The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Banned for Emp AP Boosting???

• asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    please do not try to instigate the idea that players on top of leaderboards are being fed ap by other players. these top leaderboard players do not sit there with an army of players from other alliances giving them free kills for ap. they work hard, they are usually in a pvp guild and the guild works hard as well to get thier members on the leaderboard. they do this by taking objectives, crushing enemy forces ect. they do it by doing actual pvp. on top of that, many of them feed items to those working on leaderboard position due to the VERY HIGH COST IT TAKES TO GET TO THOSE SPOTS. ask anyone who is working on leaderboard position so they have a chance at emp, they will tell you they are flat out broke. they will make millions of ap in a single campaign and not have 1 ap to thier name.

wat really. I want free things D: why does no one give me free stuff when im in first QQ. Also my nb that is 1st for ep on the main campaign in NA has 19m ap on him and started the campaign a week ago w/ 15m. IMO its extremely hard to spend all the ap you make. I buy 20 camps at a time and will often times just place one for just myself preemptively or for 1 person in group who got killed. If someone who is first in a campaign told you they have no ap they are just lying trying to get free stuff from you. The only real cost is potions which for me is almost offset by the rewards for the worthy on their own.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • BooskySG
    BooskySG
    ✭✭✭
    I got 1st on leaderboards numerous times just by afking at N Morrowind Gate. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Druwe
    Druwe
    I can see the new resource tick thing creating resource flipping as an AP farm but how to prove it. Plus I am pretty sure a lot of people will be doing it.

Any form of exploiting to get higher on the leaderboards is pretty sad. Banning isn't ever going to be as effective as the sadness of a person's life who has to resort to that.....
    Druwe

K P Ciranwe - Templar Heals - Aldmeri Dominion - 561+CP -NA/PC

"The curse of much knowledge is often indecision."- Parthuurnax
  • VamppireGhost
    VamppireGhost
    ✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3675266/#Comment_3675266

Apparently Zeni does in fact consider boosting against the TOS. I will go ahead and post this since it has been asked but forum moderators have not been able to comment on it just yet for those of us who wanted an official answer to the question of boosting.

Ticket submitted: Asking if boosting is against TOS
    "As a PvP player I have seen on occasion methods of 'boosting' your AP to take the top spot on the leaderboards as have many other players in the game. Many believe it to be against the TOS and therefore cheating the game and do not use those methods. Currently the forums has a thread explicitly asking Zeni to give some guidance to the players with regard to the methods and if they are cheating or not cheating here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/311872/is-ap-boosting-allowed-or-is-it-against-the-terms-of-service-can-boosters-get-in-trouble
    There has not been a response in the forums yet even with a forum administrator being directly linked and asked for guidance on the question."

Ticket response:Response By (Zachary) (01/10/2017 10:22 AM)
    "Greetings (PvP player),

At this point, this practice would fall under:
    "You agree not to use any hardware or software or any other method of support that is not authorized by ZeniMax or that may in any way influence or advantage Your playing abilities, or influence or advantage Your use of the Services. Third party tools, the use of "bots", "speed hacks", "deep-link", "page-scrape", "robot", "spider", algorithms or other programs that copy or monitor any part of the Services (including, but not limited to, the Game(s) and/or forums), software that transmits, manipulates, or distributes (including, but are limited to, "mirroring") the data stream or any aspect of the Services to another computer, server websites or other publication or distribution media, or software that permits You to use Services without human input are examples of methods not authorized by ZeniMax."

This would be considered "any other method of support that is not authorized by ZeniMax" because we do not condone or endorse this method of play. Each claim of Terms of Service violations are investigated independently and then actioned appropriately.

We do not discuss the actions taken on other people's accounts, no matter what.

Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team"

Thank You. This is what I was looking for.
    "What a fool you are. I'm a god. How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. No Recall or Intervention can work in this place. Come. Lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy."
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »
    Assume a 10v10 scenario, and a fairly realistic time to flip flags (+ res turns) of 30sec.
    at 1800AP base-tick (not split liek def tick + the portion of off ticks that matters today, at least the current, puny, base-ticks aren't), every player gets 1800AP ever min.

Have you tested this? It's an even worse zerg encourager than the old AP bonus for large groups
    Edited by cschwingeb14_ESO on February 4, 2017 12:20AM