The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

@ Zos How to Fix Heavy Armor

• thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    that is the problem. Heavy armor is not only for tanks!
    there are many playstyles for heavy armor. one of which is the berserker type playstyle that zos mentioned they wanted to promote.

heavy should be balanced around being able to take hits while still promoting a variety of playstyles. something they are trying to do.

why do you want to kill diversity and make heavy a niche for tanks. ok everyone, where light if mag, medium if stam, heavy if tank. that is boring and serves to kill build diversity. The approach zos is taking is the right one. The issue is with champ points, not heavy.

Also, there is no real way to test these changes because there is no open world pvp on pts. We need to wait to see how these changes play out. The only thing that should change if a change occurs is the amount of sustain heavy has.

stop trying to pigeon hole things.

The only thing is that the berserker style will pretty much always be the most effective style of gameplay for PvP. Even without the champ points you will still have great damage because they don't need to worry about regen as much. The game has sort of pigeonholed me into heavy armor for PvP, it's too good not to use. As long as heavy can do good damage what's the point of using light or medium

The damage is only there if you take damage. Same with sustain. light and heavy get passive sustain and damage. again, need to see how these changes work. Also, heavy is most viable because of power creep. Damage is too high right now making the the mitigation more appealing. PLus proc sets which no longer crit. by bringing the top down in damage you make medium and light more appealing.

really proc sets are what make heavy even more viable cause they still allow you to put out large damage even though you miught have low damage.

fix the problem (cp/proc/power creep), dont treat the symptoms.

I do agree that proc sets make heavy seem a little op, but also I think heavy is just op even without proc sets (for PvP only) because you can still have really good burst in heavy armor. Like I had a build that was 5 seducer (heavy), 5 necroprentence, 1 infernal guardian(heavy), it had 51k mm almost 3000sd 43℅ crit chance, but what made this op was that I could get my resistances up to almost 30k so I had light armor damage stats with heavy amor resistances all while not putting anything into regen not even CP. Like who can't you burst down with 51k magicka lol. So you can build really good burst damage in heavy your DPS will suffer but DPS means very little in PvP. Even without wrath heavy armor would still be too strong. I agree with you is the power creep. Everyone's can build stats that are way too strong. The fact that I can even have 50k magicka and 30k resistance is broken. I think the main problem is that you can combine everything into one build because of the 5-5-2 combination of armor sets. You can also craft damage sets like julianos in heavy armor which is also broken. Because as long as I can build all damage and then have great sustain because I'm in heavy armor there's no point for me to run light armor. It's just completely outclassed by heavy
  • CubanRay
    CubanRay
    ✭✭
    I really wish they get rid of all armor damage passives,to me armor as always been for sustain,movement,resistance and health just a few.
    Armor shouldn't do damage,that's why we have weapons.