The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Troll King

• Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know there are some ridiculous cheaters in this game right now claiming to be running Troll King, but the math behind their builds doesn't bare out the performance they achieve.

I'm not convinced Troll King needs a nerf.

The only "OP" players (that I've encountered) that claim to run it are people I am completely convinced (through extended study of their gameplay) to be dirty scumbag cheaters.

"Claiming to be running" how can you claim to run a 2 piece monster set when you can literally see it on the char wearing it
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    I know there are some ridiculous cheaters in this game right now claiming to be running Troll King, but the math behind their builds doesn't bare out the performance they achieve.

The only "OP" players (that I've encountered) that claim to run it are people I am completely convinced (through extended study of their gameplay) to be dirty scumbag cheaters.

"Claiming to be running" how can you claim to run a 2 piece monster set when you can literally see it on the char wearing it

Costumes and disguises.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »

Costumes and disguises.

Troll King still has a visual imdicator wheneve it proccs . . .
    Jo'Khaljor
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's useless on vamps and the 1p bonus is also not that great. But yeah, it does need a nerf, especially on heavy armor builds.

A friend of mine gets 2.5k health reg with that on and vampire undeath passive. Trust me mate, it's even more op on vampires, given you can play them ;)

Does Vampire reduce the health reg of Troll King at all? Sounds more like a bug to me.
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    lol troll king doesnt give that much survivability haha. dont confuse either 1. low dps/penetration opponent or 2. a permablock tank as somehow troll king is too op. a single dps can take out a high health regen tank by themselves if they are not blocking.

3-4k hp regen from a 2 piece set. Yeah not OP at all.

First of all is around 2k regen, and regen ticks every 2 seconds, so is like 1k hp per second, not even close to a vigor tick. Is also useless vs burst damage, is a perfect set for open world, specially for medium armor builds to have some way of healing back when pressured.

If you do a full regen build it may be to strong? yeah, but the build will be also a useless tank. Currently there are a plethora of ways of creating inmortal tanks, one more dosn't change anything.

I don't think people complain about Troll King on medium armor builds. Keep in mind that heavy armor can use it too and it's super broken on these builds (they are already broken without it tbh).

It doesn't, hence why it's so broken with vampire lol. Undeath and trollking means that you literally never die unless you're 1 hit from 60%.

Are you absolutely sure about that? The reduction from Vampire is a broad percentage reduction. Would not make any sense - even as a bug - that TrollKing would not be reduced. TrollKing is added to your Regenpool in the same manner as Glyphs on your jewelry. That means, it is added to your BASE regen. I cannot imagine how it would be possible to not have it affected by Vampire passives - even as a bug, i cant imagine that happening. The logic behind the bug would be really weird.

Can you possibly show before / after screenshots?

If this is indeed the case, Undeath passive is the least of the concerns. Do you have any idea how Insane OP, Mist Form is, when combined with HP regen? 70% Damage Reduction, with 3k+HP Regen = Unkillable. Remember, Mist Form does not block Health Regen.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Troll king scales really poorly with numbers. Its only really strong against 2 targets or less.

true. however, it scales very nicely with your own group. if so many players weren't vamp, this set would be incredibly strong if worn by one player in a group of 3-6. even right now, with only, say, 2 non-vamps, it is strong
    Edited by Kas on January 31, 2017 11:57AM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who played pirate skeleton and troll king extensively on stamina builds in solo/duo open world pvp after they got introduced, I have to say both still get outperformed by bloodspawn in the long run (in my personal opinion). Both have severe downsides on stam characters if the setup is not custom tailored to min/max their effect(s).

Very good sets, just outperformed by bloodspawn.

Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    It's useless on vamps and the 1p bonus is also not that great. But yeah, it does need a nerf, especially on heavy armor builds.

A friend of mine gets 2.5k health reg with that on and vampire undeath passive. Trust me mate, it's even more op on vampires, given you can play them ;)

Does Vampire reduce the health reg of Troll King at all? Sounds more like a bug to me.
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    lol troll king doesnt give that much survivability haha. dont confuse either 1. low dps/penetration opponent or 2. a permablock tank as somehow troll king is too op. a single dps can take out a high health regen tank by themselves if they are not blocking.

