Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of July 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 15
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind Collector's Edition Guide

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Llogwey wrote: »
    certainly @lordrichter but such negociations and contracts would be made between Prisma and the business/marketing division of ZOS or even Zenimax (above) ... I doubt devs or even community managers from ZOS would know about such deals before asking for it themselves on OUR behalf... things tend to be compartmentalized

No, this is definitely not at the ZOS Community Manager level. While I am sure ZOS was involved with the production of the book, at bare minimum it was for the purpose of consulting. Bethesda is the one that needs to be asked, and yes, they might have to go to Prima. In any case, we will probably find out in early June when customers actually get the book and start talking about it.
    Edited by Elsonso on March 25, 2017 8:12PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I'm so American.
    Options
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    certainly @lordrichter but such negociations and contracts would be made between Prisma and the business/marketing division of ZOS or even Zenimax (above) ... I doubt devs or even community managers from ZOS would know about such deals before asking for it themselves on OUR behalf... things tend to be compartmentalized

No, this is definitely not at the ZOS Community Manager level. While I am sure ZOS was involved with the production of the book, at bare minimum it was for the purpose of consulting. Bethesda is the one that needs to be consulted.

well as far as I remember, both ZOS (for teso) and Bethesda (for several solo games franchises) are "brother" studios that belong to Zenimax Inc. :) that's what I meant.

Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, this is definitely not at the ZOS Community Manager level. While I am sure ZOS was involved with the production of the book, at bare minimum it was for the purpose of consulting. Bethesda is the one that needs to be consulted.

well as far as I remember, both ZOS (for teso) and Bethesda (for several solo games franchises) are "brother" studios that belong to Zenimax Inc. :) that's what I meant.

ZOS is the game development studio. Bethesda Softworks is the publisher. While the lines may blur, ZOS seems to be in charge of game development, game operations, the forums, and some (or all) customer support. Bethesda is in charge of marketing, distribution, promotions, sales, and possibly some customer support. I expect that it is possible the forums could move over to Bethesda as the lines are getting blurry there, too.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • donchamp
    donchamp
    Soul Shriven
    Hey, late question, but do these guides contain content from the entire game or just the Morrowind expansion? Obvious, but I just keep seeing Morrowind Morrowind Morrowind, but nothing on Tamriel.
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know if you can upgrade to CE later after it comes out or will they not allow upgraded versions?
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know if an upgrade will be available after release?
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know if you can upgrade to CE later after it comes out or will they not allow upgraded versions?

Technically, it's possible. But it's not efficient as you'd be spending the CE upgrade price ($60) just to add the CE collectibles to the basic upgrade ($40) you've already applied.
    signing off
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »

Technically, it's possible. But it's not efficient as you'd be spending the CE upgrade price ($60) just to add the CE collectibles to the basic upgrade ($40) you've already applied.

Ah, well guess they don't do it like the way Origins does then cause you just pay the difference later on that sucks oh well
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updating this thread as I just saw the Prima announcement on Twitter (a bit late).

yju7Hfw.png

From UESP.
    Rufous Mudcrab
    A perky crab buddy whose rust-colored shell covers a cheerful, inquisitive demeanor.

Rufous Mudcrab pets will be given out at conventions in 2016. They also came with the purchase of the official mudcrab plush toy (redeemable only on PC/Mac). They were originally accidentally given to several players who pre-ordered the Imperial Edition of the game, along with the Pet Nibenay Mudcrab. Its default name is "Crabcakes". They were seemingly intended to be a cash purchase from the Store. The item was originally called "Pet Rufous Mudcrab".

