Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial City 7 day Campaign

Orpheaus
Orpheaus
✭✭✭
So as the title suggests this is a general outline for a 7 day IC campaign. None of it is hard and fast this is just the best I could come up with and I wanted to get it out there and look for input from other players.
In my experience many PvPers greatly enjoy IC PvP when it occurs. But the reality is there isn't much motivation to participate in it for the TF/Haderus/AS crowd. So here is my idea.
  • 7 Day Campaign with no Emperor
  • Each flag is worth 1 point per hour.
  • Killing an IC boss gives your faction a 20% AP/Tel Var bonus in the district for 1 hr (Time could be adjusted) and grants your faction 1 point toward the campaign.
  • Killing a roaming sewer boss gives your faction a 20% AP/Tel Var bonus in the sewers for 1 hr, and grants your faction 1 point toward the campaign.
  • Killing the simulacrum of Molag Bal gives your faction 3-5 points toward campaign and a 30% AP/Tel Var buff across IC and Sewers (Also possibly a small character boost a la scrolls?)
  • Also I've been trying to think of a reward for killing the stationary sewer minibosses but nothing jumps to mind. Suggestions are welcome.

And that's about it! I'm open to suggestions and I hope other people are as interested in this idea as me @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert hope this catches your eye guys!

P.S Perhaps have a lower pop cap than cyro campaigns for performance. Not a programmer so I'm not sure what that'd need to be.
Thanks!
  • PandaIsAPotato
    PandaIsAPotato
    ✭✭✭
    So... A PvE campaign...? :/
    Supreme Leader Panda
    GM of Licinius Exploitation Incorporated
  • Orpheaus
    Orpheaus
    ✭✭✭

Not in the slightest. If you've ever played MMO's like ArcheAge and BDO you know that PvP tends to occur when there's incentive to kill world bosses. If you actually tied that incentive to a campaign objective as well then the PvP is even more likely.
    By your logic all campaigns are "PvE campaigns" because the only way to score points in cyrodiil is capture flags :)
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a bad idea, but I would prefer that there be an intelligent way to link IC with the overland Cyrodiil campaign but still somehow find a way to separate the populations.

It's currently the other way around - it's totally asinine that they share a population cap but are in no way linked mechanically.
    Edited by Solariken on February 25, 2017 10:06PM
  • PandaIsAPotato
    PandaIsAPotato
    ✭✭✭
    Orpheaus wrote: »

Not in the slightest. If you've ever played MMO's like ArcheAge and BDO you know that PvP tends to occur when there's incentive to kill world bosses. If you actually tied that incentive to a campaign objective as well then the PvP is even more likely.
    By your logic all campaigns are "PvE campaigns" because the only way to score points in cyrodiil is capture flags :)

ArcheAge is pretty much a failure, BDO is not even remotely based on making PvP revolve around World Bosses, there's a reason that they have Node Wars every day and Siege Wars Saturday as well as the karma system and guild wars, I can't remember the last time I saw PvP at world bosses in BDO, and I've played it since beta. The PvP at world bosses stopped 2-3 months in.

You're suggesting ideas that gives people an incentive to kill bosses in IC so they can grind Tel Var, not so they can PvP, and that's what would happen if these ideas were implemented, one faction would lock down the campaign and use it to grind, every few days or weeks it would rotate to another faction. Basically Axe of Belharza reincarnate.

Supreme Leader Panda
  • Orpheaus
    Orpheaus
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Not a bad idea, but I would prefer that there be an intelligent way to link IC with the overland Cyrodiil campaign but still somehow find a way to separate the populations.

It's currently the other way around - it's totally asinine that they share a population cap but are in no way linked mechanically.

I 100% agree with this. I'm mostly just begging ZOS to give us a way to get consistent IC pvp action since I find it very enjoyable. I'd be down for it to be relevant in cyro campaigns though I worry that it might get zerged out sometimes. But yes however ZOS chose to make it relevant I'd be satisfied with since it's my favorite pvp zone.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the idea of a campaign with some gimmick to get more people playing in IC, but why 7 days? Seems the longer 30-day campaigns tend to be more popular.

