The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PAX East 2017 ESO Meetup

calia1120
calia1120
✭✭✭
Seeing as how a bunch of us have been talking about this on Twitter for months, day and venue have been chosen for the ESO meet up for PAX East.

It'll be Saturday evening, March 11th around 7pm at Lucky's Lounge, a couple blocks from the convention center (http://luckyslounge.com).

If you're at PAX, come hang and grab a bite and some drinks. >:)

ObvUXPF.png
GM, Iron Bank of Bravos | The Psijic Order | Mara's Tester/Mara's Moxie | Dominion Imperial Guard
Council of Nirn | elderscrollsalliance.com | Addon Dev - part of the Wykkyd code team
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be there!!

Beerbong_Ginn WhiteCoatSyndrome Applinator Just spreading the word ;) Not sure if Dominoid plans on coming
    Edited by MissBizz on February 24, 2017 3:16PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    @Wicked_Wolf was coming to PAX as well I thought?
    GM, Iron Bank of Bravos | The Psijic Order | Mara's Tester/Mara's Moxie | Dominion Imperial Guard
    Council of Nirn | elderscrollsalliance.com | Addon Dev - part of the Wykkyd code team
  • Beerbong_Ginn
    Beerbong_Ginn
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds great!! Can't wait to see you all there!
    Helvius Inebriato - Imperial Dragonknight, Ebonheart Pact
    Belladonna Faleri - Imperial Sorcerer, Aldmeri Dominion
    Drinks-under-tables - Argonian Templar, Daggerfall Covenant
    Koh'rona gra-Beerchugger - Orc Nightblade, Daggerfall Covenant
    The Beerwench - Nord Warden, Ebonheart Pact
    Ican Hazbeer - Khajiit Sorcerer, Ebonheart Pact
    Yukan Hazbeer - Khajiit Nightblade, Ebonheart Pact
    Mama'Emeritus - Dunmer Dragonknight, Ebonheart Pact
    Mama'Meretrix - Dunmer Sorcerer, Ebonheart Pact
    Mama'Ignitus - Dunmer Templar, Ebonheart Pact
    Mama'Obscurus - Dunmer Nightblade, Ebonheart Pact
    Faeliinyth - Bosmer Warden, Ebonheart Pact
    Byress Ginerva - Breton Warden, Ebonheart Pact
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/beerbong_ginn Twitter: @BeerbongGinn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! Looking forward to seeing you all
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    calia1120 wrote: »

Until he admits Altmer are amazing I won't tag him. ;)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    I think I just saw something about @FENGRUSH making it to PAX as well?
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to tag those that I know are coming and get the word out.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll be there. I only live 35 minutes away!
  • Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Until he admits Altmer are amazing I won't tag him. ;)

NEVER!! Altmer are below skeevers. And I am officially on the topic now so =P
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I kinda wish we had these meet ups in LA/SD
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Was in LA last year and met with folks ;) Boston's turn... since I imagine you all are never going to come to Canada :tongue:
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    Well as mentioned a handful of us have been talking about it on Twitter for months now, and I live in the area, so I figured I'd suggest a place. If the ZOS crew comes along, the more the merrier!

Would be awesome to hang out with the likes of @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert and others when they actually get to relax.
  • Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well as mentioned a handful of us have been talking about it on Twitter for months now, and I live in the area, so I figured I'd suggest a place. If the ZOS crew comes along, the more the merrier!

Would be awesome to hang out with the likes of @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert and others when they actually get to relax.

I promise. I won't bring up pet wolves. (Well, maybe once, but I promise no more than that)
  • mApplinator
    mApplinator
    ✭✭✭
    HYPE! This is exciting - will be so cool to meet everybody. Fanboying a little bit... We don't get out much in Australia. >.>
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Applinator wrote: »
    HYPE! This is exciting - will be so cool to meet everybody. Fanboying a little bit... We don't get out much in Australia. >.>

Don't worry, I fangirl over Calia too
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Was in LA last year and met with folks ;) Boston's turn... since I imagine you all are never going to come to Canada :tongue:

Hopefully there's a meetup if they're going to LA again then :)
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    Applinator wrote: »

Don't worry, I fangirl over Calia too

Awww! Making me blush! :)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :open_mouth:

PAX is 2 weeks away...

ESO Live is every 2 weeks...

COULD IT BE?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @MissBizz for the tag, this sounds awesome. :smiley: I wonder if I can teach the bartender how to make a Two-Moon Cordial (I have a recipe for it now)...
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WhiteCoatSyndrome Fantastic! I wasn't sure if you would be there Saturday evening! Get a twitter if you don't have one so we can be in contact! I'm @MissBizzPlays on there.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @MissBizz I actually live within driving distance of Boston; I've been looking into buses and whatnot because I hate driving through Boston. Public transportation is generally the way to go for getting into and out of the city.

For those of you who've never been there, Boston streets are about as easy to navigate as a plate of spaghetti, and road signs seem to be against the state constitution. Traffic is always terrible; make sure to give yourself plenty of travel time to go anywhere by car. (To give you an idea of HOW terrible...I've had a ~20 minute drive stretch to OVER TWO HOURS during rush hour, just from the traffic. This is something of a worst-case scenario but...so you're warned.)

