The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you agree with the upcoming February Templar balancing?

• Calluna
    Calluna
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Are they removing the disorient from luminous shards also?
  • ScooberSteve
    ScooberSteve
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    21% nerf straight off the bat to radiant destruction is huge. Taking away stun from blazing spear its useless in pvp now and what they think we are going to use backlash in pvp now? Backlash will always be useless in pvp ZOS no small damage amout is going to change that.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Heike wrote: »
    These changes are going to cause half of Templars to go find another class to play, I'm willing to bet. Because, it's not just the horrible nerfing that's happening; it's also the time and money spent on gear that accentuates the skills, that will have been thrown away.

Nerfing Radiant Destruction by 21% ?????
    After having ALREADY nerfed it twice in 2016....?
    After it's currently and basically useless against anything that's over 40% HP?

Are you serious...

These changes are disgusting, and I'm already leveling a new DK.

Actually it's Templar or nothing for me, which means finding another game.

• LuminaLilly
    LuminaLilly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Finally magic cancerplars get a Nerf they were long overdue for
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    21% nerf straight off the bat to radiant destruction is huge. Taking away stun from blazing spear its useless in pvp now and what they think we are going to use backlash in pvp now? Backlash will always be useless in pvp ZOS no small damage amout is going to change that.

Backlash got a buff, I have not checked the results.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    technohic wrote: »
    I never have and never will touch PvP. Why is my magplar being unnecessarily nerfed for PvE? If I promise to continue to never ever touch PvP, can I keep my magplar the way she is? :(

Everyone assumes it is a PvP nerf but I can assure you; RD still serves its purpose for me in PVP to spam on NBs to keep them from cloaking no matter how much damage it does

Don't know anything about PvP. That said, I'm glad that many folks enjoy it. :)

The main problem I have with the proposed Templar nerfs is removing stun from Blazing Spear. Forgive my lack of knowledge, but I'm guessing you can't stun other players anyway? So I'm guessing the stun removal was not in response to PvP concerns. That makes its proposed removal even more vexing.

Yes actually you can stun and CC other players, which is often the only way to kill people in PVP. With the removal of the stun from Blazing spear they have taken away the only CC Templars have worth using.

Options left to MagTemp for stunning are:

Aurora Javelin--these are often dodged passively with major evasion so the speed of the projectile won't help. Considering how much each cast costs( >20% more compared to Blazing spear) even with the max-range bonus the total damage is stupid low. Also the five meter knockback negates the 1.8 sec stun since by the time you can hit them with sweeps (MagTemps main spammable) the stun has worn off.

Toppling Charge--a nice stun/damage combo which puts you right into the face of the enemy. The problem is it doesn't work correctly in most of Cyrodiil because the smallest difference in elevation breaks the skill. Also has a range less (22m) than most good ranged damage abilities (28m) so someone with major expedition could kite you all day without letting you in range. Not a good skill to use against someone coming at you with EOTS up either.

Volcanic rune-- A nice stun/knockback for placing at your own feet hidden by rune focus to catch melee attackers by surprise when they gap close but the small radius combined with a highly visible animation makes it too easy for enemies to avoid otherwise. Also costs nearly 25% more than Blazing spear per cast yet yielding only 10% more damage against a single target than BS delivers to multiple in an AOE. So hit one person for 2500 vs. up to 6 for 2250 each.

Destructive touch and morphs with lightning staff equipped--probably the best option left but not great still. We are forced to choose between doing single target damage with stun from 28m range with Destructive Reach or single target damage with stun and so-so AOE splash damage from Destructive Clench but at the cost of a paltry 17m range. All morphs cost >20% more than BS, which has a range of 25M. No matter which morph we choose we lose something significant while increasing the cost to stun someone more than 20%.
    Edited by itscompton on January 23, 2017 3:16AM
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Finally magic cancerplars get a Nerf they were long overdue for

