Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live: January 27 @ 3pm EST"

• Iliaz
    Iliaz
    ✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    Please give us the ability to change the style of existing crafted and dropped items, my little khajiit begs you with all four of her paws :'(

Second this!
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Vardenfell Teaser even a glimpse

Second This!

I also agree with both of this.
    Transmutation/wardrobe systems are really needed, those (mostly) ugly monster sets totally destroy the looks of my character. Why can't i wear full EP Heavy when shoulders and helmet are the best part of it but Monster sets take their place.

Also as a third:

-Toggle for Vampire looks, my Dunmer looks atrocious when he is pale af.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooo... It's really busy at work (on lunch right now) so I can't watch.... I'd love if anyone would tweet big/new news with #ESOlive on twitter... Or straight at me on there... @missbizzplays.. can't watch it but will be able to read tweets while making work calls! Pretty please <3
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know I probably sound a bit obsessed with this but... Will the lighting in houses be fixed? lol :lol:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Illumous
    Illumous
    ✭✭✭
    Are there plans to revert the removal of Blazing Spear's stun? This change was made with the idea of making rotations simpler, but it will deeply impact Magicka Templar's ability to perform in PvP and PvE.To me this change makes things more complicated as it forces me to throw another skill on my bar to run a reliable CC while still having a Spear Shard morph that provides group stamina support. Disorient from Luminous Shards is too easily broken and often times provides free CC immunity when the target has a DoT on them to be viable in certain environments (especially group PvP).
    Sol-Illumous | Breton Templar | Mag Support/Healer | EP
    Sol-Ventus | Imperial Templar | Stam DPS | EP
    Famìne | Argonian Templar | Mag Support/Healer | DC
    NA Azura's Star (PC) - WCFC (Myrmidons) & Horsemen of Apocalypse
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @MissBizz -
    I'm not on Twitter so you'll have to put up with this here.

--They're planning to do ESO Live every two weeks going forward

--Crown prices for UNFURNISHED houses:
    1000 for apartment

3100-4000 for small houses

5000-6500 for medium houses

7500-8500 for large houses (thank you @mmogamerperson for catching the top end)

10000+ for manors

Furnished prices are still in flux.
    Edited by WhiteCoatSyndrome on January 27, 2017 9:13PM
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MissBizz -
    I'm not on Twitter so you'll have to put up with this here.

--They're planning to do ESO Live every two weeks going forward

--Crown prices for UNFURNISHED houses:
    1000 for apartment

3100-4000 for small houses

5000-6500 for medium houses

7500-??? for large houses (sorry I didn't catch the top end)

10000+ for manors

Furnished prices are still in flux.

@WhiteCoatSyndrome thank you!!! Prices are in line with what I figured. No shock or complaints from me.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • mmogamerperson
    mmogamerperson
    ✭✭✭
    8500 top end for Large
    The only Sane people in the world are those that are iNsAnE, and know it...
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Called it on the house prices.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems perfectly reasonable to me. The manors aren't supposed to be for everyone. If they intended for everyone to be able to afford the manors through gold/crowns then what would the purpose of smaller houses even be? Obviously the nicest, most elite manors were going to be pricey and owned by very few. No reason to be all angry if you can't afford one.

The small houses are surprisingly quite cheap (3100 is less than tons of mounts even) and the medium homes are just about 3-4 months of ESO plus crowns. And, of course, if you don't want to pay crowns you can always buy them for gold.
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing about Imperial furniture
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad it's back!

Just a couple of thoughts that come to mind:

Yes, I really enjoy the way you're releasing the patch notes Gina (with the spoilers you can open/close). Makes it a lot easier to both digest, and provides valuable insight into what the balance team are thinking.

"Less than 3% have actually maxed out their bags and bank space" That's very interesting, thanks. Love little facts like that. It really puts the whole, 'storage' space argument in a new light.

The concept art process was also very interesting. That's a lot of time going into each of the pictures. I had no idea it was quite so much. The final products are wonderful. I wonder what program/s are used to make it? Was that spoken about, if so missed it sadly.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    The concept art process was also very interesting. That's a lot of time going into each of the pictures. I had no idea it was quite so much. The final products are wonderful. I wonder what program/s are used to make it? Was that spoken about, if so missed it sadly.
    It was an excellent segment. Lucas did mention how he approached the structure of each image but I didn't catch what programs he used. Not that it would have made any sense, i'm still wedded to pencil and paper!

'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • esotericist
    "Less than 3% have actually maxed out their bags and bank space" That's very interesting, thanks. Love little facts like that. It really puts the whole, 'storage' space argument in a new light.

