Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Discover the Next Chapter for ESO"

• shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭
    lehran wrote: »
    To address the above questions (based on info I got from the stream)

1. Not included in ESO+, need to purchase separately (not confirmed, but very likely due to the pricing strategies employed; it's being pitched as an upgrade and not a DLC)
    2. It's essentially an expansion: entire zone of Vvardenfell (storyline is roughly summarized as "Save Vivec"), new Warden class, PvP Battlegrounds, and a new trial taking place in the Clockwork City. The full Clockwork City zone is not part of this, but is being reserved for a future DLC. No word on gear cap increase, so I expect that cp160 gear will still be the cap. The cp cap will likely be raised to 630 since each new update seems to increase it by about that (Homestead is taking it to 600).
    3. You can purchase either a physical edition at retail stores or a digital edition through steam or the ESO website. No crown pricing was announced, so I expect that it will be a fixed-price item in the store and not available as an in-game purchase.

What part of the stream did you hear/realize that ESO plus members will not get use of this map as with DLC? I would like to know, as a fact, if members will be required to purchase this "expansion?"
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excited!

I just REALLY hope this time you guys don't use Game as the only Collectors Edition retailer in the UK, they are renowned for messing things like that up.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    shadoza wrote: »

1. Not included in ESO+, need to purchase separately (not confirmed, but very likely due to the pricing strategies employed; it's being pitched as an upgrade and not a DLC)
    2. It's essentially an expansion: entire zone of Vvardenfell (storyline is roughly summarized as "Save Vivec"), new Warden class, PvP Battlegrounds, and a new trial taking place in the Clockwork City. The full Clockwork City zone is not part of this, but is being reserved for a future DLC. No word on gear cap increase, so I expect that cp160 gear will still be the cap. The cp cap will likely be raised to 630 since each new update seems to increase it by about that (Homestead is taking it to 600).
    3. You can purchase either a physical edition at retail stores or a digital edition through steam or the ESO website. No crown pricing was announced, so I expect that it will be a fixed-price item in the store and not available as an in-game purchase.

What part of the stream did you hear/realize that ESO plus members will not get use of this map as with DLC? I would like to know, as a fact, if members will be required to purchase this "expansion?"

Gina posted, ESO+ member will have to buy this just like everyone else.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@shadoza https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3741054#Comment_3741054

Dev tracker is your friend.
    An ESO Plus membership will not grant you access to The Elder Scroll Online: Morrowind content. As this is an entirely new Chapter of ESO, you'll need to purchase one of the five editions. If you already own ESO, though, you can purchase the Morrowind Upgrade or the Morrowind Collector's Edition Upgrade directly from online stores (The Elder Scrolls Online Store, Steam Store, Xbox Store, or PlayStation Store).
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

@shadoza https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3741054#Comment_3741054

An ESO Plus membership will not grant you access to The Elder Scroll Online: Morrowind content. As this is an entirely new Chapter of ESO, you'll need to purchase one of the five editions. If you already own ESO, though, you can purchase the Morrowind Upgrade or the Morrowind Collector's Edition Upgrade directly from online stores (The Elder Scrolls Online Store, Steam Store, Xbox Store, or PlayStation Store).

Oh, it is a "new chapter"! Obviously a new chapter can't be included in the sub. A new act maybe. Or a new paragraph. Definitely not chapter though.

Or access to quarterly DLC can be included. Except for the 3 quarters in a row.
  • CubanRay
    CubanRay
    ✭✭
    Somebody keep us posted please I can't watch,dang work.

Thank you boss,any release date? How this new warden class plays,is like a hybrid or something?
    I'm not familiar with mmos,I'm new to eso and the mmo world so I don't know what a Druid class is either.
  • Valerien
    Valerien
    ✭✭✭
    So good to see a proper expansion that will give some real content to get lost in. Just a shame have to wait till June!

Please tell me though with the new content, there will be a decent sword motif, one that is a sleek but not stupidly thin blade, reasonable sized hilt and a decent cross guard that isn't bright blue or some such. I know its only a little thing but most the single handed swords are fugly and with each new motif I hope for a classic sword!
  • Theosis
    Theosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I missed it.. is there a link on youtube or something I can watch?
    This is were my signature would be if I was allowed one.
  • jayfarr
    jayfarr
    Soul Shriven
    Theosis wrote: »
    I missed it.. is there a link on youtube or something I can watch?

here it is.
  • shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭
    I am confused about the status of this game. If it is not a DLC, which was stated in the stream, is it a stand-alone game that does not require the ownership of ESO base game? If it is a stand-alone, how does it relate to the base game and the progression that I have there? If it is not a stand-alone, then how is it not a DLC? I have heard various suggestions by players that project their views; I would like facts, please.

