Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind Pre-Order FAQ"

• Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...why does GameStop say "BONUS Includes GameStop bonus!" when referring to the Discovery Pack?

They're making it sound like they have an exclusive bonus when they don't.
    signing off
  • Invalid_Entry
    Invalid_Entry
    Soul Shriven
    My wife has been considering getting ESO, so If I get her the $59.99 version today, which says it includes the first game of the series, would she be able to play the original game today? Or will it not be accessible until the Morrowind expansion comes out?
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    shenfa wrote: »
    Will we be able to buy this with crowns (I have some left over and would like to use them rather than paying the full 40 bucks) ?

No, we can't buy it with crowns.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Invalid_Entry
    Invalid_Entry
    Soul Shriven
    shenfa wrote: »
    Will we be able to buy this with crowns (I have some left over and would like to use them rather than paying the full 40 bucks) ?

well, they already got that money from you, so... do the math lol
  • greathero117
    I don't get it, is this a completely different game or is it some kind of dlc mega expansion? Will I need to pick from two different games on my xbox, or can I transition to the island on my map from regular eso. Also, will my character change or will he be the same as he is now?

Main question is: new game, or dlc/expansion that is connected to the base?
    Edited by greathero117 on January 31, 2017 11:35PM
  • Fodore
    Fodore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kurimugann wrote: »
    So if ESO Plus no longer gives us automatic access to new DLC, what is the point of it beyond cosmetic additions from the crown store?

Not sure how to word it for it to make sense but...ESO:Morrowind is not a DLC, therefore, not a part of what ESO+ grants you. It's an Expansion, like how you have to buy expansions in Sims to have dogs and cats. Hopefully that means it is bigger than the DLCs.

Politely correct me if I am wrong. It IS confusing

According to deltia the size of this expansion absolutely dwarfs wrothgar. Content wise and actual virtual space wise. Hopefully this is true, I'm going to be picking up a collectors edition :blush:
    Before judging a man walk a mile in his shoes.
    After that who cares?
    They're a mile away and you've got their shoes.
  • Morbidchemical
    Some answers to these existing questions would be awesome, lest we start getting repeats...
    Edited by Morbidchemical on February 1, 2017 12:05AM
    Xbox NA GT: Morbidchemical
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there be a toggle letting us choose which bear to use as pet?
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The items from the Discovery Pack will be available to use once Morrowind releases on June 6.

:o We already have an exact date?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    Will the digital upgrade require me to use Steam? I don't like Steam and my current game is not a Steam game.
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Is there a deadline for pre-ordering?

You have until Morrowind goes live on June 6, though physical Collector's Editions (being a physical product) are as supplies last.

Any idea when the collector's edition will be available at other retailers other than Amazon?
  • GothamHunter
    GothamHunter
    ✭✭✭
    I have TESO through Steam and want to buy the physical collector's edition. Will I receive a code that I can activate on Steam to continue playing it through there, or will it be a standalone key that requires me to have a separate install? I would prefer a Steam key...
  • thatevildude_ESO
    thatevildude_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    If we buy a copy of this, does this come as the base game or the gold edition?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno ... this is not covered by the FAQ, and I think I know the answer, but the Morrowind Standard Edition, not Upgrade, is based on Tamriel Unlimited, not Gold Edition, correct?

New players buying Standard Edition will still need to purchase the DLC, is what I am assuming.

I think people will need to decide whether it is better to buy Gold + Hist, then the Upgrade, or buy the Standard Edition, the DLC Pack, and Hist.

Edit: or, what the guy above me asked! :smile:
    Edited by Elsonso on February 1, 2017 1:05AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this update and faq.

