Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Celebrate the Jester's Festival"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
93c82c1bb4932a613536934deb64fb4f.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the "Celebrate the Jester's Festival" blog article.

Once a year, troupes of jesters and fools gather and encourage the people of Tamriel to toss aside their notions of status, honor, and class in a celebration of absurdity. Performers roam the streets mocking the rich and famous, towns celebrate with a variety of traditional festive pranks, and guests are encouraged to participate in silly games to win joke prizes.

Read our announcement for details on the dates, rewards, and more!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In before Enodoc complaint about dates.

Looking forward to this as it will be my first event, I was on hiatus for the other two.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh. Barley got the mud ball pouch if I miss out on a cherry blossom momento ill be so sad! And can we only do one quest a day on each toon?
  • AndrewQ84
    AndrewQ84
    ✭✭✭
    Can we do each faction daily once a day per character (as in 3 dailies per toon per day) or is it only available to the starting faction a toon belongs to (only one daily per day per toon)?
    Sa'hira of the Shadows, DC Nightblade and ruins explorer extraordinaire.

"May your day be awesome and full of Bacon!!!"

- Me
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The official article doesn't mention whether there will be double XP or not. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , will there be double XP?
    Edited by casparian on March 21, 2017 2:44PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, is Royal Jester the only title from the event?
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should put the pig on sale in the Crown Store during the event. <3

Can't wait for the festival. Sounds fun.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be 1/2 xp.

I jest I jest!

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there be double xp?
    Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love those seasonal events, can't wait !

But since I *have* to complain about something : please put times in GMT too ! There's plenty of us here in EU in various time zones.

• LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But.. but... Jester's Day is on the 28th of Rain's Hand (April)!
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited for the event. I love that you've put festivals in the game throughout the year.

I am confused by the article however. There are several topics that are not clarified:
    • Will double xp be a part of this event?
    • Are new recipes among the awards granted? Several unofficial sources list PTS recipes, including a max health, stam, and stam recovery recipe.
    • Can we do one quest per character per day? Or one quest per jester/alliance per day per character (i.e. 3 per day on each character)?

Thanks @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During PTS test there was double XP.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • vMaick
    vMaick
    ✭✭✭
    They forgot to mention the double xp during the new life festival but clarified it later. Maybe they forgot to mention it again.
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hurrah!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI all.
    Can you get the quest from all three of the jesters each day (i.e. three quests a day) or is it just one quest per day?

Khajiit she is curious.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    You can do all three quests each day.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    xblackroxe wrote: »
    Will there be double xp?
    Yes, there will be double XP. We'll get the details added to the article so it's clear. Sorry about that!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OMG.. I love Double XP :)

CP 600, here I come!

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do we have a new motif either from crownstore only or the reward box? What about recipe?
    Edited by Dark_Lord_Kuro on March 21, 2017 4:39PM
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lack of information about the XP bonus and other details in the article is a repeat of the same problem that occurred with the New Life Festival article.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3598294/#Comment_3598294

Edited by Dalsinthus on March 21, 2017 5:07PM
  • BllyDnsr
    BllyDnsr
    ✭✭✭
    It's nice that there's a pretty detailed list of crown store items that will be available and yet, "A host of fun new consumables" just floats there... is there a list of these "fun new consumables"?
    Guildmaster of Obsidian Covenant.
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    The lack of information about the XP bonus and other details in the article is a repeat of the same problem that occurred with the New Life Festival article.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3598294/#Comment_3598294

How very convenient that they just happen to forget that information each time...
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How very convenient that they just happen to forget that information each time...
    It's a conspiracy!!!
    They're conspiring to keep my character level 260 instead of level 300!!!! :p

• Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »

It's probably just an honest mistake. Frustrating that it happened twice in a few months, but its not the end of the world. I do appreciate the clarification that double XP will again be a thing.

Still, the article does leave a lot of questions open. How many quests can we do per day? What are the consumables? Why are the recipes not listed? I guess we'll figure it out when the festival goes live, but I was hoping for more from this article.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh god no.... please, in the name of the eight devines, may they have learned their lesson and not included any mudballs... I beg of you :s
  • Majeure
    Majeure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good stuff, looking forward to it. :smile:

Always nice to get to break away from the daily routine to do something festive, and that double XP is always nice for future alts. :wink:
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will there be double xp?

Yes as mentioned in article, u get buff for two hours by eating pie, using momentos.
  • plnkfloydian
    This is cool, I ive played eso for a few months now and this is my first event. I'm looking forward to it
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are new recipe included as reward?
  • plnkfloydian
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    They should put the pig on sale in the Crown Store during the event. <3

Can't wait for the festival. Sounds fun.

I wish I would have picked up the wedding dress when it was on sale, I wanted it for dungeons on my male dps character, thought it would look funny
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will there be double xp?

Yes as mentioned in article, u get buff for two hours by eating pie, using momentos.

When the article was originally posted, there was no mention of XP Buff.