The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Celebrate the Jester's Festival"

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    fgoron2000 wrote: »
    So this is not a flame, but it's just a head-scratcher...why ebonheart instead of davon's watch?
    Zone capital? Although even that's debatable. Ebonheart is a Dres city, so they may claim zone capital, but Davon's Watch is an Indoril city, so they may claim zone capital. But then, if that was the case, the question would be why Vulkhel Guard and not Skywatch?

They also picked Ebonheart over Davon's Watch for the free inn room. In many ways, I like Ebonheart, BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE A BANK!!! Why oh why does it not have a bank? It has everything else, including 5 guild traders and a dye station (which for some reason Davon's Watch doesn't have), but no bank.

In many ways, Auridon and Stonefalls are similar in having two important cities, but Skywatch gets a bank but Ebonheart does not. Please give Ebonheart a bank! It seems like you're wanting to make Ebonheart the center of Stonefalls, but you have to port somewhere else if you want to do any banking or put items up for sale in your guild.

Back on topic - looking forward to playing this tonight, but I'll be out of town for the majority of the event, so I may not be able to get all the items and certainly won't be able to benefit as much from the XP bonus. I'll get what I can, but am not too worried about it since none of the items are that terribly interesting to me.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on March 23, 2017 4:33PM
  • GwJSVDShark
    GwJSVDShark
    ✭✭✭
    So that is what the pavilions are for, been wondering for a while
  • Nahtal
    Nahtal
    ✭✭✭
    Like the festival! Good job ZOS.

Like this cind of events in the game.
    Love to crind, to sell, to explore, to heal, and to have fun.
    Templar Breton vampire HEAL CP463 Lord Massimo 'fire is his friend'
    Templar Argonian QUAN CHI HEAL CP463: 'the light of friendly'
    Nightblade Breton Sjangsung DPS CP463 'does not take souls'
    Zizeng (new char) DPS/HEAL warden (not chinees char)
  • oldskoorpg74
    So, is the double xp a one time use, or once per day during the festival?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, is the double xp a one time use, or once per day during the festival?

It's a Memento you get from the initial quest. Use it when it runs out to get it again.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • mandrakethebard_ESO
    Hey Devs, I'm enjoying the festival and I think it's quite well done. But I have a question...

Is there something wrong with the RNG on the reward boxes? I have opened 8 boxes so far, my wife has opened 2, and so far I have 6 banners and she has 2 banners. This suggests an estimated drop rate of 80% on the banners while every other major reward seems to not be dropping at all (very nearly, anyway). Given that I thought the banners were supposed to be a rare drop (purple items) this does look like a problem with the RNG.

Anyone else getting an seemingly unnatural number of banners?
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh, yes. I ran it on 5 characters today and I have more banners than I would ever want. I got two of the gold mementos and very few recipes. The health/stam/stam recovery recipe did not drop.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the quests on two characters (so, six quests total) and ended up with four banners. Yeah, it's a high drop rate. The two that weren't banners had recipes instead.

• Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The voice actors did a great job.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I must have missed something. How do I get the double xp thing? I did the 3 quests last night on my main toon. I got 2 recipes and 2 banners from complete the quest. Is it going to be 3 quests per day for the whole event?
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I must have missed something. How do I get the double xp thing? I did the 3 quests last night on my main toon. I got 2 recipes and 2 banners from complete the quest. Is it going to be 3 quests per day for the whole event?

The very first quest that leads you to the jester will reward a pie memento. Use that to get the experience buff. Yes, 3 quests per day.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jemcrystal wrote: »
    The voice actors did a great job.

Writers, too. Have you listened to the background banter between the other NPCs?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭
    Just popping in to say thanks for a wonderfull, fun festival :)!
    I love the Jester kings/queen, great voice actors, dialogue and animations! Love the festival atmosphere around the jesters stages, with people popping the beautifull petals :). Quests are fun, and achievements dont seem too hard/grindy to get but need some effort = like rescue the princess, failed the first time, made it second time with some excitement .
    Nice titles too, and glad that both achievement tiers have something more than just a title to them, the silly crown and unlocking the jester trees for purchase.
    Would like to have a way to preview the trees before purchase though, well, can propably be seen soon enough on some external site or guildies house. And trees could have been a bit less expensive, like all achievement furnishings, in my opinion ;).
  • NSC_ArtVandelay
    NSC_ArtVandelay
    Soul Shriven
    Is there a list floating around somewhere of what items come as quest rewards?
  • AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭
    So the double xp? Hows that work?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the double xp? Hows that work?

