Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam Dk Vamp or ww

lordmuro123
Who is better for stam dk? vamp or ww
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither, really.

Werewolf isn't really useful for anything. You get no benefit when not transformed, and even when you are transformed you can only use werewolf skills on your bar which aren't good enough to justify the restriction.

Vampire is really only good for niche magicka or tank builds.

Most of the time it's better to just save your skill points and ignore the diseases
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends if you're doing PVE or PVP really.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolf could be good if you wanted to back bar slot the ultimate for bonus stam regen (only applies to back bar). Some people run vamp on their stam DK's for the regen, however with the downsides of vamp it's not really viable to stamina classes.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolf is fun in pvp but effective only in big group where you are not getting targetted by huge amounts of burst damage. But if you dont want to be WW you can be vampire atleast for stealth speed. If you pvp I mean.
    Edited by Ghettokid on March 29, 2017 7:10PM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Werewolf. The burst you can get from this is incredible. And you are invincible during transformation. So if someone starts a destro ult you can throw vigor up transform and almost take 0 damage while the ultimate is up. A lot of people don't know how to fight one either. So the aggressiveness of a werewolf will make people run. I've been one for about two years and alsways have it slotted.

Not the best by any means but here is a video I made the other day. 2vX. You will need LOS.

https://youtu.be/KKzZIEPwaN8
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Werewolf could be good if you wanted to back bar slot the ultimate for bonus stam regen (only applies to back bar). Some people run vamp on their stam DK's for the regen, however with the downsides of vamp it's not really viable to stamina classes.

For the mitigation actually 30%
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many mag run vamonfor the Regen in PVE. And Stam run it aswell for PvP the undeath passive and the extra Regensburg are great.

I personally run werewolf but only because it is fun as heck for me in PvP and PvE
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »

The undeath passive is really only useful for DPS in PvP, in PvE if you get low enough to the point that it starts kicking in you are most likely already dead. Its 33% yes but the full 33% only kicks in when you are at less than 1% HP. The undeath passive gives you 1% mitigation per 1.5% HP below 50% HP.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Werewolf. The burst you can get from this is incredible. And you are invincible during transformation. So if someone starts a destro ult you can throw vigor up transform and almost take 0 damage while the ultimate is up. A lot of people don't know how to fight one either. So the aggressiveness of a werewolf will make people run. I've been one for about two years and alsways have it slotted.

Not the best by any means but here is a video I made the other day. 2vX. You will need LOS.

Nice clip!
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The undeath passive is really only useful for DPS in PvP, in PvE if you get low enough to the point that it starts kicking in you are most likely already dead. Its 33% yes but the full 33% only kicks in when you are at less than 1% HP. The undeath passive gives you 1% mitigation per 1.5% HP below 50% HP.

My vamp tank strongly disagrees. With dr stacking it makes using invigorating drain to get back to 100% hp in 3 seconds easy to do since it's most effective at low hp.

Dps have too shallow a pool for it to make a difference, you need max hp to get the most from it.
    Edited by WalksonGraves on March 30, 2017 2:57PM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vamp all day. Stam DK is so tanky that the extra 25% fire damage is not a big deal. As a result you get more Stam and magica regen (both useful) and tankier the less health you have. Run away from destro ults and you're golden.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

My vamp tank strongly disagrees. With dr stacking it makes using invigorating drain to get back to 100% hp in 3 seconds easy to do since it's most effective at low hp.

Dps have too shallow a pool for it to make a difference, you need max hp to get the most from it.

I'm a vamp tank too, I meant for DPS its not that big of a deal to get Undeath in PvE and for example in vHRC top boss being Stage 3-4 can be a real PitA. Their HP is usually low enough that they will be killed by most things that brings them down there anyway. The mitigation only kicks in after you go down below to that HP. If you are at 75% and you take a hit that gets you to 10% the mitigation will not effect that one hit at all, since it only recalculates the mitigation before the damage is taken. Also while there are good times to use Invigorating drain there are other times where you can't use it. Its a channel so it drops your block, useless on vHRC Warrior, vSO Mantikora and Serpent, vAA Axes. So yea Vampirism is great for PvE in stage 2 but you don't need to go beyond that, and for vHRC I highly recommend to feed before going in there if you go top side, or if your team is terrible at interrupting flame shapers in general.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

Nice clip!

Thx.
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the self heal is def not being used unless something has gone horribly wrong when tanking warrior but you can block cancel for a 1 sec 20k heal at low hp in a pinch. Right after blocking a heavy usually works.

I'm running leki and reactive and pirate so I benefit from it more than most builds since even if im just getting 15% dr from undeath combined with the base from hvy (45%) plus the potential 25%,30% and 35% it gets me close to unkillable.
    Then there's bolstering darkness which adds 60%dr.
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a vamp tank too, I meant for DPS its not that big of a deal to get Undeath in PvE and for example in vHRC top boss being Stage 3-4 can be a real PitA. Their HP is usually low enough that they will be killed by most things that brings them down there anyway. The mitigation only kicks in after you go down below to that HP. If you are at 75% and you take a hit that gets you to 10% the mitigation will not effect that one hit at all, since it only recalculates the mitigation before the damage is taken. Also while there are good times to use Invigorating drain there are other times where you can't use it. Its a channel so it drops your block, useless on vHRC Warrior, vSO Mantikora and Serpent, vAA Axes. So yea Vampirism is great for PvE in stage 2 but you don't need to go beyond that, and for vHRC I highly recommend to feed before going in there if you go top side, or if your team is terrible at interrupting flame shapers in general.

Lets also not forget execute on vAA hm where I've seen many magicka builds not feed and get 1 ticked by the damage.

As a PvE tank, I'm stage 4 vampire all the time. You will never go werewolf or put it on your bar. The decision of to vampire or not to vampire is up to the user, I just choose to never feed.
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oompuh wrote: »

Lets also not forget execute on vAA hm where I've seen many magicka builds not feed and get 1 ticked by the damage.

As a PvE tank, I'm stage 4 vampire all the time. You will never go werewolf or put it on your bar. The decision of to vampire or not to vampire is up to the user, I just choose to never feed.

I never realized, that's fire damage? Never really had anyone die there but I guess on HM it would be a PitA to have a DPS with stage 4 Vamp on it.
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oompuh wrote: »

I never realized, that's fire damage? Never really had anyone die there but I guess on HM it would be a PitA to have a DPS with stage 4 Vamp on it.

So I've been told. Half the stuff people say on console we just have to guess. I'll be honest, It took me longer than I wouldve liked to figure out that the (magical) axes were physical damage.
    Edited by Oompuh on March 30, 2017 5:01PM
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages