Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Discover the Next Chapter for ESO"

• Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow four new maintenance window added? This is getting bigger.
    • ESO Website for maintenance – January 31, 10:00AM EST (15:00 GMT)
    • ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – January 31, 11:00AM EST (16:00 GMT)
    • North American and European Xbox One megaservers for maintenance – February 1, 6:00AM EST (11:00 GMT)
    • North American and European PlayStation®4 megaservers for maintenance – February 1, 6:00AM EST (11:00 GMT)
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    • ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – January 31, 11:00AM EST (16:00 GMT)
    • North American and European Xbox One megaservers for maintenance – February 1, 6:00AM EST (11:00 GMT)
    • North American and European PlayStation®4 megaservers for maintenance – February 1, 6:00AM EST (11:00 GMT)

Hmmmm, might be console related? that is interesting
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My imagination is already going in so many directions!

I guess Vvardenfell is pretty safe, but what else? Clockwork city? A new item cap? A new class, Warden or Necromancer? New weapons, like spears, halberds, flails, crossbows, one-handed scepters, slings? Weapon dyes? New content for werewolves and vampires? Ability to join the Hidden Armigers, the Eyes of the Queen or the Ring of Daggers? Some news about Spellcrafting, introduced with the Great House Telvanni? Will we meet Divayth Fyr?

New creatures? Like a Lava Troll? Or cliffracers and stilt riders? Clockwork Dreughs? Skylamps? Malak-orcs?

Will Molag Bal still be a player in this? Will we learn more about his relationship with the Dreugh? And about the Coldharbour Compact that is so many times mentioned in the game?
    I still have a theory that next to the Mind Shriven and the Soul Shriven, there must also be some Body Shriven, ghost-like ethereal people who have consciousness and free will, but whose body is retained by Molag Bal, alive but enslaved, somewhere in Coldharbour. Such bodies could be used as incubators. Molag Bal would use them to brew some kind of new Mortal/Daedric hybrids for his armies, by using forbidden Dreugh magic.
    The Pomegranate Banquet is a precedent. It is said that a beheaded Vivec was once married to Molag Bal for 88 days. The missing head might be a metaphor for Vivec's soul and mind, free to go on Nirn and teach the Hortator while his/her body was used by Molag Bal. From their union, a "race that is no more" was born and ravaged the region now known as Molag Amur in Vvardenfell, before Vivec decided to kill her/his own children. The spawns of Daedric/Mortal hybridization could be potent new foes to fight.

Will some Group Dungeon Storylines be continued? Will we witness the beginning of the Daedric war prophetised so long ago? Will we learn Darien and Naryu's fates? Will the Fate Bearers be involved between some brotherly discord between Hermaeus Mora and Mephala?

And think about all the new crafting styles! Great House Hlaalu, Great House Redoran, Great House Telvanni, Great House Dres, Great House Indoril, Great House Dagoth, Late House Sotha, Morag Tong, Fate Bearers, Bal Molagmer, Ashlanders, Ancient Velothi, Chimer, Tribunal Temple, Bonemold, Aundae, Berne, Quarra, Kamali (they invaded not so long ago),...
    Will we get a smurf Telvanni mushroom house?

Gosh, even the fishing trophies will be interesting, as they will provide the Skywind team with new source materials!

So many possibilities! So many questions! So much hyyyyype! :):D:blush::scream::smiley::grin::joy::love::yum::worried: Can't... wait... for... gaaAaAahhhhh

*Verbose starts to run around in circles, arms up in the air, emitting strange loud sounds that barely bear any resemblance to human language*
    Edited by VerboseQuips on January 31, 2017 1:59AM
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »

Maybe they don't have anything to maintain, and just want us to be in front of Twitch instead of playing. :smiley:

This is going to be BIG! :smiley:
    My characters:
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ability to join the Hidden Armigers, the Eyes of the Queen or the Ring of Daggers?

I hate to break it to you, @VerboseQuips , but you can already join the Eyes of the Queen. :D You do so as part of the Aldmeri Dominion questline.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ability to join the Hidden Armigers, the Eyes of the Queen or the Ring of Daggers?

I hate to break it to you, @VerboseQuips , but you can already join the Eyes of the Queen. :D You do so as part of the Aldmeri Dominion questline.

Well, I meant, as a full faction with its skill line. It'd be a nice new way to PvP. Imagine, for example, having to sneak your way to secret documents before an adversarial team gets there or get them out of a Fortress. Or extracting a covert agent before he gets discovered, while the opposite team gather clues in order to discover who he is. It would open many new small-scale PvP possibilities. :)

But true, you're right. I expressed myself very badly. And now, I'm going to express myself even worse before sleep. Ghaaaahh!!!

My characters:
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8a6f793a544601b0e070d9ddcae432.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Discover the Next Chapter for ESO. Be sure to join us tomorrow, January 31st at 11:00am PST / 2:00pm EST / 7:00pm GMT on twitch.tv/bethesda to discover the next chapter for The Elder Scrolls Online. We'll be unveiling a bunch of new, exciting information that you definitely won't want to miss!

These always seem to be timed for people who do not have regular jobs (or University students for that matter).