EDIT: Maybe there could be a campaign where queuing takes you directly to Imperial City base, with no keeps or scrolls at all in the campaign, nothing outside IC.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on February 25, 2017 10:49PM
  • Orpheaus
    Orpheaus
    ✭✭✭

ArcheAge is pretty much a failure, BDO is not even remotely based on making PvP revolve around World Bosses, there's a reason that they have Node Wars every day and Siege Wars Saturday as well as the karma system and guild wars, I can't remember the last time I saw PvP at world bosses in BDO, and I've played it since beta. The PvP at world bosses stopped 2-3 months in.

You're suggesting ideas that gives people an incentive to kill bosses in IC so they can grind Tel Var, not so they can PvP, and that's what would happen if these ideas were implemented, one faction would lock down the campaign and use it to grind, every few days or weeks it would rotate to another faction. Basically Axe of Belharza reincarnate.

Implying that because AA failed it had no redeeming concepts is a pretty obvious fallacy. AA failed because it went P2W not because of the pvp system. In terms of BDO when the PvP was based around the world bosses the PvP was superb. There are other options now but in the system I am implying the PvP would be heavily slanted toward fighting around bosses. And no I'm giving incentive to kill the bosses to help win the campaign AND bring people into IC. Or do you suggest that when one has the gold bonus in cyrodiil all it does is incentivize them to farm gold? :) You're making some pretty baseless assumptions. There would certainly be farming but it's a pretty bold assumption to make that one faction would simply own the city.
  • Orpheaus
    Orpheaus
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of a campaign with some gimmick to get more people playing in IC, but why 7 days? Seems the longer 30-day campaigns tend to be more popular.

EDIT: Maybe there could be a campaign where queuing takes you directly to Imperial City base, with no keeps or scrolls at all in the campaign, nothing outside IC.

I think my general thought was that because there are less possible points and it's a smaller campaign it'd be better to have it short. But I'm definitely down for 30 day either way. And yeah my preference would be it ports you directly into IC if it were an IC campaign and all objectives would be entirely IC based. But as I said earlier I'm mostly just looking to create more PvP in IC itself.
  • PandaIsAPotato
    PandaIsAPotato
    ✭✭✭

Implying that because AA failed it had no redeeming concepts is a pretty obvious fallacy. AA failed because it went P2W not because of the pvp system. In terms of BDO when the PvP was based around the world bosses the PvP was superb. There are other options now but in the system I am implying the PvP would be heavily slanted toward fighting around bosses. And no I'm giving incentive to kill the bosses to help win the campaign AND bring people into IC. Or do you suggest that when one has the gold bonus in cyrodiil all it does is incentivize them to farm gold? :) You're making some pretty baseless assumptions. There would certainly be farming but it's a pretty bold assumption to make that one faction would simply own the city.

This has been pretty much indisputable fact since IC launched, because it's so empty one faction tends to migrate to one server so they can grind it and it becomes a grind server for that faction. You can't add another campaign and expect it to be contested, there's a reason they closed Axe of Belharza.
    Supreme Leader Panda
  • Orpheaus
    Orpheaus
    ✭✭✭

This has been pretty much indisputable fact since IC launched, because it's so empty one faction tends to migrate to one server so they can grind it and it becomes a grind server for that faction. You can't add another campaign and expect it to be contested, there's a reason they closed Axe of Belharza.

So your logic is essentially that because it's deserted is why it gets owned by a single faction. But what I'm suggesting is that it would be an actual campaign with INCENTIVE to be in IC. The reason it's deserted now is there is no incentive. If it were a real campaign or had objective value in Cyro then it wouldn't be deserted and therefore wouldn't be overrun. Make sense?
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I should be able to enter IC from the overworld cyrodiil map (bridges). Then we can talk.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the actual sewers. That my favorite place to PvP but it's so empty I don't really go there anymore.
  • Orpheaus
    Orpheaus
    ✭✭✭
    What about the actual sewers. That my favorite place to PvP but it's so empty I don't really go there anymore.

My outline was meant to include that the roaming sewer bosses would be worth one point each for your faction for the campaign. I feel like this would encourage a lot of roaming sewer groups since those things are everywhere down there. But also I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to maybe add 3 flags as well that act as objective points for the campaign?
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you guys remember that jawa merchant they put at the top of that hill on Tatooine in SWTOR?

hella pvp to gain access to that vendor - I feel like that was a missed opportunity with ESO's Golden weekend vendor.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or...you could just link IC objectives to the Cyrodiil campaigns...

Second, these are PvE objectives. People will just run around avoiding PvP and trying to sneak boss kills to farm with.

