The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Celebrate the Jester's Festival"

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    In before Enodoc complaint about dates.
    Looking forward to this as it will be my first event, I was on hiatus for the other two.
    Well I can if you want, but that ship has clearly sailed :stuck_out_tongue:

Let's just hope they get it right for next year! :smiley: (Just in case anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about - the Jester's Festival is supposed to be 25th Rain's Hand (April), not in March.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the double XP comes from a consumable whose drop rate is not yet known?
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The double exp comes from a permanent memento. Judging by the article's wording, it might still have an unknown drop rate, but it's not a consumable.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

5:00 Below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8q9Ablyq2Q&t=5m0s
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    (Just in case anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about - the Jester's Festival is supposed to be 25th Rain's Hand (April), not in March.)

^This.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • TheForseti
    TheForseti
    ✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »

I really hope it's been changed from being on the table. Going to drink mead every two hours during New Life was obnoxious. Just make it a memento I can refresh through my inventory like Jubilee Cake.
    PC-NA | CP 1,400+ @The_Forseti
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No new crown store exlusive motifs :smiley: ?
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    93c82c1bb4932a613536934deb64fb4f.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the "Celebrate the Jester's Festival" blog article.

Once a year, troupes of jesters and fools gather and encourage the people of Tamriel to toss aside their notions of status, honor, and class in a celebration of absurdity. Performers roam the streets mocking the rich and famous, towns celebrate with a variety of traditional festive pranks, and guests are encouraged to participate in silly games to win joke prizes.

Read our announcement for details on the dates, rewards, and more!

When is this wonderfull event taking place?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheForseti wrote: »
    Dominoid wrote: »

I really hope it's been changed from being on the table. Going to drink mead every two hours during New Life was obnoxious. Just make it a memento I can refresh through my inventory like Jubilee Cake.

If you find the PTS feedback thread about this festival, they did mention that when it goes live it would be a memento you could keep with you instead.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • cheemers
    cheemers
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the PTS, was there not an event that gave a reward box on the completion of any and all daily quests? Including crafting dailies etc. Or am I remembering this wrong.
    Youtube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCDQ7FrJ0AjMt2auffLEf_Pw

PS4 EU - 18 characters, all DC
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xblackroxe wrote: »
    Will there be double xp?
    Yes, there will be double XP. We'll get the details added to the article so it's clear. Sorry about that!

Natches goofed.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The key part of the official post reads:
    When you complete a daily task for one of the Jesters, you will receive a Jester's Festival Box that can provide some seriously silly rewards, including:

A new hat – The Crown of Misrule
    A host of fun new consumables
    Unique Jester's Festival mementos:
    Cherry Blossom Branch
    The Pie of Misrule – Granting a two-hour buff to XP gains during the Jester's Festival period!
    New Jester's Festival Housing items:
    Jester's Large and Small Trees
    Jester's Standard

Upon rereading, I see that the pie is clearly listed as a "memento" rather than a "consumable". Awesome if true!!
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on March 21, 2017 11:23PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this as it will be my first event, I was on hiatus for the other two.

Let's just hope they get it right for next year! :smiley: (Just in case anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about - the Jester's Festival is supposed to be 25th Rain's Hand (April), not in March.)

Wondering whether they didn't want it to conflict with PTS
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the XP buff memento is a guaranteed drop on the first quest or if you might have to pray to the RNG gods to receive it.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah its realky out of character for jesters festival and misrule and disorder to not stick to rigid schedule.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Lord/Lady of Misrule title? Hunger Strike! Hunger Strike!

Ignore the quesadillas and beer on my desk. And the trail mix on my nightstand. And these awesome vanilla cupcake M&Ms in my mouth. How do they make them taste just like cake frosting? Protesting is hard.

*sad bassoon*
    signing off
  • AlphaAbsol
    AlphaAbsol
    ✭✭
    So to clarify, is it going to be like the new life festival except with 3 dailies every day instead of 9?
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd say they didn't want it to conflict with the birthday event celebrations! :)
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd say they didn't want it to conflict with the birthday event celebrations! :)

Could be, but the anniversary of ESO is on April 4, when the Jester event ends. If they didn't want them to conflict, they could have picked better dates for Jester.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was meant fully with love. I have a great deal of respect for you keeping them on their toes about such things.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • rentalman UK
    rentalman UK
    ✭✭✭
    What time on Thursday UK time does the event start I think 3pm but not sure

Thanks in advance
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What time on Thursday UK time does the event start I think 3pm but not sure

Thanks in advance

Currently it would be 14:00 GMT (They're 4 hours behind), but after Sunday it will go back to being 5 hours behind due to UK moving onto BST (GMT+1)
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still trying to decide if I am going to grind CP and try to get cap or level some alts. Leaning CP since then I won't have to worry about it so much getting to cap when Warden comes out.
  • AbbieGoth
    AbbieGoth
    ✭✭
    I have become rather confused with one of the things listed to be in the Crown Store during this event. The official news post on the website says there will be a "Royal Court Jester costume" in the store... But that is the name of the Jester's costume we already have.

Will this costume be going on sale, then, or was this a typo and the costume used to display the Jester Personality will be the costume released for the festival? I really hope it's the latter, because I've been wanting a noble's outfit for ages.
    PC/NA Server - Max CP
    [AD] Kazhiana - Stam DK Tank
    [AD] Clan Mother Kitta-Ko - Magplar Healer
    vAA | vHRC | vSO+HM
    #KhajiitMasterRace
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    So this is not a flame, but it's just a head-scratcher...why ebonheart instead of davon's watch?

• Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    93c82c1bb4932a613536934deb64fb4f.jpg

Is she trying to kill the jester? If so, I approve.

I missed last year's festival, so I'm looking forward to checking it out.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fgoron2000 wrote: »
    So this is not a flame, but it's just a head-scratcher...why ebonheart instead of davon's watch?

Stonefalls is odd in that the major services are split between Ebonheart and Davons Watch. Ebonheart is the more important city, politically, while Devons Watch is the better city, economically, neither can stand without the other.

Ebonheart can be considered the capital of Stonefalls.

In any case, let them have their day in the sun. :smile: By the 4th Era (Skyrim), the city is likely destroyed.

Edit... autocomplete **** :smile:
    Edited by Elsonso on March 23, 2017 12:28PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fgoron2000 wrote: »
    Zone capital? Although even that's debatable. Ebonheart is a Dres city, so they may claim zone capital, but Davon's Watch is an Indoril city, so they may claim zone capital. But then, if that was the case, the question would be why Vulkhel Guard and not Skywatch?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Sunseahl
    Sunseahl
    Soul Shriven
    Quick Question for anyone in the know....

Is Tim Russ voicing Jester King Enreic?

Inquiring Trekkies wanna know!