3-4k hp regen from a 2 piece set. Yeah not OP at all.

First of all is around 2k regen, and regen ticks every 2 seconds, so is like 1k hp per second, not even close to a vigor tick. Is also useless vs burst damage, is a perfect set for open world, specially for medium armor builds to have some way of healing back when pressured.

If you do a full regen build it may be to strong? yeah, but the build will be also a useless tank. Currently there are a plethora of ways of creating inmortal tanks, one more dosn't change anything.

I don't think people complain about Troll King on medium armor builds. Keep in mind that heavy armor can use it too and it's super broken on these builds (they are already broken without it tbh).

It doesn't, hence why it's so broken with vampire lol. Undeath and trollking means that you literally never die unless you're 1 hit from 60%.

Are you absolutely sure about that? The reduction from Vampire is a broad percentage reduction. Would not make any sense - even as a bug - that TrollKing would not be reduced. TrollKing is added to your Regenpool in the same manner as Glyphs on your jewelry. That means, it is added to your BASE regen. I cannot imagine how it would be possible to not have it affected by Vampire passives - even as a bug, i cant imagine that happening. The logic behind the bug would be really weird.

Can you possibly show before / after screenshots?

If this is indeed the case, Undeath passive is the least of the concerns. Do you have any idea how Insane OP, Mist Form is, when combined with HP regen? 70% Damage Reduction, with 3k+HP Regen = Unkillable. Remember, Mist Form does not block Health Regen.

If you're EU go find Im Jeff Btw, he used to run that setup a while ago and it was working for him. I couldn't screenshot since I don't own trollking in the pieces I want. I am 100% sure.

I have no idea about mist form as he is a stamina nightblade, but yes. It works on vampires. I do not know if it is a bug or not, and no it doesn't sound stupid.
    Edited by Subversus on January 31, 2017 4:28PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Troll King gives 1500 regen which is 750 extra health a second. This set also only procs once you get below 60% health. The fact that you have to give up a 2 piece just to use it, makes it more than reasonable.

Also the only type of player that would really benefit from this monster set is a stamblade since they have the worst survivability in the game. Everyone else either has major mending or dark deal.

The set is so retardedly good if pirate skeleton for some reason really gets nerfed (i don´t think it´s overperforming only with shields - i think it´s too strong in general) - i´m going to slap on trollking on my sorc in a heartbeat.

I´d make pirate skeleton provide permanent minor protection without a procc.
    I´d switch the bonuses of orgnums scales and trollking.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Vampire+Cloak+Set
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    glavius wrote: »
    I used few weeks automaton/troll king/knight errant with my orc sorc and i was able to get over 4k regen. It's really overperforming,especially on nb (high survivability+high burst+high regen).

Sounds like crap damage with that setup

Checked some old videos,9k puncture tooltip full buff. Also,you guys should really try trollking+beekeper+viper on a nb. I dont play nb but few friends runs that build and it's ridiculous.

I currently run 5x Orgnum, 5x Green Pact and 2x Troll King on my Sap Tank, with the Blue HP + HP Regen Food from Wrothgar.

A lot of fun: 40k HP, 1.5k Mag Regen, 5080 HP Regen when both sets proc,...

Anyway, I don't think the set needs a nerf tho. You're sacrificing an offensive monster set for a set that gives HP Regen which by itself isn't that strong. It's only strong when combined with other HP Regen sets like the ones I mentioned, or with Beekeeper but even then, your damage output is gonna suffer

Troll king is BiS slot defensive set for everyone that doesn't stack shields. Furthermore, 1 person can proc it on a whole group with no cooldown.

Running Troll king as your only defensive gear is 100% viable as well. It has outstanding synergies with a ton of HoTs and functions as a layer of protection that will keep you alive while you work to counter heal debuffs. Imo, if you're a stam build, there's almost no reason to run another monster set over troll king if you're trying to build a balanced open world setup. Its literally all the investment in defense that stam builds need to make next patch.

I still don't think it needs a nerf, tanks should exist, adding tankiness to a platform that's otherwise designed for high damage is also ok since they sacrifice an ungodly amount of burst by giving up other 2 pc sets.

