The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Do you agree with the upcoming February Templar balancing?

• White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope don't think they have gone far enough delete the class as they are cancerous in PvP and yes before you say anything Magplar was my main but I don't even want to play it anymore
    Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I never have and never will touch PvP. Why is my magplar being unnecessarily nerfed for PvE? If I promise to continue to never ever touch PvP, can I keep my magplar the way she is? :(
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Options
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fact is:
    templars should not be able to kill other players in pvp.

Fact is PvE should not suffer because the 20% of the playerbase who PvP whine constantly whenever someone kills them.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never have and never will touch PvP. Why is my magplar being unnecessarily nerfed for PvE? If I promise to continue to never ever touch PvP, can I keep my magplar the way she is? :(

Everyone assumes it is a PvP nerf but I can assure you; RD still serves its purpose for me in PVP to spam on NBs to keep them from cloaking no matter how much damage it does
    Options
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    technohic wrote: »

Everyone assumes it is a PvP nerf but I can assure you; RD still serves its purpose for me in PVP to spam on NBs to keep them from cloaking no matter how much damage it does

So you agree that a change targeted towards PvP is actually inefficient and only hurts PvE?

Same goes for the proc set change..

@ZOS: You failed this time!
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
    Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Don't know anything about PvP. That said, I'm glad that many folks enjoy it. :)

The main problem I have with the proposed Templar nerfs is removing stun from Blazing Spear. Forgive my lack of knowledge, but I'm guessing you can't stun other players anyway? So I'm guessing the stun removal was not in response to PvP concerns. That makes its proposed removal even more vexing.
    Options
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    All classes get changes good and bad, it is part of all MMOs. Real templar fans will adjust and continue to play templars and in a couple days won't even be talking about the changes. Players who switch to FOTM classes will switch anyway as long as any other class is getting a perceived buff.

In the end the changes will have a very minor effect on who is playing templars. It is unfortunate that in this game that ZOS has been unable to do a better job of seperating PvE and PvP builds/abilities but that is expensive development
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Blazing Spear nerf was unnecessary. The Radiant Destruction nerf is called balance, it was long overdue. It's range is still ridiculous though, as well as the new Magicka steal.

Templar's can now easily perma block now with a frost staff and sword and shield. I still see them being the most overpowered next patch. In fact, I had much more success on the Magplar whilst duelling on the PTS.

PC EU
    Options
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It seems that everyone wants balance, but nobody wants nerfs.

If you want to make an omelette, you have to break some eggs.
    PvE isn't excused from balance by virtue of being PvE. The problem with Radiant Destruction's power is that it was allowing people to bypass boss mechanics through sheer DPS--mechanics that are supposed to be there to force us to think about playing instead of just button mashing. The devs saw this as a no-go, and nerfed what they saw to be the biggest offender.

Even with a 21% nerf, Radiant Destruction is still going to be far and away the strongest execute in the game. If that's not a testament to its colossal power, I don't know what is.
    Edited by EldritchPenguin on January 22, 2017 6:05PM
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
    Options
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

PvE isn't excused from balance by virtue of being PvE. The problem with Radiant Destruction's power is that it was allowing people to bypass boss mechanics through sheer DPS--mechanics that are supposed to be there to force us to think about playing instead of just button mashing. The devs saw this as a no-go, and nerfed what they saw to be the biggest offender.

Even with a 21% nerf, Radiant Destruction is still going to be far and away the strongest execute in the game. If that's not a testament to its colossal power, I don't know what is.

It's like the developers don't play their own game
    Options
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You realize stamplars are templars as well? You forgot nearly all our buffs.
    Options
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'm gonna miss be able to be a damage dealer as a magplar.
    Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

I don't care about RD. It is a good powerful skill for executes and will remain so. I expect we probably agree there.

