The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Banned for Emp AP Boosting???

VamppireGhost
VamppireGhost
✭✭
So ZOS and fellow ESOers....is or will ESO have the rule where people who boost AP to get Emp get banned. I haven't done it, but talked with someone who thinks it will be bannable and I dont agree with it. I work hard for my AP, and sure I get upset when someone comes in to my Camp and gets 100k+/ hr....but so what. This is just a game. Work hard.....make a good build....make friends and build up your Guilds and Rep and you will be able to wipe anyone. Strength in numbers. It's just a game. Stop complaining about other people being OP....or Boosting or getting too rich too fast. Im tired of nurfs for people who work hard for their game just to have it broken the next patch because some low level cant get Emp....or because Cancer Build are too OP. EVERYONE HAS A WEAKNESS.....in ESO find your enemies and exploit it.....not "ZOS Complaint Inbox".
"What a fool you are. I'm a god. How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. No Recall or Intervention can work in this place. Come. Lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy."
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do mean my boost ? I could care less about emp, but I do not like people cheating or exploiting to get anything in a game, but I doubt zos will ban you unless someone is making threats to them.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do mean my boost ? I could care less about emp, but I do not like people cheating or exploiting to get anything in a game, but I doubt zos will ban you unless someone is making threats to them.

Boost for defense ticks most likely, idk
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

Yep. Head to resource alone. Have twenty guildies show up with enemy faction alts and raid it, then leave. Farm huge defense ticks.
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Yep. Head to resource alone. Have twenty guildies show up with enemy faction alts and raid it, then leave. Farm huge defense ticks.

I would love for Crown to weigh in on this thread. He has some "unique" and "proprietary" techniques for farming AP.

It seems to be especially effective when there is little to no fighting on the map.

• ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It won't be very effective to farm AP for emp this way. You'll draw attention on the map. Most emp farmers work underground in delves or IC.
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

That is, as far as I know - a bannable offence & people *have* been banned for it :)
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A certain grand overlord on PC EU got banned for this. Among other things. But you can always pretend you're roleplaying and reenacting a war at a resource if you get caught :3
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A certain grand overlord on PC EU got banned for this. Among other things. But you can always pretend you're roleplaying and reenacting a war at a resource if you get caught :3

Really? Could you PM me who? :D

Never heard of anyone beeing banned of this, despise video proof. "Gray Area."

EDIT: I'm pretty sure i figured it out, coudl it be related to your sig? ;) Pretty sure that ban wasn't ap feeding related though.
    Edited by themdogesbite on January 29, 2017 8:24PM
    :]
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't done it

Right ...
    rolleyes.gif
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? Could you PM me who? :D

Never heard of anyone beeing banned of this, despise video proof. "Gray Area."

EDIT: I'm pretty sure i figured it out, coudl it be related to your sig? ;) Pretty sure that ban wasn't ap feeding related though.

That's why I said "among other things". He got banned several times for various reasons.
  • VamppireGhost
    VamppireGhost
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    I haven't done it

Right ...
    rolleyes.gif

My Higest Alliance Rank is a First Sargent....and he is a Healer. I am not to big on PvP due to lack of objectives PvP offers. Its just all hack and slash. So I just get my Assault and Support Maxed and then dont go back. So yeah I don't boost. And don't wouldn't know how to do it effectively. I was just posting this because a Guild Mate brought up the discussion and I was wondering if it was really bannable for doing. Never heard of anyone getting banned for it before. So stop being a troll.
    "What a fool you are. I'm a god. How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. No Recall or Intervention can work in this place. Come. Lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy."
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »
    It won't be very effective to farm AP for emp this way. You'll draw attention on the map. Most emp farmers work underground in delves or IC.

Unless You walk on totally empty campaign call 20 guild friends and kill them few times to get AP's then repair walls they destroyed earning defense ticks etc and then when You get 1st place on leaderboard that 20 friends relog to help You siege empty keeps. Many many people get emperor that way inside larger guilds by repeating same scenario and just replacin current emperor which also was their guild member.. You can get emperor title and skin quickly but that's it. Noone to kill as emperor. Tbh I am wondering to get empror that way one day in the future ,so if that would be bannable it would be good to know it.
    Edited by Juhasow on January 30, 2017 1:24AM
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Getting players from other factions to feed you AP should be a bannable offence. Don't do it.

Getting people on your own faction to feed you ticks is more of a grey area. Example, a group of players earn 20k AP at a resource then all but 1 leave the resource so that 1 person gets the entire tick. I don't think you can get banned for this but you can cause a lot of people to dislike you. People within your guild may not like giving their AP to the person so it may cause guild drama. Your faction won't like you trying to control the leaderboard and won't help with emperor crownings / defenses and your guild will get a bad reputation.

