Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Light armor gives stealth and speed?

stozax
stozax
Soul Shriven
There's a npc in cyrodiil at northern high rock gate, near the bank. His name is Onri Tustin and he says, "Light armor gives you stealth and speed, both vital on the battlefield!"

But I looked it up and from what I read, this is not true and there are no inherent bonuses to stealth or speed with light armor. Medium armor has passive skill for stealth and speed, but I'm pretty sure without passives, there are no penalties/bonuses to speed or stealth when it comes to armor types.

Is this just a lore/immersion thing or is there any truth to what he says?
  • Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shadow Dancer, light armor, speed while stealthed for the 5 piece bonus. Additionally, you could craft Night's Silence in light armor if you wanted, same results.
    Edited by Damianos on March 29, 2017 2:54PM
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just NPC bantering. Has no truth to it at all. Stealth and speed is all Medium armor and set bonuses that most likely comes from Medium armor or crafted sets.
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly just lore/design conflict
  • Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has no truth to it at all.

Incorrect, see above.

• emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just a pushy salesman trying to sell you the undercoat
    Edited by emily3989 on March 29, 2017 2:57PM
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Damianos wrote: »
    Has no truth to it at all.

Incorrect, see above.

Light armor at is core has no buffs to it unlike medium armor so I'm gonna stand by my word cause set bonuses shouldn't really count towards that answer. That bonus can also be made in medium and heavy as well. Would you say heavy armor has a bonus towards speed and stealth too? There are Major Expedition sets for all 3 types of armor, but I think it would be faulty to say heavy armor and light armor has bonuses towards stealth and speed.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just a throwback to previous elder scrolls games where lighter armor reduced noise while sneaking and heavier armor slowed your movement speed
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    It's just a throwback to previous elder scrolls games where lighter armor reduced noise while sneaking and heavier armor slowed your movement speed

And quite possibly, was similar in ESO back in the day. Like they made the voice track before making it where armor didn't effect speed.

Remember mounts use to have varying speeds.
    Remember when having your weapon out would slow you down?

It's prob just a throwback to a removed system.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »

And quite possibly, was similar in ESO back in the day. Like they made the voice track before making it where armor didn't effect speed.

Remember mounts use to have varying speeds.
    Remember when having your weapon out would slow you down?

It's prob just a throwback to a removed system.

Possibly an alpha feature that was removed. I've been here since pc launch and armor weight never had anything to do with stealth or speed outside of medium passives
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank