The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Who uses charged? Why even have it in the game?

• Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prosperous, training, charged, powered, defending on weapons all of these need to go from premium drops and be only craft-able.
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SaRuZ wrote: »
    Lol, like Well Fitted for armor. Stupid af.

@SaRuZ
    I have to disagree, it has helped me a ton avoiding damage ON TOP of activating sets that buff you up when you roll dodge. Plus, you can even buff it more with CP. But of course this week of no-CP won't be taken into account on that but even so, my playstyle with Well-Fitted is still effective in PvP and PvE.
    You just need to find the right synergy and playstyle when you're talking about Well-Fitted.

Personally, I have rocked this trait with said sets in PvP and it is extremely effective in most cases. And in most cases, it's a counter-centric type of trait that I can rely on when paired with the right sets.

That trait is not stupid.

Edited by Sneaky-Snurr on March 1, 2017 12:05PM
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/324665/twilight-force-magicka-templar-magicka-nightblade-ranged-vma-dd-build-homestead-ready

Anyone who says charged is trash has no idea what they're doing. It outperforms sharpened in solo play if done right and can act as a very valuable group support.

@SirAndy is right, do your homework before posting a thread like this :)

To prove it, I'll add a DK and sorc version to the above build that does more than 30k DPS unbuffed. Charged is the second best PvE trait in solo now, and even outperforms sharpened on some classes.
    Edited by Masel on March 1, 2017 12:17PM
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • VampiricByNature
    VampiricByNature
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use charged on my healers back bar now. It is not useless to me.
  • heyjrey
    heyjrey
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried out charged with the Widowmaker set that drops in Cradle of Shadows (only because the bow I received was charged) and it's not that bad in PvP when you're using poisons since the 5pc of the Widowmaker set has to do with your alchemical poisons firing. I'm not entirely sure, but I think that the bow being charged may have caused the poisons to fire off more often? (don't quote me on that though, since I don't really remember)
    EP Home Faction CP: 800+
    Vivec/Trueflame/Kaalgrontiid: Home Campaign
    Delia Moreau - Khajiit | Stamblade | PvE
    Sloppy Thirds* - Bosmer | Stamblade | PvP
    Tazia Mouse-Chaser - Khajiit | Stamblade | PvE
    Waterfalls - Altmer | Magsorc | PvP
    Datwun Puffs Tuff - Argonian | Magplar | PvP Healer
    Rotting Thot - Altmer | Magnecro | PvE Healer
    Count ßlockula - Argonian | StamDK | PvE Tank
    Jim Geezus Beam - Argonian | Magplar | PvE Healer

Red Nirn Reserve, Diswun's Wares, Welkynd, SOB (rip)

• Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since changes to concussive it may be worth using it. I am experimenting with charged destro staff on my SPC/Worm healer.

Two things, blockade of lightning and shock enchant.
    With charged, shock enchant has 84% chance to proc concussive with just 4 second cooldown. With a little of practice you can keep 100% uptime for minor vulnerability on single target fights without need of Infallible Aether (outside of Storm Attronachs).
    Blockade of lightning with charged has 4,2% chance to proc concussive. Paired with a magsorc or two you can have really high uptime on groups of mobs.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on March 1, 2017 2:30PM
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People saying 'but it allows you to proc more of this enchant on this weapon'.

Lets be honest, we are all running sharp, if you run charged instead then meh meh meh
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ojustaboo wrote: »
    altemriel wrote: »
    like prosperous or training (maybe good for newbies), but definitelly not needed at all for champion ranks

I crafted myself 160 training set, was great for farming CP

As rightly said by @Katahdin Training and Prosperous should only be craftable, not in the RNG table for loot.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    People saying 'but it allows you to proc more of this enchant on this weapon'.

Lets be honest, we are all running sharp, if you run charged instead then meh meh meh

What? That's just wrong. I'm running charged with a shock glyph now on my magblade and magplar, and it's yielded better results in 4-man and solo content than sharpened ever did for me, especially in solo. Run the spinner 5 piece. You get a constant 40% buff to medium weaves for the whole group and an 18% increase in overall damage for everyone. Tell me what 5 piece bonus gives you that amount of damage.

I'd rather say it's meh if you don't allow to think about anything else than sharpened. The amount of people just following what everyone else says is too damn high.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/324665/twilight-force-magicka-templar-magicka-nightblade-ranged-vma-dd-build-homestead-ready
    Anyone who says charged is trash has no idea what they're doing. It outperforms sharpened in solo play if done right and can act as a very valuable group support.
    To prove it, I'll add a DK and sorc version to the above build that does more than 30k DPS unbuffed. Charged is the second best PvE trait in solo now, and even outperforms sharpened on some classes.

Finally, the voice of an informed wolf among sheeple ...
    pray.gif
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    Prosperous, training, charged, powered, defending on weapons all of these need to go from premium drops and be only craft-able.

Yes! Then I can overcharge people learning traits because those traits will never drop for them! :naughty:
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Masel92 wrote: »

Finally, the voice of an informed wolf among sheeple ...
    pray.gif

@SirAndy We're a rare breed, so I don't expect to meet a lot of others anymore :D
    Edited by Masel on March 1, 2017 6:13PM
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charged on the Lightning Damage enchant on a weapon gives you a 84% chance to proc concussion on enemies (the highest among all effects that can concuss), allowing you to set enemies off balance with Wall of Storms and use the CP passive "Exploiter" to deal 10% more damage with ALL damage dealt to them.

Oh, and it's gross if you're a mag DK like myself using Molten Armaments to boost your heavy Lightning Staff attacks by another 40%. vMA is frickin' joke... Charged doesn't sound too weak after all, does it? LOL
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”