Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind Collector's Edition Guide

Dhukath
Dhukath
✭✭✭
Just received an email form Bethesda re: The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind Standard And Collectors Edition Guides

For those who want to know more or order:

Collectors Edition
  • Full coverage of all the new content for The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind
  • Hints, tips, and strategies help new players master their class builds, skill synergies, and elite equipment!
  • Leveling, crafting, and combat information gets players fully up to speed with this sprawling new expansion
  • Area maps and a Morrowind atlas illustrate important areas, towns, and landmarks
  • Free Mobile-Friendly eGuide: Includes a code to access the eGuide, a web-access version of the complete guide optimized for a second-screen experience.

Bonus content: Available ONLY in the Collector’s Edition

Bethesda Store The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind Collector's Edition Guide Pre-Order $40.00

Standard Edition
  • Full coverage of all the new content for The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind
  • Hints, tips, and strategies help new players master their class builds, skill synergies, and elite equipment!
  • Leveling, crafting, and combat information gets players fully up to speed with this sprawling new expansion
  • Area maps and a Morrowind atlas illustrate important areas, towns, and landmarks
  • Free Mobile-Friendly eGuide: Includes a code to access the eGuide, a web-access version of the complete guide optimized for a second-screen experience.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind Special Edition Guide $25.00

For those in the UK

Collectors Edition £19.99 Amazon

Standard Edition £14.99 Amazon
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to know mostly... what is the exclusive content of the Collector edition because at that point I don't see the difference between the standard andI'd like to know mostly... what is the exclusive content of the Collector edition because at that point I don't see the difference between the standard and the collector version :/ except the price....

could we have some more info?
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On the Bethesda site is says ship date is the 6th of June, which is the Launch Date.

If I buy the Physical Collector's Edition will I have access to the digital download on Launch Date for Morrowind or will I have to wait until the package arrives?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ? Or any players that may have the answer to that question?
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    well we're talking about the guide books here not the game :)
    Options
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Llogwey wrote: »
    I'd like to know mostly... what is the exclusive content of the Collector edition because at that point I don't see the difference between the standard andI'd like to know mostly... what is the exclusive content of the Collector edition because at that point I don't see the difference between the standard and the collector version :/ except the price....

Looks to me like it's simply the binding. Hardcover vs paperback so to speak.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Options
  • razzle1184kicks

Firstly your a little off topic but never the less

On xbox go too the xbox store and select either one and then read what they incude, for other platforms I couldn't say.

But you could go to the website or even Google the question for your self.

I will even help you out....

http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/elder-scrolls-online-morrowind-collectors-edition-1804568

http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/the-elder-scrolls-online-morrowind-1804422

Some people...
    Edited by razzle1184kicks on March 6, 2017 7:54PM
    Options
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »

Looks to me like it's simply the binding. Hardcover vs paperback so to speak.

I'd say you're probably right. Most game guides are like that.

Also random rant time:

I love how the hardcover is always more expensive too - but they always seem to skimp out on making a properly flexible stitching skeleton, and instead glue the pages right on there, so when you try to turn the page your entire book consistently shuts - until you finally get so frustrated you bend the book and damage the hard cover on the outside. So special.

PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
    Options
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry about that
    Edited by abuniffpreub18_ESO on March 7, 2017 1:22AM
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The price doesnt look to be for anything more than it being hardcover. Which is typical of these sort of guides. Paperback is always about half of what the hardcover version is. Both my GTA 5 and Skyrim SE hardcopies cost 40 dollars. So it doesnt seem like the Collectors Edition is going to give anything beyond what you can get in the paperback version besides the ability to resist more wear and tear.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    well it seems some people have not read explicitly the topic, this is about the "Morrowind Standard And Collectors Edition Guides " it is not at ALL about games but about BOOKS (prima guides)

then in the description , for the Collector edition of the guide , it says : Bonus content: Available ONLY in the Collector’s Edition (if it is content, i doubt they only mean hardcore vs paperback, but rather ingame codes or special maps or anything "BONUS"

I'm sorry if some of you thought I was talking about the game, I perfectly know what is the difference between standard and collector edition of the games, but about the books, it is really not easy to know except this cryptic description about Bonus content only for collector edition OF THE GUIDE BOOK

please @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom could you enlighten us?

Options
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    Well on amazon.co.uk the hardback is listed as having 32 more pages (448 v 416) so unless they're blank pages to write your own notes or something there is something extra in that version.
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
    Options
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    well that's a good hint indeed (though there will certainly be some blank pages as in all prima guides, but those will also be in the regular edition I suppose :) )

maybe more insight or secret places or info, but 32 pages are not worth $15, most of all if you consider that the information within will be available soon enough anywhere on the net :)

Options
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (...)Bonus content: Available ONLY in the Collector’s Edition (...)

D'oh. Yeah good point.