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MissBizz I actually live within driving distance of Boston; I've been looking into buses and whatnot because I hate driving through Boston. Public transportation is generally the way to go for getting into and out of the city.

For those of you who've never been there, Boston streets are about as easy to navigate as a plate of spaghetti, and road signs seem to be against the state constitution. Traffic is always terrible; make sure to give yourself plenty of travel time to go anywhere by car. (To give you an idea of HOW terrible...I've had a ~20 minute drive stretch to OVER TWO HOURS during rush hour, just from the traffic. This is something of a worst-case scenario but...so you're warned.)

I already have a plan.

Find hotel.
    Stay.
    Spend day getting lost exploring Boston.
    Find hotel again.
    1st day of Pax - Follow Calia everywhere. Repeat for 2 more days.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

For this part I will advise: keep the waterfront where you can see it when possible; it makes a useful landmark.
    Some of the trolley tours let you get a day pass to get on and off when you want; as in, you can get off at stop B, wander for a bit then get on the NEXT trolley from the same line to go to stop C, or walk over to stop E and get on a trolley from there to go to stop F. Some of them have maps you can grab too; I recommend do so if you can't get one at your hotel.

The USS Constitution ('Old Ironsides') is free to see, as is the associated museum and the USS Cassin Young next door. (Incidentally, the Cassin Young has a better tour.)
    The Museum of Science and and New England Aquarium are worth seeing, but those have an entrance fee.
    The Bunker Hill Monument is IIRC also free, but beware if you climb it--that is A LOT of stairs, and no where to sit down or rest all the way up or down.

Also, everything in Massachusetts is expensive, so be prepared for sticker shock.

EDIT: I almost forgot! Assuming there's no snow and you can see the pavement, Boston has a red line painted on the sidewalks that you can follow to most of the major tourist destinations.
    Edited by WhiteCoatSyndrome on February 24, 2017 11:21PM

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For this part I will advise: keep the waterfront where you can see it when possible; it makes a useful landmark.
    Some of the trolley tours let you get a day pass to get on and off when you want; as in, you can get off at stop B, wander for a bit then get on the NEXT trolley from the same line to go to stop C, or walk over to stop E and get on a trolley from there to go to stop F. Some of them have maps you can grab too; I recommend do so if you can't get one at your hotel.

The USS Constitution ('Old Ironsides') is free to see, as is the associated museum and the USS Cassin Young next door. (Incidentally, the Cassin Young has a better tour.)
    The Museum of Science and and New England Aquarium are worth seeing, but those have an entrance fee.
    The Bunker Hill Monument is IIRC also free, but beware if you climb it--that is A LOT of stairs, and no where to sit down or rest all the way up or down.

Also, everything in Massachusetts is expensive, so be prepared for sticker shock.

EDIT: I almost forgot! Assuming there's no snow and you can see the pavement, Boston has a red line painted on the sidewalks that you can follow to most of the major tourist destinations.

Currently playing Fallout 4 and following that red line ;) Although thank you!
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭

Fyi, it has been unseasonably warm the last few days. It was 65 degrees or so today (18.3 Celsius - @MissBizzPlays looking at you, silly Canadian :p) so the snow is gone. The T (as we like to call the MBTA) is the public transit and costs about $2 or so a fare and transfers between trains and buses to get around the city are usually free.

http://www.mbta.com/rider_tools/ is useful for getting around. There's a free bus called the silver line out of the airport that'll take you directly into south station and save you a hefty cab fare, and actually has a stop at the world Trade Center, so if you're staying at a hotel anywhere by the convention center that can save you QUITE a few dollars if you don't mind a short walk.

Faneuil Hall Marketplace has some great little shops and always has awesome street performances going on (and its right by the aquarium). Great if you're looking for souvenirs.
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    Another tip: if driving, don't park in the Marine industrial park on Northern Avenue. It's a nightmare.

Channelside Parking lot is way easier to get in and out of, and cheaper on the weekend. Also a shorter walk.
    Address: 284 A St, Boston, MA 02210
    Edited by calia1120 on February 25, 2017 12:15AM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fyi, it has been unseasonably warm the last few days. It was 65 degrees or so today (18.3 Celsius - @MissBizzPlays looking at you, silly Canadian :p) so the snow is gone.

But only a week or so ago we had a foot of snow. I'm not holding my breath that this nice warm spell will hold for the next two weeks. It is Mass weather we're talking about.

• mApplinator
    mApplinator
    ✭✭✭
    I already have a plan.

Find hotel.
    Stay.
    Find hotel again.
    1st day of Pax - Follow Calia everywhere. Repeat for 2 more days.

And my plan is follow Bizz ;)
    it has been unseasonably warm the last few days.

I'm going to freeze FML...

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fyi, it has been unseasonably warm the last few days. It was 65 degrees or so today (18.3 Celsius - @MissBizzPlays looking at you, silly Canadian :p) so the snow is gone.

But only a week or so ago we had a foot of snow. I'm not holding my breath that this nice warm spell will hold for the next two weeks. It is Mass weather we're talking about.

Canadian here. Don't worry, I can handle it ;)

Also, it's like "Here is the temp in C for EVERYONE but Americans" haha
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    The next 2 weeks can't go by fast enough for my liking.