The factoid that over half of the players haven't upgraded their bags and bank AT ALL blew my mind.

I'm still fairly new, haven't gotten my bank all the way up yet as a consequence, and I am desperate for all of the storage I can get. I can't fathom how someone can play long-term with just the starting capacity, even when you factor in things like the crafting bag.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not surprising at all. I have maxed out my bags but haven't maxed out bank space. I just refuse paying 28 000+ gold for 10 storage slots.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Romikov
    Romikov
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately ZOS forgot to deliver the usability of housing, it is well thought out in AION, here, neither the prestige nor the benefits from the possibility of growing herbs or artifacts .. no nothing ... I was disappointed, maybe something ZOS expand and adds in time .. and I really enjoyed. .... sorry for the gogle translation
    ps.. and where is set jewelry crafting??
    Edited by Romikov on January 28, 2017 3:56PM
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭
    So because the vast majority of people have not upgraded their bank/bag space it means that those who have bought more bag/bank space in game aren't allowed to access (even for real $) more storage space in housing? That makes zero sense.
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elder_III wrote: »
    So because the vast majority of people have not upgraded their bank/bag space it means that those who have bought more bag/bank space in game aren't allowed to access (even for real $) more storage space in housing? That makes zero sense.

Actually it makes perfect sense. Why spend resources on a feature that only 3% of the userbase will use, its a waste on ZoS part and better spent developing other items.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone written up a summary of Friday's ESO live?
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elder_III wrote: »

Actually it makes perfect sense. Why spend resources on a feature that only 3% of the userbase will use, its a waste on ZoS part and better spent developing other items.

Like they don't waste time now...lol
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well then, I'm one of the 3% and still find myself short of storage space. Now giving this reason to not add additional storage is really strange indeed. I'm not impressed by this.

If I remember right, when we asked for more storage, you all said that it was too much work, and that a line had to be drawn. Fortunately or unfortunately that's available in writing (if someone can link it, it would be nice). Please don't make excuses for not adding content. It's not professional.
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atleast we now know that 3% of the Worlds population are hoarders......
    Edited by Glamdring on January 29, 2017 9:44AM
  • esotericist
    Well then, I'm one of the 3% and still find myself short of storage space. Now giving this reason to not add additional storage is really strange indeed. I'm not impressed by this.

If I remember right, when we asked for more storage, you all said that it was too much work, and that a line had to be drawn. Fortunately or unfortunately that's available in writing (if someone can link it, it would be nice). Please don't make excuses for not adding content. It's not professional.

In the ESO Live broadcast, they said they aren't ruling it out in the future for housing to have storage, just that it doesn't right now make sense to allocate the engineering resources in the first pass when the majority of the playerbase isn't utilizing any of the storage extension options already available.

And that, I think, is completely fair: their focus right now is on getting housing out and functional.

So let's let them get that initial pass done, then let them fix all of the horrific bugs that didn't get noticed or fixed in PTS, then we can start clamoring about storage again, once they're no longer a) trying to ship a new product, or b) no longer trying to put out the fires in the new product.

Maybe even c) once they figure out why the heck over half of the players are overlooking a crucial upgrade path, if we're feeling kind.

(I'm not sure I'm feeling that kind, though :wink: )
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In the ESO Live broadcast, they said they aren't ruling it out in the future for housing to have storage, just that it doesn't right now make sense to allocate the engineering resources in the first pass when the majority of the playerbase isn't utilizing any of the storage extension options already available.

And that, I think, is completely fair: their focus right now is on getting housing out and functional.

So let's let them get that initial pass done, then let them fix all of the horrific bugs that didn't get noticed or fixed in PTS, then we can start clamoring about storage again, once they're no longer a) trying to ship a new product, or b) no longer trying to put out the fires in the new product.

Maybe even c) once they figure out why the heck over half of the players are overlooking a crucial upgrade path, if we're feeling kind.

(I'm not sure I'm feeling that kind, though :wink: )

What concerns me is not that fact storage is not coming with housing, but as to Will it ever be implemented? The excuses actually point to a possibility of not adding it all. There are far too many sets in the game and not enough storage TBH IMO.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    20,000 crowns for manor full furnished.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• ricam
    ricam
    ✭✭✭
    On the player housing caps. I watched the live and the reason for caps was addressed. But I didn't hear anything about the medium and large houses having the same cap. In fact, I think they said they wanted to make sure it was tiered to the house size? Can you clear this up?
    PS4 NA. Ebonheart Pact, Dark Elf, Sorcerer