Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind Pre-Order FAQ"

• AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will extra character slots be available once the new expansion hits live ?
    DHale wrote: »
    Love the reveal today. My question is I have 12 max characters with horse and bag space leveled. So deleting a character seems to be drastic and unecessary. Will there be a way to get another character slot or two? Hate to not have a warden especially if it adds new game play elements.

This.
  • Santiak
    Santiak
    Soul Shriven
    FLambda wrote: »
    Santiak wrote: »
    A quick note and a couple of questions:
    4. Will ESO:Morrowind be treated as a standalone on Steam? (seperate entry in library)
    The Steam listing for ESO:Morrowind says, "This content requires the base game The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™ on Steam in order to play." That to me says that it will not have a separate listing inside the library, but will be listed under the Steam DLC section.
    Santiak wrote: »
    8. Am I asking too many question? ;P
    No, no you are not. :smiley:

Ah, excellent point - cheers ^^
    And good to hear ;)
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will we be able to continue to play with friends who just have Tamriel Unlimited, but not the Morrowind Edition? Just for the original areas plus DLC we have in common, of course.

If we had the Imperial Edition Upgrade (non Crown Store) before, will this be overwritten by the Morrowind Edition? (The display on our account page here is a bit confusing)

Since this is not available via the Crown Store, is the Morrowind Edition plus all the pre-order / Collector's Edition bonuses available on NA and EU servers or just the one where we login first?

And, as others asked before - do we get more character slots? Or alternatively the option to change a character's class. I'm not sure I could decide who of my current characters to delete to be able to try the new class.

Could you make Naryu's Journal available in digital format as well, for the Digital Collector's Edition?

Edited by feyii on February 1, 2017 8:41AM
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems as though the digital collector's upgrade excluding the base game is more expensive on Steam than with other local retailers. Since I've only ever bought/played my ESO game through Steam, would it be possible for me to purchase Morrowind through a different vendor and activate it on steam afterwards?
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning folks!

So I've just seen the announcement and watched the trailer - my god, what an awesome trailer!

I'm sorely tempted to purchase and hop back in, but I just had a quick question I hoped you'd be able to help me with @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom.

The new class looks terrific, but class aside, how does this expansion compare in size and scope to the DLCs like Wrothgar in terms of landmass, PVE open world content and quests etc? How much bigger is it?

Thanks, and big congrats to all the regulars and ZOS on what looks to be a promising new chapter!
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • TrepChains
    TrepChains
    Soul Shriven
    DschiPeunt wrote: »
    My question is this: If I already own ESO: TU and order the physical Collector's edition, will I be able to add the expansion to my existing account? If so, will I be able to use the included version of the base game as a 2nd account with no access to Morrowind.
    So basically I want to know, if I can split the base game and the Morrowind expansion from the physical Collector's edition.

This is my question also. I prefer to have physical copies of games / expansions. However there only appears to be physical copies that include both the expansion and the base game, with a price to match.

Hence are 2 different keys included (one for base game, and a separate code for the expansion)?

If this is the case, it would allow me to get the physical expansion, and give the base game (which I already have) to a friend.
  • Palindiil
    Palindiil
    ✭✭✭
    Further to this, I'd like to know whether, if I order the physical collector's edition, I can attach the pre-order and collector's edition bonuses to my existing account. Seems overly confusing! (but exciting)
    Edited by Palindiil on February 1, 2017 9:08AM
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind Pre-Order FAQ. Find out all the information about pre-ordering The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind including the different editions, what each includes, and more in our FAQ.
    i hope it will fail at sales, game is broken and current efforts doesn't even cover 10% of issues.
  • xpress1992
    With the new class coming, will you give us the option to get more characterslots PLEASE ?! :)
  • Sintao
    Sintao
    ✭✭✭
    Well done! Looking forward to this.

I have the Gold Edition.

I wish to purchase the Physical Collectors Edition (Pre-order).

Question: I would like to know if I can apply that code to my existing account (and keep all my existing characters).

Obviously, if I was buying the Digital Edition Collector's Upgrade, I would not need to ask!
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can I upgrade my current account with the physical collector's edition or this version is only for new accounts?
  • sumisu1
    sumisu1
    ✭✭✭
    I too would like to know if we can use our current account with physical collectors edition if we already have the digital base game?
  • Jah_Shaka
    Jah_Shaka
    ✭✭
    I too would love to know how this will be implemented into Steam ESO game owners.