Is it your intention to make it impossible for the majority of your customers to not be able to view these?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, clearly an aerial picture of Red Mountain erupting. My problem is that a Vvardenfell ESO thing is not big enough, even with Clockwork City tossed in. Hines already said no remaster of Morrowind. Are they just making excitement for something not that big?
    Edited by Elsonso on January 31, 2017 2:00AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    scorpiodog wrote: »

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Discover the Next Chapter for ESO. Be sure to join us tomorrow, January 31st at 11:00am PST / 2:00pm EST / 7:00pm GMT on twitch.tv/bethesda to discover the next chapter for The Elder Scrolls Online. We'll be unveiling a bunch of new, exciting information that you definitely won't want to miss!

These always seem to be timed for people who do not have regular jobs (or University students for that matter).

Is it your intention to make it impossible for the majority of your customers to not be able to view these?

Gotta happen at some time. Replay is available immediately afterwards.
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    16387060_1880663245553777_3320984841629951949_n.jpg?oh=1409e7803a508217155d821ebb2b5f0b&oe=5902607C

Now announcing our next expansion... THE BUTTCRACK OF DOOM

City of Ash III confirmed.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not enough. It will only be enough once Raz tells me the story about the time when he rode a Guar naked into an Argonian temple.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    It's not enough. It will only be enough once Raz tells me the story about the time when he rode a Guar naked into an Argonian temple.

I dunno, I want to hear the story about the schoolmarm and the purple velvet dress, myself.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't the last time that a Bethesda suit was involved was when they announced they were dropping subs and going B2P....

6K Crown motif...

10K Crown Houses...

F2P?

(OK probably not but that 10K Manor is $73 real US dollars! If the largest manor furnished was say 15K Crowns, that's $109. How much is the Cavern or the Island going to cost? 20K Crowns is $145!!!)
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hype seems a bit overblown, but the next chapter phrasing is definitely good speculation bait. I wonder how clear it will really be after tomorrow...
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • thomas1970b16_ESO
    thomas1970b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    The next chapter makes it sound like something more than a DLC, could we be seeing the first expansion? :hushed:.

Can't wait for tomorrow, should be amazing.

I can imagine "next chapter" meaning next chapter as far as storytelling goes.
  • trav2609rwb17_ESO
    trav2609rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hopes some skooma is included as think there going to be some major headaches after all this hard thinking :>
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are assuming you know the demography of this games player base. THEY have all the data, not us.
    ****Master Healer...****
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭

I believe they set the time so that people who aren't from the US also get the news the same day.
    stam scrub
  • jluchau
    jluchau
    ✭✭✭

Speaking of which, what is the "blue" background painting on the age gate page? I don't recall seeing this one, before.

the image file is called ickeyart2.jpg sounds like an imperial city asset.

• kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deleted
    Edited by kewl on January 31, 2017 7:34AM
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont know whats the reason to hype new things before homestead reach live server. This is something you do after normally... But maybe the critics about homestead are to big and the hypetrain shall choo choo the critics down...

Hope they dont change everything again and again, before just fixing the base...

Vvradenfell announcement i think.
    Also a new classe
    And gearcap rising with a new loot balancing, because class balancing was so perfect in homestead
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
    #BuffSam
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well anything which is non-work hours for the US would be late for most of Europe.
    If they wanted to be inclusive to any many as possible it would have to be about this time but also on a weekend.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    decoder.jpg
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Please show data that the majority of their customers live in the Americas. :) I have a regular job and I'm home at 8pm when it happens. That said, maybe do it on a weekend next time so more people have a chance to watch live?
    Edited by Rosveen on January 31, 2017 9:28AM
  • iBreatheBullets
    Okay this has hardly anything to do with the current speculation i'm just throwing in a neat idea i've been cooking for a while now. Imagine a new class to freshen up the options, called Naturalist. The three skill lines are called Druidism, Shamanism, and... I dont have a word for it but something.. Monk-like?

Druidism will have new ways to utilise battle pets that don't suck, Shamanism will be.. well just imagine the badass attack animations of the Minotaur Shamans in the Gold Coast. The monky subclass will focus on martial knowledge (maybe call it martialism then?) and focus on passives and actives that CHANGE and scale different depending on your equipped armour weight and weapon type.

I imagine something like this could be done, albeit with much more skill and finesse than it took me to detail it just now.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a very long day at work... 7 hours 43mins left until the show.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Website, store, account and both consoles maintenance?

First thing which comes to mind is cross-platform, but i don't even...
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niaver wrote: »
    Website, store, account and both consoles maintenance?

First thing which comes to mind is cross-platform, but i don't even...

Console maintenance was probably "regularly scheduled" but they forgot to put it on the list. It would not be the first time that they did this on a Monday. They could have also added it to "clear the pipes" if people have been having problems.

As for the ESO Store and Account system, this is down so much for maintenance that it is impossible to say. It apparently has to go down every time they sneeze. I suspect an architectural bottleneck in their backend server design.

Website is an outlier, and is probably to prep stuff for the announcement today.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    range frost DD coming in 2017 in either new class or skill line or spellcrafting and told in what form
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay F2P incoming...

Vvardenfell even but don't expect too much, is just a zone with 10 chain quest.

NEW SUPER CROWN CRATES, BECOME THE EMPEROR FOR JUST 49,99€ AND GET ALL THE RARE TRIAL EQUIP FOR 99,99€
    Signature