Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The reactions to the new expansion - Morrowind

• runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair this is at least the 4th time they've promised something about their remuneration model and then went back on their word. Not the first. It's obviously not about people being cheap. It's a downward slide of disrespect that's laughably predictable at this point.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ioulaum wrote: »
    Seriously, what is wrong with you people?

And spare me your tales of your righteous crusades against corporate money grabbing.
    If you think something is not worth the price, don't buy it!

It's that easy.

You think it looks good and you will get a lot of entertainment for the announced price. That's okay.
    You think that you are being scammed and you won't get enough for the price. That's okay as well.

What is not okay is behaving like a bunch of manchildren over 40$.
    And yes I realize that this amount of money is quite large for people in some countries. But as with anything else - if you can't afford it, don't buy it. I can't afford a BMW. I don't *** and complain on the BMW forums that their cars are too expensive for me.

Yeah.. I'm completely with you OP. I just can't even grasp the concept that an expansion would be part of the sub..
    ZOS must feel like this is a nightmare they want to wake up from.. They made this awesome expansion, charged a reasonable price for it, offered several versions (price ranges), and people are upset they don't get it for free or can't buy it with crowns...

I'd like to add.. at least for me.. ESO is the only MMO I have ever played that has sales on their cash shop credits.. gives their subscribers crows/credits to use to either buy DLC content or stuff in their shop. MMOs like WOW and FFXIV just offer certain bonuses to subbing... and always charge for expansions.

I have to reiterate what the OP already said really.... WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!!!!!!

ofcourse there is no way zos could have seen this backlash coming. I mean it isn't like they went around and changed the wording on the eso plus memberships just so this exact thing would be covered. There is no way they saw this coming at all...
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm like %100 sure that OP is my soulmate.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NovaShadow wrote: »
    NovaShadow wrote: »
    AlMcFly wrote: »
    old_mufasa wrote: »
    What if you agreed to pay BMW a monthly fee and in return you could drive any car they offered at the time and in the future. Then one day, they release the car of your dreams and you expect to have access to drive that car. However, BMW says, 'Sorry, this is actually an automobile, not a car, so you'll have to pay full price for this one.'

Except for the fact that this analogy is bad and a complete lie.

FACT: ZOS never promised that ESO+ gave you the ability to play free* all content that will ever be produced, ever, until the end of time.

This is a better analogy for you blockheads:

You agreed to pay BMW a monthly fee and in return you could drive any sedan released at no extra charge. Then one day, they release an awesome SUV and you expect to have access to drive that SUV. However, BMW says, 'Sorry, that's an SUV, not a Sedan.

All car companies are in agreement the differences between a Sedan and SUV. Just because you choose to disagree with what an SUV is, doesn't mean you are right. You aren't the decision-maker.

Everyone in the videogame world knows, and agrees, on the distinction between DLC and Expansion. Get with the program.

Maybe you need to read what the ESO plus said it would be giving...

eso-plus.jpg

It said ALL DOWN LOADABLE CONTENT...

Morrowind is down loadable content...

So better analogy for you tiny minded people is

You agreed to pay BMW a monthly fee and in return you could drive any sedan released at no extra charge. Then one day, they release a green sedan's as green Sedan XL edition and you expect to have access to drive what is a sedan. However, BMW says, 'Sorry, that's an Sedan XL, not a Sedan.

Just because they relabel it does not change that it's down loadable content.

Downloadable Content. DLC. Downloadable Content. DLC. Downloadable Content. DLC. DownLoadable Content. How is this confusing? DLC has always, for years, been handled separately from Expansions, in every single MMO produced.

Technically you'll still be DOWNLOADING Morrowind, so technically it IS downloadable content.
    Technically, you're wrong. This is the first one since the original release that is available with a hard copy of the game, i.e. a disk, and is available with physical items. So this becomes an Expansion, not just DLC.
    If the majority of you forum trolls had played anything besides Hello Kitty Island you might understand this.

WTF is Hello Kitty Island???