2 questions for future expansion:

- is it possible to start a new char directly in the new zone? Would love to start a warden but does not wish to choose between doing new char and doing new zone first
    - Please consider 3 more slots (minimum) for characters

• settinrecords
    settinrecords
    Soul Shriven
    I think this is typical bs. Arguing about semantics makes no point. If i download this content its dlc. I am so embarrassed i jus talked my friend into buying eso, n then u pull this garbage. Clap clap clap. U got me zos.
  • GothamHunter
    GothamHunter
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is typical bs. Arguing about semantics makes no point. If i download this content its dlc. I am so embarrassed i jus talked my friend into buying eso, n then u pull this garbage. Clap clap clap. U got me zos.

Mmm...not really, but your attitude also suggests no one is going to be able to convince you otherwise, so I don't feel inclined to try and explain.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

So if there is an expansion Mid Year does that mean no quarterly DLC for April? Homestead won't keep me fully engaged for 5 months plus just had a 5 month period of no new content. Events only last about a week so for someone that has been playing since Beta I would really love something new to do till June.

Although Mass Effect is out March so probably not a bad idea to have nothing but a event around the birthday!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • lungbutter89
    lungbutter89
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

So if there is an expansion Mid Year does that mean no quarterly DLC for April? Homestead won't keep me fully engaged for 5 months plus just had a 5 month period of no new content. Events only last about a week so for someone that has been playing since Beta I would really love something new to do till June.

Although Mass Effect is out March so probably not a bad idea to have nothing but a event around the birthday!

This is only speculation on my part, but June still technically falls under the second quarter. That means it is likely the second quarter update.

We can probably expect a later 3rd quarter update around September and a November/December 4th quarter update.
    PS4 NA | PSN ID: lungbutter89
    Children of the Fence, Guildmaster

CP 650 (Characters below:)
    Lv. 50 Imperial Templar, Jonas Ganidus (Tank)
    Lv. 50 Breton Templar, Sir Heelzalot (Healer)
    Lv. 50 Nord Dragonknight, Pwnzar the Leet (Tank)
    Lv. 50 Dunmer Dragonknight, Trogdor the Burninatorx (Magicka DPS)
    Lv. 50 Redguard Sorcerer, Siddiq Et'Fadeel (Stamina DPS)
    Lv. 50 Altmer Sorcerer, Kelyan Talorngrim (Magicka DPS)
    Lv. 50 Khajiit Nightblade, Rhaz'kitteh (Stamina DPS)
    Lv. 50 Argonian Nightblade, Strikes-With-Darkness (Tank)
    Lv. 50 Orc Dragonknight, Borkul gro'Dushnihk (Stamina DPS)
    Lv. 50 Bosmer Templar, Gwilin the Agile (Stamina DPS)
    Lv. 50 Dunmer Sorcerer, Elvali Hlaalu (Magicka DPS)
    Lv. 50 Altmer Nightblade, Mirie Talorngrim (Magicka DPS)
  • FLambda
    FLambda
    ✭✭✭
    MinuitPro wrote: »
    I don't think this is a DLC for ESO1T, it's a completely different (new) ESO game.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, can you confirm or further explain this? I think many people are struggling with the concepts of 1) Is this an integration to ESO1T (a non-free DLC) or 2) Is it a separate game all together that simply allows access to your existing characters?

If it functions as an integrated DLC, I somewhat agree with davidb16_ESO7 that this feels like a brush off to Plus members as they are used to new content being available to them and will leave us wondering if we will no longer get DLCs after Homestead and are simply paying you money for crowns and a material craft bag - which we do value, by the way; I'm just not sure how that value will correspond to saving our memberships.

However, If it is a separate game, are there any other integrations to the "base game," such as you can do anything and go anywhere as you would in ESO1T, you're on the same servers with the same users and guilds, etc?

Clarity on the integration or non-integration would be greatly appreciated. It does look like a stunning game to get - but it leaves us with questions.