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom does this not count as an exclusive digital item as this still isn't available in game? Which would be a little in contradiction with your statement below.
    We just got confirmation that the ESO: Morrowind Strategy Guide, Collector's Edition bonus content will not be exclusive digital items (though no specifics yet on what it will be beyond that.) Hope that helps!
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    well i saw that too. there is definitly an ingame item then BUT it is not in contradiction with Jessica statement because... it is not exclusive :)

The rufous mudcrab has been offered on several occasions in the past making it difficult to get , not via ingame means, but it is not ... exclusive to this book :)

Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well i saw that too. there is definitly an ingame item then BUT it is not in contradiction with Jessica statement because... it is not exclusive :)

The rufous mudcrab has been offered on several occasions in the past making it difficult to get , not via ingame means, but it is not ... exclusive to this book :)
    Well if we want to put it that way sure, but I don't think this is really what people meant. An item which has only been available via plush toys in the past and upset people then isn't a great "non-exclusive" selection to help push sales for a book.

"Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    i know my post was a little "devil's advocate" Turelus and I completly agreed with your first statement. when i found out myself I also thought ... "well , they said otherwise... wtf?"

but zos would be legitimate in saying it is ok since it's not exclusive. Besides it's above Jessica or Gina knowledge :)

Indeed it could boost up sales, a pity they make the promotion so late , but anyway I had bought the book... The poster seems massive btw !

Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i know my post was a little "devil's advocate" Turelus and I completly agreed with your first statement. when i found out myself I also thought ... "well , they said otherwise... wtf?"

but zos would be legitimate in saying it is ok since it's not exclusive. Besides it's above Jessica or Gina knowledge :)

Indeed it could boost up sales, a pity they make the promotion so late , but anyway I had bought the book... The poster seems massive btw !

Yeah, as much as I loathe saying, "well, we just have to deal with not getting the truth," it is kinda important to remember, the people talking to you, even on behalf of a company, are still just people. They can tell you what they honestly know, and still end up wrong, even when their job is community management.
    Options
  • Sablefogg
    Sablefogg
    According to customer service, my husband who purchased the full collectors edition must suffer a wait from June 8th when they will cut him off, until his box actually arrives (shipment arrival projected 6/20/2017). Me, on the other hand, having purchased the el-cheapo digital copy - I won't suffer any delay at all.

So those who choose to buy the collectors edition must suffer a break in the Morrowwind play - until their copy arrives.
    Options
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't help but wonder if this guide will recommend a bow light attack spamming magicka warden build with 3600 CP and infinite HP & resource cheats.
    https://youtu.be/tub8R8b2elc
    (@ 12:00)
    love is love
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to be clear I'm not attacking Jessica on this, but I would like to know how the company can tell her one thing which she says as an official statement then go and do the opposite which makes her and the company look bad.

I was really happy to see her replies in this thread as I thought ZOS had seen our concerns about exclusive pets and we're moving forwards.

However marketing is gonna market. I hate that gaming is so much about marketing and profit margins now and less about actually forming trust with your consumers.

Any way that's my cynical almost an old man rant for the morning.
    Options
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Im gonna buy the Hardcover version to go along with my DOOM and Star Wars Battlefield books, which will sit next to my Morrowind Book and model.
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still looking for some answers please. I don't want to be a jerk but Jessica told us one thing and the company did the opposite, kind of would like to know the deal here.
    Options
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Ive ordered mine :) Hope u get an answer soon
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy the crab! It's an awesome little critter (I have the one from the plush toy).
    Options
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Enjoy the crab! It's an awesome little critter (I have the one from the plush toy).

Thanx very much, mostly bought just to go with my other guides. Plus it saves me wasting the money on junk ha
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still looking for some answers please. I don't want to be a jerk but Jessica told us one thing and the company did the opposite, kind of would like to know the deal here.
    I agree with Jess here. The mudcrab is not exclusive digital content, as there have been (and will probably be again) other ways to get it.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Jess here. The mudcrab is not exclusive digital content, as there have been (and will probably be again) other ways to get it.

True, i have mud crab, no idea how i got it, but i have one .. and never use it
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I agree but it's a stretch, it's not something widely available and once again an item which is only available from buying out of game items you don't want.

This is why I and others made a stink about this with the Plush and Symbiot pets. I have no issues at all with items already for sale in the store being bolt ons for physical items (such as the doom mount and TES Legends) but I don't like the idea of pets which are only available via buying products out of the game.

I might be alone in this these days, but it worries me after seeing how badly it can go if marketing departments want to push merchandise sales or promote third party products.
    Options
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frankly, coming from another MMO (quite famous, from 10 to 5 years ago... which I won't quote, no advertising...) I prefer the way that there is ONE exclusive BUT single ingame item linked to several 'out of the game' products

It would be a pity to have : One exclusive item Per each "out-of-the-game" side product ... Many other mmos provide Several distinct exclusive ingame items IF a) you attend to IRL meetings at the other side of the world b) you buy side products (from partners or from the same brand) c) if you win first place of exclusive player tournaments (not ingame scripted events) d) and so on and so on... and all of those... unavailable both ingame AND in crown store

now the rufous mudcrab is , I think the only ingame item , a pet (which has a very moderate impact i'd say) in this category. as far as there are other ways to get it you choose your own way . (plushie, attendee, collectore guidebook... ) that's ok for me

Options
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a) you attend to IRL meetings at the other side of the world

I'm not gonna lie though - just because other games do it, doesn't mean it isn't a totally *** thing to do. I'll always be salty by the fact that Digital Extremes gives away exclusive Sydanas in Warframe to whoever attends their event - failing to recognize they have a playerbase that spans the world. I mean - I personally only live 5 hours away from their studio, and where they host this event they give the thing away at - but even for me, to spend that much money on travel and such is just unrealistic.

They offer digital passes - yet deny the content unless you actually physically show up. It's just lame. I don't really see that as a good tactic to get people to come to your event. People should want to go because they want to go, not because you're offering them something you'll deny to all other players.

At the end of the day it's just a cosmetic - but I would hate to see more and more developers doing this...

Anybody else have their childhood utterly destroyed by the fact they couldn't get Mew in Pokemon? Same deal... it's been going on forever... and it's a real crap tactic.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
    Options
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did not say it was "evil" to do it just that ZOS had not reached the point of doing it and in that regard what is done with the rufous mudcrab should not be considered so "unfair". (by lack of better word)

I was refering to Sony and everquest2 doing that for years and with soooo many exclusives, far before digital extremes I suppose...
    Then again offering stuff to attendees is a marketing action and that's natural. There are people interested in physical goodies others in online fluff options you have to satisfy a large majority, the problem I was refering to is the lack of redundancy for the "online" account-bound exclusivities... there should always be "alternative" ways to get them, and that's what ZOS is doing with the mudcrab... When it comes to physical goodies, there is always the option to sell or buy them second hand on ebay... so why not for online stuff ? It's just cosmetics, but with this business model, cosmetics is how you make money...and developpers need money to carry on.

mmhh sorry when Mew and Pokemon arrived I was already a young adult I fear ; when I was a child, "exclusive promotional stuff" did not yet exist virtually

Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is year one of ESO ZOS did this a lot.
    • Pig - Attending cons (which were US and Germany only).
    • Pony Guar - Guar Plushy
    • Rufas Mudcrab - Mudcrab Plush
    • Crony Scrib - Sybiote figures
    • Dog - Steam/Sybiote figures
    People were posting a lot getting more and more annoyed at this because many couldn't get exclusive and cool looking pets. The Crony Scrib remains today one of the rarest pets in ESO because Sybiote don't make the figures any more and all stock is gone.

Once ZOS reached the Netch plushy they'd stopped giving away exclusives because people were so angry over it. Then we went for a nice long time without them using in game pets to push sales of products people didn't want, but did want that awesome pet.

Now we can say other companies do it, lifes not about getting everything you want, it's not exclusive if its sold twice etc.

However the point remains that ZOS are using items which can't be purchased via the Crown Store to push product sales for things people may not want.
    Options
  • Kali_Despoine
    Kali_Despoine
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah a book. woo-hoo! I can't wait to not buy this :p
    Wait, what? even ZoS has no idea whats in the CE copy. LMFAO
    Options