Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

New Crafting - Jewelry

• mvffins
    mvffins
    ✭✭✭
    Jewelry appearing on character seems cool idea Vanthras
  • thegreybetween
    thegreybetween
    ✭✭✭
    Now that I've finally reached a point where I can start seriously considering crafting a solid gear rig (8 or 9 in everything), I have started doing the research as to which sets I'd most like to run, and being a hybrid, I have quite a few options. When planning out the best items for whichever slot for the two sets I intended to craft, it dawned on me: Wait, you can't run two crafted sets unless you can craft jewelry. So I came here looking for an answer as to whether or not this can/could be done, and I find this. Bummer.

Sign me up for the "Please add jewelry crafting" petition!

From all that I gather, none of the crafted sets are BiS and only a few are even considered non-laughable at the higher end of the spectrum. The inability to create two sets which can be worn simultaneously seems to be adding insult to injury for dedicated crafters - not only can you not make anything truly competitive, but you can't even reap a 2-set benefit without adding in a grind.

On a similar note, please sign me up for "Please let us change styles on items" as well. IF I'm going to be forced to wear a dropped set in addition to my crafted gear, it severely undermines the value of the vast array of crafting motifs we grind if we're ultimately going to be stuck with a mismatched pile of whatever anyway. I understand that the way the game tracks items at this point renders it difficult from a system standpoint, but given we already have a loose precedent with Imperial/Morag Tong conversions, it would be an awesome feature to see come down the pipe eventually.

From what I've read here, the main reasons we don't have jewelry crafting are:
    - With crafting would (hypothetically) come the ability to improve the quality of any jewelry item, even those of dropped sets, and giving players a dependable way to turn purple rings to gold would have a detrimental effect on the population of trial grinders. But this is a self-correcting issue: If people are only grinding trials for gold rings, then giving people the ability to gold out their own rings would eliminate the desire for everyone to grind trials anyway. Then trial populations are just the people who actually want to be there. Seems like a win.
    - Crafting Jewelry would create some weird anomalies, given that jewels only have three traits (as opposed to nine), and there is no dedicated skill line for them, which would throw off the current crafting regime. That's fair. But now that we have the announcement of "Chapters" coming once a year, and these chapters are slated to add functionality like new classes, systems, and play modes, I would hope that the systemic overhaul required to accommodate jewelry crafting would fit nicely with one of these massive new updates. I'd love to have fully crafted gear, jewelry included, shortly after Morrowind reaches its one-year anniversary.

Crafting in this game is so awesome. It only needs a few tweaks to be truly worthwhile. The ability to craft two 5-piece sets that can be worn/functional simultaneously is a big one. Giving us sets that have 5-piece bonuses worth crafting in the first place is another (and we have some decent contenders that don't need much now). And of course the ability to make our motif knowledge worthwhile by being able to style any item to fit with our chosen scheme is also a big one.

tl;dr:
    - Please add jewelry crafting
    - Please add style-change functionality
    Brings-the-Rain - Argonian Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact - CP278 (and steadily rising)
    Build: "lolz l2p n00b"
    Master Crafter | Werewolf | Solo PvE (so far) | ESO Plus | NA/PC via Steam

"Cool rain on your scales, friends."
  • Sparky617
    Sparky617
    ✭✭✭
    I have hoped for jewelry crafting since I first heard mention of it in an early ESO Live... There has still been no word on it what so ever... but look.. We have gotten 3 new zones and lots of dropped gear.
    Crafting is still one of the things that I love the most about ESO. and I would love to mix combinations of crafted sets by adding jewelry. I would also like to see jewelry crafter be able to craft gilded Scabbards, Quivers, and Charms that can be equipped in the off had slot for 2H, Bows, and Staves. This would allow those players to have the same set bonus options as Dual Wield and Sword/Shield players.
    C'mon @ZOS_GinaBruno ... Throw us crafters a bone please, or at least tell us why it isn't happening so we can stop hoping. It's only been 2 years
    Edited by Sparky617 on February 2, 2017 8:34PM
  • Sparky617
    Sparky617
    ✭✭✭
    Shameless bump.....
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather wish there was an animation for jewellery (though its robably prone to awful clipping).

There are some quest reward jewellery which have a different icon.. which I kept for ages.. just because I thought.. fancy.. not a standard looking necklace.. but the only one seeing it is me when I look in my inventory..

I'd also like crafting jewellery.. but actually seeing jewellery I would much prefer
    PC-EU @lientier