The DLC can be downloaded (and used via disk as you say). I guess you're ignoring the fact that those who digitally upgrade will be DOWNLOADING the update not using a disk, therefore, it's a DLC.

Expansion/DLC. It is just a name. ZOS are calling it an expansion to get more money out of people, all these collectables are simply pulling on people's nostalgia from the old days.

I don't know what trolling you're talking about, point out the facts is NOT trolling. Facts are facts. If you refuse to believe the facts take your 'alternative facts' elsewhere.
    Oh, well, since you put it that way I guess since I DOWNLOADED the original ESO at relase instead of getting a physical copy of it I should get a refund because I had to pay for it....

This was before eso + and the concept of receiving all downloadable content at no additional charge was thought of. Using the retroactive argument doesnt work in this case. In addition one has to buy the initial base game in order to receive eso + benifits. Eso + doesn't work in reverse only on future content.

Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard expansion to sell, they gotta do better next time. That was my first impression.
    Edited by Sausage on February 1, 2017 6:28AM
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »
    Hard expansion to sell, they gotta do better next time. That was my first impression.

Vvardenfell? I really don't think that's anything near being hard to sell. It was actually pretty smart imo, there are a ton of TES: Morrowind fans out there (including me) that are going to snatch this up very quickly.
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stovahkiin wrote: »

Vvardenfell? I really don't think that's anything near being hard to sell. It was actually pretty smart imo, there are a ton of TES: Morrowind fans out there (including me) that are going to snatch this up very quickly.

From MMORPG's gamers perspective, this aint nothing special and in modern world, this aint gonna make it. Hopefully it generates at least a bit of hype.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

From MMORPG's gamers perspective, this aint nothing special and in modern world, this aint gonna make it. Hopefully it generates at least a bit of hype.

Welp, like I was saying, they seemed to be targeting the older ES audience with this expansion, as well as providing other things that should/would/might appeal to other gamers (battlegrounds and a new class)
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Welp, like I was saying, they seemed to be targeting the older ES audience with this expansion, as well as providing other things that should/would/might appeal to other gamers (battlegrounds and a new class)

Thats fine, Ive said it all along, its ES players who remain in this game. But they didnt exactly hit homerun with this.
  • S1ipperyJim
    S1ipperyJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A gaffe is a gaffe no matter who says it.

It wasn't actually a 'gaffe' since Morrowind is in fact, DLC = Downloadable Content, and the Devs are obviously the Source of Truth re ESO. It was more likely a Freudian Slip, which is one reason live streams are often far more revealing than legally approved and vetted official marketing campaign materials. For your information, Devs themselves don't always agree with the way their work is marketed.

It's probably worth mentioning that ZOS marketing themselves aren't really referring to Morrowind as an expansion but a 'new chapter'.

For those interested, here is a really interesting piece on the difference between an expansion and a DLC (not really supporting any particular stance):

http://www.learntocounter.com/why-expansion-packs-are-superior-to-dlc/

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well ,that was my reaction after remix of TES 3 main theme at the end of trailer:
    hype.jpg
    Edited by Cinbri on February 1, 2017 7:51AM
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You cannot walk into Louis Vuitton with $10 in your pocket and expect to walk out with a bag.

Actually, you can. But you must walk out really fast.
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    I can't afford a BMW. I don't *** and complain on the BMW forums that their cars are too expensive for me.

I'm sure you can conceive that there is a difference between 'crying that you can't afford a BMW' and being vocally miffed that BMW's Subscription Program which you already purchased, allowing you to test drive any future BMW as long as you want for free, was suddenly completely truncated based on weasel words.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totes-Bode wrote: »
    I can't afford a BMW. I don't *** and complain on the BMW forums that their cars are too expensive for me.

I'm sure you can conceive that there is a difference between 'crying that you can't afford a BMW' and being vocally miffed that BMW's Subscription Program which you already purchased, allowing you to test drive any future BMW as long as you want for free, was suddenly completely truncated based on weasel words.