Except this is a buff to cancer plars and a nerf to damage dealing plars
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    The radiant damage nerf will not fix anything in pvp, while our damage in pve will be greately reduced, The spear change is just stupid, why did you remove the stun?? Also i hate the new minor magickasteal, it will be a nerf to everyone except templars, elemental drain and siphon will become completely irrelevant, i can't believe that zenimax didn't foresee this.....
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    GawdSB wrote: »
    How about stop spamming Radiant and learn another skill. The changes aren't bad to people that actually know how to play.
    LOL, if you had problems getting killed by RO you're the one that needs to L2P. But you and the other whiners cried enough to get what you want so congratulations.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Just open every skills and passive to everybody. This is just money grabbing. Either I have 1 of every class and chase the Metta or find something new to play. Zos money grab going on. The pvp was straight poo to begin with so I will not miss that.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    How about stop spamming Radiant and learn another skill. The changes aren't bad to people that actually know how to play.

i use radiant as an execute, period.

it kills very quickly and hits like a truck on an enemy whose health is in execute range.

eta: the nerf to blazing spear?

fixing something that isn't broken. it wasn't broken the last time it was nerfed, either.

Edited by Lylith on January 23, 2017 3:15AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Looks like magsorc is leaving templar (and the other magicka classes) in the dust.

Last few months it was the opposite (templar was miles better than everyone else).

Why does there always need to be an absolutely best class for DPS? DPS is by far the easiest role to ensure parity in since all you are doing is balancing numbers. Tweak all the numbers to ensure around the same DPS for every class and you're golden. Tanking and healing rely on ability descriptions (not just numbers), making them inherently more difficult to balance.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 23, 2017 3:34AM
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    itscompton wrote: »
    LOL, if you had problems getting killed by RO you're the one that needs to L2P. But you and the other whiners cried enough to get what you want so congratulations.

Now, i do agree that radiant needed a nerf, but like i said in my previous post, the nerf will not solve anything in pvp, they should have reduced the range instead, so you have less space to travel to interrupt the player.
    Edited by JinMori on January 23, 2017 4:18AM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I never have and never will touch PvP. Why is my magplar being unnecessarily nerfed for PvE? If I promise to continue to never ever touch PvP, can I keep my magplar the way she is? :(

Everyone assumes it is a PvP nerf but I can assure you; RD still serves its purpose for me in PVP to spam on NBs to keep them from cloaking no matter how much damage it does

Don't know anything about PvP. That said, I'm glad that many folks enjoy it. :)

The main problem I have with the proposed Templar nerfs is removing stun from Blazing Spear. Forgive my lack of knowledge, but I'm guessing you can't stun other players anyway? So I'm guessing the stun removal was not in response to PvP concerns. That makes its proposed removal even more vexing.

Actually yes, you can stun players. However, as far asI know nobody every complained about Blazing Spear as all other classe have other (and more) CC abilities. I understand the JesusBeam nerf (although damage is and never was the real problem) but the stun removal just ... well, stuns me.

I've complained about it plenty! But it isn't overpowered and I don't understand why removing the stun was even on the table to be considered while encase - a far more annoying skill - got a cost reduction.

I agree about the Radiant nerf. It needed something because in it's current state it promotes sloppy, mindless play in PvP. Nerfing the damage won't change that... and I suspect the damage nerf has nothing to do with PvP.
  • SaRuZ
    SaRuZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It almost feels completely pointless investing in characters now. Every two months ***'s getting changes. You spend weeks farming for the best gear and skills and get to play for a month and then you're nerfed and the character is useless. What a bunch of morons.
    Edited by SaRuZ on January 23, 2017 6:25AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    As someone who has enjoyed playing templars I do not think the balancing will be bad. Magplar will still do fine though I wish the nerf to RO was not as server, still ok.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    BuddyAces wrote: »
    It's starting to be apparent that zos has no intention of changing any of these absurd Templar nerfs! So many people have suggested different ideas and they are not listening! They could have simply lowered the range and changed the execute from 50% to 20% to RD! And to take the stun away from blazing is silly!

Because obviously none that decide these changes main a Templar. At least not in PvP. They main Sorcerers and Nightblades. To the developers Templars are just nuisances in their own game.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    if your a templar you should not be able to kill people in pvp unless they are extremely low level to you.
    your a healer not a damage dealer.
    i have never seen nor played any mmo where the healers can go around killing people and healing themselves completely out of death even in huge groups attacking them they become even more tank and more healing.

fact is:
    templars should not be able to kill other players in pvp.