The host of the stream suggested that the 4v4v4 PvP is like a co-op 1st person shooter. Is it really? First person shooter co-op means free-for-all that takes zero strategy. "Shoot the bad guys; blame team mates when killed." I do not like 1st person view in gaming, tell me it will not be required in this PvP setting, please. Seriously the words spoken (1st person shooter) numbed my brain reducing the processing of data that came after to a whisper in the fog.

• oshaugm
    oshaugm
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I'm very excited about the Morrowind expansion! Could you please post a grid of the various purchase options, showing the features/benefits of each one? That would be fantastic and help me to make my decision. Thanks if possible.
  • shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭

Thank you for supplying the link. If Dev tracker is my friend, it is the one that looks annoyed when I ask a question they've already answered to someone other. :p

So in spite of the fact that I pay 180.00 USD every year since the game went live (plus crown purchases), I am now asked to pay more for access to part of the game? Or...is this a stand-alone that does not require the purchase of the ESO base?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am confused about the status of this game. If it is not a DLC, which was stated in the stream, is it a stand-alone game that does not require the ownership of ESO base game? If it is a stand-alone, how does it relate to the base game and the progression that I have there? If it is not a stand-alone, then how is it not a DLC? I have heard various suggestions by players that project their views; I would like facts, please.

The host of the stream suggested that the 4v4v4 PvP is like a co-op 1st person shooter. Is it really? First person shooter co-op means free-for-all that takes zero strategy. "Shoot the bad guys; blame team mates when killed." I do not like 1st person view in gaming, tell me it will not be required in this PvP setting, please. Seriously the words spoken (1st person shooter) numbed my brain reducing the processing of data that came after to a whisper in the fog.

It's partly a stand-alone game. You can start at level one in Vvardenfell. There's a new tuturial etc. The ESO: Morrowind game INCLUDES the original ESO base game though. This is a continuation of the main story we have seen so far in ESO, but slightly different enough to work as it's own main story too.

Generally, an expansion is something considerably larger than a DLC and includes "extras" - like in this case, a new class.

Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭

It's partly a stand-alone game. You can start at level one in Vvardenfell. There's a new tuturial etc. The ESO: Morrowind game INCLUDES the original ESO base game though. This is a continuation of the main story we have seen so far in ESO, but slightly different enough to work as it's own main story too.

Generally, an expansion is something considerably larger than a DLC and includes "extras" - like in this case, a new class.

I will read this as it is not a stand-alone, because the ESO base game is included with the purchase of Morrowind.
  • CubanRay
    CubanRay
    ✭✭

People will tell you is not a DLC is an expansion,well basically is the same [snip] with different name,that way ZOS can charge money kappa
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 16, 2018 9:49PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

If you purchase the full version of ESO: Morrowind (meaning, not the upgrade) then yes, it's basically a stand-alone game. You get access to all Morrowind content in addition to the full base game of ESO. If you upgrade, then you keep everything you currently have but just gain access to all content from Morrowind, including the new Warden class, Battlegrounds, etc.

oshaugm wrote: »
    Hi, I'm very excited about the Morrowind expansion! Could you please post a grid of the various purchase options, showing the features/benefits of each one? That would be fantastic and help me to make my decision. Thanks if possible.

You can view a grid right on the pre-order page! Just scroll all the way to the bottom. http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/preorder
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If you buy the physical edition can you use it to upgrade your account? Or do I have to buy it twice if I want the physical edition? @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if they are adding anything to the current classes. Not tweaking but actually adding anything.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina do you know who the Physical Collectors Edition retailers are for the UK yet?

I've check Game and Amazon but neither are listing it yet.

Edit:

Also if we're buying a physical addition will we have access to the new content via pre-order codes and a grace period to activate full game codes (like original launch) should our suppliers mess up with delivery times?
    Edited by Turelus on January 31, 2017 8:59PM
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • CubanRay
    CubanRay
    ✭✭
    How much is this? 60? I don't see the price in the link.
    Is this new version as big as the current game or just adding a new map zone?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CubanRay wrote: »

Price depends on version, there are full stand alone (entire game) versions and upgrade versions as well as collectors version in digital and physical.