I think the set is very very strong, I don't think it needs a nerf because there's a huge opportunity cost to use it.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on January 31, 2017 4:38PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I used few weeks automaton/troll king/knight errant with my orc sorc and i was able to get over 4k regen. It's really overperforming,especially on nb (high survivability+high burst+high regen).

Checked some old videos,9k puncture tooltip full buff. Also,you guys should really try trollking+beekeper+viper on a nb. I dont play nb but few friends runs that build and it's ridiculous.

I currently run 5x Orgnum, 5x Green Pact and 2x Troll King on my Sap Tank, with the Blue HP + HP Regen Food from Wrothgar.

Anyway, I don't think the set needs a nerf tho. You're sacrificing an offensive monster set for a set that gives HP Regen which by itself isn't that strong. It's only strong when combined with other HP Regen sets like the ones I mentioned, or with Beekeeper but even then, your damage output is gonna suffer

Troll king is BiS slot defensive set for everyone that doesn't stack shields. Furthermore, 1 person can proc it on a whole group with no cooldown.

Running Troll king as your only defensive gear is 100% viable as well. It has outstanding synergies with a ton of HoTs and functions as a layer of protection that will keep you alive while you work to counter heal debuffs. Imo, if you're a stam build, there's almost no reason to run another monster set over troll king if you're trying to build a balanced open world setup. Its literally all the investment in defense that stam builds need to make next patch.

I still don't think it needs a nerf, tanks should exist, adding tankiness to a platform that's otherwise designed for high damage is also ok since they sacrifice an ungodly amount of burst by giving up other 2 pc sets.

I think the set is very very strong, I don't think it needs a nerf because there's a huge opportunity cost to use it.

You are not sacrificing anything. If they were sacrificing anything then they wouldnt have that much dmg. But they do. That set like most other sets is broken. You see "glass cannons" facetanking people with that set and its ok? Its the exact same thing with the stupid proc sets. Tanks put them on and start bursting people. Its not ok. There is no build diversity. Everyone runs a different version of the same crap. Everyone has everything. The balance is out of control because of sets like that.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You are not sacrificing anything. If they were sacrificing anything then they wouldnt have that much dmg. But they do. That set like most other sets is broken. You see "glass cannons" facetanking people with that set and its ok? Its the exact same thing with the stupid proc sets. Tanks put them on and start bursting people. Its not ok. There is no build diversity. Everyone runs a different version of the same crap. Everyone has everything. The balance is out of control because of sets like that.

Running troll king as opposed to a damage proc set or 1 kra'gh/1veli is the difference between your burst killing someone or them having time to recover(or starting your burst at 50% instead of 75% if you're running troll king with a sustain set and a damage set instead of 2 damage). You can't build full glass cannon without a damage set 2pc, you won't come anywhere near 1 shotting people with any setup if you're running 2pc troll king.

Sorry, but you're wrong about troll king. In fact, its the natural progression of the burst meta. Its also the only thing keeping medium armor viable for non-NBs

Is the game horribly unbalanced? totally, its a *** game with *** developers at this point, but that doesn't mean troll king is busted or even in the top 50 offenders to balance issues.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on January 31, 2017 5:06PM
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ahzek wrote: »
    Alpheu5 wrote: »

Costumes and disguises.

Troll King still has a visual imdicator wheneve it proccs . . .

Yes, and so does Empower, Overkill, CC immunity, potion drinking, Crystal Frags, the Lich set, etc., but you don't always notice it in combat like you will when Malubeth, Tremorscale, Bogdan, Velidreth, or Skoria procs.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Running troll king as opposed to a damage proc set or 1 kra'gh/1veli is the difference between your burst killing someone or them having time to recover(or starting your burst at 50% instead of 75% if you're running troll king with a sustain set and a damage set instead of 2 damage). You can't build full glass cannon without a damage set 2pc, you won't come anywhere near 1 shotting people with any setup if you're running 2pc troll king.

Sorry, but you're wrong about troll king. In fact, its the natural progression of the burst meta. Its also the only thing keeping medium armor viable for non-NBs

Is the game horribly unbalanced? totally, its a *** game with *** developers at this point, but that doesn't mean troll king is busted or even in the top 50 offenders to balance issues.

