Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

For "Nature Slayer" Achievement, Where Do We Find Creatures?

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RozMayan wrote: »

Edit: I was the one going crazy. I was thinking of hoarvers, not nereids. I don't even know where to begin looking for nereids. I tried searching Google images to even see what they look like, but no go. Any ideas?

Think Mermaids that don't have a tail, and they are all blue and made of water. If you run north from Vulkhel Guard on the way to Elden Root, the first pond you pass has some floating around the north end of it. They also respawn quite quickly so you can farm them.

And, it's not an easy fight, just saying.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaxom wrote: »
    Does anyone know whether you have to be within a certain level range for it to apply or can I go to Auridon and one shot mudcrabs for the achievement?

Mudcrabs are how I usually fill Soul Gems, so hopefully they count.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Jaxom wrote: »
    Does anyone know whether you have to be within a certain level range for it to apply or can I go to Auridon and one shot mudcrabs for the achievement?

Mudcrabs are how I usually fill Soul Gems, so hopefully they count.

I can confirm, level doesnt matter for the achievement. Level does matter for soul gems. You cant fill level 50 soul gems with anything lower than that level.
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    confirmed: Wispmother and wisps count as "water-based"

Greenshade is the best area to farm then. Northeast of Woodhearth
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Whisper292
    Whisper292
    ✭✭✭
    Mudcrabs are chitinous, not water-based.
    ---
    Love all, trust few, do wrong to no one. - William Shakespeare
  • FearlessAce
    FearlessAce
    ✭✭✭
    Shalk, however (the large obviously chitinous beetles in Stonefalls) do NOT count towards your Chitinous creatures total. Neither do Kwama Workers, or Scribs. Despite the obvious exoskeletons...
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know if there are aggressive netches anywhere outside Vet Darkshade Caverns? I usually tank so rarely get in the deathblow on dungeon enemies. I also refuse to kill anything that will not try to kill me, so killing random friendly netches in Coldharbour is not something I want to do. It would be great if there were aggressive netches in a solo area.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dekkameron wrote: »
    confirmed: Wispmother and wisps count as "water-based"

Greenshade is the best area to farm then. Northeast of Woodhearth

I farmed my wisps in Crows Wood, you just need to watch that too many don't gang up on you at a time.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shalk, however (the large obviously chitinous beetles in Stonefalls) do NOT count towards your Chitinous creatures total. Neither do Kwama Workers, or Scribs. Despite the obvious exoskeletons...

I think shalk and kwama are "insect-like" as they have 6 legs.
    The Moot Councillor
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cogo wrote: »
    Anyone ever tried to play to have fun, and not go by a list what to kill, where it is?

We do. But sometimes "fun" is to purposely set out to complete an achievement.

Most of the achievements needed for the Monster Hunter title are achieved organically, but some mobs are harder to find than others. In my case Frost Atronachs for the Daedra Slayer achivement.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A couple of good spots for water-based creatures:
    Nereid: Shrine to Azura in Stormhaven
    Nereid Temple Cave which is south-west of Dread Vullian (follow the road) in Greenshade.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Useful achievement locations for the basic zones of the Pact:

Stonefalls

Netches (various)
    Insect-Like: Nix Hounds (various), Shalks and Kwama (Senie), Spiders (Fungal Grotto, Mephala's Nest)
    Chitinous: Mudcrabs (various), Dreugh (near Corral Heart/Dagger's Point Invasion Camp, The Matron's Clutch)
    Dwemmer Constructs (Inner Sea Armature)

Deshaan

Ghosts (Forgotten Crypts)
    Skeletons (Forgotten Crypts)
    Zombies (Malbourn Compound in Quarantine Serk, area around Obsidian Gorge)
    Bestial Daedra: Clannfear (Ash Mountain)
    Humanoid Daedra: Scamps (Ash Mountain)
    Dwemmer Constructs (Bthanual)

Shadowfen

Lizard-Like: Kagouti, Crocodiles, Wamasu
    Plant-Like: Stranglers (Xal Ithix)
    Water-Based: Wisps (Deep Graves)

Eastmarch

Water-Based: Ice wraiths (Hall of the Dead)
    Giant-Kin: Giants (Lower Yorgrim)
    Vampires (Wittestadr)

The Rift

Giant-Kin: Giants (Giant Camp)
    Vampires (various)
    Dwemmer Constructs (Mzulft)
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Acid_Glow
    Acid_Glow
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks alot guys for the info!!! :)

PS4 Username AcidGlow
    {}Guilds{}
    Marmalade Boys
    ============================================ Characters ======================================================
    Morel Mackernasy Mag DK DPS
    Fuji-tora Magicka Mag Sorc DPS
    Heals-with-Skooma Healer
    Sajin Komamura Stam Night Blade Khajiit DPS
    Fire-King ReinHeardt Orc Stam DK DPS

• esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    I thought crocs count as beasts.
    MY CHARACTERS

Clouse the White Warden - Breton AD MAG Warden
    Jaro the Wild Changeling - Bosmer AD STAM Warden