Thanks!
    From the Pre-Order Page:
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind
    Collector's Edition
    Created for the ultimate fan of the acclaimed series, The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind Collector's Edition includes the Discovery Pack, all premium edition digital content, and truly unique collectibles.
    Naryu's Journal
    A full-color, large-format book chronicling Morag Tong assassin Naryu's pursuit of a conspiracy across Tamriel. Illustrated with a broad array of concept art.
    Dwarven Colossus Statue
    Recreated with the help of sacred Dwarven texts, this 12" tall replica of the Colossus which starred in the announcement trailer and in Naryu's Journal, stands ready to defend your treasures. 
    Map of Morrowind
    Chart your adventures throughout Vvardenfell with this handy map at your side.
    Exclusive Game Case
    Hold your game in style with this limited edition metallic case bearing the marks of Vivec and the Tribunal.
    Also includes the first game of the acclaimed online RPG series. Pre-order today!
    Release date     june 6th 2017
    Platforms         Xbox one, playstation 4, pc, mac
    So, it is considered a separate game.

Remember: there's no such thing as the Universal Standard of Descriptional Qualifications and Metrics.

The Wisdom of M'aiq the Liar:
    • You wish to become a lich? It's very easy, my friend. Simply find the heart of a lich, combine it with the tongue of a dragon, and cook it with the flesh of a well-ridden horse. This combination is certain to make you undead.
    • M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

This is only speculation on my part, but June still technically falls under the second quarter. That means it is likely the second quarter update.

We can probably expect a later 3rd quarter update around September and a November/December 4th quarter update.

This is what I assume, as well. However, at some point, I expect them to roll out and say that quarterly is just too exhausting for them and that they need to drop back to 2 per year. They might skip 3Q this year.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am just as excited for this release as I was for ESO in 2014!
  • FLambda
    FLambda
    ✭✭✭
    DemiDemon wrote: »
    Any idea on what the file size for this will be? I'm debating on downloading it but if the file size is way to large, will have to get the physical copy.
    I'd love to get the collectors edition and be able to get the stuff with it, what would happen to my version of ESO (purchased from Amazon) if I bought the collectors edition? I know it comes with it but I'd like to be able to get the journal as well.
    Will Warden be available in the base game as well? Any chance of character slot expansions if so?
    Would I be able to get this game yet still play with my other friends that do not have the Morrowind expansion? I know you can go from Morrowind into Tamriel from what I recall from the livestream so that made me curious.

Sorry for the barrage of questions but best to ask'em now then wait a bit. XD
    I made a thread with these questions (minus some edits/removals), sadly it seems to have gotten buried so will just post'em here in hopes that some of them may be answered.
    With regards to the file size, here's the system requirements for PC, taken from the ESO store order page :
    PC Recommended System Requirements
    Operating System:  Windows 7 64-bit or Windows 8.1 64-bit
    Processor:  Quad Core 2.3GHz or equivalent processor
    Memory:  4GB System RAM
    Hard Disk Space: 85GB free HDD space
    Video Card:  Direct X 11.0 compliant video card with 2GB of RAM (NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 750 or AMD Radeon™ HD 7850)
    Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
    Internet Broadband Connection

PC Minimum System Requirements
    Operating System: Windows 7 32-bit
    Processor: Intel® i3 or AMD 3870 generation processors or higher
    Memory: 3GB System RAM
    Hard Disk Space: 85GB free HDD space
    Video Card: DirectX 11.0 compliant video card with 1GB of RAM (NVIDIA® GeForce® 460 / AMD Radeon™ 6850)
    Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
    Internet Broadband Connection
    However, this is unchanged from previous disk space requirements listed, so I don't know.
    Remember: there's no such thing as the Universal Standard of Descriptional Qualifications and Metrics.

• You wish to become a lich? It's very easy, my friend. Simply find the heart of a lich, combine it with the tongue of a dragon, and cook it with the flesh of a well-ridden horse. This combination is certain to make you undead.
    • M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Amazon Collector Editions are listed as 7.5 x 5.5 x 0.5 inches; 4.8 ounces.
    This is not correct.