Really? Not having 200-300 more wpn dmg is the difference between killing people or giving them time to recover? Thats the same as saying medium armor is better than heavy cause it can potentially give u more dmg. You do realise that when ur troll king procs and keeps ur hp up it means that u can stay on the offense longer right? You are not giving up ur dmg. You are actually indirectly getting more dmg cause you dont have to go on defensinve. And with sets that give 700 wpn dmg i cant imagine being hard to get more than enough dmg to kill people. You said it urself. There is no reason to run any other set and its enough to take care of all ur defences. How the hell is this not busted? This is not ok. Everyone has everything. Half of the sets that came with 1T are busted.
  • The_Legendary_Arya
    Troll king doesnt need a nerf.
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? Not having 200-300 more wpn dmg is the difference between killing people or giving them time to recover? Thats the same as saying medium armor is better than heavy cause it can potentially give u more dmg. You do realise that when ur troll king procs and keeps ur hp up it means that u can stay on the offense longer right? You are not giving up ur dmg. You are actually indirectly getting more dmg cause you dont have to go on defensinve. And with sets that give 700 wpn dmg i cant imagine being hard to get more than enough dmg to kill people. You said it urself. There is no reason to run any other set and its enough to take care of all ur defences. How the hell is this not busted? This is not ok. Everyone has everything. Half of the sets that came with 1T are busted.

Dropping selene or velidreth for troll king is probably 8-10% overall dmg lost, plus a ton of burst.

Troll king is a great set. So are many other sets.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Dropping selene or velidreth for troll king is probably 8-10% overall dmg lost, plus a ton of burst.

Troll king is a great set. So are many other sets.

Exactly my point. Im not talking for just about troll king. I made that clear. You are comparing selene and veli with troll king but thats the point. Those are busted too. They are all busted. Monster sets or not. Everyone plays a different version of the same crap. Even in a world with perfect class balance it still wont matter. We will still have that *** PVP cause simply everyone can do everything.
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the vamp passives reduce base hp regen, then other factors of hp regen logically wouldn't be reduced, including troll king. That makes sense but is still busted with mist form. Now I wanna try it.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the vamp passives reduce base hp regen, then other factors of hp regen logically wouldn't be reduced, including troll king. That makes sense but is still busted with mist form. Now I wanna try it.

Yes, they would.

All percentage modifiers are calculated collectively on your Base stat. So to give example;

Base regen: 300
    Troll king: 1500
    Total 1800

Race + Major endurance and 7 heavy = 20 % + 20% + 28% = 68%

Vampire Passive = -75%

68% - 75% = -7%

So end regen, on your sheet should be, in this case; 1800 * 1,07 = 1926 ..

When people are stating that it is bugged, i am concerned that what they are seeing, is just their bonuses to HP regen, negating the negative from Vampire.

Will test on live and report.
    PC - EU
  • willlienellson
    willlienellson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To clarify, I'm not suggesting people that claim to run Troll King are lying about running it....I'm suggesting they are lying about the effects it has on their build.

"Hey Bro, How did you heal from 2% to 100% in an instant and then take no damage from any attacks after that?"

....."Trollking bruh".

Umm, no.
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valkyn Umbrauch wears this set. You better bring a zerg to kill it which gives a small group a ton of utility. Negates, ultis and siege (meatbags and fire).

The hilarity begins at:
    2:54:11

https://clips.twitch.tv/kodipvp/BloodyMuleSeemsGood

Edited by TheValkyn on February 1, 2017 1:34AM
  • Bislobo
    Bislobo
    ✭✭✭
    TheValkyn wrote: »
    Valkyn Umbrauch wears this set. You better bring a zerg to kill it which gives a small group a ton of utility. Negates, ultis and siege (meatbags and fire).