Best way is just to get gud, and get #1 legitimately from killing people. If that's too hard then you shouldn't be emperor anyway.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Iliaz
    Iliaz
    ✭✭
    If it's a certain someone on PC EU, then he should totally be banned for it, he already got caught. Shame he isn't banned yet.
    But i heard he claims he is "LEGIT FARMING" the AP. (It's sad enough that somebody even defends this cheater)
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting players from other factions to feed you AP should be a bannable offence. Don't do it.

Getting people on your own faction to feed you ticks is more of a grey area. Example, a group of players earn 20k AP at a resource then all but 1 leave the resource so that 1 person gets the entire tick. I don't think you can get banned for this but you can cause a lot of people to dislike you. People within your guild may not like giving their AP to the person so it may cause guild drama. Your faction won't like you trying to control the leaderboard and won't help with emperor crownings / defenses and your guild will get a bad reputation.

Best way is just to get gud, and get #1 legitimately from killing people. If that's too hard then you shouldn't be emperor anyway.

@IxSTALKERxI Most guilds I've heared was doing this was non PvP but roleplay or PvE focused guilds that wanted just emperor. So they basicly dont care about reputation etc they just want skin , title , achievement and colour. They come with 10-20 members group on empty campaign and just replacing person that will get emperor so at the end everyone gets it.
    Edited by Juhasow on January 30, 2017 1:29AM
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

@IxSTALKERxI Most guilds I've heared was doing this was non PvP but roleplay or PvE focused guilds that wanted just emperor. So they basicly dont care about reputation etc they just want skin , title , achievement and colour. They come with 10-20 members group on empty campaign and just replacing person that will get emperor so at the end everyone gets it.

So is this group of 10 or so legitimately killing the few enemies on the other factions, and occasionally giving 1 person a defense tick to themselves to make them above the other group members on the leaderboard?
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this will be so much worse if the new ticks from pts go live and people start flipping resources 10v10 for tons of AP for everyone involved (and not only a single player boosted).

Assume a 10v10 scenario, and a fairly realistic time to flip flags (+ res turns) of 30sec.
    at 1800AP base-tick (not split liek def tick + the portion of off ticks that matters today, at least the current, puny, base-ticks aren't), every player gets 1800AP ever min.
    108k AP/h isn't spectacular but it is good, even by guild-group standards, nonetheless. dunno if groups like ZS make much more on a reliable basis, but personally, I'm already pretty happy with 70+ and I think the average players makes way less than 50k/h.

Now keep in mind that you can even improve this AP gain, essentially eclipsing even the best groups' AP gain, by:
    1) killing 9 of the enemy players every few minutes (will decrease the flip speed but give pretty solid AP after few minutes)
    2) heal AP (not as little as you'd think it is, cvould even jump off the tower into mage's AoE while turning for almost no time lost)
    3) having a truely empty campaign and ding the same thing within an unrepped keep for 6k AP per turn (and maybe more than 30sec per turn, but w/e)

Personally, I really like bigger ticks to give more incentive to solo taking resources deep into enemy territory (because people now WILL show up to take it back and not ignore it for hours in less packed campaigns). However, this change is dangerous and would essentially inflate ARanks and AP/gold ratio incredibly. Even worse: it's not even fun to do, so only true scum will grind this way for their AR50. But they will.

Imho the best counter-measure would be to make base ticks split across involved players. Just like def-ticks and the variable portion of off-ticks. That way, solo taking resources is still more fun than before, you can expect MUCH more action doing so and, to some extend, ZOS' target of "people should split up because of incentives" can be achieved.
    Edited by Kas on January 30, 2017 11:09AM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • BFT88
    BFT88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your title is misleading. Thank you for wasting my time.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having people from rival factions die to you and reap all the rewards yourself is frowned upon, maybe case for ZOS to take action.

Having your raid wipe an enemy one in a real fight then leave you to claim a def tick alone is fine, this is just guild/alliance teamwork to push their desired player.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PC EU guy didnt get banned for that it was something else.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@AbraXuSeXile you're still alive!? :scream:

I miss reading about you upsetting everyone, it's not quite the same reading these forums without your smug posting.