As I've said, my disappointment is the prospective removal of stun from Blazing Spear. I don't think anyone can argue that Blazing Spear is currently overpowered. It does do quite a few things at once, but none of them are that strong or impressive on their own. Even in aggregate, the impact of the current Blazing Spear could not be considered an overpowered skill.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on January 22, 2017 6:36PM
    Options
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ritual of Rebirth (Healing Ritual morph): This morph no longer decreases the cast time of the ability by .2 seconds. Instead, it now fires an additional single-target heal after the cast is complete to one ally outside the ability’s normal radius.
    if infernal guardian is anything to go by templars could end up healing players in the next keep over ;)
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Besides the bizarre blazing shards CC removal, I'm actually kind of excited.

Of course, a lot can change between then and now.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • Floki_Vilgerdarson
    Floki_Vilgerdarson
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I voted no. I will adjust my play style.

ESO keeps nerfing and buffing. The fact is nothing will ever be balanced in ESO between the classes. That is the reason you have different classes, races, skills and champ point options. There are almost endless combinations of gear and the previously mentioned options, which can be used to make sure we don't all run the same build and class.

The top players could destroy most of us at anything in this game with any class and using any skills they want. They know the math behind everything and can put together builds that wreck players for months and then they post a video telling us about their build when they are ready to dump that build and adapt to another. Fanboys then copy that build and think they can dominate like Sypher etc.

Skill is never balanced or equal.

Thank you,

Floki

Options
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heike wrote: »
    These changes are going to cause half of Templars to go find another class to play, I'm willing to bet. Because, it's not just the horrible nerfing that's happening; it's also the time and money spent on gear that accentuates the skills, that will have been thrown away.

Nerfing Radiant Destruction by 21% ?????
    After having ALREADY nerfed it twice in 2016....?
    After it's currently and basically useless against anything that's over 40% HP?

Are you serious...

These changes are disgusting, and I'm already leveling a new DK.

But thats the best part.all the terrible players who got on to have good heals and radient will move on because they dont know how too playwith a weaker execute and just good templars will keep them in pvp.

We never started with an execute and even with this heavy handed nerf it will still be good on actual low health targets. Rejoice no more *** casting it on people with full health+ hardened/dampen up
    Options
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    >be me
    >get nostalgic for ESO
    >haven't played in a little over a year
    >left because temps were near useless at the time
    >maybe things have improved, check the forums to see
    >see this
    >only self heal is being removed
    >knockback from spear is being removed
    >RD (my go to finisher before I left) is getting nerfed
    Well, see you fine folks in another year.
    image.jpg
    QQing is a full time job
    Options
  • nexxus_ESO
    nexxus_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No
    My healer slots very few offensive skills within her precious quota of 10 slots. Blazing Spear is among them. To make the cut into her very support oriented skill selections (heck, she runs dual resto staves) an offensive skill must have a lot going for it and this one does - absolutely none of which is overpowered. It can be used at any range, it stuns just long enough to toss a heal to a struggling ally or drop a curse onto the victim's head. It gives my healer just a moment to change gears from support to defending herself if attacked. It offers a nice synergy to allies. It provides some AoE + DoT. Yes it does all these wonderful things but no one in their right mind would ever call the spell overpowered. Any nerf to this skill is completely absurd.

Jesus Beam and Breath of Life are also wonderful / slot-worthy skills but my healer only uses them under the certain circumstances for which they excel (boss executes and OMG burst healing). Blazing Spear, on the other hand, is a bread and butter part of her rotation. If she is in combat, whether as healer or solo, she pops out that spear about every six seconds. Increasing the DoT to 8 seconds only benefits those limited times when your tank has a boss perma-pinned down. The rest of the time, the extra 2 seconds is worthless with foes running all over. That momentary stun is ever so much more valuable - isn't the fact that you can't stun bosses nerf enough? Gee.

100% THIS.

I could care less about the 21%. Even as an execute, I rarely run with people that make it an absolute necessity for me to break it out and use it, but taking away a solo healer's one reliable CC is just stupid and shows they gave no thought to what we're going to do if we want to run around solo for some reason or other. What's the point of lobbing a spear and shoving an enemy further away, if you're going to have to then run toward them to jab them repeatedly to death? By the time we run forward, the enemy isn't stunned any more... I guess we just lob spears until we push them off a cliff?
    Options
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    How about stop spamming Radiant and learn another skill. The changes aren't bad to people that actually know how to play.
    Options
  • nexxus_ESO
    nexxus_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No

You forgot about the psych factor of having a beam ominously latch on to you from forever away. (Which is what everyone is actually pissy about, they just don't realize it.) Doesn't matter that the beam is pretty useless when you're sitting at 100% health, and easy to recover from. Nothing causes panic like a beam from afar! I do it on purpose, just to be annoying. Love watching the panicked dodge-rolls and scramble to escape.