1. Eat the Pie of Misrule every 2 hours.
    2. Earn XP
    3. Repeat

• raffael.geislerb16_ESO
    LMar wrote: »
    But.. but... Jester's Day is on the 28th of Rain's Hand (April)!

It is a fine event and the three jesters are great, but why does it begin one month earlier than it is supposed to?
    Edited by raffael.geislerb16_ESO on March 25, 2017 6:16PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a fine event and the three jesters are great, but why does it begin one month earlier than it is supposed to?

They misread the date?
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I suspect they wanted to coincide with April fool's day. Also, I believe the anniversary event will be later in April.
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »

Uh, yes. I ran it on 5 characters today and I have more banners than I would ever want. I got two of the gold mementos and very few recipes. The health/stam/stam recovery recipe did not drop.

My EU characters still don't have a single gold reward, just the now-very-annoying purple banners.

I'm sick of the sight of them, to be honest.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Can we get a response on the Royal Court Jester Costume that was stated in the News/Blog Article for the event. It is not in the crown store as stated ......
  • henrycupcakerwb17_ESO
    Hey Devs, I'm enjoying the festival and I think it's quite well done. But I have a question...

Is there something wrong with the RNG on the reward boxes? I have opened 8 boxes so far, my wife has opened 2, and so far I have 6 banners and she has 2 banners. This suggests an estimated drop rate of 80% on the banners while every other major reward seems to not be dropping at all (very nearly, anyway). Given that I thought the banners were supposed to be a rare drop (purple items) this does look like a problem with the RNG.

i dont get it, the quest doesnt seem replayable , how do i get more box to earn enough loot for the achievements from this festival ?
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are multiple tasks to be done. Once you finish in you home alliance, I believe you need to continue the quests in the other alliances .....

My alliance is DC. I do the quest in Daggerfall. Then I am sent to Stonefalls and then Auridion. Once done all three, I get three boxes. Then I do the same thing the next day after the reset at 2.00a EST .....

• henrycupcakerwb17_ESO
    Balibe wrote: »
    There are multiple tasks to be done. Once you finish in you home alliance, I believe you need to continue the quests in the other alliances .....

My alliance is DC. I do the quest in Daggerfall. Then I am sent to Stonefalls and then Auridion. Once done all three, I get three boxes. Then I do the same thing the next day after the reset at 2.00a EST .....

ah the quest do reset like daily quest , now i get it
  • Toorlokviing
    Toorlokviing
    ✭✭✭
    so is the tree supposed to drop out of these boxes? is so ive yet to get one and ive been doing the daillies almost every day with 2 chars. got everything else but the darn tree.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so is the tree supposed to drop out of these boxes? is so ive yet to get one and ive been doing the daillies almost every day with 2 chars. got everything else but the darn tree.

Once you get the Royal Jester achievement you can buy the tree at the achievement vendor in your alliance's capital.
  • Toorlokviing
    Toorlokviing
    ✭✭✭

Once you get the Royal Jester achievement you can buy the tree at the achievement vendor in your alliance's capital.

ty....ill take a look...guide said nothing about this so i thought it was a drop.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this festival! It is small but for what it is it is great. Special mention I think must go to the:
    1. Script writers,
    2. Voice-over actors,
    3. Animation artists,
    Those three Jesters, they really are the stars of the show.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Event sucks.
    Boring, repetitive RNG grinds.
    Poor rewards (banners?).
    And of course, you have to do it on each char. Isn't grinding daily writs and pledges enough? Can I PLEEEASE decide for myself what to do with my time?
    As for me, I'd rather not have any event again. They're not fun.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Event sucks.
    Boring, repetitive RNG grinds.
    Poor rewards (banners?).
    And of course, you have to do it on each char. Isn't grinding daily writs and pledges enough? Can I PLEEEASE decide for myself what to do with my time?
    As for me, I'd rather not have any event again. They're not fun.

I guess it is to each their own, but no one is forcing you to do it on every character. Daily quests by nature are repetitive but at least the one involving the two delves is a little different.

I do agree the number of banners awarded with no vendor value is silly, but for me the real rewards has been the double experience and the loot from the containers near the festival tents and while doing the delves. I have easily doubled the number of furnishing design plans learned on my character.

I think the voice-overs and the scripting was very good for a short time event. I think they did a much better job in this area than the New Life Festival. Some of the background conversations at the tents are hilarious.