Also adding any more tel var bonuses to the game will crash the Hakeijo and potions markets and turn tel var into another uselessly inflated currency like AP. There are many people out there with hundreds of thousands or even millions of tel var sitting around. They could easily crash the markets already, but they choose not to. There is another population who currently have very high tel var per hour gains when farming who do affect the market prices of Hakeijo and potions daily based on how much they farm.

Honestly, I'd recommend ZOS makes tel var gain buffs harder to get. The current system is a cake walk, and they won't be able to add more valuable items to the tel var vendor if it keeps up without risking crashing a market each time.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • incite
    incite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ive been playing ic pvp for over a year now, 90% of the time solo.

2 reasons i play there:

1. No lag at all
    2. Mostly small scale (except for the zergs from time to time...)

ANYTHING that can stimulate ic pvp more, im game! Just leave your zerg at home

"The battle is fought in cyrodil, the war is won in IC" (IC promo) :blush:
    Edited by incite on February 27, 2017 12:09AM
    PC EU

no1 knows me, no1 cares about me but sshh, don't tell

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also adding any more tel var bonuses to the game will crash the Hakeijo and potions markets and turn tel var into another uselessly inflated currency like AP.

says the guy currently price gouging Hakeijo (12.2k when they are worth 9.8k)

As to the OP: Im all for it! PVE objectives do draw pvp - the Simulcrum of Molag Bal is a prime and enduring example of this. epic batles are fought in the center of the IC. I dont know many people that can solo the topside bosses either. I understand stealth killing them may be a problem, but wouldnt making them objectives draw others to the bosses and prevent players from gettinga stealth kill?

they would have to rework credit from pve kills. the current system of "tagging" a boss wont work

Edited by Rickter on February 27, 2017 4:34PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    Also adding any more tel var bonuses to the game will crash the Hakeijo and potions markets and turn tel var into another uselessly inflated currency like AP.

As to the OP: Im all for it! PVE objectives do draw pvp - the Simulcrum of Molag Bal is a prime and enduring example of this. epic batles are fought in the center of the IC. I dont know many people that can solo the topside bosses either. I understand stealth killing them may be a problem, but wouldnt making them objectives draw others to the bosses and prevent players from gettinga stealth kill?

they would have to rework credit from pve kills. the current system of "tagging" a boss wont work

You bet! Welcome to free markets, buddy. Items have no inherent value, only that determined by supply and demand. If I'm the only person listing hakeijo on major traders, you bet I'm raising the prices, and I've had the prices way higher than 12.2 over the last months! If you want them to fall, undercut me with your own hakeijo or pm me a counteroffer price below my listing price.

I farm the bosses solo and in small groups, and I have another 79 hakeijo in my inventory farmed in the last 2 days alone. I could crash the market easily if I wanted to and make way more money doing it, but I refrain from doing so.

Tel var is easily, easily farmable in mass quantities by halfway competent groups and a few keen individuals. Like I said, if any more tel var multipliers are added, tel var will lose value, and I think it's in a pretty good place right now.

I would love to see more meaning given to PvP objectives and bosses in IC, but not mere tel var multipliers... That is, unless more big ticket items were added to the vendor to absorb additional gains.
    Edited by NightbladeMechanics on February 27, 2017 5:14PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • PandaIsAPotato
    PandaIsAPotato
    ✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »

You bet! Welcome to free markets, buddy. Items have no inherent value, only that determined by supply and demand. If I'm the only person listing hakeijo on major traders, you bet I'm raising the prices, and I've had the prices way higher than 12.2 over the last months! If you want them to fall, undercut me with your own hakeijo or pm me a counteroffer price below my listing price.

I farm the bosses solo and in small groups, and I have another 79 hakeijo in my inventory farmed in the last 2 days alone. I could crash the market easily if I wanted to and make way more money doing it, but I refrain from doing so.

Tel var is easily, easily farmable in mass quantities by halfway competent groups and a few keen individuals. Like I said, if any more tel var multipliers are added, tel var will lose value, and I think it's in a pretty good place right now.

I would love to see more meaning given to PvP objectives and bosses in IC, but not mere tel var multipliers... That is, unless more big ticket items were added to the vendor to absorb additional gains.

Hey... You. Stop doing what I did lol... When I had emp in Axe of Ball sack all I did was farm Tel Var and sell Kura, ez money.
    Edited by PandaIsAPotato on February 27, 2017 7:19PM
    Supreme Leader Panda