That said you probably didn't leave and I just don't read those threads any more since taking a break.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please do not try to instigate the idea that players on top of leaderboards are being fed ap by other players. these top leaderboard players do not sit there with an army of players from other alliances giving them free kills for ap. they work hard, they are usually in a pvp guild and the guild works hard as well to get thier members on the leaderboard. they do this by taking objectives, crushing enemy forces ect. they do it by doing actual pvp. on top of that, many of them feed items to those working on leaderboard position due to the VERY HIGH COST IT TAKES TO GET TO THOSE SPOTS. ask anyone who is working on leaderboard position so they have a chance at emp, they will tell you they are flat out broke. they will make millions of ap in a single campaign and not have 1 ap to thier name.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • Iliaz
    Iliaz
    ✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    please do not try to instigate the idea that players on top of leaderboards are being fed ap by other players. these top leaderboard players do not sit there with an army of players from other alliances giving them free kills for ap. they work hard, they are usually in a pvp guild and the guild works hard as well to get thier members on the leaderboard. they do this by taking objectives, crushing enemy forces ect. they do it by doing actual pvp. on top of that, many of them feed items to those working on leaderboard position due to the VERY HIGH COST IT TAKES TO GET TO THOSE SPOTS. ask anyone who is working on leaderboard position so they have a chance at emp, they will tell you they are flat out broke. they will make millions of ap in a single campaign and not have 1 ap to thier name.

Like a certain someone on PC EU right now riiiiight? :D hahaha funny
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »

It's a lot of work, no doubt, but at the start of every campaign (and I've been online during the reset a few times) I start seeing DC forward camps popping up in the strangest places. I'm usually on the front pushing whatever keep I can with one or two randoms, and I see names starting to accumulate AP very quickly, but those names are no where near the fights (the real fights involving map objectives).
    I can't see the EP or AD forward camps on the map, but I'm sure they're out there.
    By the end of most campaigns the top of the leaderboard is held by people I know are good players, but the start of the campaign is always shady, and sometimes those names are still present at the end too.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3675266/#Comment_3675266

Apparently Zeni does in fact consider boosting against the TOS. I will go ahead and post this since it has been asked but forum moderators have not been able to comment on it just yet for those of us who wanted an official answer to the question of boosting.

Ticket submitted: Asking if boosting is against TOS
    "As a PvP player I have seen on occasion methods of 'boosting' your AP to take the top spot on the leaderboards as have many other players in the game. Many believe it to be against the TOS and therefore cheating the game and do not use those methods. Currently the forums has a thread explicitly asking Zeni to give some guidance to the players with regard to the methods and if they are cheating or not cheating here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/311872/is-ap-boosting-allowed-or-is-it-against-the-terms-of-service-can-boosters-get-in-trouble
    There has not been a response in the forums yet even with a forum administrator being directly linked and asked for guidance on the question."

Ticket response:Response By (Zachary) (01/10/2017 10:22 AM)
    "Greetings (PvP player),

At this point, this practice would fall under:
    "You agree not to use any hardware or software or any other method of support that is not authorized by ZeniMax or that may in any way influence or advantage Your playing abilities, or influence or advantage Your use of the Services. Third party tools, the use of "bots", "speed hacks", "deep-link", "page-scrape", "robot", "spider", algorithms or other programs that copy or monitor any part of the Services (including, but not limited to, the Game(s) and/or forums), software that transmits, manipulates, or distributes (including, but are limited to, "mirroring") the data stream or any aspect of the Services to another computer, server websites or other publication or distribution media, or software that permits You to use Services without human input are examples of methods not authorized by ZeniMax."

This would be considered "any other method of support that is not authorized by ZeniMax" because we do not condone or endorse this method of play. Each claim of Terms of Service violations are investigated independently and then actioned appropriately.

We do not discuss the actions taken on other people's accounts, no matter what.

Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team"
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for telling us how to do it! Really don care for PvP, but like everyone I'd like to earn the title.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been a victim to this. I also watched a guildie be victim to this. it really sucks. I was for sure it was a bannable offense but even with video proof, nothing was done to this player.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Victoria_Marquis
    Victoria_Marquis
    ✭✭✭
    As if late this is what is going on in XB1, big Guilds with people on opposite factions attacking each other at resources areas, they take the resources, then let the other guild mates take it back.
    Both sides AP farming get massive points doing this all day.
    Not sure if this is a bendable offences or not but it sure is a *** thing to do.
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

@AbraXuSeXile you're still alive!? :scream:

I miss reading about you upsetting everyone, it's not quite the same reading these forums without your smug posting.

That said you probably didn't leave and I just don't read those threads any more since taking a break.

I left for around 7 months, i'm around more often but nowhere near as hardcore as i used to be :)
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• VampTepez
    VampTepez
    Soul Shriven
    I lost earning emp on bwb due to someone buying in game gold and buying wall repairs. This was over a year ago but all he did was run around repairing walls. A hard fight ends he shows up to repair walls. No matter what time of day he was always on the entire campaign. European friends would see him on when I was off. He had someone else who would play his account so he could sleep. That person was never banned even after verbally admitting to it and ticket submissions being placed against him, and the next campaign they did the same thing for one of his friends.

After that I gave up on trying for emp.. I have come close so many times on bwb but gave up and switched campaings. Atleast they got the cp people out of it who weren't good enough to earn emp on a cp campaign so they would go to bwb where boobs were and walk over everyone.