Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC-EU Trueflame. Message to EP

Biro123
Biro123
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Can't we just agree that Chalman is in fact a DC home keep and instead all focus on attacking AD?

AD.. Seriously.. another nightcap and pop-locked before lunchtime with ALL keeps captured.? Are you guys trying to drive everyone else to other campaigns?
Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
Aidee - Magsorc - DC
Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Avaglaor
    Avaglaor
    ✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Can't we just agree that Chalman is in fact a DC home keep and instead all focus on attacking AD?

And why we can't agree the obvious? Chalman is EP home keep, start going to Roebeck instead, its really funny that your message is for EP and not for DC...
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about a time-share?

But seriously, I've given up trying to get DC to stop pushing Chal. The worst I saw was a few nights ago..

AD have Ash. DC pushing from Bleakers to Chal.

AD take Ales. DC pushing from Bleakers to Chal.

AD take Rayles. DC pushing from Bleakers to Chal.

AD take Warden. DC pushing from Bleakers to Chal.

AD take scrolls. DC pushing from Bleakers to Chal.

You couldn't make it up.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Avaglaor
    Avaglaor
    ✭✭✭
    The whole map is yellow again this morning so I dont know if there is any point to discuss this.

IF the campaign was working and IF winning a campaign had any meaning then the best you could do is to secure your home keeps and then push the 1st whoever that is (AD for many months now coz of night/morning capping)

EP are at the bridge farming AP or trying to get Alessia for main gate (...) anyway, so its the DC that have to stop going to Chalman and join the bridge probably... again Roebeck is your way.

A bit more lag would be nice as well :expressionless:
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought we agreed a long time ago we were swapping Chalman for Dragonclaw? I have been away for a while so maybe the treaties of old are not in place any more.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Avaglaor wrote: »
    The whole map is yellow again this morning so I dont know if there is any point to discuss this.

This highlights a problem with the cyrodil design, I think.. When one faction is outnumbered by another - the balancing factor is having keeps to defend - so the bigger faction still has to work for any progress..

But when they nightcap EVERYTHING, then through the day you have 5 or 6 ppl trying to take keeps defended by 20+.. Those 5 or 6 give up and go do PVE or something.. another 5 or 6 log in and try the same thing.. give up..

WAKE UP - ITS KILLING PVP (at least until prime-time)
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you ought to address your message to AD rather. They're the faction with organised groups up at 7am. Looking at Saras & co, and "lfg Boss" here.

Even if DC and EP stopped fighting, there wouldn't be enough people around to stop yet another AD nightcap. Just for reference, I was alone at Aleswell at 6am, facing off 20+ organised AD.

The issue isn't with Chalman. It's with randoms from both sides mindlessly flocking towards it in the absence of a somewhat coordinated group.

Either make an "lfg Boss" DC equivalent, or go home.

Edit: Issue is also with the fact that AD is way overpopulated on TF, whereas EP is ruining Azura and DC is, idk, filled with smallscalers fighting on the bridge.
    Edited by covenant_merchant on January 26, 2017 9:32AM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you ought to address your message to AD rather. They're the faction with organised groups up at 7am. Looking at Saras & co, and "lfg Boss" here.

Even if DC and EP stopped fighting, there wouldn't be enough people around to stop yet another AD nightcap. Just for reference, I was alone at Aleswell at 6am, facing off 20+ organised AD.

The issue isn't with Chalman. It's with randoms from both sides mindlessly flocking towards it in the absence of a somewhat coordinated group.

Either make an "lfg Boss" DC equivalent, or go home.

Edit: Issue is also with the fact that AD is way overpopulated on TF, whereas EP is ruining Azura and DC is, idk, filled with smallscalers fighting on the bridge.

That's exactly it.. It was just a bit of 'tongue in cheek' putting it out to EP, since its very obvious that Chal is NOT a DC home keep. To be honest, I could live with the AD nightcaps if EP/DC left Chal/Bleakers alone and focussed instead on making AD pay for their nightcapping..

DC is starting to get a bit more organised - and so is pushing Chal a bit less - but its still happening - and EP are obviously pushing back (which keeps pulling focus back away from AD). The sad thing is though, that many of those who a month or so ago kept trying to steer people away from Chal in zone chat, seem to have given up and now just go with the flow (which is usually Chal).
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • orobferb16_ESO
    The problem is also that people doesn´t feel like they can change anything, so they just go with the flow for some AP, easy way.
    I mean, between nightcaps, farm groups, etc... the feeling is... why care about campaign, lets just login for some AP and that´s all.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is also that people doesn´t feel like they can change anything, so they just go with the flow for some AP, easy way.
    I mean, between nightcaps, farm groups, etc... the feeling is... why care about campaign, lets just login for some AP and that´s all.
    This has been the mind set for many for a very long time. Campaigns still have no real benefit to winning, unless this changed whilst I was away. Isn't it just "you get some more gold, wheeee!"
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For the AvA players it would be good if they could invest their AP in keep guards, stronger AI that equalled the missing players on your alliance. Obviously they would despawn the more your alliance logged in.