As somebody who has received shipping shortage envelopes from USPS on free shipping - twice - can this be corrected to the proper dimensions and weight? If Amazon pays for 4.8 ounces and the actual weight is 4.8 pounds, USPS is going to demand that I pay for those extra pounds before receiving the package regardless of the advertised free shipping.
    signing off
  • maltinkilic
    maltinkilic
    ✭✭✭
    Will there be new skyshards in the new zones. I collected all skyshards but still i am lacking skill points.
  • Santiak
    Santiak
    Soul Shriven
    The items from the Discovery Pack will be available to use once Morrowind releases on June 6.

A quick note and a couple of questions:
    1. If the above quote is indeed the case, then you might want to reiterate and clarify this on your FAQ-page, as it could easily be interpreted to mean that players will get the Discovery content immediately:
    The Discovery Pack contains the following in-game items, which you'll automatically receive when pre-ordering any edition of Morrowind:
    2. Just in case the intial quote referred to the Collector's Edition Digital content (and not Discovery), and to clarify further: When exactly do players gain access to the respective digital content? (Dicovery and CE Digital - one on pre-order placement, the other on release. Both on release. Both on pre-order?)

3. Say I pre-order the physical CE.
    Will I be able to bind the keys of its Morrowind edition (and the digital content packages), to ESO on my Steam account? Or would doing so require me to purchase exclusively through Steam?

4. Will ESO:Morrowind
    be treated as a standalone on Steam? (seperate entry in library)

5. Will retailers be given Discovery Pack keys
    to send to buyers of the physical edition(s) when they buy them, will this be moot given the initial quote, or will they be unavailable until the box is in the customers hands?

6. Say my order is delayed on launch-day; will buying the "Morrowind Upgrade" package prevent me from applying the CE key for the extra digital goodies? Would I have to request a refund of the former before activating the latter, or would the CE simply count for just the items at that point?

7. Can the base ESO game contained within the physical package be activated on Steam, or will this still necessitate buying either the UT or Gold editions directly via Steam?

8. Am I asking too many question? ;P

9. While Class Change Tokens have been asked many times over by now, I'd like to add a bit of a twist to it:
    Will current players be able to change the class of one (I assume just one) character, and will this be exclusively to change it into the Warden class, or can players choose any class they wish?

10. In addition, will this theoretical class-change
    be one-time only, so the final choice is permanent whatever it may be, or would it be the advent of Class Change Tokens? (In addition to the current Name, Race and Appearence change tokens) - perhaps with some cooldown mechanic to avoid over-useage (1 - 3 months per character? Exponential cooldown growth based on number of changes in the past?)

And more about the contents in general:
    11. Will ESO:Morrowind also include some additions to current classes (or are you, alternatively, considering doing so regardless?), say, for example, a 4th skill-line where skills are predominantly Stamina based rather than all-magicka based; e.g. Disease for NB, (equipment) Conjuring for Sorcerer, Martial arts for Dragonknight, Divines Fury (healing-fueling Melee) for Templar, just to give some examples.
    Edited by Santiak on February 1, 2017 6:01AM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajitt has a question yes.

What exactly are the new emotes? Khajiit would like to know this before she makes a purchasing decision.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • bus10
    bus10
    Soul Shriven
    Would the new expansion allow an opportunity for another account transfer? Mainly from console to PC?
  • FLambda
    FLambda
    ✭✭✭
    Santiak wrote: »
    A quick note and a couple of questions:
    4. Will ESO:Morrowind be treated as a standalone on Steam? (seperate entry in library)
    The Steam listing for ESO:Morrowind says, "This content requires the base game The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™ on Steam in order to play." That to me says that it will not have a separate listing inside the library, but will be listed under the Steam DLC section.
    Santiak wrote: »
    8. Am I asking too many question? ;P
    No, no you are not. :smiley:

• Raspy
    Raspy
    Soul Shriven
    Will there be a level increase more skill points and more skyshards?