Edit: How to summon dwemer spider pet? Well seriously I would not expect anything ingame, perhaps bonus art - but it's as good a guess as any.
    Edited by Rouven on March 6, 2017 9:19PM
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well now I want a strategy guide for the base game too! :stuck_out_tongue:
    But that will never happen
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey all, we're checking on details about the Collector's Edition bonus content and will let you know what we find out. (Please be aware it may take a few days.)
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well on amazon.co.uk the hardback is listed as having 32 more pages (448 v 416) so unless they're blank pages to write your own notes or something there is something extra in that version.
    Page counts are meaningless. All it could mean is that the font size is different, or the margins, headers or footers are bigger.
    Options
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, we're checking on details about the Collector's Edition bonus content and will let you know what we find out. (Please be aware it may take a few days.)

Well actually you're right I just checked and there never was a "strategy guide" for the "vanilla ESO"... nor for the Tamriel Unlimited, nor for the One Tamriel versions of the game.

Of course there have been several "collector books" around teso lore or encyclopedia, but no strategy official guides... Morrowind is the first...

Considering the quality and in-depth informations we could find in the Skyrim Strategy guide books, I suppose this one will be of great quality too :)

Options
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all about digital stuff
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    We just got confirmation that the ESO: Morrowind Strategy Guide, Collector's Edition bonus content will not be exclusive digital items (though no specifics yet on what it will be beyond that.) Hope that helps!
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We just got confirmation that the ESO: Morrowind Strategy Guide, Collector's Edition bonus content will not be exclusive digital items (though no specifics yet on what it will be beyond that.) Hope that helps!

Thanks. Let us know if you find out anything else. :smile:
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's very good to hear, thanks Jessica.

Please pass on to whatever power that many in the community don't want to see a return in game item incentives to push sales of out of game items (the plushy toys).
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    thanks a lot @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , the question is : will we know at one point what those exclusive content are, before buying ?

If not digital, it can only be "physical" or "informations" (folded detailed maps or exclusive chapters maybe ) or maybe NON-exclusive digital content, but still digital content... such as... items we could find... in the collector edition of the game? that would be tricky.... or simply rare lootable items, or expensive crown items :)

I'll hope we'll get that info)
    Edited by Llogwey on March 13, 2017 3:25PM
    Options
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    On the Bethesda site is says ship date is the 6th of June, which is the Launch Date.

If I buy the Physical Collector's Edition will I have access to the digital download on Launch Date for Morrowind or will I have to wait until the package arrives?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ? Or any players that may have the answer to that question?

I would like that answer as well. Certainly it would royally pi$$ off a bunch of Physical CE purchasers if they didn't have access to Morrowind on launch day. @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom any info on this?

Edited by Ashtaris on March 13, 2017 3:30PM
    Options
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    considering the activation code is "anonymous" and included in the Physical box for single-usage redeem I don't see how ZOS could "guess" who among their customer database has bought a CE and at which retailer since physical CE are not bought directly at ZOS but at retailers without giving any info on our user account.

When I bought my original Imperial Edition back in 2014, I waited until I got my physical box to get the codes of the exclusive imperial content. Stilll, I received the Exploration pack beforehand and with that, I was able to register and have acces to "minimum content+exploration content"... I think that's how it works... the exploration packs are physical slimcases or codes which are shipped and you receive before release date and allow you to register before receiving the big box... but well, back in the day the game was subscription only, not buy2play so it may have changed...

but I suppose @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom will provide more info...

Edited by Llogwey on March 13, 2017 4:05PM
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom ... Hello. Did you ever hear back on the difference between the The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind Collector's Edition Guide and the The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind Special Edition Guide, other than the obvious hard cover and a few additional pages?

The description at the Bethesda Store has not changed and still does not clarify what Bonus Content there is.

Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is how we know that there are just completely different teams making promises for ths game. makes a lot of sense
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

Options
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, 11 days ago they confirmed that the difference isn't digital collectibles, but never said what it was. Buying this book is kind of like buying crown crates. You have no real idea what you are going to get.
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    well guys you musnt forget that those guides are made by PRIMA.... it's not a Bethesda nor a Zenimax product ! so that's not even easy for them to get the information.
    Options
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    well guys you musnt forget that those guides are made by PRIMA.... it's not a Bethesda nor a Zenimax product ! so that's not even easy for them to get the information.

If the question related to content in the written guide then sure I agree. Prism isn't going to create any digital content for the guide though. ZoS would create that and simply supply Prima with download codes to be packaged with the guides. ZoS would need to weigh in on what digital items are being bundled, not Prima.

I generally have an issue with these guides though because in an MMO patches constantly change the game, rendering the info in the guide stale after a short period of time.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but I imagine that these are made at the request of Bethesda, and they certainly work closely on them. Prima doesn't just knock on Bethesda's door and surprise them with a box of books. Content and features are probably negotiated and set in a contract.

Options
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    certainly @lordrichter but such negociations and contracts would be made between Prisma and the business/marketing division of ZOS or even Zenimax (above) ... I doubt devs or even community managers from ZOS would know about such deals before asking for it themselves on OUR behalf... things tend to be compartmentalized
    Options