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store?_ga=1.232911895.801863800.1445116353

Some can be found above the physical collectors edition is RRP $100 I believe.
  • TheTraveler
    TheTraveler
    ✭✭✭

If you purchase the full version of ESO: Morrowind (meaning, not the upgrade) then yes, it's basically a stand-alone game. You get access to all Morrowind content in addition to the full base game of ESO. If you upgrade, then you keep everything you currently have but just gain access to all content from Morrowind, including the new Warden class, Battlegrounds, etc.

oshaugm wrote: »

You can view a grid right on the pre-order page! Just scroll all the way to the bottom. http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/preorder

@ZOS_GinaBruno I understand that this is substantially larger than a normal DLC, and believe me, no-one loves the original Morrowind game more than I do, so I am ecstatic to see this; I just feel though, that ESO + members should get a discount to at least make having ESO + worth something...
    Edited by TheTraveler on January 31, 2017 9:15PM
  • CubanRay
    CubanRay
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    CubanRay wrote: »

Price depends on version, there are full stand alone (entire game) versions and upgrade versions as well as collectors version in digital and physical.

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store?_ga=1.232911895.801863800.1445116353

Some can be found above the physical collectors edition is RRP $100 I believe.

Thanks for the link bud,hhhmm the upgrade is 39.99.
    Are you buying the physical collector edition?
  • Runhent
    Runhent
    ✭✭✭
    Under sun and sky, Morrowind - we greet you warmly.

I'm so excited! Hope the physical copy will arrive to Russia retail shops soon. Can't wait!

Gilryne Telvanni, at your service.
    EU | Ebonheart Pact | ElderScrolls.Net & RuESO
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    If you buy the physical edition can you use it to upgrade your account? Or do I have to buy it twice if I want the physical edition? @ZOS_GinaBruno

Yes, just make sure you purchase the correct platform and you should be able to use the code in the Physical CE to upgrade your existing account.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I can say is that there better be some GREAT DLC, on a scale AT LEAST as large as Orsinium, coming up as well. You know, that stuff we were promised access to for the price of our monthly sub? And since THIS somehow is "NOT" DLC so has to be paid separately. Yep, the upcoming DLC better be GREAT.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Greevir
    Greevir
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, just make sure you purchase the correct platform and you should be able to use the code in the Physical CE to upgrade your existing account.

Will you still have the second account with just the base game available to you?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭
    I pay about 180.00 per year for subscription.
    I get a craft bag that is not as useful as it once was as Homestead costs are so high I have to sell my extra gear and mats to purchase housing and content.
    I get bonus experience which is detrimental to my progression as I progress faster though the ranks while gaining the same amount of gear and/or materials to advance my craft skills. (I end up under geared for the balance because I do not have what I need to upgrade my gear.)
    I get 1500 crowns where the only thing I'm interested in buying is a single house and crown crates (because I enjoy the card game.)
    I get free access to DLC...when there is DLC. Notice: I cannot purchase the Gold Edition or the Tamriel Unlimited. Why? The two packs would have cost me only 90.00. If I added the Morrowind pack, that would be a total of 130.00. I would still have $50.00 to spend on crowns to support my crate habit or purchase housing. That is all for only one year's sub cost.
    I would have still had $360.00 to spend on crowns from the other two years. That is almost 50,000 crowns.

Why should I continue subscribing?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get a craft bag that is not as useful as it once was as Homestead costs are so high I have to sell my extra gear and mats to purchase housing and content.
    I get bonus experience which is detrimental to my progression as I progress faster though the ranks while gaining the same amount of gear and/or materials to advance my craft skills. (I end up under geared for the balance because I do not have what I need to upgrade my gear.)
    I get 1500 crowns where the only thing I'm interested in buying is a single house and crown crates (because I enjoy the card game.)
    I get free access to DLC...when there is DLC. Notice: I cannot purchase the Gold Edition or the Tamriel Unlimited. Why? The two packs would have cost me only 90.00. If I added the Morrowind pack, that would be a total of 130.00. I would still have $50.00 to spend on crowns to support my crate habit or purchase housing. That is all for only one year's sub cost.
    I would have still had $360.00 to spend on crowns from the other two years. That is almost 50,000 crowns.

If you don't think you're getting the value for your money with the sub then unsub?
  • shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

If you don't think you're getting the value for your money with the sub then unsub?

That was my point. I should stop subscribing.