Can I buy from ESO store & add to Steam library or do I buy/pre order Morrowind from Steam ?

Please clear this up for us ZOS ..
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TrepChains @DschiPeunt @Sintao

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3742691#Comment_3742691
    UrQuan wrote: »
    OK @ZOS_GinaBruno having read that FAQ it doesn't answer this question:

If you already own ESO, you'll see this error message. You'll want to get the Digital CE upgrade in this case.

But I can buy the physical morrowind collector's edition (with the statue) and add that code to my existing ESO account, yes?
    Some of us really want the physical collector's edition but want to apply the code to our existing accounts. Is this possible? If it is, since the physical collector's edition comes with the base game, do we get to have another account?

As in:
    I already have account Ur-Quan. If I buy the physical collector's edition can I apply the expansion pack to my Ur-Quan account, and then have another new account (call it Ur-Quan_Kzer-Za) that wouldn't have the expansion pack?

Yes, you can do that.

@feyii As for your first question - yes, you will still be able to play with friends who don't own the Morrowind expansion. Like you mentioned, just have to be in zones you both own :)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife has been considering getting ESO, so If I get her the $59.99 version today, which says it includes the first game of the series, would she be able to play the original game today? Or will it not be accessible until the Morrowind expansion comes out?
    If you buy the $59.99 version of ESO: Morrowind, you will not be able to play it until June 6.

I don't get it, is this a completely different game or is it some kind of dlc mega expansion? Will I need to pick from two different games on my xbox, or can I transition to the island on my map from regular eso. Also, will my character change or will he be the same as he is now?

Main question is: new game, or dlc/expansion that is connected to the base?
    It's connected to the base game.

Will the digital upgrade require me to use Steam? I don't like Steam and my current game is not a Steam game.
    Only if you purchase from the Steam store. The Digital Upgrade on the ESO Store does not require Steam.

If we buy a copy of this, does this come as the base game or the gold edition?
    Base game. No DLCs will be included.

Morgul667 wrote: »
    - is it possible to start a new char directly in the new zone? Would love to start a warden but does not wish to choose between doing new char and doing new zone first
    Yes. Owners of ESO: Morrowind will play through a new tutorial which drops them in Vvardenfell.

FLambda wrote: »
    So, it is considered a separate game.
    Kinda, but you still have to own the base ESO as well, and can freely travel between the zones, so it's not really separate.

Sintao wrote: »
    Since this is not available via the Crown Store, is the Morrowind Edition plus all the pre-order / Collector's Edition bonuses available on NA and EU servers or just the one where we login first?
    Since the purchase is being made outside of the server and directly on the Account System, it should apply to both servers.

TrepChains wrote: »
    This is my question also. I prefer to have physical copies of games / expansions. However there only appears to be physical copies that include both the expansion and the base game, with a price to match.

Hence are 2 different keys included (one for base game, and a separate code for the expansion)?

If this is the case, it would allow me to get the physical expansion, and give the base game (which I already have) to a friend.
    Can I upgrade my current account with the physical collector's edition or this version is only for new accounts?
    Palindiil wrote: »
    Further to this, I'd like to know whether, if I order the physical collector's edition, I can attach the pre-order and collector's edition bonuses to my existing account. Seems overly confusing! (but exciting)
    Sintao wrote: »
    Question: I would like to know if I can apply that code to my existing account (and keep all my existing characters).
    sumisu1 wrote: »
    I too would like to know if we can use our current account with physical collectors edition if we already have the digital base game?
    If I understand Gina's reply correctly, yes. You can apply the code from the Physical Collector's Edition to an existing account, and will also get another base-game account code as well.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You had me at morag tong converter and dwarven horse, damn you ZOS!
    Edited by DocFrost72 on February 1, 2017 2:59PM
  • craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DemiDemon wrote: »
    So if ESO Plus no longer gives us automatic access to new DLC, what is the point of it beyond cosmetic additions from the crown store?

This isn't a DLC though, this is a expansion pack. That's why it's not in the store.

its not in the store at the moment i think you meant to put, because no doubt once sales slow it will be available for crowns.
    Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the information on the physical collectors edition be updated for Canada or will it only ever say "contact your local retailer"?

walmart.ca - nothing
    ebgames.ca - nothing
    bestbuy.ca - nothing
    amazon.ca - nothing

Or are they just slow to update their websites? I see it on amazon.com ...