It would solve the issue of night capping but it would cost players AP which I'm sure the dedicated AvA players wouldn't mind.

As for the Chal lemmings, they can't help it. It's instinct.
    PC EU
  • Avaglaor
    Avaglaor
    ✭✭✭
    In our Guild we like to play for the campaign and not for AP farming, but what I know for sure is that Cyrodiil will be an empty map "if it remain in the current status" when Camelot Unchained or even Crowfall release.

The "nightcapers", "Chalman lemmings" and "Bridge farmers" will be there as long as ZoS allows them.
    Edited by Avaglaor on January 26, 2017 11:24AM
  • Loicozor
    Loicozor
    ✭✭✭
    Put bridge between each keep, problem solved
    AFK Officer of eXile Corp [DC - PC - EU] CP 1000+

Loicozor MagDK Lvl50 AR 49 Grand ScrubLord
    Loiicozorr MagBlade Lvl50 AR25 BombLord
    Loicozzorr Stamplar Lvl50 AR 24 JabLord
    Loicozorr StamBlade Lvl50 AR 23 ProcLord
    Loiicozzor StamSorc Lvl50 AR17 RapidLord
    Loiicozor StamDK Lvl50 AR13 SlackLord
    Loicozzor MagSorc Lvl50 AR13 PveLord
    Loiicozzorr Healplar Lvl50 AR13 PveLord
    Loicozerg The Fabulous StamDK Lvl50 AR2 SlackLord
    Legendary Smallscalozor MagSorc Lvl 50 AR2 SlackLord
    Exploitozor Exile MagDen Lvl 50 AR2 SlackLord
    Loicozerg Exile StamDen Lvl50 AR2 SlackLord
    Big Boss The Shiny ScrubHealplar Lvl50 AR10 AD
    Gankozor exile Stamblade Lvl50 AR11 EP
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loicozor wrote: »

THE BRIDGE OF POINTS IS SACRED AND SHOULD NOT HAVE CHEAP COPIES MADE OF IT! :rage:
  • Loicozor
    Loicozor
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

THE BRIDGE OF POINTS IS SACRED AND SHOULD NOT HAVE CHEAP COPIES MADE OF IT! :rage:

Do you think if ZOS remove bridge half of players stop this game?
    AFK Officer of eXile Corp [DC - PC - EU] CP 1000+

Loicozor MagDK Lvl50 AR 49 Grand ScrubLord
    Loiicozorr MagBlade Lvl50 AR25 BombLord
    Loicozzorr Stamplar Lvl50 AR 24 JabLord
    Loicozorr StamBlade Lvl50 AR 23 ProcLord
    Loiicozzor StamSorc Lvl50 AR17 RapidLord
    Loiicozor StamDK Lvl50 AR13 SlackLord
    Loicozzor MagSorc Lvl50 AR13 PveLord
    Loiicozzorr Healplar Lvl50 AR13 PveLord
    Loicozerg The Fabulous StamDK Lvl50 AR2 SlackLord
    Legendary Smallscalozor MagSorc Lvl 50 AR2 SlackLord
    Exploitozor Exile MagDen Lvl 50 AR2 SlackLord
    Loicozerg Exile StamDen Lvl50 AR2 SlackLord
    Big Boss The Shiny ScrubHealplar Lvl50 AR10 AD
    Gankozor exile Stamblade Lvl50 AR11 EP
  • Avaglaor
    Avaglaor
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think if ZOS remove bridge half of players stop this game?

I think that ZoS does not even know for what bridge we are talking :P

• prootch
    prootch
    ✭✭✭
    I think you ought to address your message to AD rather. They're the faction with organised groups up at 7am. Looking at Saras & co, and "lfg Boss" here. Even if DC and EP stopped fighting, there wouldn't be enough people around to stop yet another AD nightcap. Just for reference, I was alone at Aleswell at 6am, facing off 20+ organised AD.

Well well, actually people do have jobs and certainly other interest than 6am keep defense. Now people with a life just go to bed at some time, then to work in the morning: only jobless and some kind of students can afford that kind of playing hours.
    The issue isn't with Chalman. It's with randoms from both sides mindlessly flocking towards it in the absence of a somewhat coordinated group. Either make an "lfg Boss" DC equivalent, or go home.

TDA is having an open warband almost every prime time on DC side, so it's hardly the pb. Nevertheless, AD are regurlarly loosing down to spawn keeps in prime time as soon as two DC groups are up to depack the fight so they can not stack the entire AD population in one keep defense.

Why cares about a campaign won through endless AD 6am pvdoor ? for 15k po more ? ... and now with the new keeps 6k ap + 3x1.5k ap on ressources around, will emerge a new ap powerleveling option of keeps and ressources swapping for pve boyz and loobies alike :p
    Edited by prootch on January 26, 2017 5:12PM
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    prootch wrote: »
    Well well, actually people do have jobs and certainly other interest than 6am keep defense. Now people with a life just go to bed at some time, then to work in the morning: only jobless and some kind of students can afford that kind of playing hours.

I like the underlying assumption and stealth belittling insult there, I really do. However it falls on deaf ears coming from someone who raids until 4 and has several very highly ranked characters.

Otherwise, nobody said anything about prime time here. During prime time, there are queues to the campaign on every faction (arguably, the DC one being shorter), and everyone zergs equally.

The thread was made by someone complaining about the lack of decent PVP outside of prime time (aka outside of 40+ man groups and lag), which is fueled by AD zerging down the map. And it is that much more depressing to have to ride awhile to a resource, only to get rolled over by 20+ people.
    prootch wrote: »
    Why cares about a campaign won through endless AD 6am pvdoor ? for 15k po more ? ... and now with the new keeps 6k ap + 3x1.5k ap on ressources around, will emerge a new ap powerleveling option of keeps and ressources swapping for pve boyz and loobies alike :p

Nobody cares about the campaign apart from Big Boss. It's about good PVP and meaning, not that you would know it.

As for the whole "then don't play outside of prime time" oh so subtle nudge, to each their own. Not everyone has a routine with a 9 to 5 job, family, and 2h of mindless zerging in the evenings sort of life. And not everyone craves that.
    People have always played at unusual hours, be it because of different time zones, partial studies, nighttime jobs, or because they're wealthy and can afford such a lifestyle and focus on the typically first-world issues like zerging in an mmo.
    Also you're the one with a Grand Overlord, an August Palatine, a Major(was it?), and probably more playtime on your account than anything I could hope to accomplish.

But at the end of the day, we both go back to the same game. You with a group whose size and organisation allows it to siege back nightcapped keeps, and me ? alone or with a few friends, camping resources and getting ticks in before getting rekt by a swarm of AD. And if we're honest, both playstyles can be judged af. You with your zerging, and me with killing clueless noobs, because lets face it, 1vX with any decent players "Xing" you just doesn't happen.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would kinda be interested to learn how regular members of the AD morning/luchtime PvP crew perceive their dominiation. No bait. I`m just wondering if the recent domination by numbers is more on the fun or boring side to them.

I personally find that it destroys the last resort of good pvp eso had to offer, the morning pvp, where people used to act more smart and strategic. But as I said, this is not supposed to be a bait, I just want to know if some of veteran big boss followers might start to feel the same.

I mean, pvp is defined by having an opposition, right?
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on January 27, 2017 8:09AM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would kinda be interested to learn how regular members of the AD morning/luchtime PvP crew perceive their dominiation. No bait. I`m just wondering if the recent domination by numbers is more on the fun or boring side to them.

I personally find that it destroys the last resort of good pvp eso had to offer, the morning pvp, where people used to act more smart and strategic. But as I said, this is not supposed to be a bait, I just want to know if some of veteran big boss followers might start to feel the same.

I mean, pvp is defined by having an opposition, right?

+1

All the zone chat I heard in DC yesterday morning was about switching campaign. It was being talked about in guild chat last night too. I suspect the same conversations are happening all over amongst others too. I don't know about today - I haven't logged into TF yet, and don't expect I will. It may not be apparent yet, and I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect TF is done.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD zonechat is usualy split about this. Some encourage to push each faction all the way to their gates and some plead and beg to let EP and DC get some keeps back in order to have a better and more intresting map to PVP in.
    :]
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD zonechat is usualy split about this. Some encourage to push each faction all the way to their gates and some plead and beg to let EP and DC get some keeps back in order to have a better and more intresting map to PVP in.

This was about how it was back when EP were night capping during War Council days.

ESO doesn't really have any set rules for campaign etiquette though, so you'll never be able to to have everyone agree to work under the same agreement of what's fair or acceptable.

Generally if people are not exploiting then accept it's part of the game and either join in and use it to your advantage or start working with ZOS to find a better alternative.
  • prootch
    prootch
    ✭✭✭
    The point is not to push to gates or not... in prime time with full lock factions it does not really matter: if it happens it means two factions are attacking one simultaneously. So be it. That's part of open rvr.

The point is the AD pvdoor that kills any decent pvp during day time for small groupes :dizzy: (obviously I was not speaking of real pvp there but of 6am pvdoor). And AD stacking 25+ in keep def all day after capturing empty keeps. And then trying to give pvp lessons.

Trying to justify your way of life is pointless here :hushed: but I find the reaction quite funny I admit (as an indep affording "such a lifestyle" by the way, as you noted my playing hours are not prime time only). Nonetheless our connection times are nothing to be compared atm obviously). But come anytime with your red or yellow char instead of n-wipe zerging o:)

One of the ultimate spamball player... speaking of zerg <3
    Too bad desert rose bug is getting a nerf eh, but you can still go with multiple mundus and hist and still pretend pvp :dizzy:
    Edited by prootch on January 27, 2017 12:36PM
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was quite hilarious to see the AD hordes vanish as soon as their emp got dethroned in prime time last night.

Grow a pair, bananas!
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • prootch
    prootch
    ✭✭✭
    Kind of sad actually... still the population lock and the test we made with 8 on faregyl after the emp fell on prime time, precisely established where the hord was hiding behind its walls :hushed:
    Edited by prootch on January 27, 2017 12:45PM
  • Avaglaor
    Avaglaor
    ✭✭✭
    AD have emp from the nightcap, they have the scroll buffs and they are zerging at prime time defending whatever they own.

Getting killed from 4-5 different destro ultis at the same time while you cant do any skill/break free coz of the lag its just not fun.
    We had some nice fights with DC tonight at Chalman/Bleakers/Aleswell so I'm not really sure if we have to fight against AD or just ignore them and avoid them and let them PvDoor forever...
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Trueflame is extremely boring.
    I don't join Big Boss zerg but I help while I "solo" but this isn't fun anymore.
    There is no challenge.

This patch has ruined PVP campaigns: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/251063/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-3-5
    Removed the alliance restrictions for campaign reassignments; you may now have characters from any alliance assigned to the same campaign.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler Please consider to revert the above change so a player may have only one character per campaign.
    There is no loyalty to an alliance, players can just switch to the winning side(Aldmeri Dominion in this case).
    All it takes is 1-2 nightcaps and then many DC and EP players just flock to AD side(logging to their AD characters).
    This is wrong and should not be allowed.

Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Baragorath
    Baragorath
    ✭✭✭
    Lord wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Please consider to revert the above change so a player may have only one character per campaign.
    There is no loyalty to an alliance, players can just switch to the winning side(Aldmeri Dominion in this case).
    All it takes is 1-2 nightcaps and then many DC and EP players just flock to AD side(logging to their AD characters).
    This is wrong and should not be allowed.

Agree with above for example yesterday Friday evening time according addon was 75 yellows pushing BRK keep and only 20 Pact players were defending it. Arrius lumber had maximum of 45 pact players after lost of BRK. Additionally que for Trueflame was that time 25 to enter Cyro and Imperial City was full blue and none Pact player has been seen around Chalman. On Pact side we have too many reloggers which lock EP campaign.
    Edited by Baragorath on January 28, 2017 1:30PM
    Baragorath - Proud Nord - Dragon Knight - Former Emperor - AR40
    One-Who-Crushes-Mountains - Argonian - Templar - AR8
    Grotarg Delan - Dunmer - Nightblade - AR6
    Avosaris - High Elf - Sorcerer - AR6

Squishy Tomatoes - Pact Support Group - July 2016 - up to date

Decimation Elite - Field Marshal - December 2014 - May 2016

Gave up on Banana Squad members math skills - March 2016
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with the one faction/character per campaign was you could already bypass it, they just made it so you didn't need to use the work around.
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    The problem with the one faction/character per campaign was you could already bypass it, they just made it so you didn't need to use the work around.

Not to mention most of the AD play only one character either way. Just look at all these names that zerg you every morning ? Do they take alts, do they play anything else ? Nope. They log in from 6am to noon to gate camp the map against 5-6 defenders tops, and congratulate themselves on a good PVP session while you lay on the ground, dead and seething, and take out your frustration on any AD you see later on.
    Edited by covenant_merchant on January 28, 2017 3:20PM
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is any of this new? AD's been doing this in Trueflame ever since their mass exodus from Azura's Star like 8 months ago. Theyre just that many, and it has nothing to do with alliance switching or whatever.
    Edited by Valencer on January 28, 2017 4:48PM
This discussion has been closed.