"Weasel Words"? Please expound. I love alliteration and this one sounds like fun to use in standard conversation.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    Totes-Bode wrote: »

"Weasel Words"? Please expound. I love alliteration and this one sounds like fun to use in standard conversation.

apparently what it means is that now instead of assumed 4 dlc's per year being covered by ESO plus - its 3 DLC's per year being covered by ESO plus. with one of them being expanded into chapter and sold separately. now.. I personaly? have no problem with that, as 1. I prefer to buy content ala carte anyways, and 2, i have ESO plus for crafting bag, double the decoration limit for homestead, ability to mess around with colors on my various outfits at will and steady stream of crowns. I also very much like it that I don't have to stay subscribed and have an option of just buying content outright and still be able to enjoy the game other then fluff above - just fine. but.. I guess people feel betrayed because ESO plus doesn't allow them to rent everything at no additional cost? /shrug.
    Edited by Linaleah on February 1, 2017 5:57PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    old_mufasa wrote: »
    Seriously, what is wrong with you people?

And spare me your tales of your righteous crusades against corporate money grabbing.
    If you think something is not worth the price, don't buy it!

It's that easy.

You think it looks good and you will get a lot of entertainment for the announced price. That's okay.
    You think that you are being scammed and you won't get enough for the price. That's okay as well.

What is not okay is behaving like a bunch of manchildren over 40$.
    And yes I realize that this amount of money is quite large for people in some countries. But as with anything else - if you can't afford it, don't buy it. I can't afford a BMW. I don't *** and complain on the BMW forums that their cars are too expensive for me.

Take your own advice and grow up..

Maybe when you grow up and understand that when you pay for a service that said certain obligation will be met per year and they renege on said obligation the consumer has every right to complain.

You seem to be particularly attacking OPs adulthood, is there anything you're insecure about yourself?

Not to mention you believing that ZOS is bound by any kind of obligation to you just because you're giving them money is cute. You agreed to their terms of service, not the other way around.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • roglog
    roglog
    Soul Shriven
    Overreact much? They could have made a watered down version of Vvardenfell and gave it away free with a sub, you know, so as to not upset anyone, lol... but no they threw the man power behind this to bring us full blown killer expansion.
    The reaction here is equivalent to going to the hospital and your baby is born, then realize they didn't validate your parking and destroy the joyous occasion over something so infinitesimal in comparison.
  • Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No sense in just adding to the existing threads. In the next 48 hours:

I predict at least 3 more threads started about the perceived injustice.
    I also predict at least 2 more threads trying to reason with or calm the perturbed.
    #AlmostGood@ESO
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hand_Bacon wrote: »
    No sense in just adding to the existing threads. In the next 48 hours:

I predict at least 3 more threads started about the perceived injustice.
    I also predict at least 2 more threads trying to reason with or calm the perturbed.

Only 3? I don't think you give your fellow posters enough credit. I'd say at least a dozen, in less than 48 hours, 1/2 of which will end up getting deleted. :)
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's awesome. Actually very surprised we got Vvardenfell "Morrowind" this early in ESO's life.

I just really hope that ZOS will beef up the servers because you are going to get everyone + people coming back to the game + all the new players incoming because this.
  • Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »

Only 3? I don't think you give your fellow posters enough credit. I'd say at least a dozen, in less than 48 hours, 1/2 of which will end up getting deleted. :)

You are probably correct as I already see 1 new one apiece.
    #AlmostGood@ESO
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if you agreed to pay BMW a monthly fee and in return you could drive any car they offered at the time and in the future. Then one day, they release the car of your dreams and you expect to have access to drive that car. However, BMW says, 'Sorry, this is actually an automobile, not a car, so you'll have to pay full price for this one.'

i feel like that monthly fee would be for any used car. then they come out with a new car and you expect to drive that too...
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Ioulaum
    Ioulaum
    ✭✭
    Thats fine, Ive said it all along, its ES players who remain in this game. But they didnt exactly hit homerun with this.

How to spot a teenager.
    Here son, let me help you with a bit of RPG history.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-elder-scrolls-iii-morrowind

Also: name a single MMO that seems special and innovative to you now.
    I can pretty much guarantee that it will be worse and do worse financially compared to the Morrowind expansion for ESO.