Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Needs Clarification

Woopy
Woopy
✭✭✭
Hey,

I was wondering if I can get some help with understanding how levelling/gearing works around here.
I understand the set bonuses, mixing sets together, etc.. however I don't understand how a basic weapon and a legendary weapon do the same damage - or how a weapon at lower level does similar damage to one at maximum level depending on the viewpoint of the item.

Why level up for end-game when I can put out good dps at level 15 with 2.2k+ weapon/spell dmg and 16k phys/spell resistance with basic gear untempered?
Why spend tens of thousands on tempered gear if I can be viable with the bare minimum scraps found throughout the game?

I just really don't understand the system and I hope someone can help me out.
Heart of Ayanad [StamSorc]
Soul of Ayanad [MagKnight]
Aegis of Ayanad [MagPlar]
Keeper of Ayanad [MagBlade]
Shadow of Ayanad [MagSorc]
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woopy wrote: »
    Why spend tens of thousands on tempered gear if I can be viable with the bare minimum scraps found throughout the game?
    You can't be viable with scraps and gold weapons do more damage than basic weapons.
    So your premise is based on incorrect assumptions.

When you're low level, the level scaling scales you up (Progressively less so as you level) to get you in line with the content.
    shades.gif
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its an awkward levelign system implemented recently - all content is on the same lvl, when you start you get tones of stats for free, but as you lvl up you are getting weaker - you can prevent it by wearing a proper lvl gear.
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you get scaled up in trials like you do in dungeons? Never tried or thought about it till now. Hope not.
  • Woopy
    Woopy
    ✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »
    Its an awkward levelign system implemented recently - all content is on the same lvl, when you start you get tones of stats for free, but as you lvl up you are getting weaker - you can prevent it by wearing a proper lvl gear.

You put it in a nice way, makes a bit more sense to me.
    Heart of Ayanad [StamSorc]
    Soul of Ayanad [MagKnight]
    Aegis of Ayanad [MagPlar]
    Keeper of Ayanad [MagBlade]
    Shadow of Ayanad [MagSorc]
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woopy wrote: »
    Hey,
    when I can put out good dps at level 15 with 2.2k+ weapon/spell dmg and 16k phys/spell resistance with basic gear untempered?

You are hugely over buffed by the game at low levels. You will come to understand as you level up, your gear and gear quality will matter more to maintain your stats.

In fact, your going to have a harder time maintaining the stats you have now as you approach and exceed CP160

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"