So if Templars should only heal, then
    -> Dragon Knights only Tank, don't deal damage
    -> Nightblades can only attack from stealth
    -> Sorcerers only deal damage (well..)

That's a sad logic. You know, eso is some years old already and people should start realizing it's not a typical mmo.
    Edited by Birdovic on January 23, 2017 7:20AM
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    if your a templar you should not be able to kill people in pvp unless they are extremely low level to you.
    i have never seen nor played any mmo where the healers can go around killing people and healing themselves completely out of death even in huge groups attacking them they become even more tank and more healing.

fact is:
    You don't seem to realize that this game isn't locked like that... you argument is stupid sorry to say that...
    This isn't World of warcraft, and even in wow you can kill players if you are a healer. you would make a very boring game if you were lead design.
    Edited by JinMori on January 23, 2017 7:39AM
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    JinMori wrote: »

Now, i do agree that radiant needed a nerf, but like i said in my previous post, the nerf will not solve anything in pvp, they should have reduced the range instead, so you have less space to travel to interrupt the player.

They should have changed the scaling point because that would have appeased the QQ crowd without affecting the best uses of the skill, 1) executing people at less that 20% health and 2) keeping damage on more mobile classes that start fights then try to kite us if they start to lose knowing we don't have major expedition or a reliable gap closer. My Templar has 26K spell resist buffed and 29K health, which are decent but not uncommon numbers and as long as don't let my health drop below 30% I can easily outheal three people beaming me while I fight someone else at melee range. The damage just isn't that much above 30% health.
    Edited by itscompton on January 23, 2017 2:31PM
  • Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Its HOMESTEAD for goodness' sake!

If ANYTHING they should be making the templars' homes STRONGER!

#AlmostGood@ESO
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    While I don't think it solves the PvP complaints that they are reacting to, I don't have an issue with the RD nerf. The blazing spear nerf is mind boggling. I can only guess that Wrobel or Rich got hit by a spear, went into a rage, and decided to change it so that no one will use it in PvP again.
    Edited by timidobserver on January 23, 2017 2:35PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    All we wanted is lesser range on jesus beam. We get ultimate AOE magicka steal instead. Pair that with ice staff blocking bs, and new perma blocking PvP cancer is born.
  • OOJIMMY
    OOJIMMY
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    The only thing I disagree with its removing the stun from shards. Every thing else is good. I love seeing all the magplars crying that their op is being brought in line. Only have to wait for night blades to get hit with that hammer
  • OOJIMMY
    OOJIMMY
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

fact is:

No magplars should be able to kill or heal. The fact that heals scale off of the same as damage is the issue.
    Magplars should have to either spec where they can deal damage and heals or weak or heals and wet noodle
  • maltinkilic
    maltinkilic
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    In every mmo and moba, every class is subjected to change. If my main which is templar is nerfed then i will find a different set of combination to try. Whether i accept or not this change will occur so i will try my best to find a good set of skill. Radiant is nerfed yes but still it is good for a skill. So i will combine different skills to make it efficient. Stun is removed from blazing. I was never a CC guy. I prefer my enemies dead before they even reach me ( talking about pve), and in pvp i never relied on the stun of blazing. Whether my build will be succesfull or not time will tell but if we become to powerless in pve and pvp then surely we will be buffed in the next patches. So no need to get furious for an imbalance over a short period of time. This was always have been this way and always will be this way.
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

That nerf looking better and better by the day. Lmaooo
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The stun from spear was removed so that it's used less in PvP by block casting magplars and therefore stamina users have to build for more regen.
    So it's actually not a nerf to templar CC, which got buffed by javelin speed increase, but a nerf to low regen stamina builds that ran in groups in PvP. They won't be able to jump from shard to shard now.

Radiant is no nerf due to PvP, it's a straight PvE nerf to "lower the ceiling".
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

That nerf looking better and better by the day. Lmaooo

@GawdSB

Lol. The players who complained about RO will still be dying to it for the same reasons. Requires a change in play style and build to make a real change.
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Nope, I don't like it a bit.

There was no reason to make these adjustments to the Templar abilities, and they are senseless in the extreme.

I'll still play my Templar, but this just cured me of the desire to have him be a Healer on his back bar of top of a DPS front bar. Absolutely worthless changes for Templar...

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!