The hilarity begins at:

This is what i am talking about.
    Redguard Dragonknight - Bislobo
    Orc Nightblade - Bislobø
    Redguard Sorcerer - Bisłobo
    Imperial Templar - Bíslobo
    Altmer Sorcerer - Bisløbo
  • azfardajiwang
    azfardajiwang
    ✭✭
    I love dancing in EOTS while using my 8.1k health regen templar
    Natalia Irisa ★ Magicka Templar ★ Daggerfall Convenant ★ The Kelly Gang ★ Vivec PVP ★ Crowned Emperor 060617
    Nate The Bait ★ Magicka Templar ★ Aldmeri Dominion ★ The Kelly Gang ★ Vivec PVP ★
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The hilarity begins at:

what is new on that? you could do the same with malubeth. Also, the video shows the guy not going below 60% (trollking proc threshold) in the entire fight except for the last few seconds, so his build was already broken withouth even the troll king proc. Health regen builds were always a thing, but nobody used them because you end up being a useless tank like that guy.

You could nerf trollkign to the ground, and that build would still work. This is another example of #NerfHeavyArmor.
    Edited by ManDraKE on February 1, 2017 3:07AM
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The hilarity begins at:

what is new on that? you could do the same with malubeth. Also, the video shows the guy not going below 60% (trollking proc threshold) in the entire fight except for the last few seconds, so his build was already broken withouth even the troll king proc. Health regen builds were always a thing, but nobody used them because you end up being a useless tank like that guy.

You could nerf trollkign to the ground, and that build would still work. This is another example of #NerfHeavyArmor.

Actually, the build barely uses any resources, doesn't rely on healing at all really and just utilizes the capped 50% physical and spell mitigations. Although it did actually proc'd a few times but the health regen kicked it back to full. He noticed the final time and gave up. Troll King is extremely powerful. No one player can come even close to killing this build. Besides the capped 50% mitigation this build doesn't benefit beyond the health recovery multiplier.

Constitution resource return, healing increase, weapon damage increase and health buffs aren't factors into the build at all so I'd venture to say heavy has near nothing to do with the build besides the pure mitigation stats and health recovery multiplier.

Sorc
    Nord
    Steed Stone
    2 Piece Troll King
    5 Piece Armor Master (Orgnum is fine too)
    5 Piece Beekeeper

59513549.jpg

Edited by TheValkyn on February 1, 2017 3:27AM
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The hilarity begins at:

Actually, the build barely uses any resources, doesn't rely on healing at all really and just utilizes the capped 50% physical and spell mitigations. Although it did actually proc'd a few times but the health regen kicked it back to full. He noticed the final time and gave up. Troll King is extremely powerful. No one player can come even close to killing this build. Besides the capped 50% mitigation this build doesn't benefit beyond the health recovery multiplier.

Constitution resource return, healing increase, weapon damage increase and health buffs aren't factors into the build at all so I'd venture to say heavy has near nothing to do with the build besides the pure mitigation stats and health recovery multiplier.

Sorc
    Nord
    Steed Stone
    2 Piece Troll King
    5 Piece Beekeeper

59513549.jpg

I know you "where there", but yet you are still not correct. Your trollking did not proc untill that very last moment. Trollking has a very obvious animation, which i was not able to see at any other point during the fight. Combine this with the other fact, that you cannot see you dropping below 60% as well, i will have to call BS on "Although it did actually proc'd a few times but the health regen kicked it back to full". It is just not true. Watch the video, and tell me exactly where Trollking procs, other than at the last moment.

Point is; Trollking is fine. It is videos like this, with titles like "Trollking OP", that is thge problem. Because they are spreading misinformation on what this set can actually do - and what it cant. I run it everyday on my Stamsorc. I know it is POWERFUL. Yet, i still get angered when i see people trying to put more into it. Like in this clip.
    PC - EU
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The hilarity begins at:

Sorc
    Nord
    Steed Stone
    2 Piece Troll King
    5 Piece Beekeeper

59513549.jpg

I know you "where there", but yet you are still not correct. Your trollking did not proc untill that very last moment. Trollking has a very obvious animation, which i was not able to see at any other point during the fight. Combine this with the other fact, that you cannot see you dropping below 60% as well, i will have to call BS on "Although it did actually proc'd a few times but the health regen kicked it back to full". It is just not true. Watch the video, and tell me exactly where Trollking procs, other than at the last moment.