(Queue the butthurt and whinging about dying to zergs of beamers hiding in the back. Boo-Effin-hoo. If you see 20 people rushing at you, chances are you're going to die regardless. Suck it up like the rest of us and accept that you're going to get mowed down once in awhile; that's what you expect everyone else to do.)
    Options
  • Sovaso
    Sovaso
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Templar? What is this??
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The main problem I have with the proposed Templar nerfs is removing stun from Blazing Spear. Forgive my lack of knowledge, but I'm guessing you can't stun other players anyway? So I'm guessing the stun removal was not in response to PvP concerns. That makes its proposed removal even more vexing.

I don't know what the reasoning for Blazing Spear stun removal is. I don't think I have ever seen anyone in PvP complain about it. From what I gather from their explanation is that it is to make people consider the other morph and that will not happen in PvP. The other morph is worthless as far as CC goes and is still just a support skill by giving a synergy on resource recovery.
    Options
  • daniel.13b16_ESO
    daniel.13b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I hate the stun removal from Blazing Spear. It makes zero sense. It is great for PVE as a DPS when you take on a group of enemies, stunning with a little damage and healing again ... the way a healer class is supposed to function as a DPS I reckon. I also used it as a healer for trash mobs and to help a group member out and then heal him/her. It works fine in PVP. Javelin is useless. Blazing Spear is just an all-around versatile and fun to use ability without bothering anyone and without being OP. Removing stun is idiotic. Templars already have so many useless abilities and Blazing Spear just joined them. And then people wonder why more and more people play Trollplars, or simply spam JesusBeam.

The more they change abilities the less versatile every class gets until there really is only one magicka and one stamina build per class. And
    Options
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, in PVP my first attack is stun the enemy, then my team mates attack, then I beam it dead, so the updates will kill my strategy.
    Pc na
    Options
  • daniel.13b16_ESO
    daniel.13b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No

Actually yes, you can stun players. However, as far asI know nobody every complained about Blazing Spear as all other classe have other (and more) CC abilities. I understand the JesusBeam nerf (although damage is and never was the real problem) but the stun removal just ... well, stuns me.
    Options
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Actually yes, you can stun players. However, as far asI know nobody every complained about Blazing Spear as all other classe have other (and more) CC abilities. I understand the JesusBeam nerf (although damage is and never was the real problem) but the stun removal just ... well, stuns me.

Agree, is there another stun ability available for future Templar? The undaunted skill line?
    Pc na
    Options
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if your a templar you should not be able to kill people in pvp unless they are extremely low level to you.
    your a healer not a damage dealer.
    i have never seen nor played any mmo where the healers can go around killing people and healing themselves completely out of death even in huge groups attacking them they become even more tank and more healing.

fact is:

So your saying that the 4 classes in this game should not have different kinds of builds while other mmorpgs offer tons of hybrids including dps/healers? Your mmorpg variety is very limited, even wow had a dps spec for priest.
    Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Thank you. I appreciate your answer and insight into PvP since I'm PvE only. Makes removing stun from Blazing Spear even more curious since it seems neither PvP nor PvE see the need/reason. And I can't believe any other classes would be complaining about little ol' Blazing Spear hurting their game.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on January 22, 2017 11:33PM
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    if your a templar you should not be able to kill people in pvp unless they are extremely low level to you.
    your a healer not a damage dealer.
    i have never seen nor played any mmo where the healers can go around killing people and healing themselves completely out of death even in huge groups attacking them they become even more tank and more healing.

fact is:

There are no healers in this game. Any class can play any role.

In the right setting yes, endgame your gonna have trouble.
    Options