Any information would be appreciated, thank you. :)
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    feyii wrote: »
    Will we be able to continue to play with friends who just have Tamriel Unlimited, but not the Morrowind Edition? Just for the original areas plus DLC we have in common, of course.

Yes.

feyii wrote: »
    If we had the Imperial Edition Upgrade (non Crown Store) before, will this be overwritten by the Morrowind Edition? (The display on our account page here is a bit confusing)

When you upgrade, the account page now shows that you have the Morrowind Edition. This does not mean you lose the Imperial Edition features. (or should not)
    its not in the store at the moment i think you meant to put, because no doubt once sales slow it will be available for crowns.

I am thinking that this probably will not be the case. You may be able to buy it at a discount from Steam, Amazon, PS Store, etc, but it will never be in the Crown Store.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get it, is this a completely different game or is it some kind of dlc mega expansion? Will I need to pick from two different games on my xbox, or can I transition to the island on my map from regular eso. Also, will my character change or will he be the same as he is now?

Main question is: new game, or dlc/expansion that is connected to the base?

@greathero117

It's just an expansion
    This extends ESO to Morrowind. Like a new area to go to for your existing characters.

It also adds a new class that you can start in One Tamriel and or Morrowind areas.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • stevenbennett_ESO
    stevenbennett_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    My wife has been considering getting ESO, so If I get her the $59.99 version today, which says it includes the first game of the series, would she be able to play the original game today? Or will it not be accessible until the Morrowind expansion comes out?
    If you buy the $59.99 version of ESO: Morrowind, you will not be able to play it until June 6.

So, if I understand what you're saying... if you know someone who needs a new ESO account right now (I've actually got *two* who I was planning to introduce to the game...), they should be getting the ESO: Tamriel Unlimited game for $29.99 and the Morrowind Upgrade for $39.99 (a total of $69.98), instead of the ESO: Morrowind Digital Edition for $59.99? Or they can save $10 if they want to wait until June 6 to start playing the game?

• WhiskeyJac
    WhiskeyJac
    ✭✭✭
    so will we get any free slots ? or we gotta buy them ?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WhiskeyJac wrote: »
    so will we get any free slots ? or we gotta buy them ?

Gotta buy them.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • DorianDragonRaze
    DorianDragonRaze
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excited!
    What about an upgrade to physical collector's edition? Will we see such option?
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then I got the ESO on my hard drive...
  • satira1692ub17_ESO
    satira1692ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    So I'm getting back into ESO with this Morrowind release.
    If I buy the full physical collectors' edition, does this also include the DLC releases like Thieves' Guild and whatnot - like the Gold Edition did? Or is it just the base game & Morrowind and all that extra little content, like the horse etc.?
  • satira1692ub17_ESO
    satira1692ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Daisani wrote: »
    Browsing the preorder options I noticed it's for PC/Mac only. Any ETA on a pre order for Xbox One or PS4?

It's available on Amazon, I know that. I didn't see it at Gamestop yesterday though so idk when it will be available there or other stores.
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno PlayStation question, we have disc copy of eso but the only retailer in UK is selling full game and not upgrade discs, the PlayStation store wont allow us to order the digital upgrade as it states we dont own the base game already as no digital version. Any advice on what we can do or do we have to pay full price to purchase base game and morrowind as no upgrade disc available.
  • DorianDragonRaze
    DorianDragonRaze
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno what is The Dwarven Colossus Statue made of? Please update your news article with the material!
    Will it have rotating parts?
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then I got the ESO on my hard drive...
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a full blown expansion.

Maybe the devs have not delivered much in DLCs as they were working on this major update. Hopefully it adds quite a bit to the game.

This also follows the B2P model that ESO is designed around.

Pricing:

Deluxe Digital is $79
    Standard Edition is $59

Add on for current ESO owners
    Deluxe $59
    Standard $39

My question is, does the Morrowind Expansion have ESO Gold with DLCs or just ESO standard edition for content

Pricing wise, I may get the deluxe for $20 more.

Edited by MEBengalsFan2001 on February 1, 2017 8:44PM
  • ahrolkah
    ahrolkah
    ✭✭
    Since morrowind is introducing a new class, i think the crown store should have class change tokens. I don't really care if it resets all my class skills and i have to re-level them, or if they're 5000 crowns. I have a character who's PERFECT for the warden class, and I'd buy class change tokens if they were introduced. Just refund the skillpoints... please let me keep those.