Point is; Trollking is fine. It is videos like this, with titles like "Trollking OP", that is thge problem. Because they are spreading misinformation on what this set can actually do - and what it cant. I run it everyday on my Stamsorc. I know it is POWERFUL. Yet, i still get angered when i see people trying to put more into it. Like in this clip.

If you dropped procs and other broken powerful monster sets to use troll king then troll king is obviously broken too. You dont need videos to understand that. That video indeed shows an extreme occasion where troll king isnt the actual problem but only part of it. But thats the same as watching a video of someone one shotting another player with 3 procs and then say, well this proc set isnt broken cause he would die anw with the other 2 procs.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The hilarity begins at:

Sorc
    Nord
    Steed Stone
    2 Piece Troll King
    5 Piece Beekeeper

59513549.jpg

If you dropped procs and other broken powerful monster sets to use troll king then troll king is obviously broken too. You dont need videos to understand that. That video indeed shows an extreme occasion where troll king isnt the actual problem but only part of it. But thats the same as watching a video of someone one shotting another player with 3 procs and then say, well this proc set isnt broken cause he would die anw with the other 2 procs.

Yes, but with the underlying theme that the third proc set, did not even proc. This is like someone getting oneshot with Viper+Velidreth, and then people crying "Nerf Widowmaker". In this clip, TrollKing provided absolutely NOTHING yet, it is being "blamed" for the entire thing. "Trollking OP" is litteraly the title of a clip, which showcases something not related AT ALL to that thing. Everything shown in that clip, is achieved without Trollking. So it is like someone getting oneshot by 2 procs, and then people blaiming everything on the 3rd procset, that did not even proc. If that analogy makes any sense lol.

Correct title here, would be "Health Regen and Resistance CAP OP". Since those two factors are what is actually being showcased in the clip.
    Edited by raasdal on February 1, 2017 11:36AM
    PC - EU
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The hilarity begins at:

Sorc
    Nord
    Steed Stone
    2 Piece Troll King
    5 Piece Beekeeper

59513549.jpg

Yes, but with the underlying theme that the third proc set, did not even proc. This is like someone getting oneshot with Viper+Velidreth, and then people crying "Nerf Widowmaker". In this clip, TrollKing provided absolutely NOTHING yet, it is being "blamed" for the entire thing. "Trollking OP" is litteraly the title of a clip, which showcases something not related AT ALL to that thing. Everything shown in that clip, is achieved without Trollking. So it is like someone getting oneshot by 2 procs, and then people blaiming everything on the 3rd procset, that did not even proc. If that analogy makes any sense lol.

Correct title here, would be "Health Regen and Resistance CAP OP". Since those two factors are what is actually being showcased in the clip.

The thread wasnt created based on that clip. The clip was added later because troll king is part of that build. And while that clip highlights a different problem which is lack of softcaps, troll king is still related to that problem since its basically exploiting the lack of softcaps, pushing builds to the extreme and unhealthy PVP. Troll king provided absolutely nothing but the moment kodi actually realised that he had troll king too, he just walked away. That actually shows that the set is OP. People choose to use troll king over other OP sets. That shows that troll king is OP too.
    If widowmaker doesnt proc and u kill the person with veli and viper, it doesnt mean that widowmaker isnt OP. Yes such a video would not showcase the problem with widowmaker but it doesnt make widomaker any less OP. You cant say proc sets are OP and deny the fact that widowmaker is OP.
    You said change the title to hp regen OP. But thats exactly what troll king does. Giving a ton of hp regen without making an actual hp regen build. Same as proc sets. Giving a ton of burst dmg without making a build focused on burst dmg.
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trollking also denies skill,who need to actively heal when you can get a free vigor tick every 2 sec? I've seen a lot of not-so-good people running it and being nearly unkillable (myself included ahah). That's not right.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The hilarity begins at:

Lol this is your argument? He's fighting a health regen tank. It took him half a minute just proc troll king, and then once he did he gave up.

Lol no this set is fine. Giving up 341 weapon damage for 1500 health regen is a solid trade. The only character that needs troll king are stamblades. Templars, and DKs have major mending; sorcs have dark deal. Magblades have healing Ward, so naturally this is the only thing stamblades have for survivability. I'd gladly give up troll king for major mending any day.