/heal multiplier from resource pools.
    -And of course removing battle spirit debuffs.

Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP stats solve all the worlds problems, PvE sets have no business in Cyrodiil.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are builds that have 50k mag and 4100 spell damage* Suggested edit.
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    do guys remember how resource pools worked in asherons call? that game was pure <3

focus, coordination, strenght, endurance, and what else? oh man...
  • BoxFoxx
    BoxFoxx
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know. These discussions are getting tiresome.

In the end, maybe a new campaign should be started. Leave everything the way it is and make a new campaign that is tuned to balanced combat. Maybe we can satisfy both breeds of players. The ones who want to be gods and the ones who want to have a more traditional PvP combat experience.

The new campaign should have equal health pools across the board and very limited healing. The only difference separating a tank from other players would be more resistance, but just enough to surivive a gank but not always the battle.

I want to see a campaign with brutal fights and spawn points scattered between keeps. Kills and deaths should be abundant, a common occurrence, an equal chance at achievability in any confrontation (no leave him alone scenario because he's too tanky). No excessive survivability unless you're really good at evasion. Evasion should be the only survivability tactic when in a hot situation in this new campaign, not invincibility. AoE skills should cost double in this campaign.

I want grit, I want combat, I want brutality, I want a true war game in Cyrodiil.

*Imperial city would work better, probably the way it was intended. Would have to scale down NPCs though.
    Edited by BoxFoxx on March 30, 2017 4:27PM
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »

-Merging stamina and magicka passives in cp (such as dmg, crit and penetration) for more hybrid love!

Ah I love it.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zuto40 wrote: »
    Ive always worn medium armor and seeing some of these people in cyrodiil tank and level zergs in heavy armor makes me feel like im shooting myself in the foot then trying to beat usain bolt in a race, delete velidreth, selenes, grothdarr, pirate, malubeth, and troll king, limit max magic and stam to 40k, recov to 2k, wpn and spell dmg to 3500, max health to 28k, block % to 50%, remove all forms of block cost reduction in pvp, and would ya look at that cyrodiil is fixed

Break the game you mean? You think they could balance changes like this when they can't balance it now???
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    HA needs a slight nerf for sure. I have some ideas at least within cp how that could work.

For proc sets

I've always liked the idea that anything proc related should use a resource. I might even be ok with it still criting......maybe Also, some sets should have big costs, in particular hard hitting proc sets

So for example:
    An nb going for proc build with widow, venom, and velidroth could proc all three. However, in one instance would also use stam at the cost of an ability cost, so they would be very low on resources afterward.

What I like about that change is that:
    1. Wearing higher dmg sets that require smooth rotations and gameplay would be viable

2. Recognize that proc sets are not skill but do give players the option to glass cannon. Ok, so you do big burst but each proc is equal to a dizzy swing. Resource management becomes a bigger deal for these builds.

3. Some in the middle of the road sets may see some love. ESO has tons of sets that are ok, but just dont make the cut. They might be the middle road. For example, embershield of thunderbug.

Thoughts?

Well this wouldn't address the imbalance of rng or guaranteed burst based on gear outside skill cooldowns. So I don't quite see the point.

Proc builds are already countered of you ask me. Someone stacking from stealth should have great burst, but how often do you fight a night blade trying to gank and they fail, then they fight roll twice and are or of resources? All the time.

Stealth combat should be a part of the game. There are TONS of counters. Build variety is good.
  • BoxFoxx
    BoxFoxx
    ✭✭✭
    Ive always worn medium armor and seeing some of these people in cyrodiil tank and level zergs in heavy armor makes me feel like im shooting myself in the foot then trying to beat usain bolt in a race, delete velidreth, selenes, grothdarr, pirate, malubeth, and troll king, limit max magic and stam to 40k, recov to 2k, wpn and spell dmg to 3500, max health to 28k, block % to 50%, remove all forms of block cost reduction in pvp, and would ya look at that cyrodiil is fixed

Break the game you mean? You think they could balance changes like this when they can't balance it now???

It easy, when all they have to do is cap the stats in PvP. People can run any gear or setup they want, but while in Cyrodiil their stats cannot exceed the cap even with buffs up. Everyone knows is a simple fix. The super buff players will complain probably but it will balance out PvP.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxFoxx wrote: »

It easy, when all they have to do is cap the stats in PvP. People can run any gear or setup they want, but while in Cyrodiil their stats cannot exceed the cap even with buffs up. Everyone knows is a simple fix. The super buff players will complain probably but it will balance out PvP.

It's not that easy.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    HA needs a slight nerf for sure. I have some ideas at least within cp how that could work.

For proc sets

I've always liked the idea that anything proc related should use a resource. I might even be ok with it still criting......maybe Also, some sets should have big costs, in particular hard hitting proc sets

So for example:
    An nb going for proc build with widow, venom, and velidroth could proc all three. However, in one instance would also use stam at the cost of an ability cost, so they would be very low on resources afterward.

What I like about that change is that:
    1. Wearing higher dmg sets that require smooth rotations and gameplay would be viable

2. Recognize that proc sets are not skill but do give players the option to glass cannon. Ok, so you do big burst but each proc is equal to a dizzy swing. Resource management becomes a bigger deal for these builds.

3. Some in the middle of the road sets may see some love. ESO has tons of sets that are ok, but just dont make the cut. They might be the middle road. For example, embershield of thunderbug.

Thoughts?

Well this wouldn't address the imbalance of rng or guaranteed burst based on gear outside skill cooldowns. So I don't quite see the point.

Proc builds are already countered of you ask me. Someone stacking from stealth should have great burst, but how often do you fight a night blade trying to gank and they fail, then they fight roll twice and are or of resources? All the time.

Stealth combat should be a part of the game. There are TONS of counters. Build variety is good.

Excuse me? The comment I responded to suggested a resource cost for procs exactly because you don't give up as much regen and cost reduction for a proc build compared to stacking damage sets. So no, if those players run out of resources it's a) because they also stacked damage or whatever in addition to procs or b) because they're just bad. My point was that the actual imbalance I would like to see addressed was the damage itself. And I don't quite think that me surviving most gank attempts is somehow proof enough that any tools used by the gankers in question are balanced or have counters. I also often kill several gankers in a 1vX fight. Does that now proove that their builds need to be buffed to make them more competitive with their target? Hardly.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If no caps in place, balance the set pieces at least.
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tolrex. By rng, are you thinking of proc chance instead or zos's.......amazing gear table.......

This only addresses proc sets. If course it would impact other sets as well.

It still would allow high burst based on proc sets, that are fired through a quick rotation. However, it would be meant to help counter being highburst, high sustain, and with the right gear, high dmg mitigation.

As of now, Players still can have potential for high dmg, but overtime however, would suffer as their gear doing free dmg would have stam or mag cost. I think this would help with sustain being riduculous

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @tolrex. By rng, are you thinking of proc chance instead or zos's.......amazing gear table.......

This only addresses proc sets. If course it would impact other sets as well.

It still would allow high burst based on proc sets, that are fired through a quick rotation. However, it would be meant to help counter being highburst, high sustain, and with the right gear, high dmg mitigation.

As of now, Players still can have potential for high dmg, but overtime however, would suffer as their gear doing free dmg would have stam or mag cost. I think this would help with sustain being riduculous

Oh, I agree it would help with easy sustain on proc builds. I just don't think the combination of sustain and damage really is the problem here but the quick, in many cases rng based burst that does not require the user to use more skills, is uncounterable except for naturally tanky builds and is based on gear instead of skills and passives.
    And yes, I was talking about proc chance. I can complain about useless traits and weapons as well though. :P
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA