Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Guide] Get ready tips, guides and links for the Homestead patch

Edenprime
Edenprime
✭✭✭✭
Homestead is being released on 6.2.0107 and I thought I'd translate the guide I made for my guildies. This is of course not everything, but just the major points that were requested from me.

Get Ready
  • Save money for houses/furniture
  • Level up crafts to 50 and learn:
    -Epic motifs
    -Traits (Clothing, Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Alchemy, Enchanting)
    -Epic and Golden provisioning recipes
    These affect the Master Writ drop chances)
  • Do writs now and in the future
  • Notice. If and when a Master Writ drops for you, the quest automatically opens on your screen. Press Goodbye so you don’t actually accept it on the wrong character
This is what it looks like when a Master Writ drops
woodwork.jpg

After looting the quest pops up on your screen. Remember to press Goodbye if you want the full details
writ2.jpg

After you pressed Goodbye, you can see all the details
ww-writ.jpg
    [*] Save Survey Maps just in case. (Currently on pts only alchemy maps drop new materials, but this might be a bug).
    [*] Save upgrade and style materials
    [*] If you guild has a Master Crafter that knows 9 traits and all motifs who will start crafting for the guild/guildhouse, they will surely appreciate all donations/trades of Master Writs and furniture plans.
    [*] The price of the containers found in capturable towns are going down by 75%, so in case you’re thinking of buying something like Desert Rose, wait till the next patch

Useful links
    How much money you need for your house

There are 39 houses and nearly 3000 furniture items. As I write this, the crown prices for houses are not known. Houses are account wide, not specific to characters.
    • Inns: 3 total, 1 for each alliance
      Free
    • Apartments: 3 total, 1 for each alliance
      11,000-13,000g
    • Small Homes: 10 total, 1 for each of the 10 playable races
      40,000-71,000g
    • Medium Homes: 10 total, 1 for each of the 10 playable races
      190,000-335,000g
    • Large Homes: 10 total, 1 for each of the 10 playable races
      760,000-1,295,000g
    • Manors: 3 total, 1 for each alliance
      3,775,000-3,785,000g
    • Crown store exclusives 2
      Prices unknown at the moment

How do you get furniture and recipes?

Furniture
    • Furnishing crafting (more below).
    • Luxury Furnisher, Npc that is in Colharbour on weekends. Can be found from Cicero’s Food & General Goods.
    • Achievement Furnishers, each zone has its own Achievement Furnisher.
    • Home Goods Furnishers, one in each zone, sells planks, rocks, zones trees/flowers and other small things. Same location as the achievement Furnisher.
    • Purchase tab in Housing Editor, Crown furnishing.
    • Undaunted busts, Veteran dungeons/trials/arenas last boss drops a bust. There’s it total of 34 Undaunted Busts.
    • Fishing, different types of fishing holes have a chance of dropping a fish that you can use for decoration
    • Shadowy Supplier, The Shadowy Supplier will rarely award one of a selection of Dark Brotherhood-themed decorations.
    • Paintings come from treasure chests: “Added paintings to treasure chests found in the world. They’re rare! If you find one, cherish it. Or don’t!”

Furnishing crafting and plans
    • Each craftable furniture needs a plan. Some items need several crafting skills. For example fancier beds might need passives like: Woodworking 9, Tailoring 7, Metalworking 3.
    • Plans can be found in containers across the world, purchased from certain merchants, dropped from monsters, or even obtained from pickpocketing (or murdering) Tamrielic citizens.
    • Pattern styles depend on the zone they drop in. For example Aliki’r Desert drops Redguard style patterns (other styles drop too but with a lower chance)
    • New furniture crafting materials drop in their respective nodes and provisioning materials drop from crates, barrels, etc.

New Motifs
    • Silken Ring Motif
      Motif pages drop from Cradle of Shadows dungeons last boss. Rarely on normal, better chance from veteran mode and a guaranteed drop from Veteran hard mode. Style materials drop the same way as the motif but has a chance to drop from other bosses too.
    • Mazzatun Motif
      Motif pages drop from Ruins of Mazzatun dungeons last boss. Rarely on normal, better chance from veteran mode and a guaranteed drop from Veteran hard mode. Style materials drop the same way as the motif but has a chance to drop from other bosses too.
    • Ra Gada Motif
      Motif pages have a low chance of dropping from Focus Points, Delves, World Bosses, Treasure chests or Treasure maps. Style materials drop the same way as the motif
    • Ebony Motif
      Motif pages and style materials can be bought with Master Writ vouchers from Rolis Hlaalu.

If you think I missed something major or know of other good links, let me know and I'll add them :)
    Edited by Edenprime on February 1, 2017 2:23PM
    Guildmaster of the largest Finnish community for ESO (dragonborninc.fi), ESO-Hub contributor, co-leader of PC/EU's largest trading network, Occasional coordinator of Bethesda Nordic community events and a raider. Twitter Twitch | Youtube
    • Turelus
      Turelus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This is fantastic, thank you for taking the time to put it together.
      @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
      "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    • Edenprime
      Edenprime
      ✭✭✭✭
      Turelus wrote: »
      This is fantastic, thank you for taking the time to put it together.

Thanks :) I added a link to deltias achievement guide and clarified that only the capturable town vendors have their price dropped 75% ^^
      Guildmaster of the largest Finnish community for ESO (dragonborninc.fi), ESO-Hub contributor, co-leader of PC/EU's largest trading network, Occasional coordinator of Bethesda Nordic community events and a raider. Twitter Twitch | Youtube
    • MarrazzMist
      MarrazzMist
      ✭✭✭✭
      Thank you, nice list!
    • Daraugh
      Daraugh
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Concise and helpful, bookmarked!
      May all beings have happiness
      May they be free from suffering
      May they find the joy that has never known suffering
      May they be free from attachment and hatred
    • stevepdodson_ESO888
      stevepdodson_ESO888
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      i couldn't quite get my head around the complex idea of "saving money money for houses/furniture"... how did no one else come up with this idea before now :)
    • Edenprime
      Edenprime
      ✭✭✭✭
      i couldn't quite get my head around the complex idea of "saving money money for houses/furniture"... how did no one else come up with this idea before now :)

Haha :D Well I made this guide with also my beginner guildies in mind and to those who do not read/follow any eso site and don't know housing is coming :)
    • Marabornwingrion
      Marabornwingrion
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Thank you sooo much for this! Very helpful! :)
    • stevepdodson_ESO888
      stevepdodson_ESO888
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Edenprime wrote: »

Haha :D Well I made this guide with also my beginner guildies in mind and to those who do not read/follow any eso site and don't know housing is coming :)

no worries...useful guide, thx
    • runagate
      runagate
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Shadowy Supplier, The Shadowy Supplier will rarely award one of a selection of Dark Brotherhood-themed decorations.

From which option that Remains-Silent offers? I hope it's the alchemy mats one, as the other two are horrendous. I have 8 characters with Shadowy Supplier passive and log them out standing next to Remains-Silent for this reason.

• Edenprime
      Edenprime
      ✭✭✭✭
      runagate wrote: »
      Shadowy Supplier, The Shadowy Supplier will rarely award one of a selection of Dark Brotherhood-themed decorations.

From which option that Remains-Silent offers? I hope it's the alchemy mats one, as the other two are horrendous. I have 8 characters with Shadowy Supplier passive and log them out standing next to Remains-Silent for this reason.

This is the only thing the patch notes say, so I dont know :/
      Shadowy Supplier
      The Shadowy Supplier will rarely award one of a selection of Dark Brotherhood-themed decorations.
    • Fruity_Ninja
      Fruity_Ninja
      ✭✭✭
      Thanks for posting that 'goodbye' trick so we can see what the writ is actually asking of us, and what the reward is. Great tip!

A question about that though. Are these writs saleable or bound? So if we see the writ is something we might not want to do (i.e. sink 8 tempers into an item), we can just sell in a trader? If so, that would be really handy.
      Edited by Fruity_Ninja on January 24, 2017 5:19PM
    • Edenprime
      Edenprime
      ✭✭✭✭
      Thanks for posting that 'goodbye' trick so we can see what the writ is actually asking of us, and what the reward is. Great tip!

A question about that though. Are these writs saleable or bound? So if we see the writ is something we might not want to do (i.e. sink 8 tempers into an item), we can just sell in a trader? If so, that would be really handy.

You can sell in guildstores, trade, put them in bank/guildbank etc. So if you get a master writ that gives a lot of vouchers, you'll be a rich man . Just note that if you accept the quest, you can't get it back. Abandoning it just destroys the whole quest. It would suck if you accept the quest on a character that doesn't know the traits/motifs.
    • Fruity_Ninja
      Fruity_Ninja
      ✭✭✭

You can sell in guildstores, trade, put them in bank/guildbank etc. So if you get a master writ that gives a lot of vouchers, you'll be a rich man . Just note that if you accept the quest, you can't get it back. Abandoning it just destroys the whole quest. It would suck if you accept the quest on a character that doesn't know the traits/motifs.

That's awesome. Thanks for the reply!

I think I will likely sell all my master writs, especially if the market for it is solid and they sell for decent amounts of gold.
    • Potenza
      Potenza
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      When is 6.2.107?
    • Cryptical
      Cryptical
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      When is 6.2.107?

Sixth of February, 107 years after the great cataclysm of 1910ce
      Xbox NA
    • PerArdua
      PerArdua
      ✭✭✭
      Re master writs .
      Have you tested trading between characters , putting them in your bank and selling them as on the deltia link it stats you can't in the thread .
      I'm interested in this as I m buying our guild home n a 9 trait crafter but spread over 2 characters
      Thanks in advance
      Edited by PerArdua on January 24, 2017 9:33PM
    • Edenprime
      Edenprime
      ✭✭✭✭
      When is 6.2.107?

Oh god how did I not notice that typo xD
    • Edenprime
      Edenprime
      ✭✭✭✭
      PerArdua wrote: »
      Re master writs .
      Have you tested trading between characters , putting them in your bank and selling them as on the deltia link it stats you can't in the thread .
      I'm interested in this as I m buying our guild home n a 9 trait crafter but stead over 2 characters
      Thanks in advance

Master writs you can put in you bank/gbank etc, but I heard the rewarded vouchers can't be put into the bank. PTS is currently in maintenance so I can't test it yet.
    • Edenprime
      Edenprime
      ✭✭✭✭
      PerArdua wrote: »
      Re master writs .
      I'm interested in this as I m buying our guild home n a 9 trait crafter but spread over 2 characters
      Thanks in advance

Okay I went to pts and checked. Vouchers aren't actually considered as items, but currency. So it seems they are bound to the character you complete them with
      This is the characters currency tab:
      x09bA3R.jpg
      This is the "deposit funds" prompt in the bank, no tab for vouchers
      7DoIj7L.jpg

Ps. I'm not actually that rich, I just took the templates money to buy achievement items and catalogue them here
      Edited by Edenprime on January 25, 2017 12:40PM
    • magnusthorek
      magnusthorek
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Man... Master Writs require Legendary upgrades... oh boy...
      I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
      I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
      My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
    • Edenprime
      Edenprime
      ✭✭✭✭
      Crafting & Economy
      General
      Updated Alchemy Survey Reports to no longer provide Alchemical Resin. This brings them in line with other Survey Reports.

Rip surveymaps :(

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3737312/#Comment_3737312
    • Narmaeril
      Narmaeril
      ✭✭✭
      >>> Shadowy Supplier: The Shadowy Supplier will rarely award one of a selection of Dark Brotherhood-themed decorations.

Any news which selection from the NPC gives those DB decorations?

[EU - PC] Amaraldane
      ... die deutschsprachige Rollenspiel-Gilde im Aldmeri-Dominion!
      ~ seit Februar 2014 ~

Join us on www.ESO-Rollenspiel.de!
      The german roleplay community. By roleplayers, for roleplayers.